Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: Reborn ❯ Phase 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gundam Seed: Reborn Phase 8: Battle Lost
 
“Sir, infiltration of the renegade forces goes according to plan,” reports somebody hidden in the shadows.
 
“Good, soon we will strike!” responds the person on the other end of the conversation.
 
On the Archwarrior, Kiru is talking with Ryo and Akiko.
 
“Gah, I'm so bored,” complains Ryo, “Nothing interesting has happened in… how long?”
 
“Three days, Ryo, but at least I've able to rest from the battles,” says Kiru, “It has also given Nicol time to recover.”
 
“Yeah, but still,” says Ryo.
 
“All units level 1 battle stations. Repeat: All units level 1 battle stations.”
 
“You two jinxed it,” comments Akiko, as the three separated, going to their posts.
 
“GATX-117, Sonic Gundam, launch!”
 
“Skygrasper, taking off!”
 
“So, what are we facing?” asks Kiru.
 
“Standard enemy units,” answers Valkus.
 
All the mobile suits went off into the enemy crowd to start fighting. Kiru blasts one immediately, but the blast didn't destroy.
 
“What the heck?” says Kiru as he raises an eyebrow.
 
“Why can't we destroy those things!” angrily exclaims Valkus.
 
“Requesting scan of enemy mobile armors,” says Kiru to Captain Izumi.
 
“Request granted. Ensigns Oyr (meaning Ryo) and Ensign Kioak (meaning Akiko) begin scan,” answers Captain Izumi.
 
“We don't know how to!” replies Akiko.
 
“Nicol should be able to do it,” says Kiru as he dodges a Strike Dagger and punches it in the head.
 
“Did somebody say my name?” asks Nicol, who was standing in the back all along. “And you don't need a reading. I think they have phase shift armor, but I'm not sure.”
 
“Explains why we can't beat them,” says Kiru.
 
We see the same person in the shadows from before, in a mobile suit cockpit. “Dumb fools… leaving the ships alone and defenseless.”
 
A lone Strike Dagger, custom light blue comes out of the crowd and rushes towards the Archangel.
 
“Gottfrieds, fire,” orders Captain Ramius, but by then, the Strike Dagger is on the Archangel and the missiles miss completely.
 
The blue Strike Dagger takes out its beam sword and slashes into the engine of the Archangel.
 
“Seal of all doors to the engine room, and evacuate everyone in there!” says Murrue desperately.
 
Athrun, in the Justice Gundam, comes out of nowhere, and slashes at the mysterious attacker with both of his beam sabers. The blue Strike Dagger evades, and goes back into the crowd. Athrun tries to chase it, but he's blocked by several more Strike Daggers.
 
“All units belonging to the Archangel retreat! Archwarrior units cover them!” comes both of the Captains voices.
 
At that moment, all of the Strike Daggers suddenly retreat.
 
“Weird…” comments Ryo and Akiko in unison, as they watch the enemy units retreat.
 
After the battle, the crews of both ships are in a meeting.
 
“So, now what?” asks Miriallia.
 
“We should probably head back to Orb to get repairs,” suggest Cagalli.
 
“We could get their in about 4 days, if we go full speed, and there are no interruptions,” calculates Sai.
 
“From there we could get repaired and rejoin the battle in about a week,” says Cagalli.
 
“So it's settled, we leave ASAP,” decides Captain Ramius.
 
“Right!” says the crew of the Archangel.
 
As the Archangel departs, Ryo, Kiru, and Akiko watch it leave.
 
“Meh, I didn't really talk to them anyway,” says Ryo.
 
“Neither did I,” agrees Akiko.
 
“I mostly glared at them,” says Kiru sheepishly.
 
“So, basically, not an important loss,” sums up Ryo.
 
“That's putting it bluntly,” says Akiko.
 
“Whatever.”
 
A few hours pass, Kiru is talking to Nicol.
 
“They don't trust you,” says Kiru.
 
