Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Yuy Twins: Episode Zero ❯ Operation Meteor ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here is the last chapter. This is detailing Operation Meteor, again how it is portrayed in episode zero. Also, I'm sorry it took a bit longer to get out but I wanted to post the first chapter of the sequel at the same time so once you are done reading this you can go into my profile and read the next part of this series; the Yuy Twins. Hope you enjoy the last chapter.
Disclaimer: None of this is mine.
“Talking over a radio.”
Operation Meteor
00000000000000
Scene 1: The Yuy Twins
000000000
A.C. 195 April 06
On this day the Vice Foreign Minister Darilan and his daughter Relena arrive at the L-1 colony in order to take part in the fifth Colony Summit.
00000000
The crowd surrounding the Vice Foreign Minister and his daughter below was mostly reporters but that didn't mean much to the pair watching from one of the buildings above. Together they pair watched as the man and his daughter greeted people before the smaller of the pair turned to the taller.
“What are we going to do…Aniki?”
The elder one continued to watch the group below them as he thought.
“…”
Flashback
“This may just be your final mission.”
The twins watched Dr. J from where they stood together, the elder partially in front of the younger and the younger clutching his brother's arm.
“The Barton Foundation is planning to assassinate Vice Foreign Minister Darilan for finding out about Operation M.”
The pair exchanged a look before the elder spoke.
“And so?”
Dr. J grinned at his pilots. He hadn't expected for the pair to become as good as they were but they had. He had especially expected the younger to fall behind the older one in his training because he had to be able to adjust to the extra weight he carried due to the Adamantium to be able to get his speed up to what it was before the procedure. But the younger had gone through all of the training he had designed for that purpose and was right up there with his brother in terms of skill.
“You have three choices…One; you can cooperate with the foundation and kill Darilan. Two, you can stop the foundation and protect the Minister. And three, you can simply ignore this mission. Choose any of the above…it is up to you two.”
End Flashback
The older one watched the group for a second longer.
“With your emotions huh…?”
The younger one looked up at him with his deep green eyes, also remembering the words of their late mentor as he stood slightly behind his brother. Looking down at the crowd below, the older one quickly shielded his face and pulled his brother behind him as the Darilan girl looked up towards them. The younger understood immediately and hid his own face against his brother's shoulder.
Once sure that the girl was no longer looking the older turned to look at the assassin they had caught and killed. Feeling his brother slip his small hand into his larger one he nodded.
“We'll leave it be.”
The younger one nodded before the pair turned and headed on their way.
000000000000
Scene 2: Duo Maxwell
“Vernier output down by 40 percent!”
“Our propulsion systems are being targeted!”
Looking slightly over his shoulder Duo caught sight of Professor G out of the corner of his eye.
“What now? We can't out run those military ships!”
When he received no answer Duo turned to look more fully at the old man.
“Hey, old man! I said their catching up to us! We'll be caught at this rate!”
G sighed as he stood.
“Can't be helped. We're abandoning ship.”
Duo furrowed his brows as he watched the old man.
“Huh?”
Stopping for a moment G looked back over his shoulder.
“Duo, come with me…”
Standing from the pilots chair Duo followed after him.
“Where are we going?”
“To Deathscythe.”
Duo's eyes widened.
“Deathscythe?! I thought you said we weren't going to go through with Operation Meteor?”
Professor G frowned, not looking at the young teen.
“There is no other choice. We have to cooperate with the Barton foundation for now.”
Duo's jaw clenched.
“And massacre innocents?”
000000000000
Scene 3: Trowa Barton
Doktor S looked up from his work on his Gundam Heavyarms at the sound of light footsteps. He rose and eyebrow as he caught sight of a young teen with emerald eyes and a fall of bangs he recognized as one of the ones working on Heavyarms as well.
“Hey. Are you the one who did the magnetic coating on the propulsion system?”
The boy nodded silently. Doktor S smiled slightly at the boy.
“That was splendid work. Where did you receive such skills?”
The boy said nothing as he moved past the ageing scientist with the prosthetic nose. Watching the youth go Doktor S shook his head.
“Well he's an odd one.”
