Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Seed: Reborn ❯ Phase 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gundam Seed: Reborn
 
Phase 12, Troubles Abound!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything in this story except Kiru, Akiko, Ryo, Valkus, Izumi, Kufa, Hari, Unomo, the Archwarrior, Misk-class ships, and the Sonic Gundam, or any un-named characters. Those all belong to me.
 
“The Querty beam is working perfectly. Excellent,” says the captain of the Misk.
 
“What was that?” asks Akiko.
 
“It was a new type of beam weapon ZAFT was developing. It has two large beam cannons, one in each part, and when lifted apart, they create a very powerful beam. It's then launched, and the combination of the beam and the force of the launch make it powerful enough to go through beam-proof laminated armor,” explains Nicol looking kind of embarrassed, “Or at least, that's what I think I remember learning about it.”
 
“You think?” asks Ryo.
 
“I'm not sure what else I remember about it, or if that's really what happens. I took what I know about it, and filled in the blank,” answers Nicol.
 
“What ever it is, it needs to be destroyed. That is a powerful weapon, and we can not take it lightly,” says Captain Izumi
 
“Right,” says Valkus, as he blasts through a Strike Dagger he was fighting
 
Hari attacks a normal CGUE with her beam saber, but it blocks, and fires at her with vulcans in its arms. Hari shields herself from the attack, and tries to kick it in the head, but it ducks. The CGUE then fires at Hari with a machine gun, but Hari does a combination of ducking and shielding to make sure she doesn't get hit. Hari gets a punch at it, and stabs through it with her beam saber.
 
Unomo kicks a GuAIZ, but it shields itself, and rams at Unomo. He narrowly dodges to the side, and kicks its back. He pulls out a beam saber and fires at it with the CIWS. The shots are shielded, and the blades on the GuAIZ's shield are drawn. It flies towards Unomo, and he ducks down, hits his fist up, which forces the shield up. He then stabs through it, destroying it.
 
Kiru attacks a Duel Dagger with his beam saber, but it blocks with both of its own beam sabers. The Duel Dagger tries to kick Kiru, but he dodges back, and thrusts the beam saber into the Duel Dagger's leg. The leg explodes, but the pilot is very determined and loyal, so he latches the Duel Dagger onto the Sonic Gundam, and activates the self-destruction sequence on the Duel Dagger.
 
“What? Get this off me!” says Kiru, surprised at the pilot's self-sacrifice. Kiru then cuts one of the arms off with his beam saber. He barely cuts the other arm off before it explodes, damaging the Sonic Gundam a bit.
 
“Ugh….stupid explosion,” Kiru mutters when he's assessing the damage, “At least the Sonic took little damage.”
 
Valkus fires his beam cannon at a GINN, however, due to its new Phase Shift armor, it is not destroyed. But instead, Valkus made a decent hit on its right arm. The GINN takes out an ion cannon, and fires at him, but Valkus avoids it with the Skygrasper's high maneuverability. He circles around it, only to be attacked by the GINN's sword. He stops in time to avoid the tip of the blade, but the GINN pulls the sword back, trying to slash Valkus in half. He pulls away from it, and, at a very close range, shoots the beam cannon on the GINN's chest, destroying it.
 
The Archwarrior shoots the CIWS at an attacking GuAIZ, but it misses, and the GuAIZ destroys a pair of the weapons. The Archwarrior shakes off the enemy mobile suit, and destroys it with the CIWS.
 
The Buster Gundam fires some missiles at a Duel Dagger, but the Duel Dagger either cuts them in half with a beam saber, or avoids them completely. The Duel Dagger slashes at the Buster, damaging the missile launcher on the shoulder. It attacks again, but Dearka is ready for it. He moves to the right, and destroys the Duel Dagger with his combined gun.
 
Two Gundam appear in front of Kiru, one black with white joints, and the other white with black joints. The heads are the same color as the rest of the mobile suit, and are styled like the Duel Gundam's. The black one is holding a beam rifle, and the other is holding a beam saber.
 
“It's them…” Valkus mutters.
 
The white one rushes towards Kiru, and attacks the Sonic's legs. Kiru responds by kicking the white mobile suit in the head, but the white flies back before it, and Kiru gets blasted in the arm by the black one, damaging the Sonic's left arm.
 
