Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Yuy Twins: Episode Zero ❯ Chang Wufei ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I just want to thank Feramore for pointing out a mistake on my part when it came to the pilot designations of the twins. So rather than them being pilots 01 and 06 they will now be 00 and 01. Hope everyone enjoys this chapter and waits eagerly for the next one.
Disclaimer: None of this is mine.
“Speaking over a radio.”
Chang Wufei
A.C. 194-L5 colony A0206
Due to long standing tradition, the heirs to the Dragon clan are required to marry at the age of fourteen. Meiran, the daughter of the clan elder Ron Shirin, was engaged to marry Chang Wufei. Meiran prided herself on being the strongest of her clan. And therefore dubbed herself, Nataku.
000000000
“You…you're that scholar boy.”
Standing in the traditional marriage attire Chang Wufei stared down the girl who was to be his wife.
“You are dissatisfied?”
Meiran frowned at the boy who was to be her husband.
“A person like you has no right to carry on the line of our proud clan.”
Wufei closed his eyes and began removing the traditional garb.
“Oh? Well this certainly wasn't my idea. Do as you please!”
The elder who had been reigning over the ceremony moved after him as Wufei made his way out of the temple.
“Wufei!”
0000000000000
Once, the Dragon clan had been famed throughout all of Eurasia as the strongest fighting group. But eventually there came a time when those in power feared them and forced them off their homeland of China and onto the aging colony A0206 which had been built almost 170 years ago.
000000000000
“Wufei!”
Wufei looked up from his book and adjusted his glasses as he gazed at the girl who was his wife.
“You call yourself a man? I thought after becoming my husband you would change a little but I guess I was wrong.”
Wufei said nothing and simply turned back to his book, flipping the page calmly.
“Why don't you practice like the others do?”
Finally looking up, Wufei fixed his stern gaze on his wife.
“Why do you fight?”
Meiran answered without hesitation.
“For Justice.”
Wufei sneered and closed his book with a snap.
“Justice? You really think there is such a thing?”
Meiran smirked as she moved into a fighting stance. She was confident in her victory. After all, she was Nataku; she was the best of their clan. Wufei pulled off his glasses and got to his feet.
“Go ahead…”
As the colony began to rain the pair began their fight. The pair lashed out at each other. Kicks and punches were exchanges and eventually Wufei began to push Meiran back. With one last kick Wufei sent the self proclaimed Nataku to the ground.
“Thi-this can't be. How could...I lose? I am the strongest of our clan.”
Placing his glasses back on and throwing his loose black hair over his shoulder Wufei stared down at his wife kneeling pathetically on the ground.
“Nataku? You've got a lot of nerve calling yourself that.”
Turning Wufei walked away.
“There is no justice…only individual circumstance… A fight based on such a thing is stupid.”
“Why anyone would fight for something that can be interpreted different from person to person is beyond me. What may be justice to one person is injustice to someone else.”
“I-I know that…even so… I wish to fight.”
Looking up with tears mingling with the rain falling down her cheeks.
“That is the way of our people!”
Wufei said nothing as he continued to walk away.
“Yes; it is the way of our people. …But look what ours ways brought us. We were chased from our homeland and sent out to a dying colony because our ways could no longer be understood by those around us.”
0000000000000
“So you think you won?”
“I did win! There is no justice in this world.”
Master O frowned as he continued with his work.
“Are you sure? You haven't changed Meiran's way of thinking. All you've done is force your own conclusions on her.”
Master O knew the stubbornness of the pair, having to deal with them more often than not. Meiran was the one the clan had chosen to pilot the mobile he was building. But Master O wasn't sure she would be able to do it. She was too set in her ways and if the other scientists managed to create their own Gundams, then there may be a need for the pilots to work together. Meiran would be unable to do that, she was too stubborn to listen to anyone else. She wouldn't even listen to her own husband; she would never listen to anyone else…especially when it came to fighting.