Settling in to work on another part of the Heavyarms suit the teen looked up as his `name' was called.
“Hey No-name!”
Looking over his shoulder No-name recognized Trowa Barton but said nothing as the man came up to him and put an arm around his shoulders.
“I'll show you something that no one else has seen.”
The man pulled out a picture and showed it to the silent No-name.
“She's Mariemeia, my elder sister's daughter.”
No-name said nothing.
“We thought she had died with my sister in X18999, but we found her. She's going to be the leader of earth after we conquer it.”
Again No-name said nothing as he looked at the picture in his hand.
000000000000
Scene 4: Quatre Raberba Winner
“This house thinks we don't need mobile suits.”
Raberba Winner turned from the window to face the other man.
“We are trying to reach a solution with the Earth Sphere Military through peace talks. People have finally been able to live peacefully in space; there's no way we can hold a war.”
Raberba Winner frowned.
“Don't you think this is pointless?”
Instructor H nodded.
“You're absolutely right. If only all the people in the Earth Sphere were like you; I could do without having to make weapons.”
Instructor H nodded once more to the man before making his way out of the office. Making his way down the extravagant hall of the Winner house he shook his head.
“Please wait!”
H paused.
“What is it?”
Quatre moved away from the wall he had been standing against.
“There's a resource satellite that has just recently been abandoned. It should be safe to carry on your research there without being caught by either OZ or the Alliance.”
Instructor H didn't turn around as he contemplated this as well as the boy who was giving him the information.
“Why are you telling me this?”
Quatre sighed and closed his eyes; he could feel the curiosity coming the man in front of him.
“Because if someone doesn't fight, this war will never end. That's what I think. My father believes peace talks will solve everything. But I think that as long as people want weapons, want to fight; then there will be fighting.”
Instructor H turned back to look at the blonde.
“And because you want to become someone with pride?”
He remembered the Maganacs and the boy quite well. Now to see if the boy could do it.
“If you think I can do it.”
Instructor H simply watched him for a moment. Quatre looked up with determination.
“I…Want to have pride in myself.”
Instructor H smiled.
“Since that time…the gleam in your eyes hasn't changed.”
Quatre simply looked back at him.
“Please show me the way.”
“Yes.”
0000000000000000
Scene 5: Chang Wufei
“Master O I'll ask once more…for what purpose did you build Nataku?”
O watched the young man before him. Wufei had become angry and had taken his late wife's ideals with vigor.
“Because we're dropping this colony on the earth.”
In anger, Wufei grabbed Master O's lab coat. The fire starting at his feet this time.
“Did you really think I'd go along with this?!”
“The elder is already aware of Operation Meteor.”
O was aware of the flames surrounding his pilot's feet but chose to ignore them for the moment.
Wufei's eyes widened.
“It can't be…I won't let you use my Nataku for that purpose.”
O sighed as he looked down into his pilot's eyes.
“Wufei…that isn't Nataku…it's name is Shenlong. You need to let go of Nataku's memory, forget about her.”
Wufei's eyes widened and the flames around his feet roared higher as he struck O with a hard fist to the stomach.
“Forget her?! Say that again!”
O said nothing.
“I no longer consider you my mentor…I will fight with Nataku alone.”
00000000000
Scene 6: The Choice
As snow began to fall on the colonies the twins stood together in front of a pile of stones; beneath which was the body of a little dog. A dog that had once belonged to a little girl the pair had once met. And killed in a freak accident on a mission only days later. Between them, each boy clutching one arm, was the bear they had found in what had been left of the little girls room.
“This is one time…I wish we could kill ourselves, Aniki.”
The older one nodded. They hadn't meant to kill the little girl. She had given them flowers and had been nice to them. They simply weren't used to that kind of attention from anyone but each other.
“Your mission…”
The pair looked over their shoulder at Dr. J.
“I've decided to go through with operation meteor.”
They said nothing.
“You both have three choices…One, go pilot the Gundams and cause a mass murder. Another, kill me and flee somewhere. The last is…”
The twins stared him down as the younger spoke, his voice soft.
“Is…?”
J frowned as he though back.
Flashback
“Doctor look at this.”
