Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Happily Ever After? ❯ Chest Pain ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7- Chest Pain
In the morning
Lacus usher Kira awake at 6 a.m. after getting ready, they went out towards the car.
“Isn't this a bit too early, no clinic will be open yet even when we reach the capital in hour.” Kira tried to reason with Lacus.
“We are going straight to the hospital. And hand over the car keys, I'll be driving. I don't think you can manage the car with that wound.” Lacus replied.
“Oh ..come on .. it's just a small burn, there's no need for me to go to the hospital” Kira tried protesting.
But deep down he knew it was useless. Once Lacus makes a decision she will follow it through no matter what. It was her motto of getting things accomplished. He handed her the car keys and headed to the passenger seat. Kira fell asleep in the passenger seat with Lacus driving them back. The morning air was fresh and cool. The sky was getting lighter as the sun raise above the mountain.
“Kira looks so cute sleeping like that” she thought.
They were almost back within the capitals vicinity. Then she felt Kira struggling beside her. Kira had jerked awake clutching his chest. She could tell that he was in terrible pain. He was gasping for breath while fidgeting wildly.
“Kira what's wrong.” Lacus was startled.
“I… don't know. But it feels like my heart is being crush” Kira struggle to answer.
“Lacus help me.” having said that he fainted from the intense pain.
“Kira…”
Without delay Lacus stepped on the gas paddle and head for the hospital at full speed. When she reached the emergency bay at the hospital she was franticly calling for help.
Doctors and nurses rushed out pushing along a stretcher. They lifted Kira from the car and placed him on the stretcher and brought him into the emergency room.
“Miss could you please tell me what happen to him?” asked a nurse.
Lacus convey the incident of the night before and the sudden attack on their journey to the hospital.
“What's wrong with him? Is he going to be alright?”
“Don't worry miss, the doctors will do their best” assured the nurse.
Lacus picked up her cell phone and punched Cagalli's number. She still hasn't informed Cagalli of Kira's condition yet.
“Hello, who is this?” answered a groggy voice.
“I'm sorry to disturb you this early Cagalli but Kira's in the hospital” informed Lacus.
“Who's on the phone, Cagalli?” Lacus heard Athrun's muffled voice at the other end.
Cagalli shot up from the bed when she heard lacus say Kira was in the hospital.
“Which hospital? I'll be there with Athrun soon.” replied Cagalli.
“St Mary's. Please come quickly Cagalli. I'm scared” cried Lacus.
“Wait for us Lacus” and she ended the call.
Cagalli's Room
“Wake up Athrun, we have to go.” Cagalli tried to wake up her boyfriend.
“Go where, it's still early” replied Athrun.
Cagalli got up and headed to the bathroom. “Kira's in the hospital”
Hearing this Athrun shot up wide awake.
“What's wrong? What happen?” Athrun got off the bed and went to the closet to get a change of clothes.
“I don't know” replied Cagalli sadly.