“You don't even…do anything with your strength. With your strength and abilities you could change the course of history.”
Wufei scowled from his place on the stairs looking up at the Gundam and the old Leo Prototype suit.
“That has nothing to do with me. And besides…no one can change the course of history.”
Master O sighed.
“True. But are you just going to sit around and watch as history plays around with people and their happiness?”
Wufei scoffed as he turned back from heading up the stairs.
“Is that why you built these pieces of junk?”
A flash from his hands caught Wufei's attention, causing him to look down at them. His eyes widened in panic as he took in the flames surrounding his hands. He couldn't feel anything, it didn't hurt but…
Shaking his head, Master O turned and watched the young man climb the stairs for a moment.
“Hey Wufei! These `pieces of junk' need names. Can you think of any?”
Turning his attention from his hands and trying to get out of sight Wufei turned his head.
“Shenlong…That Nataku is too weak to protect the Dragon clan.”
000000000000000000000
Sitting in his room Wufei stared at his fireless hands.
“I know there was fire around my hands. It didn't hurt but I know it was there.”
Turning his hands over Wufei shook his head and turned his attention back to what Master O had said.
“No one can truly affect history, no matter what they do. So why is Master O so insistent that someone can?”
With a frustrated and angry sigh Wufei situated himself back against his bed and turned his thoughts to his wife. She was stubborn and frustrated him. She was too presumptuous and took the name Nataku as the `best' fighter. But even the best could be defeated. Something she did not wish to see. It was a recorded thing. All throughout history those who were strong had been defeated in one way or another…be it by death or by an opponent. But his wife…couldn't or wouldn't see that.
Wufei's eyes widened as smoke filled his vision and the smell of something burning reached his nose. Looking behind him Wufei jumped to his feet, looking from his fire covered hands and arms to his flaming bed.
“Shimatta!”
00000000000000
Alarms blared throughout the colony and people ran to and fro in panic. They knew the danger should they be attacked. They were an old colony and had nothing with which to defend themselves with. Wufei ran from his slightly charred room and out into the streets. Catching sight of the back of his wife's shirt through the crowd Wufei growled and took off after her. The foolish girl would get herself killed.
00000000000000
Master O looked up in surprise as he heard one of the doors of the mobile suits opening. Hurrying out his eyes widened slightly as he caught sight of the girl entering the Leo prototype.
“Stop! That's not something a woman can pilot!”
Meiran looked back.
“Then I am not a woman; I am Nataku!”
Entering the mobile suit Meiran made her way quickly out to confront the invading mobile suits. Combat began in the field of flowers within which she had fought Wufei. Looking around her she frowned.
“The flowers are dying. I have to take this fight outside.”
Running into the field as Meiran fired up her thrusters Wufei yelled; ignoring the flames that surrounded his hands.
“Stop! You don't have the strength to pilot that! Come back! Meiran!!”
Meiran frowned.
“Don't order me around! This is a fight for justice!”
“I am Nataku. I will fight no matter what anyone says.”
Shooting up into the atmosphere Meiran left Wufei making a run for Master O's place.
“Stupid woman!”
“How does she think she can uphold justice when she doesn't have any strength? She will be killed and then what?”
Continuing to run he tried his best to ignore the flames still residing on his hands. Outside though, Meiran coughed up blood but continued to face her opponents.
“Come on, fight me!”
And the attacking mobile suits fired on her.
00000000
Master O felt his eyes widen again as Wufei came running past him. He saw the burning hands and the fact that the boy didn't seemed bothered by it at all. Shaking himself slightly he followed the boys path.
“Wait! Shenlong isn't finished yet.”
“It doesn't matter; I'm not fighting for justice.”
Master O stilled.
“Then why are you going?”
Wufei scowled.
“I am not such a coward that I will stand by while my wife is killed.”
Shooting out of the colony Wufei took a moment to take in the situation around him. Mobile suits on the colony surface caught his attention and his eyes widened, even as the fire spread up his arms.