“Who are these guys?” asks Kiru.
 
“They're the GATX-116 Yang Gundam and the GATX-115 Yin Gundam. The black one, the Yang, is mainly for close combat, and the white one, the Yin, is for long-ranged combat. They were developed with the Sonic, but they were both stolen by Blue Cosmos,” answers Valkus.
 
“I'll defeat both of them!”
 
“Ok…” acknowledges Kiru, slightly confused.
 
“How does he know this? Does he know the pilots or something?” he thinks.
 
“I'll fight the Yin, you can fight the Yang, I guess,” says Valkus as he charges towards the Yin, blasting at it with the machine cannons. The Yin shields itself, and the pilot, who has spiky, icy blue hair, and is about the same age as Valkus, mocks, “Nice try Valk, but not good enough. That's why you can't defeat us, and that's why you were downgraded to a support pilot.”
 
“Shut-up!” roars Valkus, as he fires some missiles at Yin, then Yin slices one in half, and avoid the other one.
 
Kiru fires his beam rifle at the Yang Gundam, but it shields itself, and fires back with its beam rifle. Kiru dodges to the side, and then quickly shields himself from another incoming blast. The pilot of the Yang, who looks like a twin of the pilot of the Ying says, “Sorry kid, but I'm really good when it comes to long-ranged fighting.”
 
Kiru flies up to the Yang, shielding and dodging himself, and grabs the beam rifle. Kiru then kicks the Yang Gundam back a bit, and stabs through the Yang's right shoulder.
 
“That's not good…” mutters the Yang's pilot, “I'm leaving!”
 
As the Yang Gundam flies away, the Yin shields itself from another blast of Valkus's beam cannon. Valkus tries to sneak around the Yang, but the Yang sees this, and turns around to attack Valkus. Valkus, however, fires his beam cannon again, breaking the Yin's shield.
 
“Darn it,” the Yang's pilot says, “I'm leaving too!”
 
“Should we follow them?” Kiru asks.
 
“No, we have enough problems now,” answers Captain Izumi.
 
Hari kicks a Buster Dagger away from her, but the Buster Dagger is persistent, and slashes at her with its beam sabers. Hari then kicks the Buster Dagger in the neck, and then she impales its left arm, making it useless. The Buster Dagger then jumps back, and fires the combined guns at her. She shields herself from it, and fires the beam rifle at the enemy. The Buster Dagger fires again, but Hari ducks below it, and destroys it with her beam rifle.
 
“Hari, look out!” shouts Unomo.
 
Hari turns and sees a GuAIZ moving towards her very fast. Hari shoots several times, but it evades them all. When it looks like it's about to strike her with the blades on the shield, Unomo comes out of nowhere, and stabs it through its chest. He then gives a quick smile to Hari before leaving again.
 
Kiru attacks a Strike Dagger with his beam saber. It blocks with its own beam saber, and counterattacks. Kiru shields himself, and rams the shield into the Strike Dagger, forcing it back. He then kicks it away from him. The Strike Dagger responds by firing its beam rifle at Kiru. The Strike Dagger then flies up to attack Kiru. Kiru avoids the first blast, and blocks the attack with his shield. He shoves the Strike Dagger away from him, and slashes through the Strike Dagger's chest.
 
“Where'd they go….” mutters Valkus, trying to find the Yin and Yang Gundams, “I need to kill them.”
 
A Buster Dagger blasts at him with missiles. Valkus shoots down one, and evades the other. To counterattack, Valkus fires his beam cannon at it. The Dagger unit avoids it, but Valkus follows it until it gets under him. The Buster Dagger then tries to plunge the beam saber through the Skygrasper, but Valkus dives to the left, and ducks next to the enemy. He then turns and fires his machine cannons to destroy the Buster Dagger.
 
“Hari, Unomo, go destroy the Misk! Kiru and Valkus, provide cover for them!” orders Captain Izumi.
 
“Right,” Hari acknowledges.
 
Hari and Unomo, as instructed, fly up to the Misk, and blasts at its weapons with their beam rifles. The first two shots destroy an igelstellung, along with damaging another one.
 