J turned and took the flight suits from the other mans hands.
“Self destruct devices?”
“They are linked to the Gundams Self destruct mechanisms. These are their suits sir.”
J frowned.
“What are those brats thinking?”
“Sir?”
J shook his head.
“Never mind; modify the priming frequencies on the Gundams. That way…the astrosuits will misfire as well.”
End Flashback
“Is…for you to discover.”
They never even had to consult each other.
“Hn…Okay.”
“Very well.”
0000000000000
Scene 7: The Shenlong Gundam
“Oz and the Alliance have already condemned this colony. It would more use to use it in Operation M than go out quietly.”
Wufei scowled.
“Everything will be fine as long as we defeat our enemies.”
“Wufei wait!”
Wufei turned and looked back at the elder.
“Take this with you.”
Wufei frowned.
“What is it?”
The elder opened the box.
“This is the `Altron' passed down from generation to generation in our clan. If you sell it, you should be able to get enough ammo to last you for a while.”
Wufei stared down at the heirloom in shock before taking it and bowing.
“Thank you Master.”
Looking up at his Gundam a while later Wufei stood strong.
“Let's go Nataku…we must finish this battle quickly.”
Five.
000000000
Scene 8: Sandrock Gundam
“Quatre… Fight as you see fit. And use the self destruct device only when you feel you have to.”
Quatre nodded as he settled himself into the finished Sandrock Gundam. Settling his helmet on his head Quatre moved his hands easily over the controls.
“This is Quatre. I'm sending a periodic mail.”
Quatre smiled.
“I am finally coming to earth. My touchdown point is LTA-8045. I eagerly await the time when I am finally reunited with the Maganac Corp.”
Reaching out Quatre ended the transmition.
“That is all.”
Sighing, he relaxed back into his seat as he waited.
“I wonder how everyone is doing.”
“Quatre. We're going to slingshot you out.”
Opening his eyes Quatre grabbed the controls in a firm grip.
“Rodger.”
Up in his office Raberba Winner picked up the note left by his son.
War brings sorrow…But we must fight to protect our loved ones from that sorrow…
“Quatre!”
“I knew he didn't hold much respect for me but to go this far?”
And already on his way to Earth, Quatre firmed his resolve.
Four.
00000000000000
Scene 9: Heavyarms Gundam
“Very well then; from now on your name will be Trowa Barton.”
Doktor S sighed as he looked over the newly named Trowa. At least this pilot had the skills to not only pilot Heavyarms but repair it as well.
“I leave Operation M in your hands.”
Situated in his new mobile suit; the newly named Trowa set his sights to earth.
“Looked like I'm going back to earth after all.”
“This is the special forces unit under the direct control of the Barton Foundation. We have been ordered to assist in Operation M.”
Trowa stared at the screen then to the ships outside.
“Huh? Who are you?”
Again Trowa said nothing, taking firm control of his machine and quickly and efficiently destroying the ships as he had during his mercenary years. Saying nothing Trowa simply sent off a message.
Operation M, proceeding with mission. Treasonous acts engaged… Ships exterminated. Furthermore, Operation M is a failure. As it stands will land on earth.
Battle Record: 00
Recorder: Trowa Barton
Three.
00000000000000
Scene 10: Deathscythe Gundam
“Duo…steal the Deathscythe. Go to earth without proceeding with Operation Meteor.”
Duo smirked as he settled back into the confines of his beloved Deathscythe.
“Heh. Easier to tell them it was stolen.
G appeared on the screen in front of the teen.
“Congratulations Duo…With this Deathscythe is yours.”
Duo smirked.
“I ain't sayin any thanks.”
“Now to give you your mission…”
Duo made a face at the screen.
“Huh?”
“You are to destroy the main motor of an OZ weaponry factory in North America. I'll be uploading accurate maps and an attack route now.”
Duo huffed, watching the screen with a shrewd eye.
“And my reward?”
G smirked behind his hair as he answered.
“None. There is no idiot who would reward death.”
Duo grit his teeth and scowled at the old man on screen.
“Crap. If I'm death then your Pestilence.”
