Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Happily Ever After? ❯ The Accident ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6- The Accident
Meanwhile in the kitchen
Kira is humming a tune from Lacus's song. He was by the stove top boiling water to cook the spaghetti. The sauce was ready, a delicious sent was emitting from the pot of reddish sauce. Kira took a spoon and dip into the sauce, he tasted the sauce to see whether it was ready and it tasted delicious.
Then suddenly it happened again. A sharp pain went though his head. It was excruciating. Kira stagger side ways and knock over the pot of boiling water.
“Clang… Bang….Crash…
Kira crashed on to the floor with the pot he knocked over. The boiling water scalded his left arm. The pain was intense but it was more bearable than the splitting headache he was experiencing currently. It was like his brain was stabbed with a million needles. He couldn't take it anymore and fainted.
The loud crash caught Lacus attention who was admiring the view by surprise.
“Kira what's happening?” she called out.
She ran out the room and headed to the kitchen to see what's happening only to find pots and pans on the floor surrounding Kira who seems to be unconscious. She notices the floor was also wet.
“Kira” she screamed and ran to his side.
But when she stepped on the water, it was boiling hot. She then noticed that Kira's left arm was burning red.
Oh my god, he scalded his arm. She quickly stepped around the water and pulled Kira away from all the mess and brought him to the living room sofa. She tried shaking Kira to wake him up but there seems to be no reaction from him. She went back into the kitchen to turn off the fire of the stove top and got the first aid kit then return to the living room. She carefully applied medicine on the burns and then bandaged up the wound. When she was done, Kira showed signs of stirring.
“Kira what happen to you?” her voice full of concern.
“I'm not sure; I was tasting the sauce when I had this splitting headache. I stager and must have knocked over the pot of water I was boiling then every thing blackout.” replied Kira.
Kira tried to sit up. Then he noticed the bandage on his left arm. He lifted his left arm and asked Lacus “What happen to me?”
“I guess you scalded yourself with the boiling water when you knock it over. Your arm was burning red when I found you. We should go back now and get you some medical attention.” said Lacus.
“I'm such a klutz. Can't even prepare a simple dinner without wrecking havoc but it is late now and my arm's fine. I had a good nurse tending it.” Kira grinned.
“We'll go back first thing in the morning. Now I'll go clean up the mess and get going with dinner.” continued Kira.
Lacus tried to protest but Kira already got up from the sofa and was heading to the kitchen.
Oh… alright. I'll help you or we'll never finish dinner tonight.” smiling slightly.
They cleaned up the mess and cooked the spaghetti. The two of them then had a simple yet scrumptious dinner in Lacus' view. She was happy with the surprise Kira gave her except for the part where he scalded his arm and fainted.
After dinner they cleaned up together and then went out to the porch and sat on the swing. They looked up at the stars. It was a beautiful sight. Leaning her head on his chest, she felt happy and content.
“Come it's getting late, we should turn in for the night” said Lacus looking up at Kira.
“A little while longer” plead Kira who was enjoying having Lacus leaning on him.
Lacus got up and pull his right arm to get Kira to stand up.
As much as I would like to stay it is getting late. You are wounded so you need lots of rest. Besides we are returning first thing in the morning to get that arm of yours looked at.” said Lacus in a final tone.
Kira gave up and stood up following Lacus into the house.