Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: Reborn ❯ Phase 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gundam Seed: Reborn Phase 9: Traitor in the Mist
 
Disclaimer: I don't own the Astray units, GINNs, or the Strike Daggers, or Gundam Seed
 
In the shadows, a mysterious person is talking to someone else on a communicator.
 
“Is the trap ready yet?” asks the man on the communicator.
 
“Yes. Soon all Orb forces will fall, then the Earth Forces,” answers the person.
 
“Perfect…”
 
Back at the desert area, Hari, and Unomo are talking.
 
“So, whose turn is it to fight?” asks Unomo.
 
“Shouldn't you know by know? I mean we've doing it for the past couple months,” says Hari.
 
“I know, but I've forgotten, since we've haven't battles in a while.”
 
“Anyways, it's your turn with Kufa,” says Hari.
 
While they're walking, they are so involved in their conversation; they don't notice Kiru, Akiko, and Ryo walking up to them, who are also not paying attention. They eventually walk into each other and fall to the ground, except Akiko.
 
“And, why are you lucky enough not to walk into other people?” asks Kiru.
 
“Because I always pay attention, while you two don't,” Akiko says with a smile.
 
“Mind getting off me!” exclaims Unomo, who was under Ryo.
 
“Whoops, sorry,” says Ryo as he gets up.
 
 
“Anyways, we were looking at the schedule to go fighting, but it was confusing. I mean, what did the order of names mean?” says Kiru.
 
“It's simple. The order you saw was exactly Hari, myself, and then Kufa. That's the order it goes in. For example Hari and I will go. Then I'll go with Kufa. Finally Kufa will go with Hari, and repeat again,” explains Unomo.
 
“Attention, we are under attack. All military personal report to their stations immediately!” calls an intercom, located around the base.
 
“Let's go!” says Kiru, as all five of them rush off to their posts.
 
“GATX-117 Sonic Gundam launch!”
 
“Skygrasper, launch!”
 
“M1-Astray, outta here!” says Unomo.
 
“Hey, where's Kufa. She's supposed to be ready by now!” says Captain Onri.
 
“They'll have to launch without her! There's now time to find her!” says Captain Izumi.
 
As the four machines launched, they quickly saw what they were up against, as they saw Strike Daggers, each with phase shift armor, and led by the custom blue Strike Dagger that damaged both the Archangel, and the Archwarrior.
 
Kiru immediately goes up to the blue Strike Dagger and attacks it with his beam saber, but the blue Strike Dagger avoids it easily and kicks the Sonic in the back of the head. Kiru recovers, and fires his igelstellungs in his head (the guns in the Gundam's head) but the blue Strike Dagger again avoids it and fires a couple shots with the beam rifle. Kiru avoids them by jumping to the right.
 
Unomo is fairing pretty well, fighting against a Strike Dagger. He slashes with his beam saber, but it's blocked by the Strike Dagger's own beam saber. Unomo tries again, but it's blocked. Unomo jumps back, taking out his beam rifle. He fires a few shots, but when they're avoided, Unomo jumps forward and slices off the Strike Dagger's head, making it explode.
 
Valkus, in his Skygrasper, is facing a Strike Dagger himself. He unloads a lot of ammunition on it, but the Strike Dagger avoids most of them, and the few that don't miss don't affect the Strike Dagger, due to its phase shift armor. Valkus fires a large beam cannon, which shreds off the Strike Dagger's left arm, which was carrying a beam saber.
 
“Perfect,” says Valkus, as he realizes the Strike Dagger is out of close combat weapons. He goes up to the Strike Dagger, and blasts the head off.
 
Kiru fires a couple shots at the blue Strike Dagger. The Dagger avoids it and jumps up to slash at the Sonic. Kiru puts up his own beam saber to block, but the blue Strike Dagger sees this, and changes angles so the slash will pit the cockpit. Kiru sees this just this in time, and avoids, but not without getting a scratch on the side of the Sonic Gundam.
 
“Dang it!” exclaims Kiru. He turns around; to fight other Strike Dagger, but the blue Strike Dagger won't let him off that easily, and chases. Kiru speeds up, but then suddenly stops. The blue Strike Dagger takes this opportunity and jumps at Kiru. Kiru smirks, and suddenly turns around. Kiru slashes at the blue Strike Dagger's arm, so it's too late to avoid the attack completely, so the blue Strike Dagger's arm is damaged.
 
