Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Reasons ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Obviously I don't own Gundam Seed or Kira x Fllay would have never been split apart.

 

Summary: Fllay is angered when Kira refuses to see his parents. What if Kira had reacted differently to the words she said? [Kira x Fllay One-shot]

 

Pairing: Kira x Fllay

 

This is my small contribution to the Kira and Fllay's underappreciated relationship. Hopefully there are still fans of this pairing out there that will read and enjoy this. Remember to leave a comment if you can.

 

Reasons

 

After finishing her chores Fllay Allster wandered down the Arch Angel's empty corridors in search for a Kira Yamato. She reached over and allowed her fingers to slip across the cold metal walls as she continued her short journey to Kira's quarters. Something had been on her mind lately that she needed to discuss with him, and she was going to waste no more time keeping her emotions locked inside. She stopped for a moment before disturbing him.

 

"Kira," Fllay called out as she entered his room

 

She let out a surprised gasp as Tori flew passed her and perched himself on Kira's shoulder. Her blue eyes watched his fingers typed against the keyboard while his violet eyes fixated themselves on the computer screen in front of him. She stared at him for a moment unsure of how to approach the situation while Tori distracted Kira from his work.

 

"Stop that, Tori." Kira scolded the mechanical bird.

 

"Why?" Fllay questioned her tone colder then usual.

 

Kira turned his head towards Fllay, "I'm sorry. I'm almost finished, so could you please wait? Do you want to go to the kitchen first?"

 

The red head's sapphire blue eyes widened and fixated the brunette before she lowered her gaze. Something inside her begged her to stop now, but another part of her pressured her to carry out her original plans. She slanted her eyes angrily glaring at the brown haired teen. She took another step forward hoping he'd hear her better this time.

 

"Why aren't you going?" She questioned again.

 

"What?" Kira asked the girl behind him a quizzical expression plastered across his features.

 

"Kira you're family's here too, right?" Kira raised his head turning his attention towards the red head behind him, "Why didn't you go see them?"

 

Kira chocked back a gasp before responding, "This work looks like it's going to take a lot of time. If I don't finish it before the Archangel's departure…"

 

"Lies," Fllay interrupted him and slammed her hand on the desk angrily, "Don't lie to me, Kira! What is this? Do you pity me? Why are you doing this to me?"

 

"Fllay," Kira whispered.

 

"Since I don't have anyone coming to see me then I'm unfortunate…is that it?" She questioned tears forming in her eyes.

 

"Fllay…" Kira said now standing in front of the temperamental red head, "That's not it."

 

"Are you kidding me? Don't give me that shit? Why would I need sympathy from you?" Fllay shouted angrily at the brunette.

 

"Fllay," Kira reached out to wipe her tears only for her to slap his hand away.

 

"You're the one who's in pain! Aren't you the one who's unfortunate? Poor Kira…poor lonely Kira…" Fllay stuttered trying to her best to fight her tears, "You cry while fighting…you cry for the people you can't protect…you always cry so easily. That's why…"

 

She rushed into Kira's chest and released her tears. Kira's arms floated to the side trying to decide whether to embrace her or to let her continue crying in his chest.

 

"But then why do I…" Fllay shouted now pounding her fists into Kira's chest while hot tears spilled down her cheeks, "Why do I need sympathy from you?"

 

"Fllay…" Kira paused trying to choke back his tears, "Don't you see…if I visited my parents they'll probably regret everything…"

 

"What are you talking about?" Fllay shouted again brushing a few tears from her eyes.

 

Kira embraced the red head, and held her close to him while tears streamed down his face. He dug his nails into the pink cloth of her uniform sobbing with anger, "If they saw me now they'd regret ever making me a coordinator! I don't want them to see me like this!"

 

"Kira…" Fllay murmured before covering her mouth with both of her trembling hands.

 

"They won't see the child they raised…" Kira continued, "They'll see a soldier…they'll see a killer!"

 

Instantly silence fell over the two teenagers. Kira pulled Fllay closer to him, and caressed the small of her back. He needed her in his arms. She was all he had left now that Sai no longer wanted anything to do with him, and Athrun was still fighting for ZAFT. The last thing he wanted to lose was her even if it was obvious that she didn't exactly return his feelings they way he'd like her too. Still she was an outlet for his stress, and he wanted to protect her from anything that threatened her life in anyway.

 

"Fllay…" Kira stared down into her grayish blue eyes, "I don't want to lose you."

 

"Kira…" She murmured.

 

"I…Fllay…it's just…" Kira stammered trying to find a way to finish his sentence, "I don't want to lose the only one I have left."

 

"But…Kira…." Fllay stuttered.

 

"I love you, Fllay." Kira confessed, "At first I thought it was just a simple schoolboy crush, but when you kissed me I knew my feelings were real."

 

"Kira…I never knew." Fllay was now at a lost for words.

 

"But when your father died I knew that you'd never love me in return." Kira continued, "Because I was a coordinator I'd never be good enough for you, but I'll continued to protect you even if I know you're feelings are only lies."

 

"You knew?" Fllay asked in shock.

 

"I knew from the beginning, but never allowed myself to accept it till now." Kira's fingers lightly tipped her chin up, "But even if you hate me I promise that I will always protect you."

 

"Kira…I," Fllay said tears once again pouring down her cheeks only to be wiped away by Kira's hand, "Kira when my father died the reason I came to you was because I was looking for someone to comfort me. I didn't want to hurt Sai, and I didn't want to hurt you. Still my anger got the best of me…I got carried away. I'm sorry."

 

"Apology accepted." Kira responded.

 

And with his final statement he seized her lips in a powerful kiss. He was still unsure if she was being honest with him, but he didn't care anymore. All he wanted was to hold her in his arms. It didn't matter if she'd never love him as long as he could protect her from harm.

 

The End

 

Finished! To be honest this is how I wish things happened on episode 28. Instead Kira broke things off with Fllay, and now will probably end up with Lacus. (God Forbid) Still I strongly support Kira and Fllay's relationship. I wish they could have been, but I guess the director wanted to appease his fans, and give into there demands for Lacus and Kira to be together. Anyways, please comment.