“We're being attacked! Yzak, Kufa, launch! We need everybody we can get out there!” commands the captain.
 
“Yes sir!” they answer in unison.
 
The Misk blasts at Hari and Unomo, forcing them to head away from the ship, while Kiru and Valkus attack any incoming enemy mobile suits. While this is happening, the left, back panel of the Misk opens, launching the Duel v.2 and Kufa's Strike Dagger.
 
“Hari, you attack the ship some more, I'll make sure Kufa doesn't interfere,” says Unomo.
 
“I'll take the Duel, then,” says Kiru.
 
Kiru and Unomo fly up to attack their enemies. Kufa immediately goes to attack Unomo, which leaves Kiru and Yzak fighting.
 
Unomo kicks at Kufa, but she flies above him, and smashes the M1-Astray's head. She then punches Unomo in the stomach. Unomo flies back, and tries to stab her with his beam saber. Kufa evades it by turning to the side, and she almost rams into Unomo. He moves to the side, and stabs into the leg of Kufa's blue Strike Dagger, making it useless. Kufa mutters something under her breath, and proceeds to shield herself from another of Unomo's attacks. She ducks behind him, and kicks him in the back.
 
“Ugh….This isn't going so well…” comments Unomo.
 
Hari is firing at another igelstellung on the Misk, destroying it. She shields herself from the remaining 2 igelstellungs that could reach her. A GuAIZ tries to attack her, but she blocks its beam claws. She moves to the side, and lets Valkus destroy it with his beam cannon.
 
“Good shot,” Hari comments.
 
“Thanks….” Valkus says softly.
 
Kiru kicks at the Duel, and connects with its chest, forcing it back. He punches at the Duel, but it shields itself, and slashes at the Sonic's shoulder, lightly damaging it. Yzak attacks again, but Kiru blocks with his own beam saber. Kiru slashes at the Duel's left arm, but it flies back and fires its CIWS at Kiru. He dodges it, and attacks with his beam saber again. When Yzak dodges it by evading to the side, Kiru quickly turns around, and slashes off the knee and below of the Duel Gundam. Yzak looks enraged, and slashes at Kiru awkwardly. Since the balance is off, Kiru flies above it, and kicks the Duel's head.
 
“This isn't good,” comments Yzak. Despite that fact, he puts his beam saber away and takes out his beam rifle. He fires both his beam rifle and the CIWS at the Sonic, but all the shots miss, or Kiru evades them. Kiru puts his own saber, and takes out his beam sniper, so he can aim carefully. He pulls down the targeting system over his eyes, and proceeds to aim. Yzak, of course, sees this, and he moves around in circles around Kiru. Kiru, however, doesn't try to follow, but he just keeps aiming, and adjusting. When the Duel passes the Sonic for the sixth time, Kiru fires, and hits the Duel Gundam above the right hip, not destroying the Duel.
 
“That was my energy reserves! I'm leaving,” seethes Yzak, as he does what he says, and leaves.
 
Unomo smashes his M1-Astray's knee into Kufa's Strike Dagger's head. She reels back, and slashes at him with her beam saber. He moves to the right, but the shoulder of his mobile suit gets chipped. He grabs the arm that thrust out, and pulls it, along with the rest of the mobile suit next to him. He then punches Kufa in the chest, still not letting go. Kufa kicks the chest in response, and smashes her fists over his head. She pulls away, and kicks the M1-Astray's head again.
 
“We need assistance!” Captain Izumi tells Murrue, “We have many suits attacking us.”
 
“Right. Freedom, assist them.”
 
The Freedom Gundam goes to attack a CGUE that's attacking the Archwarrior. Kira slashes off its arms, and when it tries to kick him, he slashes off both of its legs. He then blasts the leg off a GuAIZ. It tries to slash at him, but Kira avoids it, and blasts at it again. It shields itself, but the shield is destroyed. Kira then slashes off its arms, and leaves a leg remaining.
 
The Archangel is dealing with problems of its own, being attacked by two Strike Daggers. They fire their beam rifles at the ship, but the ship only takes little damage. The Archangel fires its igelstellungs at it, and destroys one of the Strike Daggers. The remaining Strike Dagger fires at it again, making a bit of damage. Then, the Archangel launches missiles at the Dagger unit. It slices one in half, but is destroyed by the other one.
 
