Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Red and Blue Makes Purple ❯ Death and Rebirth ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I know I shouldn't be starting another fic at this point, but I couldn't help it. I was stranded in a Miami condo watching my Imouto reenact the Uchiha massacre while reading Gundam Wing fics when this little demon popped into my mind. It had me be the throat and was threatening to take away my coffee, I swear. Well, since it's here, I hope you enjoy this new brain-spawn of mine. I own neither Gundam Wing nor Naruto, because if I did, you know that all of the characters would be happy nymphomaniacs by now. Read and review!

"Red and Blue Makes Purple"

Chapter One

Death and Rebirth

Chidori!”

Rasengan!”

There was a mighty boom as the two attacks met, and a pause as though the world held its breath before they began to push against each other, one sphere of chakra trying to defeat the other as much as their wielders were. Two pairs of red eyes stared at each other from the transformed faces of Sasuke and Naruto, neither willing to yield.

/Kyuubi, I need more chakra!/ the blond called frantically to his demonic tenant. He could feel himself slipping.

The voice that replied sounded just as frightened as he was. /I’ve given you as much as you can handle! Any more and it’ll kill us./

Naruto’s heart beat sped faster as the chidori moved closer. /So will that! I’m willing to chance it./

/Remove the seal./

Inside the corridors of his mind, he stared up at the fox with eyes wide. “What? I can’t-”

Kyuubi growled. “It’s our only chance. Remove it!”

Steeling himself, Naruto reached up. At the same moment his fingers reached paper, his rasengan flickered and died, meaning that two more things happened at once. The fox demon surged from his cage to surround him in fur and power, and Sasuke’s chidori hit and went through his chest.

The Uchiha froze, unbelieving, as Naruto spasmed, impaled on his hand. His cursed form bled away unattended. What had he done?

The force of the impact sent both of them back to the ledge the blond had leapt from, Sasuke unable to pull away as he held himself above his former comrade.

“Kami-sama, what have I done?” he whispered in horror, finally tearing his hand out of Naruto’s chest and pressing both over the gaping wound in a vain attempt to stop the bleeding. “Naruto! Naruto! Open your eyes, damn it!”

Amazingly, Naruto complied, but the eyes that Sasuke saw were neither the bright blue of the loud ninja or the slit red of his trapped demon, but a combination of the two in specks of each color swirling around as though trying to take over.

As the two colors began to blend, Naruto weakly raised a hand to touch Sasuke’s cheek, tears running down both of theirs. “Sa- Sasuke…”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Sasuke said, babbling apologies for the first time in his life. “Don’t go, please. Live and I’ll come back, I promise. Just don’t die.”

But Naruto only smiled, his eyes completely violet. Then he began to glow.

Some unknown force started to pull Naruto away from him, and Sasuke only allowed himself a moment of shock before he was grabbing onto his closest friend, trying to keep it from taking him. “You can’t have him!”

Kakashi broke through the trees in time to see Sasuke thrown back from a massive concentration of chakra, so thick in the air that he couldn’t see who or what was generating it.

Shaking off the shock of impact, Sasuke charged again, this time having to run up the cliff wall and leap, for the glowing mass had risen into the air, clearly intent on flying away.

“Sasuke, where’s Naruto?” Kakashi shouted in worry.

The boy’s eyes were panicked as he turned his head to see their sensei even as he grasped the shape of a hand within the chakra sphere and hung onto it even as he left the ground. “Kakashi! Help me! It’s trying to take him!”

That was Naruto? But even as he began to run to them, the chakra and the light it produced began to fade. Sasuke cried out in horror as he felt Naruto’s hand dissolve from his grip. At the last second, a cold rectangle was pressed into his hand. Soon, the sphere was gone and it had taken Naruto with it.

Sasuke dropped into the water with a splash before he could think enough to climb onto the surface. Kakashi stopped several feet away, where he stood in silence. Swallowing, the Uchiha heir looked down at his hand. Pale and bloody fingers were clenched around Naruto’s hitai-ate. (1)

“I’ll go to Oto and become stronger,” Sasuke said, not moving his gaze. “Then, I’ll return. Tell Sakura and the others that I’m sorry.”

There was nothing for Kakashi to do other than nod as he watched his student leave. What he didn’t know was that Sasuke had a reason to return. The eyes he’d seen reflected in the engraved plate had only possessed three tomoe. He didn’t have the madara. Naruto was alive.

Shinigami watched, silent and invisible, until both shinobi had left. Two souls sat in his hands, unaware of what was happening as they slowly merged. Before the process was complete, he carried them across the worlds, moving into the skies above a blue world already in the midst of war.

The fourth hokage hadn’t known just how powerful a deal he’d struck with the death god. Shinigami had promised to seal and contain the demon. That meant that the container had to live. In the split second before they’d completely merged, the kami joined them, sealing their three souls together into one being.

When an infant’s cry rose up from the back alleys of L2, the only person to look up and investigate was a blond street urchin by the name of Solo. Golden eyes ran a quick search of the area before grabbing the violet eyed baby and running for his gang’s hiding place. No one deserved to be abandoned like that.

-

Seventeen years later, seventeen year old Preventer agent Duo Maxwell passed the last few minutes before shift end by throwing pens at the target he’d taped onto the bulletin board. With a few exceptions, they all clustered in the center.

The door opened and Wufei stuck his head in. “Maxwell, Une needs to see you.”

“Aw man, she only ever wants to see me when she’s got something for me to do,” Duo groaned, tossing a last pen before pushing back from his desk. “I’m supposed to be going on vacation tomorrow.”

Wufei snorted. “Just get going. You’ll be on your vacation soon enough.”

Blowing his comrade a raspberry, Duo skipped from the room and down the hall to the elevator. Within a few minutes, the meeting was over and the pilot was feeling a great sense of relief. No mission, just a request to keep an eye out for anything suspicious around the mountain lodge he’d borrowed for the weekend.

“Vacation, here I come!”

--

1. Forehead protector