Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ In The Arms Of A War Hero ❯ “Dear Heart…Sincerely, Me.” ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Author's Note-
It's strange to think that when writing these kinds of stories, one can grow in and out of them. To think that two years later I am writing again…strange…
 
Anyway, if you're still interested, I hope you enjoy
 
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
In The Arms Of A War Hero
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
“Dear Heart…Sincerely, Me.”
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Chapter 14
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
 
 
Time passed by slowly, like a wheel, turning and turning. The days seemed to melt into each other as moments seemed to last for an eternity. Seconds seemed like hours where days felt like minutes. Nothing in Athrun's life seemed to be running smoothly as of late. He and Dearka were working more and more and he found that Cagalli's lessons have been taking up more of her time and it was less time that he could spend with her. When Kira was busy, Dearka was entertaining himself, and Cagalli was out of the house; there was nothing for him to do but stare solemnly out the window. It was to be Christmas in a matter of days, but he could barely come around to be joyous of the holiday, not knowing that soon after he would have to be leaving for Kaohsiung with Kira and Dearka. Would Cagalli come? Would she be able to? Surely, for a woman as stubborn as her she would be sure to announce that she would go with them, but with regards to her work ethic, there was the chance that ORB would not be able to take a vacation from its Representative-In-Training.
 
The television in the Living Room was on a low yet audible mumble as Athrun let out a small sigh and ran his hand over the clasp of his pants, playing with the metal and feeling its texture against his fingertip. As if hoping for someone to come around, he kept turning his head towards the entrance to the room only to see one of the maids cross in front of the open doorway several times.
 
Pointless, he thought to himself, It's nearly Christmas and we don't have any time for celebration; we don't even have time for each other.
 
“Um…I'm sorry to interrupt you sir,” came a small voice from behind the coach Athrun was sitting on. He turned slightly and became rushed with a feeling of disappointment yet appreciation, for even though it was Reyna, the small main with the bright eyes and bashful grin.
 
“But I was just curious as to if you have seen any of the Christmas catalogues around.” She looked down at her hands as she began to play with her fingers, “I haven't had time to shop yet `cause I've been so busy, but I do care about my friends and I just thought that…”
 
“Miyu moved them,” Athrun said cutting her off with a smile, “they're in the kitchen in the drawer next to the cutlery.”
 
“Oh,” she said, a hue of pink grazing her cheeks, “thanks.”
 
Athrun smiled and turned around in his seat. He changed the channel, flipping through commercials and soap operas and felt his heart race a little when he heard the front door slam. He stared longingly with anticipation at the door, waiting to see who it was that was going to cross the floor. Athrun was desperate for any kind of company, he missed his friends. He held his breathe as he heard the steps getting closer and he felt himself smile when he saw Kira enter the room with a handful of letters, presumably Christmas cards due to the time of year.
 
“You know, I'm actually a little surprised that it took me so long to send Lacus's present. I never thought that those guys at the post office would accept it.”
 
Athrun smiled as his friend took a seat beside him with a sigh, “Why wouldn't they accept it.”
 
“Well, they asked to whom I'm sending to, and it's not like I can say Lacus Clyne…so I made up a name…figures that name wouldn't have gone with the address.”
 
“What was the name you said?”
 
“Boko Myers.”
 
Athrun looked at his friend trying not to laugh, “Boko…Myers? How did that one work out?”
 
“I overheard a lady on a cell phone talking about a clown party for her kid and then I saw a Myers Shopping Mall pamphlet in the store…”
 
Kira shook his head in disappoint as he started to laugh. Athrun just smirked and let out a chuckle from his throat.
 
“Strange, Kira. Very strange. So what happened in the end?”
 
“Oh well, I told them the lady who owns the house was renting it out and that I didn't know her name, only the person renting it.”
 
Athrun laughed and gave his friend a congratulatory pat on the back, “Well done,” he said with a laugh.
 
Kira smiled, “Thanks,” he said. “Oh, and by the way. Have you picked out something for Cagalli yet?”
 
Athrun shook his head, “No, I've sort of thought about it. I'm not too sure what she wants though. We should have just done that Secret Santa game or what not. Might have been easier.”
 
