Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: Reborn ❯ Phase 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gundam Seed: Reborn, Phase 10: Break Free
 
Author's Note: Still looking for a beta reader. Please E-mail me, or leave it in a review if interested.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Astray units, Yzak, Nicol, the Duel Gundam, GINNs, or Strike Daggers, or Gundam Seed.
 
As the Orb forces at the colony, the ZAFT forces plan their new strategy. But first, they're all lined up with a ship in front of them. A door opens, and out comes Yzak.
 
“Commander Jule, here are the status reports!” says a soldier as he hands him some papers.
 
Yzak looks over them quickly, sometimes with a smirk, but mostly with a frown. “You haven't defeated the Orb forces yet!” exclaims Yzak.
 
“No, sir. But in our last attack, we damaged 30% of their base before we had to retreat,” answers the soldier.
 
“30% isn't good enough! It should have been 100%!” angrily says Yzak.
 
“But, sir, they got reinforcements somehow! An Archangel-class ship!” says the soldier.
 
“Did it have a Gundam and a Skygrasper?” demands Yzak.
 
“Uh, yes sir!”
 
“The Archwarrior…” mutters Yzak, and then loudly, “Load up the Duel, and the elite forces!
 
Back at the Orb base, Kiru and Nicol talk in private.
 
“They should trust you!” exclaims Kiru.
 
“No, they shouldn't. I betrayed their trust,” calmly responds Nicol.
 
“But it was because of some stupid device!”
 
“Yes, but…” Nicol trails off, not knowing what to say, “Think of it this way, if someone you barely knew betrayed you and your friends, but it was because of some device, what would you think of them?”
 
“I wouldn't like them…” responds Kiru.
 
“Bingo, that's what they think of me.”
 
“All units, level one battle stations, repeat, all units level 1 battle stations!”
 
“Later,” says Kiru as the two brothers part ways.
 
“GATX-117, Sonic Gundam launch!”
 
“Skygrasper taking off!”
 
“M1-Astray, gotta go,” says Hari as she winks at the camera.
 
“M1-Astray, outta here!”
 
“Be careful, there's a Gundam, the blue Strike Dagger and all five GINNs have phase shift armor,” warns Captain Izumi, “Try to identify the Gundam.”
 
“According to the database, doesn't match any Gundams on record, but does have a resemblance to the Duel Gundam, only it has stronger beam rifle, “says Akiko.
 
Kiru blasts at the Duel Gundam, but it avoids all of the shots, and fires back with a beam rifle. Kiru moves out of the way, but is attacked by Yzak's Igelstellungs. Kiru pulls out a shield to block them, but he doesn't notice Yzak approaching with two beam sabers in hand. Kiru flies up to evade the beam sabers and kicks the Duel Gundam in the head.
 
Hari, who is fighting Kufa and the blue Strike Dagger, fires at her with beam rifle, but Kufa evades, and attacks with her beam saber. Hari dodges to the right and kicks Kufa in the legs, making her fall down. They both get up, but Hari, with no weapons out, goes on the defensive, while Kufa, with a beam saber out, doesn't let he opponent get a weapon out. Kufa goes to attack again, but Hari jumps behind Kufa and pulls out her two beam sabers. She slashes one after another, but however, Kufa is doing just fine with only one beam saber.
 
Valkus shoots several shots from his beam cannon, which heavily damages one of the GINNs. He turns to another one, which tries to attack him with its sword, but Valkus fires a beam cannon at it, but it misses, and the GINN attacks with a beam rifle. Valkus avoids it and finishes it off with his machine guns. He turns to face a third GINN which fires beam rifles at Valkus. He moves out of the way, and drops a grenade on it, destroying it. The badly damaged GINN attacks with a two missile launchers. It fires several shots, but Valkus avoids most of them, with one of them injuring the wing. Valkus, is determined not to die, so he avoids some more missiles by swerving in between them. He finishes the GINN by his beam cannon.
 
Unomo is fighting the two other GINNs. He locks swords with a GINN, but the other one sees an opening and attacks. He steps back and moves out of the way of both GINNs. He takes out his beam rifle while increasing the distance, and fires at a GINNs neck, only to miss, and hit the body, leaving a small mark. The other GINN attacks from behind him, and is meet with a beam saber through the neck, courtesy of Unomo, and explodes. The last GINN surveys the scene quickely, seeing the Duel fighting against the Sonic, and Kufa fighting both Hari, and Valkus. He returns his attention to Unomo, is flying in to attack. Unomo slashes with the beam saber, but only hits the phase shift armor again, in the same spot. He attacks again, hitting the same spot again, and finally breaks through the armor. One more attack destroys the last GINN.
 
Back to Kiru, he attacks once more with a beam saber, but it's avoided and he receives a kick to the head for the effort. He backs up, and fires with his beam rifle; it hits and damages the Duel's left arm. The Duel attacks again, in a crazy rush.
 