“That's…Germ Warfare. OZ and the Alliance would really go this far?”
“BASTARDS!!”
Attacking with anger Wufei took out the ones who threatened his home.
00000000000
“…I…I won't lose…not to these people.”
Gasping for air with blood coming from her mouth Meiran observed her targets before an approaching signal caught her attention. Wufei moved in and began taking out the targets quickly and efficiently.
“Wu…fei.”
Wufei scowled over his shoulder, blocking video footage as the flames continued to spread over his body in his anger and frustration.
“Leave this to me.”
Meiran frowned.
“Wufei!”
Wufei scowled as he took out another mobile suit.
“Hurry up and get the hell out of here! A wife should listen to her husband.”
“…yes…”
Turning his attention to the lasts of the suits he moved in.
“Take this.”
“Uh…I won't let Mr. Trieze's name be put to shame in such a place.”
Wufei frowned.
“Trieze…Is that who's behind all this?”
Lifting up the beam weapon he had been using Wufei aimed it at the now incoming mobile suit.
“It's out of power!”
Movement from the corner of his eyes had him turning.
“Meiran!”
Slamming into the OZ mobile suit both the Leo Prototype and the OZ mobile suit were destroyed. Moving in quickly, Wufei searched and gently pulled the form of his wife from the floating debris.
“Meiran… Hang on!”
“No…I am Nata…ku”
Wufei nodded as the flames began to disappear from his body.
“Yeah, I won't call you Meiran anymore.”
“You…could praise me a little…I protected that field of flowers.”
Wufei frowned in his mobile suit as he directed them back towards the colony.
“…Idiot…”
Meiran smiled as her damaged body lay in the hand of the Shenlong.
“So please…take me there…to that field of flowers.”
0000000000
Carrying his wife bridal style Wufei stood within the field of flowers. Meiran smiled.
“So beautiful…I've never appreciated beauty such as this.”
Moving further into the field of flowers Wufei gently set his wife down and kneeled beside her.
“Wufei…”
“Hm?”
“I was strong wasn't I? You weren't ashamed of me as your wife were you?”
Wufei closed his eyes as he answered. This was difficult. He said he didn't believe in justice and that his wife was foolish in her beliefs. But in the end…she had been the stronger one of the two of them.
“Yeah, you're strong…much stronger than anyone.”
Meiran leaned against her husband's side.
“No, you are stronger…”
Wufei frowned.
“Hey get off me!”
His eyes widened as he received no answer. Turning quickly he grasped his wife's shoulders.
“Hey… Hey open your eyes! I haven't proven myself worthy of being your husband… NATAKU!!!”
In death she smiled, accepted by her husband as who she truly was. And as the fire burned from within her husband to cover his body in flames, nothing was touched by it. Not her…or the flowers she had fought so hard to protect.
00000000000000
Wufei stood in front of the grave of his wife. Had he failed? He hadn't protected her but had he failed? He wasn't sure.
“Wufei.”
He never turned around or acknowledged the presence of the others.
“No one will stop you…go back to your studies.”
“No…I will live for justice.”
“For my wife's…Nataku's…ideals.”
Master O stepped forward.
“You'll pilot the Shenlong?”
Wufei frowned down at his once again burning hands and then back at the grave.
“It's Nataku… My wife died protecting that suit so her spirit lives on in it.”
Looking up, the fire in his hands reflected in his eyes.
“I…I will change these times. Watch me Nataku!”
“I will bring justice…I will fight for you and your ideals.”
Master O and the elder nodded as they watched the young man before Master O sighed.
“Best add extra fire proofing to the cockpit.”
00000000000
A/N: WOW!! That was the hardest chapter to write so far. I thought Trowa was hard but this one was worse. Oh well. I'm going to try to get the last part out soon and begin on the sequel which will have to do with the actual war. Please read and review until then.