“Maybe,” Kira agreed, “but then again I knew I was going to get Lacus something I mean, I was pretty sure I should have. I mean we're practically, um…practically um…”
 
“Dating?” Athrun finished.
 
“Not really,” Kira sighed, undoing the top button of his white dress shirt and picking at the lint attached to his black khakis. “Dating isn't the word I'd use. I mean, we're not even close to it; long distance friends is all.”
 
“You know how you feel Kira,” Athrun said, “There's no harm in sending a letter.”
 
“A letter would be pointless,” Kira argued, “What's the point of it anyway? `Hi, I like you, but you're far away, oh well?' Seems useless Athrun.”
 
Athrun didn't say anything. He knew Kira cared deeply for Lacus, but Kira always had problems confronting how he feels, ever since what happened to Flay.
 
The door slammed again and in marched Dearka with a pen in his hand and a large stack of paper underneath his arm.
 
“It's not very good, but I drew one of your trees outside, Kira. Looks more like a stick with multiple legs, but I think it's a start to becoming an artist. What do you think?”
 
The two boys stared at the picture, Athrun turning the page around to get a look at it from all different angles
 
“Looks like a ruler with tentacles,” he said.
 
“I was gonna say a water bottle with hair,” added Kira.
 
Dearka scoffed and snatched the paper back, sticking his nose up in the air and putting the paper back in with the rest of them he then glared at his friends, “It's a tree. And it's a shame you can't tell real art when you see it.”
 
“Maybe you should colour it,” Kira shouted as Dearka began climbing the stairs.
 
“Then it might not look like pipe with multiple anatomies!”
 
The two boys laughed, “What has more than one anatomy?”
 
Cagalli walked into the room wearing a knee-length skirt the colour of bronzed plum with a white turtle neck adorned with a matching jacket. Athrun stared at her while Kira laughed and Dearka trumped back downstairs and plumped himself down on the other side of Athrun.
 
“Wow, Cagalli,” Athrun said with a smile.
 
“Yeah, I didn't know you owned girly clothes,” Dearka added with a laugh. Kira chuckled.
 
“Very funny,” she said rolling her eyes, “and it's not mine, Julie told me I had to start dressing respectively and refine, and apparently I'm not supposed to wear suits, they're too manly for a woman representative.”
 
With a sigh she took off her jacket and rested it on the back of her Lazy Boy before sitting down and reclining in it with an appreciative sigh. Athrun gazed at her and for the first time realized how well-toned her body was. Long and slender legs with a complimenting waist and hip. Athrun felt his mouth begin to dry when he suddenly realized how her shirt stuck to her breasts and accented their size. He felt himself jump when Dearka began to speak.
 
“Well as fun as this is. I can't help but notice that it's Christmas in three days and you don't even have a tree or any form of decoration in the place!”
 
“We haven't gotten around to it yet,” Kira admitted.
 
“Well you can't blame me,” Cagalli sighed stretching in the chair, “I'm hardly here to begin with. Blame Athrun, he's home all the time.”
 
She smiled at him jokingly and he blushed slightly as if getting caught in the trance he was while gazing at her body.
 
“Oh, well. Yeah, I suppose I could do something. Don't you're maids decorate?”
 
“They do sometimes,” Kira said, “but I always feel bad because they do a lot already.”
 
Cagalli stood up with a sigh, “Well I'm hungry, anyone want to escort me to the kitchen?” she joked.
 
“Not really,” Kira and Dearka said, suddenly entranced in a scary movie that just began on the television.
 
“I will if you'd like some company,” Athrun said politely getting up.
 
“Oh, I was just kidding,” she said with a laugh, “I'm a big girl, I can do it. But you can come if you want.”
 
She walked into the kitchen while saying hi to Miyu as she walked out towards her quarters. She gazed around through the glass of the cupboards decided what she felt like nibbling on. She decided on some whole wheat crackers with some peanut butter on them. While she got all the necessary ingredients she turned to Athrun,
 
“You want some?”
 
“No, I'm alright thank you.”
 
“Suit yourself.”
 
She made them and then nibbled at them, thankful for the littlest amount of sustenance. She took in a deep sigh and pulled out a catalogue from the drawer and began flipping through the pages. Athrun noted at the sucking nose she made while she tried to get the peanut butter off her fingers.
 