Unomo is facing another Strike Dagger. He slashes at it, but the attack is avoided. The Strike Dagger, jumps behind Unomo and kicks the Astray to the ground. The Strike Dagger goes to finish him off with a beam saber, but Unomo rolls around and blocks it with his beam saber. Unomo slings the Strike Dagger back and kicks it. Unomo takes out his other beam saber out and launches a fury of attacks. The Strike Dagger avoids them, and lands a lucky shot to the Astray's head, which makes it fall to the ground. The Strike Dagger lands, and points the beam rifle at Unomo's head.
 
Kiru is fighting the blue Strike Dagger, which abruptly leaves, and all the other Strike Daggers follow it.
 
The pilot of the Strike Dagger that cornered Unomo, a female elite ZAFT soldier, with shoulder length blonde hair says, “Lucky loser,” referring to Unomo, as she flies off.
 
As Kiru, Valkus, and Unomo, get off their mobile armors, Hari runs up to them, and starts talking.
 
“We should look for Kufa, she might hurt!” says Hari.
 
“Right, we'll look for her at the oasis. She disappears to there a lot,” says Unomo.
 
“I'm going to find Akiko and Ryo,” says Kiru, “But then I'll help look for Kufa.”
 
At the oasis, Hari, Unomo, Kiru, Ryo, and Akiko were looking everywhere for Kufa.
 
“Maybe she'll talk and we'll hear her,” suggests Ryo.
 
“She talks so little that I can't remember her voice, and she's been here for months now,” says Hari. Kufa then appears out of nowhere right in front of Hari, spooking her.
 
“Gah! Don't do that, Kufa! Oh, wait, where were you?” says Hari.
 
“Around,” was Kufa's simple reply.
 
“Not like didn't except a one word response. Let's get going,” says Hari.
 
Back at the base, the three Astray pilots were called to the hangar where the Astrays were kept.
 
“Which one of you did this?!” demands Captain Onri.
 
“Did what?” ask Hari and Unomo in unison.
 
“Mess up one of the two Astrays with a ZAFT virus.”
 
“How do you it's a ZAFT virus?” asks Kufa
 
“A disk that said ZAFT virus,” answers Captain Onri while everyone else (except Kufa) sweatdrops.
 
“I saw Hari sneak in here earlier,” says normally quiet Kufa.
 
“What! You liar!” screeches Hari, “You might be the one who did it!”
 
“I was asleep when it happened,” says Kufa.
 
“Well, it makes sense,” says Captain Onri, “This is serious. One of you is a traitor.”
 
After the meeting ended, Hari is walking around, when she sees Kiru, Akiko, and Ryo talking.
 
“Hey, can you three help me?” asks Hari as she approaches them
 
“For what?” asks Ryo.
 
“Help prove that it was Kufa who did it!”
 
“Do what?” asks Akiko.
 
“Sabotage an Astray!”
 
“Fine, we'll help you,” says Kiru, “Where should we look?”
 
“At the hangar,” says Hari.
 
“Isn't there a security camera in there?” asks a confused Akiko.
 
“There is! Let's go look,” says Hari as she starts walking.
 
“Why do I have a bad feeling about this?” wonders Ryo out loud, following behind.
 
At the hangar, Kiru and Ryo start looking around, while Hari and Akiko go to view the security tape.
 
“What are we looking around for again?” asks Ryo.
 
“Anything,” answers Kiru.
 
“The only thing I've found is a piece of hair. Besides this is boring,” complains Ryo.
 
“Let me see the hair,” says Kiru.
 
“Sure, but what's so interesting about it?” asks Ryo as Kiru looks closely at the hair.
 
“It could be the hair of the sabotagee, or is it saboteur. You know the person who sabotaged the Astray,” says Kiru.
 
At the security office, Hari and Akiko are looking for the tape.
 
“You know, I'm surprised that they let us in that easily. There is a saboteur in the camp, right?” comments Akiko.
 
“Yeah. Now where is that tape?” asks Hari to no one in particular.
 
“Here it is,” says Akiko, as she bends to pick up the tape.
 
Hari puts the tape into a VCR and presses play.
 
We see a normal day in the hangar, with technicians working on the Astray units.
 
“Yeah, yeah, now where's the later stuff?” asks Hari in a rhetorical question as she presses fast forward. Just before she gets to the night the taper stops and the stuff inside it get messed up.
 
“Someone must have messed it up! They could of opened the tape up, and pull all the stuff out of it. Or they could have put a virus in there somehow. Or-” concludes Hari.
 
“Let's go,” says Akiko.
 
“Right.”
 
Outside the hangar, the group regroups.
 
“So find anything,” asks Kiru, “All we found was a hair.”
 
“The tape got messed up,” says Akiko.
 
“Let me see the hair please,” says Hari as Kiru hands it to her. “Wait, this is my hair!”
 
“Attention, we are under attack. All military personal report to their stations immediately!” calls an intercom.
 
