Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Red and Blue Makes Purple ❯ Kyuubi ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey, new chapter’s finished. Yay for me. Yay for you too, I suppose, since you lovely people get to read the result of my genius work (yes, I’m that humble). Meh, I spent way too much time wading through my business text book this evening. Someone needs to teach the writers English. My teacher too. There are dozens of typos on her handouts. Anyways, ranting about school aside, I hope you enjoy my newest chapter, new and old faces among the reviewers alike. I don’t own nothing (think the lawyers will notice the double negative?), so don’t sue me. All you’d get is a handful of cats, one of which smells funny and gets hand fed, and a bunch of weird fabric. Read and review!

“Red and Blue Makes Purple”

Chapter Six

Kyuubi

Uchiha Sasuke was perfectly content to sit back and let Sakura give their mission report to Tsunade, staying well out of range. With how tense their hokage appeared, Kakashi had taken a single glance before announcing that he had to go feed his nin dogs, no matter the fact that they only hung around when they were summoned.

“So they should be sending the payment within the week,” the kunochi concluded, handing over the written report.

Glancing over it in approval, Tsunade was about to dismiss them when Kiba ran into the office in a near panic, dodging the ANBU guards that tried to stop him. “Hokage-sama, the Kyuubi’s returned, and it’s just outside the village. There was a blond boy with it, but I couldn’t get a good look at him.”

“But the Kyuubi died with Naruto,” Sakura protested. Upon his return to Konoha, Sasuke had old her about the creature he’d fought, and then they’d confronted Kakashi about it for the whole story. “How can it be attacking again?”

“We’re shouldn’t assume anything concerning the Kyuubi,” Tsunade said gravely, standing up from her desk. “Kiba, find Jiraiya. Sakura, with me. Sasuke, front lines. No mater how the beast got free, the safety of our village had to be our first priority. Go.”

The two men ‘poofed’ out of the room, Kiba heading to the bath house while Sasuke headed straight for the city walls. He could already see the fox demon rising high above the trees, fending off comparably small things, which he knew to be his fellow shinobi, with its tails. As Sasuke made to summon Manda, he could have almost sworn that he could make out a man sitting there, trying to hold on as the fox danced around his attackers.

Twin explosions to either side of him told Sasuke that Jiraiya and Tsunade had called their own allies. Too bad his snake was faster.

If possible, Kyuubi seemed to double take when it saw the three summon animals charging it. The fox took a quick glance down to its feet before taking a calculated step forward. Following the red glance, Sasuke jumped upon seeing the blond man Kiba had described standing just behind the massive front paws. It seemed impossible, but who else would the Kyuubi protect other than their long missing team member/.

There was a puff of smoke next to him as Sakura appeared, having teleported from Tsunade’s side on their shared summon. “It’s not attacking anyone.”

What? Sasuke watched the demon’s movements carefully. It was true. Despite even being attacked, the legendarily blood thirsty Kyuubi was not attacking any of the shinobi surrounding it. And its defense wasn’t all that destructive either.

“Tell Tsunade that I’ll meet it first,” he said, urging the snake forward. “Wait for my signal before you attack.”

“But Tsunade and Jiraiya have more experience,” his teammate protested. “You could be killed!”

“I fought his power last,” the Uchiha countered. “So let’s see if it remembers me.”

It was with misgivings that Sakura went along with Sasuke’s plan. There was no other choice, really. Both of her teammates were stubborn as mules. Especially when it came to fights.

Sasuke wasn’t quite sure what to expect when he found Manda nose to nose with the Kyuubi. The fact that it didn’t try to kill him right away was probably a good sign.

Inwardly, Duo was freaking. First there was the portal thingy, because that’s just what it had to of been. Then there was dog-boy up about fifty, sixty feet in a tree, who proceeded to bounce around aid tree-tops like a flying squirrel. And, apparently, he had more squirrel-type friends who had sharp things and things that went boom, and they were throwing them at him!

Next, to add to the freakiness of the day, there more giant animals appear out of nowhere with people on their heads. And the toad was wearing a kimono and smoking a pipe! At least the snake, who was just a little too close for comfort, wasn’t attacking him yet, and no one had went for Quatre in his unprotected position on the ground.

Breath, Duo, he ordered himself, attempting to calm down enough to focus on the guy riding the snake. Black hair, styled in a way that kind of reminded the shinigami of a duck butt. Looked strangely good on him. Eyes… red? Had to be a trick of the light. Then again, weirder things had happened, and there was something familiar about him. (1)

“Who are you, and how do you control the Kyuubi??” the man called out, clearly addressing Trowa. Japanese. They could do Japanese. And ‘nine-tails’ seemed a fitting name.

“My name is of no concern, and I do not control him,” Trowa said, standing with his arms crossed over his chest. “And manners usually dictate that you introduce yourself before demanding names.”

En lieu of watching snake-boy turn funny colors or start to breath fire (he’s seen one guy control shadows, so it wasn’t that much of a stretch), he brought around one of his oddly dexterous tails to gently pick Quatre up from the ground, where he was in danger of being stepped on, and released him onto his back.

The movement clearly convince snake-boy of something, because he stopped swearing and let out a Heero-copywrite ‘hn.’ “Uchiha Sasuke.”

Trowa smirked minutely at his victory, an expression unseen by anyone other than Sasuke. “Barton Trowa.” Hearing activity behind him, the clown went to help Quatre back up to their ‘platform,’ the blond immediately drawing the gaze of every single shinobi close enough to notice. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” the empath said, staring back at Sasuke in confusion. “Is there something wrong with my face?”

Sasuke, Sasuke, where do I know that name from? Duo pondered, moving closer to get a better look at the pale face that was apparently staring at Quatre. Feh. As though he could tell.

A little unnerved by the fox’s proximity, Sasuke started to step back when a low growl stopped him. Laying a calming hand on Manda’s head, he directly met the gaze of the Kyuubi. The vulpine face seemed confused as he stared down at the human. Then its eyes widened and it jerked back, nearly dislodging its passengers. When blue began to seep into red eyes, Sasuke found himself almost unable to breath.

“Dobe…”

--

--

1. Welcome to the mind of Duo Maxwell when he’s reaching the top of his ‘Weird Shit O’Meter.’