“Does he want to get himself killed?” wonders Kiru out loud, but he shrugs, and gets ready to deliver the final blow with a beam saber, but last moment, the Duel lands, jumps up and tries to kick the Sonic again. Kiru steps back and punches the Duel in the chest, a bit above the cockpit.
 
Yzak just sneers, and orders a retreat. As the two remaining troops retreat, Hari says with smile, “We rule`.”
 
As the pilots get out of their machines, Hari says, “Ok, so why'd the attack, and why weren't there any Strike Daggers, and why were the GINNs easy to beat from the looks of it, and why-”
 
“You're babbling again, Hari,” cuts off Unomo as Hari blushes from embarrassment, “Besides; those GINNs were hard to beat.”
 
“They weren't. Not for me at least, but then again I'm the strongest pilot,” brags Valkus.
 
“If you're the strongest pilot, then why am I the one piloting the Gundam, instead of you?” teases Kiru.
 
“Err, shut-up brat!” exclaims Valkus.
 
“Don't call me a brat!”
 
“I'll call you a brat if I want to!”
 
As Kiru and Valkus argue in the background, Unomo says, “We're like a really messed up family.”
 
At this point, both Kiru and Valkus yell, “Shut-up!” in Unomo's ears.
 
“Scary,” says Hari as she giggles.
 
“Very,” agrees Unomo.
 
At the ZAFT base, the blue Strike Dagger, and the Duel Gundam land, and Yzak and Kufa get out.
 
“Repair both machines again, and load up the Strike Daggers,” orders Yzak, “We're going to attack again.”
 
“Uh, sir, is that really a good idea? We just lost the battle,” asks a random mechanic.
 
“Don't question me! They won't be expecting it so soon after the last attack!” exclaims Yzak confidently.
 
In the main control room for the base, Captain Onri talks with Captain Izumi about their current situation.
 
“Well, the Archwarrior is fully repeared, so we can leave pretty much at any time,” says Captain Izumi.
 
“Then you should go,” says Captain Onri.
 
“But the ZAFT forces haven't been beaten yet!”
 
“But we will beat them. Our two M1-Astrays have been doing just fine,” counters Captain Onri.
 
“Ok, we'll go ASAP,” says Captain Izumi as she reaches to get the speaker for the whole base, “Attention the crew of the Archwarrior. Please report to your post on the Archangel immediately, and prepare for take off. Repeat: report to your post immediately and prepare to lift off.”
 
“Well, it looks like we're leaving now, come on Kiru,” says Ryo, while pulling at his friend's arm.
 
“You don't have to drag me!” says Kiru in annoyance.
 
“Then hurry up, slowpoke,” says Ryo.
 
“Don't call me that!”
 
“Only if you catch me,” says Ryo as he runs towards the ship.
 
“Well, that worked…” says Akiko in amusement, as Kiru catches up with Ryo, and Hari approaches her.
 
“So, you leaving now?” asks Hari.
 
“In about a half an hour, but I have to be at my station in about ten minutes. Bye,” answers Akiko as she jogs towards the ship.
 
“Archwarrior, taking off!”
 
After about 5 minutes, in the atmosphere, ready to break free, the Archwarrior receives a transmission from the Archangel.
 
“So, I assume the Archangel has been repaired,” says Captain Izumi.
 
“It has. When and where should we meet up again?” inquires Captain Ramius.
 
“We should try to meet up ASAP, and preferably a location in the middle.”
 
“Perhaps near the Colony called Cacatee, it is an Orb colony.”
 
“Good, we'll meet there,” says Captain Ramius as she ends the transmission.
 
At an EA base, a person intercepted the call.
 
At the ZAFT base, the same call was intercepted.
 
“Duel Gundam, launch!”
 
“Go.”
 
As the Gundam and the blue Strike Dagger launched, a bunch of Strike Daggers followed. When they reached the Orb base, they started attacking everything in sight.
 
“This is horrible!” screeches Hari as the she and Unomo run to their Astray units.
 
“M1-Astray, gotta go,” says Hari as she winks.
 
“M1-Astray, outta here!”
 
They both launch as the two Strike Daggers destroy a building, and kill anyone who rushes out.
 
Hari goes over to the two Strike Daggers and attacks them with her beam rifle. One evades, but the other is hit and damaged in the leg. She flies to the damaged one and attacks it, now with her beam saber, but is blocked by the Strike Dagger's own beam saber. She attacks the leg, and successfully cuts it both, and finishes it by decapitating it.
 
Unomo attacks the other Strike Dagger that blew up the building, and after he fires at it, he goes up to it, and kicks it in the stomach. He follows that up with a punch to the head. The Strike Dagger attacks with the igelstellungs. He tries to avoid them, but at such close range, it's hard not to get hit, so he does get damaged a bit, before he can cut it's head off, destroying it.
 
In another building, Captain Onri tries to make desperate contact to the Archwarrior to get help.
 
“Archwarrior…. come in Archwarrior…. Is anyone there?” asks Captain Onri into a damaged transmitter.
 
