Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Happily Ever After? ❯ After Wars ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER:I don't own Gundam Seed. The story is purely fictional and any similarities are coincidence.
 
A/N: This is my first fanfiction. Feel free to R&R. I hope you like the first chapter
Happily Ever After?
Chapter 1-After War
 
“KIRA”….. no…you promised, you promised you'll come back to me.” cried Lacus.
Tears were streaming down her face.
Kira was unconscious when he was brought back to Eternal after being rescued by Athrun and Cagalli.
Kira stirred and regain consciousness, held his hand towards Lacus and return the ring she gave him just like he promised before he left for the final battle.
He managed to muttered “Don't cry Lacus, I'm back like I promised” before he blacked out again.
Kira never did regain consciousness after that. To add to the injuries he sustained during the battle, he was also infected with an unknown virus which could have entered through his wounds. Lacus always stayed close to Kira after that. Never leaving his side for too long.
A month has passed since; Kira's condition has yet to show any improvement. Although his injuries have slowly recovered, the virus which he had been infected with has yet to show any improvement. Kira was still in a coma, occasionally he will trash around like he was being tortured in his dreams and calling out Lacus, Athrun and Cagalli's names.
The doctors are dumbfounded by what is infected by this coordinator. Coordinators rarely fall sick. Their body immune system were much stronger than Natural's and yet they couldn't determine what was keeping Kira bedridden.
Athrun and Cagalli were worried; Lacus looked so depressed and tired. Kira's condition has really taken toll on her health. Time and time again they tried to persuade her to get some proper rest but she refused and say's that she has to be by Kira's side when he wakes up. Finally after countless persuasion but still meeting with failure, they arranged for Kira to be transfer home with a medical team set up to continue monitoring his condition so that Lacus could stay by Kira's side more comfortably. This medical team is also entrusted to find a cure for the virus.
Another 5 months has passed since. The medical team has finally a break through in identifying the virus and creating a cure for it. It was a mutated virus caused by all the radiation from the nuclear weapons. However they were unsure of the effects that will come up when administered to the body. They were sure that the cure would work and heal Kira from the virus but they were unsure whether the virus will reappear with time or the side effects on Kira. The virus is a mutated one without any reference of what it could do to the human body and Kira was the first person to be infected with it.
After countless discussion and consideration, Lacus, Athrun and Cagalli decided to give the medicine a try. It was better than waiting for Kira to fight a loosing battle against the virus. At lease with medicine Kira will have a better chance of recovery. They decided to take the risk.
So the medication was administered into Kira's body. After two days, Kira's condition began to show signs of improvement and was on the road to recovery. All three of them were relief to here that Kira was recovering. In the third day, Kira showed signs of stirring and his charts showed that majority of the virus was cleared from his system but there was still a minor lingering trace of the virus that was not doing any harm. The doctors figured that the body's immune system will soon grow to be immune to the virus.
Lets hope that they are right……