Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Happily Ever After? ❯ Recovery ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2- Recovery
By the fifth day, Kira has finally wake up. He was still weak after the ordeal. Lacus was most happy to see Kira finally out of the coma. She buried her face on his chest and cried tears of happiness. Kira raised his hand and stroke her hair.
“Don't cry Lacus. I'm fine.” whispered Kira softly.
“Oh Kira, I thought I've lost you.” Lacus managed to say out in between sniffs.
“I can't imagine how could I live without you by my side.”
“It's going to be fine, Lacus. I'm going to be up and running in no time. We have a lot of catching up to do.” replied Kira. By the way how long has it been?”
Kira tried to sit up but he felt weak and could barely support his own weight. Lacus helped him to sit up straight.
“It's been 6 months. I was so scared that you will never wake up again. My life would be meaningless without you. I love you, Kira” replied Lacus.
“I….. I don't know what to say Lacus except that I truly deeply love you too.”
Kira was recovering fast; within two week the doctors clear him to be fit and healthy. He, Lacus, and both Athrun and Cagalli were glad to hear the good news.
In the recovery and observation period Lacus was always by Kira's side. They grew very close together. Athrun and Cagalli were glad with the development of their relationship. Kira and Lacus will finally find happiness in each other. Cagalli still remembers the effect of Flay and Kira's relationship. It was not good ending that relationship. Kira had been so traumatize by her death. He nearly died while trying to protect her. While he loved her with all his heart she was just using him to get back at ZAFT for killing her father. Luckily Lacus was there to help Kira's heart heal just as she is here now beside him through thick and thin.
Kira finally realized how precious Lacus is to him and gather courage to ask her out officially for the first time the day he was cleared by the doctors. They are officially a couple now. Lacus returned to her happy old self again to Athrun and Cagalli's delight.
As for Cagalli she was now the head representative of Orb and with Athrun by her side, they were truly happy. Together they pledge to rebuild Orb to its former glorious and peaceful nation. After so much trials and tribunals they are going to be married soon. Even when Athrun proposed to Cagalli, they had to go through countless objections because of the fact that Athrun is a Coordinator while Cagalli a Natural. Then there was also the matter of Cagalli being betroth to Yunna Roma Seiran. But all of that is behind them now; they are to be happily wed in 3 months time.
As Cagalli's brother, he is also appointed as a representative of Orb under the request of Cagalli just as she did Athrun. As Kira is still recovering he will not be stepping into office anytime soon. Kira actually wanted to reject the position, he was happy just being a common civilian and live his life with Lacus by his side. However pleas from Cagalli to not abandon her with all the responsibilities of governing Orb, he accepted the post but with the condition that he will only step into office a year later.
Kira wished that he could spend more time with Lacus but he knew once he step in to office his free time would be limited and his responsibilities will bound him. He would have liked to live life without the heavy burden of a country's well being on his shoulders but he just couldn't leave it all on Cagalli even though she has Athrun to support her. It just wasn't fair to Cagalli.
So while he still time and the freedom to do so he will spend as much time as possible with Lacus. It was also to make up for the time he lost with her while he was in the coma.
 
That's all for now. I was a bit late in putting up this chapter as I had assignments to finish up. Hope you'll enjoy it. Till next time.