Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Quick A/N: Just a new story that I thought of. And for the people waiting for Gundam Seed: Reborn to finish up, I'm having a serious case of writers block. Besides this shouldn't be too long, a total of 3 chapters probably.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Seed, and any related characters or organizations unless I mark them. I also don't own the beginning of the story, everything up to “2 hours later” is a recap of episode 29.
 
Chapter one: Escaping to a Trap.
 
Prologue
 
Year: C. E. 71 Date: 4.15 (April 15)
 
Things weren't going well for the Rau Le Creuset team, sent again to destroy the Archangel and Strike Gundam, this time fighting near Orb's waters. The Strike Gundam had successfully damaged the Aegis', the Duel's, and the Buster's Guuls, which gave the units a platform to stand and fly on. It had also cut of the Blitz's right arm, and knocked it off its Guul also.
 
Currently, the Strike was fighting the Aegis on a small island close by. The Aegis attacked, but the Strike quickly dodged and blocked the attacks. It then made a counterattack by punching the Aegis down to the ground, losing its phase shift armor upon impact. The Strike triumphantly raised its sword over its shoulder, as to finish off the defeated enemy.
 
Then, a cry came out from nowhere. It turned out to be Nicol, using the Blitz's Mirage Colloid to be invisible. It turned the Blitz's phase shift armor back, and warned Athrun to move, while charging with a pole in its remaining arm. The Strike ducks, and slashes the sword through the Blitz, stopping when Kira realized what was happening. The sword entered the cockpit, and moved towards Nicol, slashing him in the stomach with a beam saber. Before the Blitz exploded, Nicol warned Athrun to run and thought of his mother and piano briefly.
 
2 hours later.
 
On the small island where a battle had just taken place, a small Earth Forces ship landed. A total of 4 men got out. Two of them were carrying various medical supplies, such as stitches and bandages and dressed in a light green outfit. The other two were both in similar blue uniforms. All four of the men walked over to a badly damaged mobile suit, missing an arm, other parts strewn around it, and charred almost to the point of being unidentifiable, and they start walking towards the chest of what used to be a Gundam.
 
“Open it,” one of the men in uniforms said, pointing to the hatch. Immediately, the men carrying medical supplies climbed onto the mobile suit, and opened it with a crowbar. In it they see a young man, with blood running down his face, and a large gash in the stomach. They start inspecting his vital signs and breathing.
 
“Breath is very shallow. Vital signs are also shallow,” comments one of them
 
“He's lost a large amount of blood. He'll need a transfusion,” comments the other.
 
“Overall condition is decent. Not as bad as many others, but still bad. Needs immediate attention.”
 
“Get him back to the ship now.”
 
The two men pick him up carefully, and start carrying him back to the ship
 
“Is he eligible?” asks one of the men in uniforms.
 
“Yes. He needs a recovery time of 2-3 weeks.”
 
“Good. We need a new subject,” comments the other man in uniform.
 
“Make sure not to lose this one,” commands the first man in uniform. The two men in light green outfits silently make note of this while entering the small gray ship.
 
1 year later
 
I hate this place. I really do. It's a place of death and cruelness. It's bleak, with the cells small enough for one person to be cramped, never mind two or three people living here. It includes a sink, toilet, and a shower with cold water. Around those is a curtain. The beds are pieces of wood with a light sheet for a blanket. And they only give us 2 outfits. Both have the exact same clothes: black shorts, and a black t-shirt. Well, on the room size subject, the only decent rooms are the rooms Blue Cosmos takes every day. And those places are even worse.
 
You can see people being dragged away until they finally snap. That's the worst feeling of all. You can see people you know, or knew, babbling complete nonsense. I'm surprised there are people who haven't snapped yet. Usually, Blue Cosmos injects us with some fluid. It causes the injected person to hallucinate, giving out classified information they have. If they don't have the desired information or results, they get injected again. This time, they see horrible monsters. It makes us see everybody as a monster. You might go crazy seeing these disgusting creatures. After about 15 minutes of that, they use some kind of hand-held machine to scan you. If the scan turns up positive for some kind of fear-induced, coordinator-exclusive serum in the blood, they stick a needle in your arm to get that serum. No one here as any idea what the serum is used for.
 
Anyways, I'm not good as resisting telling them. I'm too tempted not to tell them. I tell them a little bit each day, enough to let me leave that horrid place. Sometimes it's about the Blitz. Sometimes it's about people on my team. Sometimes it's about my father, who's on the Plant Security Council. Still, other but rare times, it's about the legged-ship we were following.
 
I honestly fear for the day I run out of things to say. I didn't say anything one day, because I couldn't think of anything to say. I was injected with the second serum after I had a little breakdown and said out loud, that I didn't have. Smart move there, Nicol. That was the worst day I had here.
 
For the rest of the day, I kept seeing people as those creatures. I even saw my …roommates; I guess you could call them monsters! Always a different one, never the same creature. One of my roommates even laughed the next day, after I apologized when I freaked out when I saw him one time. It was the worst moment there. I was sitting on the small bed I have, trying not to look at anyone, because I knew that I would see them as monsters. He made a large sound, so I naturally turned around without thinking about it. He was a huge monster. He had black fur. There were gold and red claws protruding from his shoulders, legs and arms. He also had a wolf-like face. I kind of freaked out and hit him. Anyways, the next day, I apologized, and he laughed a bit. He said that happened to him constantly, because he didn't know what Blue Cosmos wanted to know.
 
I sometimes wonder what it's like outside here. I wonder about the outcome of the war. I wonder about what technological advances there have been sometimes. I constantly wonder about my parents. Mainly I wonder how Yzak, Dearka, and Athrun reacted to when they thought I was dead. I imagine Athrun would have been pretty upset, since we were pretty good friends. Yzak…I think he would probably be angry, since he gets pretty angry easily. Dearka…I'm not sure how he would react. The best idea I could come up with is that he would be a combination of sadness and anger, I guess.
 
I wonder what time it is right now. We don't actually know it. The closest we know is how light or dark it is outside. It's not like we need to know the time, though, but we have to know how bright it is outside. Every dawn, everybody gets up, and prepares for the day. Then we eat whatever it is we eat. Then we have a few hours of rest, and that's when the real fun begins. They drag everybody out of their room, and herd them into some large room about 50 at a time. Then, they start with the hallucination serum.
 
That usually lasts for 15 minutes to 45 minutes at most. Then they herd us back into our rooms for the rest of the day. It gets pretty boring around here, also, since we have about 15 hours with nothing to do. Usually, most people, including me, try to sleep. A few others try to make up some games to pass the time. When I don't feel like sleeping, though, I pretend to play the piano. I don't know why. It just helps pass time.
 
Well, there is some hope to escape from this place. Some people have tried to escape before. I didn't know any of them, but I know most failed. The only exception I know of is some guy who recently was able to crash through a window. I think he's probably going to get caught again, but there's always some hope he'll get help. I really hope he gets help….
 
Author's Notes:
 
Wow. What a departure from my usual style. Anyways, this is mostly a testing the waters type story, to see the reaction to it and to see how well I can write angst. The next chapter is actually intending to be less angsty, if I can pull it off correctly. And special thanks to Far-Fetched Imaginer for beat-ing it.