“Captain Izumi, we have somebody trying to contact us,” says Akiko.
 
“Put them on screen,” orders Captain Izumi.
 
“We're… losing…. help…..” says Captain Onri, but through the transmission, only those three words could be made out.
 
“Should we help them, Captain?” asks an ensign.
 
“Of course, turn this ship 180 degrees to their last known coordinates,” commands Captain Izumi, “And prepare to launch the Sonic and the Skygrasper as soon as we break through the atmosphere. Increase to speed to maximum allowed.”
 
Back at the colony, Hari is attacking Kufa. She attacks with a beam saber, but Kufa sidesteps it, and kicks the Astray unit's legs. Hari starts to fall, but uses her own momentum to run past Kufa, and attack from the behind. Kufa evades it, but gets a scratch on its arm. Kufa attacks with her beam saber, but Hari blocks it, and steps back to attack again.
 
Unomo faces two Strike Daggers. He parries an attack from a beam saber, and fires the igelstellungs at it, promptly damaging it. He blocks another attack, and pushes the saber to the side, and uses the opportunity to destroy it. The remaining Strike Dagger fires his beam rifle, but Unomo flies over it and stabs the beam saber into the head of the Strike Dagger.
 
Hari, jumps back from Kufa's latest attack, and finds herself back to back with Unomo.
 
“I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up,” pants Hari.
 
“Yeah… me neither,” says Unomo.
 
The Duel Gundam then faces the two Astray units, and Yzak says, “Either you give up your units, or I'll destroy the last building of your little base.”
 
“Err… well, uh… what should we do Unomo?” nervously asks Hari.
 
“Well, I think we should-” starts Unomo.
 
“Too late!” exclaims a Strike Dagger pilot, and he destroys the building, and everyone inside, including Captain Onri are killed.
 
“Captain!” yells Hari, “No!”
 
“Finish them off, now,” exclaims Yzak, obviously annoyed.
 
The Strike Daggers prepare to fire, but a huge red beam comes from the sky, and destroys almost all the ones that surrounded Hari and Unomo, while other Strike Daggers look up to try and see what it was that fired it.
 
“Look, it's the Archwarrior!” happily squeals Hari.
 
“Awesome!” exclaims Unomo.
 
“GATX-117 Sonic Gundam, taking off!”
 
“Skygrasper, launching!”
 
As the reinforcements land, Yzak gives the command to attack.
 
The blue Strike Dagger attacks Kiru as soon as he lands. She slashes with her beam saber in one hand, and her beam rifle in the other. She slashes again, and when Kiru avoids it, she fires at him. He narrowly escapes it, but is greeted with another slash of the beam saber, but Kiru is prepared this time. He takes out his shield, and blocks the slash, and rams it into the beam rifle, making it unusable. He puts away the shield, and takes out his Beam saber. He attacks, but the saber is blocked by Kufa's own beam saber.
 
Valkus fires his beam cannon an enemy Strike Dagger. The Strike Dagger avoids it, and tries to grab the front of the Skygrapser, but Valkus outmaneuvers it. He gets behind it, and destroys it with a powerful shot from the beam cannon. He is fired at by another one, but he manages to avoid them all, and destroys the gun with his own machine gun.
 
Hari and Unomo are double-teaming the Duel Gundam. Hari slashes at it with her beam saber, but Yzak blocks with his beam saber in one hand. He attacks with his other hand, holding his other beam saber. Hari jumps back and Unomo attacks this time with his two beam sabers. Yzak blocks both of them, and knees Unomo's Astray in the chest. While Yzak does this again, Hari sneaks up behind him and blasts him in the leg. Yzak scowls, and jumps to the side, and fires he igelstellungs at Unomo and his beam rifle at Hari. They jump to the side, so he can only choose to attack one, so he chooses Hari. He runs after Hari, and Unomo notices this, so just so Yzak's about to reach him, Unomo rams into him.
 
“This is what happens when you're tired at and haven't used this machine for about a year,” grumbles Yzak, “Oh well, we accomplished the mission. All forces retreat!”
 
As the remaining forces retreat, Hari complains, “What are we going to do now? The base is destroyed, so we can't stay here!”
 
“Well…. Maybe you could join the crew of the Archwarrior,” suggests Kiru “Is that ok, Captain?”
 
(Music Starts playing)
 
“I don't see why not. Welcome to the Archwarrior!” says Captain Izumi.
 
At an EA base, a commander gives his orders, “Launch all available units to Cacatee. Make sure no one survives!”
 
Next Time on Gundam Seed: Reborn
 
The Archangel and Archwarrior reunite! But will they survive? Next Time Phase 11: Reunite, then Battle
 
Author's Notes
 
I finally updated! But it's the longest chapter yet. Sorry for the lack of updates, but between writer's block, school, and general laziness, I had trouble finding time to do it. The last Arc (a.k.a. the next couple episodes [see phase 7 Author's Notes]) will have more Akiko, Ryo, and Nicol. The next couple episodes will also have some casualties.