Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Oh my god Ranma. (side stories.) ❯ How Duo became Death ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

How duo became Death.
 
You guys know the rule so I won't bore you with it now on to the story.
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------0000000000000------------------ ------
 
 
 
Present.
 
 
Duo sat in the dark with a gun in his right hand and a bottle of whiskey in his left.
He took a long gulp from the bottle.
Swallowing the fiery liquid.
He looks at the picture on his desk.
Tears fall as he keeps on drinking.
“Damn why did you have to leave….” Duo whispered.
His face haggard and tear streaked.
Without his other half he was lost.
They were suppose to get married she was suppose to be his wife but she was gone taken away from him.
His sadness turns to anger as he flings the now empty bottle at the wall.
He takes another bottle from the table and starts to drink from it.
Finally he had come to a decision.
He put the bottle down and slowly lifts the gun to his head.
“I'm coming wait for me.” He whispers and starts to pull the trigger.
 
----------------------------------------00000000000000----------- ------------
 
 
4 years ago in the past.
 
Duo looks at his watch and looks around.
His buddy and his wife were sitting at the first rows of seats.
He was damn nervous.
`Damn where is she??' Duo tries to remain calm.
It was his big day.
He had propose to Dorothy a few weeks ago and they were to be married to day after being together for 4 years.
Duo owns a garage cum scrap yard, which specialized in restoring old cars and salvage. Dorothy was his partner.
At first the two were loggerheads with each other but it soon turn to love and soon the two were going on dates and living together.
After Heero and Relena got married he decided to pop the question.
It took some help from the others and he finally got down on his knees and proposed to her on a dinner date with all the other guys and Relena.
Dorothy was crying as she hugs him and kept on saying yes.
Everything went into over drive as they planned for the wedding.
Dorothy had help from the girls while Duo had help from the guys.
Une had also promised an honor guard for the wedding.
Finally the big day comes last minute preparations were made.
Duo, his buddies and guests were all waiting for the arrival of the bride.
Duo looks at Heero and whispers to him.
“You think she got cold feet?”
“No I don't think so maybe there's a traffic jam. Or something I'm sure everything will be all right.”
Suddenly Heero's cell phone goes off he hurries over to the side and answers it.
“Duo come!” Heero shouts and runs off.
Soon they were both in a car and speeding down a road.
“What's going on Heero??” Duo wanted to know holding on for dear life as they sped past other vehicles.
“Dorothy and the girls were involved in an accident. They are all in the hospital. Dorothy is badly hurt.” Heero said as he swerves past a hug truck.
“Oh god no……” Duo held the dashboard tightly his face going pale.
 
 
 
---------------------------------------0000000000000------------- ------------------
Present
 
“Hey Urd mind doing me a favor…” Skuld asks as she walks into her office.
“What is it squirt?” Urd said as she looks through some files.
“Well you see there is going to be a new Death and I'm sort of busy and I can't go.” Skuld said looking at her sister.
“I see but the goddess of the future is supposed to do that not the past.” Urd said looking up at her younger sister.
“Please I'll make it up to you.” Skuld pleads using her puppy eyes attack.
“Ack ok ok enough with the eyes!” Urd said throwing up her hands in defeat.
“Here is his file thanks sis.” Skuld said the runs from the office.
Urd shakes her head and opens the file.
“Hmmm.. Duo Maxwell sound familiar.” Urd taps her chin trying to remember whom this Duo is. She gets up and walks out her office to the teleportation room.
 
------------------------------------000000000000000-------------- -----------
 
 
Past.
 
The car screeches to a stop in front of the hospital.
Duo scrambles out of the car and into the hospital closely followed by Heero.
They spot the girls standing in front of the operating room.
The girls sat in another car following behind the car carrying Dorothy.
They saw the car get ram and all were crying.
Relena hugs Heero crying her dress covered in blood.
The other girls too were also covered in blood.
Une stood there her arms crossed her face pale.
Soon the others arrive Trowa comforts Une who suddenly broke down in his arms sobbing.
Duo looks at the girls he knows that Dorothy is hurt badly.
Duo stood at the door.
Hours pass duo still stood there.
Finally the door opens and out comes the surgeon.
He pulls off his mask his face somber he looks around.
“May I know who is Duo Maxwell.” The surgeon asks.
“I am.” Duo said looking at the surgeon.
“Mr. Maxwell I'm sorry we did everything we could. She's waiting for you. I'm sorry.” The surgeon said. Duo rushes in.
The other doctors and nurses leaves the room.
Dorothy lying on the operating table.
Her face pale.
Duo walks over and gently held her hand.
Dorothy's eyes flutters open.
“Duo…. I'm sorry…” Dorothy weakly said tears falling from her face.
“Shhhh don't speak…. You'll be all right.” Duo said who was crying also.
“Duo don't lie to me I know….” Dorothy said suddenly she starts to struggle for air.
She looks at Duo.
“I….. love……. Youuuuu……” she struggles to say then she breaths her last breath and closes her eyes her hand holding tightly on his hand.
“Dorothy! Dorothy?? No…. no……. nooooooooooooo………….” Duo screams out in anguish holding on to her body crying.
 