“Hehe…”
Duo shook his head in exasperation but stopped as G started talking again.
“Your target is OZ. Don't worry about the colony's. Destroy them first, that is your responsibility.”
Duo grinned a rather dangerous grin.
“Gotcha. Better to die than be taken over by OZ.”
Two.
0000000000000000000
Scene 11: Wing Gundam and Destiny Gundam
“Operation Meteor…At last…”
Situated in their Gundams both teens made any and all necessary adjustments to the system.
“Since Darilans assassination was a failure, the military HQ now knows of the operation plans.”
Both teens nodded as they watched Dr. J from inside their suits.
“But in reality the mission will be different. This is the mission the pair of you chose. However, you risk your lives going through with it.”
Both teens merely blinked at him before they responded in unison.
“Don't worry…Life is cheap…especially mine.”
They cared only for and about each other…who else was there? J sighed.
“Contacts regarding targets may come at any time.”
They both nodded.
“Rodger.”
This was what they had been trained for and this was what they would do.
“Engage in the missions as quickly as possible.”
“Rodger.”
J grinned as he observed the pair and their mobile suits. He had designed both suits to look almost exactly the same; confuse the enemy and give a slight advantage to the boys. Both machines could move into `bird mode' allowing for atmospheric entry and for atmospheric flight. One of the differences in the suits had to do with the weaponry on board. The elder one favored his buster rifle and the beam saber located in his Gundams shield as well as the shoulder mounted machine cannons.
The younger one preferred to use not only the beam saber located in his Gundams shield, but also the combat knives stored in the hip armor of his Gundam and the large `anti-ship' sword mounted on his Gundams back. He too had shoulder mounted machine cannons and would use them but he preferred close range combat to his brother's long range.
When in bird mode the sword and the buster rifle became the `nose' of the plane. J shook his head as he thought about the colors of the machines. He had allowed the pair to work on the machines themselves since they would be piloting the things and if they didn't like it he knew they would simply undo all his work later…easier to give it to them now. He hadn't expected for them to switch off when it came to the paint jobs though.
When asked they had calmly and efficiently explained that while it would be confusing to their enemies should they look exactly the same, it might be even more confusing to have a few rather subtle differences. Therefore they had chosen colors that were only slightly different from each other.
The elder one had major color of white while the chest plate was blue. The shield was red and white and the wings were a mix of red white and gold. On the chest of the Gundam the elder one had called Wing was a round emerald like sphere.
The younger one had his mobile suit only slightly different. The only real difference in color was in the chest plate area where the colors were switched. Leaving the sphere as a sapphire like sphere and the chest plate itself green. This Gundam had been named Destiny by its pilot. And looking at the pair now J agreed with them. It would be more confusing for their enemies if they weren't sure if there was one or two because of the slight differences.
Shaking himself out of his thoughts J turned his attention back to his waiting pilots.
“Now then, we need to decide on code names for you.”
Neither said a word as J turned to the youngest one, locking his eyes with the determined emerald orbs of the black haired boy.
“You I have decided to call Zeo Yuy.”
The newly named Zeo nodded.
Turning to the older one he paused, it had been a hard decision, but he had watched this pair since he had found them and he knew what he wanted this one to be called.
“I have decided to name you after our slain leader…got that? Your name is now Heero Yuy.”
Both teens nodded.
“Rodger that.”
J nodded.
“Now then, one last thing. You will both meet up at the same point but will be going separately.”
J saw them stiffen and shook his head.
“It is a precaution. Heero, you are to go directly to Eastern Eurasia. Zeo, you are to descend in the shadow of an old satellite that the Alliance has set to reach its final destination in the same area as Heero will be landing. You will be unnoticed there.”
The pair still looked tense but nodded their heads in acceptance before voicing it themselves.
“Mission Accepted.”
One. Zero.
Operation Meteor had begun. Six pilots and six machines. But only five `shooting stars' would be seen.
0000000000000
To Be Continued in Episode 1 of `The Yuy Twins'
A/N: Alright! It's done now and the next part is to begin. The war is only just beginning. And with mutant powers to add onto the stress of the six boys…things are about to become a whole lot more difficult.