“Outta here,” says Hari as she rushes into the hangar.
 
“GATX-117 Sonic Gundam launch!”
 
“Skygrasper taking off!”
 
“M1-Astray, gotta go!” says Hari as she winks into the camera.
 
“Go,” says Kufa in her monotone.
 
Kiru, Valkus, Hari, and Kufa launch, and see a small army of GINNs, with a few Strike Daggers, leaded by the blue Strike Dagger, and two other Strike Daggers. Immediately after the ZAFT suits attack, the blue Strike Dagger goes back, away from the battle.
 
“Iria, take out the Gundam,” commands the same girl who almost took out Unomo.
 
“Right, Berri.”
 
Kiru fights one of the two lead Strike Daggers. It attacks with a beam saber and a beam rifle out at the same time, so Kiru won't be safe in close or ranged combat. He flies in to attack, but is blocked by the beam saber. The Strike Dagger attacks with the beam rifle, but it is cut in half by Kiru's beam saber. The strike Dagger takes a step back, surprised. Kiru uses this moment of unreadyness to slice of the Strike Dagger's head.
 
Hari is fighting a GINN and a Strike Dagger in unison. She cuts in half the GINN's sword, only to be punched in the face by the Strike Dagger. She flies up, taking out her beam rifle, firing and getting direct hits on the GINN, destroying it.
 
Valkus, facing two GINNs, destroys one with his machine gun. He fires at the other GINN, but the few shots that aren't blocked, or avoided, have little effect.
 
“Let me guess, some of them have phase shift armor also,” muses Valkus. He fires randomly at the GINN, hoping to hit a weak point, and it works!
 
Kufa is using mostly her fists in combat, punching GINNs and Strike Daggers, which only sets them back temporarily. She punches one in the face, setting it back, but she cuts the legs off with her beam saber. She starts approaching the blue Strike Dagger, which hasn't moved since the battle started.
 
“Behind you!” screeches Hari. Kufa turns around, to see a Strike Dagger fly at her. Strangely she turns around… and fires at Hari!
 
“What the heck are you doing!” demands Hari.
 
The cockpit door to the Astray unit and the blue Strike Dagger open, and Kufa gets out and goes into the blue Strike Dagger.
 
“Wait, Kufa's working for ZAFT!” realizes Kiru.
 
“Yes, I am,” says Kufa in a monotone, “I had this planned out for months.” The door to the cockpit closed, and the blue Strike Dagger started moving.
 
Hari attacks Kufa, now the enemy, but she is blocked by the other leading Strike Dagger, piloted by the blond-haired girl. The girl slashes at Hari, but she blocks it, and takes out her other beam saber. Hari locks a beam saber with the girl's beam saber (who I'll call Berri, since that's her name), and goes to attack the head, but Berri sees this, jumps back, and fires the other beam saber out of Hari's hands. Berri flies up, to try and kill Hari with her beam rifle, but in an impressive move, Hari flies up, cuts the beam rifle in half, goes back down, and flies up again, splitting the Strike Dagger in half with her beam saber.
 
Kiru and Valkus team-up to fight the blue Strike Dagger. Valkus fires the beam cannon, but that's avoided, but Kiru attacks with his beam saber. The blue Strike Dagger flies up, then lands on the back of the Sonic, knocking it to the ground, Kufa then takes out her beam rifle, but receives bullets in the back, from Valkus. She turns around, and gets off Sonic, so he gets up and tries to attack Kufa with his beam rifle. She expects this, and now her sword is to the Sonic's throat, and the beam rifle to the Skygrasper.
 
“Kufa, the gun's mightier than the sword!” says Kiru as he fires his beam rifle. Both Kufa and Valkus move out of the way, but Kiru hits the blue Strike Dagger in the back.
 
Kufa flies away, and all the other GINNs and Strike Daggers follow her.
 
After the battle, Kiru talks with Ryo and Akiko.
 
“So, she betrayed us?” asks Ryo.
 
“Yep.”
 
(Music Starts Playing)
 
“That…jerk! How come people betray us in an important battle!” exclaims Kiru.
 
“Because it helps the enemy,” answers Akiko.
 
Next Time on Gundam Seed: Reborn
 
With the Archwarrior repaired, the ship leaves. But can they get through a barricade? Next Time Phase 10: Break Free
 
Author's Notes
 
I'd like to thank a classmate, who made a cameo as Berri. Second, people may notice a difference in my fight scenes. I did this to show what other characters besides Kiru are doing in a fight.
 
Sorry for the lack of Nicol in this chapter, but I had enough trouble fitting Kiru, Akiko, and Ryo in it!