Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors of an Amiercan Gundam Pilot ❯ Round One ( Chapter 47 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in here, except my own character. Everything and everyone else is owned by their respected owners.

To see the whole entire fanfiction series, visit www.gundamwing-gofightwin.web1000.com. (Note that this fanfic series won't be on the page, but all of the rest of the fanfics will be there, from the original Gundam Wing - Go, Fight, Win to the recently written Preventer's Core. Plus, you'll find side stories, songfics, and a bio of all the characters.)

Chapter Forty-six: Round One

It was about an hour later since the visit. All of us where in the room discussing the Gundams & Amy and me where planning to get ready for our events when we received a phone call. Coach Debbie, who had entered the room, was the first one to pick it up.

"Hello? ...Oh yes, we know about the schedule, Amy and Matthew are headed down soon…WHAT? OK! WE'LL BE DOWN THERE AS SOON AS WE CAN!!!" she said to the person on the phone.

Then she broke the news to us. "Get up now! We have to leave here now! There's been a change in schedule, and now all of your games start at noon," she said to us.

We all ready quickly and we left in separate vans to our events.

Now, it was about 11:30, 30 minutes before my match, and I was in my private room mediating, listening to Talib Kweil & Hi Tek's "Reflection Eternal" CD in the background and slowly going through my mind which moves I would use against the fighter from South Korea. Then I heard a knock at the door, and I cracked one of my eyes open as I turned down the music and said, "Come in." Master Ching came in and sat across from me.

"We have some troubling news," he said calmly.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We can't find Mariemaia," he said as he headed towards the door. "Be prepared for anything Matthew-san."

'Oh great, I now feel like the Raiders after their center didn't show up for the Super Bowl. I can't let this distract me, I don't want to end up losing,' I thought to myself.

It was around 11:45, and it was time for me to make my entrance. I reached the tunnel opening that lead to the inner part of the stadium. I was stretching when the South Korean fighter made his entrance, made a bow to each side, and the cheer went wild. The video screen showed some K1 tournament that got him here. Then I walked out and Young Bloodz "Damn!" started to play.

"Matthew Miranda! Dragon Fists of Fury for the United States of America!" the announcer said as I started to jog into the middle of the arena. I caught a glimpse of Relena catching the lower seats and Charlie not that far stalking his prey.

'Alright, it looks like we got ourselves a full house. Let's give them a show,' I thought to myself.

Before I knew it, the match had started; we where in a stalemate until I got him under the legs, then I just went off on him. I was a little battered, and now I just put a good bruise on him, even though we was very good. Then the stalemate went on; both of us we circle around each other playing a game of chicken until I decided to play and roundhouse kicked him out of the ring, which was a TKO. I wiped off my bloody lip, helped the North Korean to his feet, and we both bowed to show our respect. The crowd cheered, and I saw a tearful Relena but no Charlie.

"Matthew!" Master Ching called from the mat. I went over and we both left the arena where a car was waiting to escort me back. I took this opportunity to get some sleep while I waited to get to my destination.

'I hope Niki has some herbs for these good bruises,' I said to myself.

Not bad for my first match…