“I don't think they should. I mean I basically betrayed them. It's not important,” responds Nicol.
 
“But-“Kiru starts, but is cut off when an announcement comes over the speakers, “All units, level 1 battle stations!”
 
“I'll be back soon,” assures Kiru and then he runs off.
 
“GATX-117, Sonic Gundam, launching!”
 
“Skygrasper, launching!”
 
“Remember, they have phase shift armor,” reminds Captain Izumi.
 
“Right!”
 
A Strike Dagger comes at Kiru with a beam saber in one hand, a beam rifle in the other. Kiru dodges the blast, but is hit with the beam saber, causing some damage to the Sonic's arm. To retaliate, Kiru slices at the wrist and cuts them off.
 
“That's their weak point! There's now armor at the joints!” exclaims Kiru to Valkus.
 
“That makes it easier,” says Valkus.
 
Kiru finishes off the now handless Strike Dagger by cutting its head of. He then moves to fight another one, and slashes at it, but is blocked by the Strike Dagger's own beam saber. The Strike Dagger takes a step back to try and attack again, but Kiru uses this time the slice its right arm off. The left arm takes out a beam rifle and starts firing at Kiru. He sees another Strike Dagger coming after him, so he positions himself behind the one firing at him, so one is destroyed and Kiru neatly finishes the other off.\
 
Valkus, being chased by two Strike Daggers, suddenly goes in reverse, so he is now the one chasing it. He fires with the machine guns at their necks, and they explode. Another tries to attack him from the above, but Valkus avoids it and lets out a lot of ammunition on it, promptly destroying it.
 
The same light blue Strike Dagger comes out targeting the Archwarrior. Valkus fires at the Strike Dagger, but the shots are avoided. The Strike Dagger flies at Valkus with a beam saber, but he avoids it. The Strike Daggger keeps on going and plants the sword in the Archwarrior. The Strike Dagger flies away from the battle, and all others follow it.
 
“Heh, cowards,” says Valkus.
 
After the Sonic Gundam and the Skygrasper come back, there is a meeting in the control room.
 
“We need to get repairs, quickly,” says Captain Izumi.
 
“We could go to Orb,” says Akiko.
 
“No. The damage is too much to get there in one piece. Some supplies were also destroyed,” Captain Izumi responds.
 
“Captain,” says an ensign, “there's a colony we could get to fairly quickly, under Orb and ZAFT Forces' jurisdiction. The two sides fight constantly.”
 
“We'll go there,” decides Captain Izumi, “Readjust the ships position and go there full speed.”
 
As the ship approaches the colony, Kiru is looking at it when Ryo walks up to him.
 
“Hey, Kiru.”
 
“Hey, Ryo. Where's Akiko?” asks Kiru.
 
“She went to get something to eat. Oh, I was wondering, what's the colony's name that we're going to?”
 
“I heard it was something weird, like Oft or something like that,” answers Kiru.
 
“It's like a combination of Orb and ZAFT, “says Ryo laughing.
 
“Very weird,” says Kiru, “What do you think it'll be like?”
 
“I think it'll be cool, defiantly unlike home. Probably have a beach and stuff,” responds Ryo.
 
As the ship lands, and the hatch opens, Ryo, Akiko, and Kiru run off the ship to observe their surroundings.
 
“Weird, it's pretty much a oasis in a desert,” says Akiko. The place they landed in had lots of and sand, sun, and wind blowing sand in their eyes. The part Akiko was looking at, however, had trees, and a water hole.
 
“Brats! Come on, the captain wants us to get water for the ship,” says Valkus as he walks towards them.
 
“Not brats,” comments all three of them.
 
As Ryo and Akiko are filling up their buckets, the hear something in the distance.
 
“What was that?” asks Kiru to no one in particular. Again, another sound is heard, but this time, Kiru and Valkus see it, too.
 
“It's a gun!” exclaims Valkus. He quickly picks up his own gun, and loads it. “Come on brat.”
 