---------------------------------000000000000000000-------------- -----------------------
 
 
Present.
 
Duo was drunk and depress he sold his business off and his new house and shifted to a one room apartment.
He was drunk all day and all night his new best friends were Johnny and Jack.
His whole room was littered with empty bottles of various sizes.
Heero and his other buddies tried to talk some sense into him but he was far too gone to give a damn.
He had not talk to them for about 3 years.
He had a big fight with them and disappeared one-day.
Duo sat in the dark room only the light of the streets and the neon sign at the next building.
He was crying again and he was drinking to forget the pain.
He tried drugs but his body's metabolism was just too good and it quickly kills off the high.
He sat there with his gun in his hand and look at it.
He tried many times to kill himself but he did not have the courage but today was different it was the anniversary of his wife's death.
Tears poured from his face as he cried.
He lifts the gun to his head and was about to pull the trigger when the door to the room slams open and a figure in a black cloak and a hood over his head his face showing a bit came in.
In instinct Duo swings the gun around at the intruder and fires a shot into the head.
The figure was taken by surprise and fell dead on the floor blood flowing from the hole in his head.
Then there was a flash of light from the switched off television out came a woman.
Duo looks at her his mouth open in shock.
He still had his gun and he points it at the woman.
“I hate coming out of small screens.” The lady said as she smoothes her hair and clothes and looks around.
“Oh god you killed Death!” The girl said in shock.
“What??!!” Duo drops his gun and faints.
 
 
000000000000000000000000
 
 
“Hey kid wake up!” Duo felt someone slap his face. “…….” Duo opens his eyes to see a woman standing over him.
She was dressed funny and had weird markings on her face.
Duo gropes for his gun but he could find it.
He sits up in terror and backs away.
“What do you want and who are you?”
“My name is Urd and I am the goddess of the past.” Urd said as she hands Duo a card. Duo holds the card in hid hand shaking as he reads it.
“This has to be some sort of sick joke right??” Duo asks his head was still spinning. “Nope usually the post is handed over and the former death goes on to enjoy his retirement. I guess he's not going to enjoy his.” Urd smirks as she taps the body. “Huh…..” Duo was still confused.
“Well now her you go.” Urd snaps her fingers and Duo is now dressed in a black suit and a cape.
“This suit will protect you in any situation just don't let the hood leave your face.” Urd said and points at the body
“Or you'll end up like him.”
Duo found himself sober and alert.
He looks himself in the mirror.
He was looking better his face not haggard as before or bearded.
His hair was all braided up in a ponytail reaching his knees.
“Here you go.” Urd hands him a small box.
“What are these??” Duo asks looking at the gems in the box.
“Oh you wear them. The red on is a universal translator and the clear one help to protect you in any environment. The blue one tells you that you have a case waiting.” Duo looks at them they were earrings snap on earrings.
“Oh yeah here's a book to help you started on the job. It will tell you what you must do and how and the extent of your powers. I see that you are needed…” Urd said as she points at the blue earring which was now flashing.
“……” Duo looks at her and earring.
“Gotta go Bye!” Urd said as she jumps in a mirror close by and disappears.
“What the hell is going on??” Duo stood them the earring still flashing in his hand.
He opens up the book wondering what it would tell him.
On the first page
 
 
Step one put on all the earrings.
 
 
Duo snaps on the earring on his right ear.
He winces as they suddenly fuse with his earlobe.
“ARGGGGGggggg.” He screams in pain clutching his ear.
He looks at the book again.
 
Warning there might be some pain.
 
 
“Now you tell me!” duo walks over to the mirror to take a look.
He lets out a sigh of relief, as there was no blood on his ear and it was still whole.
He runs his finger on them as they glowed.
The blue one pulses stronger and his head is floods with information.
He falls to the floor holding his head.
Soon the pain subsides and he groggily stands up and picks up the book again.
 
Step two hold out your right hand and turn anti clock wise.
 
 
Duo held out his right hand and did as he read suddenly he feels like he was holding on to a door knob.
He turns it, an outline of a door appears as it opens a bright light engulfs him and he disappears.
The door to his apartment suddenly bursts open and several police officers came in.
One walks over to the body and kneels down.
“He's dead. Suicide.” The officer said.
“Right I'll call for forensics.” Another said as he pulls out his radio.
“Lets see who are you.” Another takes up the body's hand and places it on a pad. It beeps as the pad scans the palm.
The officer looks at the pad.
“Duo Maxwell…. Poor smuck.” The officer shakes his head and starts to make some calls.
 
 
 
 
0000000000000000000000000000000
 
Notes: Yes yes this is another weird chapter I apologize. I had the inspiration to write this Fic when I remembered two books I read several years ago. They were a great read funny and interesting. If you are interested they are called “On a pale horse” by Pierce Anthony (I hope I got the spelling correct.) and “Mort” by Terry Practchett. Hope you like them until next time.