What is wrong with me? He thought, I've never thought about her so much in this kind of way. I've never stared…it must be the season…
 
“I never like these clothes,” Cagalli complained, “they always look good on the mannequin but when you put them on, you have bulges in places you didn't think you had.”
 
Athrun laughed and walked over towards her after taking a glance at Kira and Dearka. Kira was hiding behind a pillow while Dearka was laughing at the fact that on screen a masked avenger was slicing at the limbs of a person.
 
“Have you thought of anything you want for Christmas?” he asked her looking casually at the pictures of clothes and accessories as she flipped the pages idly.
 
“Um, not really,” she admitted. “I'm not really materialistic, I don't really give a damn about clothes and fine stuff. I don't pride myself in possessions.”
 
Athrun just nodded, “I understand,” he said. “Kira sent Lacus her gift already, and I'm pretty sure Dearka just finished wrapping his gift for Miriallia.”
 
Cagalli nodded, I doubt Athrun got me anything. I mean, who would buy something for me, I'm not even a girl. Well I am a girl but I don't like stuff girl's normally like…I'm just a pain the ass who whines when I have to wear a skirt. Why on earth would Athrun buy a Christmas present for me?
 
She looked at Athrun and admired how he looked, warm and relaxed features as she watched his eyes dart all over the page. His beige polo shirt and denims complimented his figure perfectly. Cagalli still found herself thinking that Athrun probably would have a really nice stomach. On occasion she even thought of him with a six-pack.
 
“Um, Cagalli?”
 
Cagalli blushed and looked away as if noticing a stain on her shirt, “Oh, um, yeah?”
 
“Are you done with this page?”
 
“Oh, sure. You can have the magazine if you want. I'm gonna go upstairs and change.”
 
She left the kitchen and made a disgusted face as she walked by the movie the boys were watching. Dearka shouted remarks of glee while Kira groaned and blame Dearka for making him watch someone's innards being removed. She climbed the stairs and walked to her room, admiring the pictures of her father that adorned the cream coloured walls of the upstairs hallway. Once in her room she closed the door and began to undress. Standing only in her underwear, she gazed outside the window brushing her hair, staring at the beautiful grounds dusted with snow. She smiled when she saw more flakes flutter down from the sky. She started to hum while she pulled her diary out and sat down in the arm chair that was in the corner of her room, left of the door. She wrote about what she learned today, how annoying Julie is, how much she misses her father and of course, she wrote about Athrun and how she wishes that she could either a) grow up and get over this crush, or b) figure out how he feels in return. She knew the latter wasn't going to happen because she didn't like discussing feelings; however, she wasn't willing to give up on how she felt either.
 
A knock on the door disrupted her thoughts and she called from where she was in her chair, “Yeah?”
 
“Cagalli?” It was Kira.
 
“What, Kira?” she called back, not moving from her chair.
 
He was talking really quietly and she only heard about every other word. “What? Kira what are you saying, I can't hear you.”
 
“Athrun and me…back…if you…”
 
Cagalli stood up and marched over to the door, opening it she saw her brother and said, “I hate it when you mumble, what do you want!?”
 
Cagalli turned immediately bright red when she saw blue hair facing downward and extreme red all over the face of Athrun. She gasped and slammed her bedroom door shut, she was so embarrassed she could have cried.
 
“Athrun and me are going for a walk, we'll be back later, but you can come if you want.”
 
“No thank you,” she mumbled.
 
“Ok, we'll see you later then.”
 
Cagalli heard their footsteps going down the stairs and she just stood there leaning against the door, her face still bright red. She walked over to her bed and collapsed with her face into the pillow.
 
“Why did I have to forget I wasn't wearing anything…” she mumbled into it.
 
 
<>|<>|<>|
 
-Author's Notes-
haha so two years later TA-DA! Lmfao I know I know, so shoot me.
Anyway, Im back into it, can't promise updates all the time, but I'll do what I can
 
You can comment/review and stuff if you like. Its always appreciated ;)
 
Like always, forlorn_essence@hotmail.com or leave a review. Much love everyone!