“Only if you stop calling me a brat,” says Kiru. “You two stay here.”
 
Kiru and Valkus carefully look around, looking behind trees, and in every bush. Valkus sees something move from behind a tree, so he naturally fires. He misses and bullets come towards him. Since he's used to battles, he evades them, and fires another couple. The person, who is a teen-age girl with short light blue hair, with black beat-up jeans, and a green t-shirt covered by a brown vest, comes out for a moment. Valkus uses this opportunity and also comes out. Both of them raise their guns at each other.
 
During the show-down, Kiru tries to sneak around, but finds two more teenagers. The first, is a girl, with shoulder-length dark blue hair, wearing the same thing as the light blue haired girl- except her pants are in better condition and she's wearing a pink t-shirt. The other, a boy with brown hair is wearing blue jeans, with a red t-shirt, also covered by a vest.
 
“Who are you?” Kiru demands to know, but he says in quietly, so he won't draw attention to himself.
 
“I'm Hari, and this is Unomo, our friend, Kufa is pointing a gun at our friend. Sorry about that, she does it with any strangers. By the way, my last name is hatsu and-“babbles the girl named Hari before getting interrupted by Unomo.
 
“You're babbling again,” says Unomo.
 
“Oops, sorry, I do that sometimes,” blushes Hari as she rubs the back of her head.
 
Just then, the Archwarrior crew, and some men dressed in uniforms also rush on in.
 
“Valkus, put down your gun,” orders Captain Izumi.

”You too, Kufa,” orders a man who appears to be the captain.
 
As both lower their guns, the man walks over to Captain Izumi and starts talking to her, “Sorry about that, that girl shoots at any strangers, by the way I'm Captain Onri of Orb.”
 
“I'm Captain Izumi, also of Orb. The ship was injured in a battle, and we had to stop here for supplies.”
 
“Ah, that explains it, why don't you come to our base for supplies?” asks Captain Onri.
 
“Good idea.”
 
At their base, Ryo and Akiko meet the others.
 
“Hi I'm Hari Hatsu!” says Hari as she extends her hand to Akiko.
 
“I'm Akiko.”
 
“I'm Unomo Hito and the silent girl is Kufa Teik,” says the Unomo.
 
“So, who are the mobile pilots on your team?” asks Ryo
 
“We're all M1 Astray pilots, but there are only two of them for all three of us. We swirch out, but we're going to conduct the final tests soon. What about yours?” says Hari.
 
“We have two of them. One's name is Valkus, and he is a jerk! He calls us `brats' every time he talks to us! Kiru's the other one. He's a lot better than Valkus,” says Akiko.
 
“Thanks.”
 
“Other stuff about us: we're all coordinators, and I'm dating Unomo,” says Hari.
 
Later, a mysterious person is seen near one of two Astrays.
 
(Music Starts Playing)
 
The person says, “Soon, all of Orb will be destroyed! There's no stopping it!”
 
Next Time on Gundam Seed: Reborn
 
When Kufa's mobile suit doesn't work, Hari is put to blame. With Kiru, Ryo and Akiko's help she tries to clear her name. But in a battle, will everything come out? Next Time on Phase 9: Traitor in the Mist.
 
Author's notes
 
I've decided this Arc will be three chapters. The final count for the last one is TBD still. Each of the three new pilot's names means something in Japanese, except 2 are anagrams. Hari Hatsu's name means Glass New. Glass because she looks like a Juri, the Astray pilot who wore glasses. Another reference to Juri is the pink shirt, since Juri's glasses are pink. The new is because she's a new character. She was thought up first, and the other two were thought up later. I'll reveal what the other names mean later, to avoid spoilers. And no, I don't know Japanese, I use an online translator.
 
Ryo and Akiko's last names are really anagrams of their first names.
 
I choose to write the Archangel crew out because they weren't really used. They didn't appear in fights much, and barely appeared, and the one who appeared most was Captain Ramius, followed Cagalli.
 
Dang, that's a long Author's notes.