Kiru slashes at a CGUE that was attacking him, but it sidesteps the blow, and kicks at him. Kiru catches the leg, and slashes it off with the beam saber. The CGUE fires at Kiru with its beam rifle, and Kiru drops the CGUE to evade it. Kiru then fires at the CGUE with his beam rifle, but the shot hits the shield. The CGUE fires back at Kiru, but he dodges all the shots, and rams into the CGUE with the shield, forcing it off guard for a moment. Kiru then blasts a hole through it, destroying it.
 
Hari blows off the last igelstellung on top of the Misk off, and takes aim to fire at the ship. She fires, and the shot makes a direct hit, but it doesn't damage it at all.
 
“Why didn't that shot do any damage?” Hari asks the Archwarrior.
 
“Oh, I remember. The outside armor is very thick Phase Shift armor. It will probably take a few more shots before it breeches the armor.”
 
“Why didn't you remember that before?” asks Ryo.
 
“There are some things you don't remember until you see them.”
 
“That makes sense,” says Akiko.
 
Hari aims to take another shot at where she shot before, but when she's about to fire, Kufa appears in front of her.
 
“Traitor,” Hari mutters.
 
“Traitor!” she says, enraged. “We trusted you, and you betrayed us? What kind of sense does that make?”
 
“Plenty. I infiltrated the encampment, and when the time came, betrayed you,” Kufa says coldly, “Now die.” She fires her beam rifle at Hari, but Hari flies out of the way, and fires the CIWS at Kufa. Kufa easily dodges them, and comes in close to attack Hari with her beam saber. Hari blocks, and kicks Kufa away from her. She fires at Kufa again, but she shields herself, and, using her shield to cover herself, moves in close to Hari. She then slashes at Hari, but Hari flies back. Hari blasts at Kufa, but Kufa evades them all.
 
Valkus fires at a GINN, and destroys its left leg. It launches itself at Valkus, trying to cut it in half. Valkus dodges it, and fires at it again. It avoids the blasts, and tries to cut the Skygrasper in half. Once again, Valkus avoids it, and narrowly dodges a blast from the GINN when it pulls out a beam rifle. He then fires at it again, trapping it in place before destroying it.
 
Kiru kicks a GuAIZ away from him. He slashes at it, but it blocks with the shield. The GuAIZ slashes at Kiru, but he avoids it by dodging to the side. Kiru then ducks another attack, and punches the head of the GuAIZ. It is forced back, but Kiru slashes at it again, puncturing its right arm. With the right arm useless, the GuAIZ switches to long-range combat, and fires at Kiru. He shields himself, and fires back. The GuAIZ tries to avoid it, but a shot destroys its leg. Kiru then blasts the GuAIZ again.
 
Hari attacks Kufa again, with her beam saber. Kufa sidesteps this, and kicks Hari. Unomo attacks from behind, trying to stab her, and he stabs through the custom Strike Dagger's arm. Hari attacks again, firing at her enemy. Kufa dodges the shots, but only narrowly evades Unomo's beam saber. She kicks Unomo in the chest, and fires at Hari, missing.
 
She fires at Hari again, and once again misses. Unomo slashes, trying to cut her mobile suit in half. Kufa, caught off guard goes down, and puts the beam rifle to the cockpit of Unomo's M1-Astray.
 
(Music starts playing)
 
And then she fires. The blast goes straight through the machine as Hari looks on in terror. “Un…..o…..mo….” Hari mutters with tears rolling down her cheek, “Unomo!” she screams.
 
“What's going…..on….” Kiru turns to ask before seeing the explosion
 
“Not now,” Valkus mutters to himself.
 
Next time on Gundam Seed: Reborn
 
Death in war is a must. What will Kiru do when he realizes this? And what about Hari? Next time on Gundam Seed: Reborn: Phase 13, You Lose.
 
Author's notes:
 
First off, since you're wondering, the Yin and Yang Gundams are from the Valkus prequel. Second off: Unomo. He never really was an important character, and he while he was a good character, his death sets up the next chapter.