Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Change the World ❯ Change the World Arc Two: The Dolphin's Cry ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Change the World (Arc Two):
The Dolphin's Cry
by Eternal SailorM (Angel-chan)

Statement made to save one's own ass (Disclaimers): Don't own Sailormoon or Gundam Wing or any other series that show up in this ficlet. Please don't steal my (limited) plot or one original character. Also, don't own titles; they come from songs. And the cute little replacement phrase for "disclaimers" comes from the Kevin Smith movie Dogma.

Series: Sailormoon, Gundam Wing, Weiß kreuz, The Slayers, vague hints at other series.

Archive: If you want this piece of crap on your page, e-mail me first and we'll see what can be done.

Dedications: To Usa-chan, for our love of the pairing here! To Tenshi-chan, for putting up with me. To Comet-chan, for being my best beta-reader. To Jade-chan, Samantha-chan, LessE-chan, and SilverRay-chan, for the nice reviews! (Angel-chan likes long, well-thought-out reviews!) Also, thank you to the Yami no Matsuei fic writers I've been reading lately (Naisumi, Sholio, etc); I feel inspired.

Warnings: TWT. OOCness. Highly unusual pairings. Shounen no ai. Much angst. Sap. Humour. Trying to write with a pounding headache; it will be weird.

~ * ^ * ~ * ^ * ~

"Duo Maxwell... and Hiiro Yuy." She paused for a long, long moment, biting her lower lip thoughtfully. "I know you."

The man sitting on the floor across the hall from her jumped to his feet in a single, smooth movement so quick it startled her; she fell a step back into Winner-san, nearly knocking them both off balance. "Usagi," Duo whispered, pain in his voice. He had started to reach out a hand to her but froze as she moved away from him.

::Don't hurt Duo!:: a voice whispered in her mind. ::Please don't hurt Duo...::

Unable to stop herself, she stepped forward and wrapped both her hands around one of his.

F L A S H

a train station... running away... "going to string match-making assassins up with their own wire"... Ijiwaru Angel... Only Yuy could make a curse word into an endearment... daisuki...

She stumbled away from Duo...

F L A S H

"Saa... You can't keep Shinigami down..." loud coughing noises... worry... making Duo blush... kissing Yuy for the first time... waking up with Yuy for the first time... "we were going to ask you consider... both of us..."

Suddenly a warm hand steadied her...

F L A S H

an apron saying, "Kiss the cook - and I'll Kill You"... throwing a vaguely heart-shaped cookie at Yuy's head... never give Duo chocolate... doujinshi under the cushions of the American-style couch... cuddling with Duo... offering to demonstrate the flexibility of the human male body for Yuy...

She threw it off and careened into the wall...

F L A S H

anniversary... hanging around the Koneko no Sumu Ie... hotel room... typing on The Laptop... fell in love with Duo... why do I love Yuy?... oh goddess, I'm pregnant... anxiety... horror... fear... how did I end up with such amazing friends?... tickle-torturing Omi-kun... please Ginzuishou, don't let Hiiro die; I'll do anything if he lives... pain... dying...

F L A S H

The floor rising up to meet her was almost a welcome sight...

~ * ^ * ~ * ^ * ~

She turned the corner, and the world trembled. Well, not really, but anyone who had seen Lina Inverse angry certainly did. Following the white-clad nurse around to the hallway where her friend's room was and seeing it littered with Preventers certainly did not improve her mood. And that familiar dark mop of hair and green tanktop could only mean one thing...

"Yuy!!" The Japanese man looked up from the floor to find himself nose-to-nose with the red-eyed former sorceress. "What the hells did you do to her this time?!"

"You're the one who's been hiding her these last two years!" he returned sharply. Out of the corner of her eye, she faintly noted the blonde boy that Usagi had once introduced to her as Omi making vaguely plactating gestures, which she continued to ignore.

"And how is it hiding when no one comes looking for her?!"

"Well maybe if someone had let us know she was still alive..!"

Us? Oh yeah... She turned dismissively away from Yuy and smiled at Duo, sitting in a plastic hospital chair with his hand bandaged. "Hiya, Duo-kun," she greeted cheerfully.

"Hey." He sounded tired almost beyond meaning of the word, and abruptly she found herself feeling a bit sorry for the American. "They won't let us in to see her."

"Why not?"

"Because she's Tsukino Serenity, and we're not listed in any way for Tsukino Serenity," Yuy interrupted.

Her pretty face curling up into a scowl that could peel paint, Lina turned and marched straight into the room where her friend was. A man in a white jacket [1] was bent over the bed; he jerked upright when she stormed in. "Are you one of her relatives?" he asked.

"I'm Lina Inverse," she answered a bit haughtily. "I'm listed as her next of kin." The doctor nodded and turned back to his patient.

"Hey, doc. There are two guys outside who need to come in to see her," she continued loudly, hopefully loud enough for Duo and Yuy to hear out in the hallway.

"They've been pestering me about it the last hour. They're not getting in here," he answered, apparently not noticing the American man edging slowly into the room.

"They're her husbands."[2] She continued even as he facefaulted in shock. "I think they deserve to be allowed in here."

The doctor fumbled and stuttered a bit, but predictably did not last under the famous Inverse Stare of Doom.

~ * ^ * ~ * ^ * ~

Images swam through the darkness, and she felt consciousness returning to her. The too clean scent in the air could only mean she was in a hospital again; it certainly didn't feel like a hospital bed she was resting on though. Forcing her eyes to slit open, red hair obstructed her view. ::Lina-chan...? What's going on here?:: She blinked her eyes sharply, trying to bring everything into focus, groaning slightly at the effort it took.

"So you're awake," the redhead's voice whispered.

"What's going on, Lina-chan?" she muttered, resting her head back against the other woman's chest.

"You passed out at the Preventer's headquaters. Gave everyone quite a scare, bishoujo."

"Do you remember what happened?" a soft nasal voice cut in. She winced her eyes open quickly to stare at Hiiro sitting across the room, holding a sleeping Duo's head in his lap.

"Bits and pieces," she slowly answered. "Gods, Hiiro, the time I've lost..."

"Gomen ne." Prussian blue eyes slid down to glare at the floor. "If we'd known... you were alive, we'd... we'd have..."

"I know, Hiiro. I know." She favoured him a small but tired smile that he probably did not see.

"We thought you died," Duo mumbled, opening sleepy violet eyes to stare at her. "They told us you'd died, Usag-"

"But I did die."

::Owari?::

~ * ^ * ~ * ^ * ~

1. No, not Muraki!!! *runs and hides from the evil man*

2. Trust Lina-chan to go straight to the point, ne?

~ * ^ * ~ * ^ * ~

11 October 2001

So what was I saying about the plot bunnies of angst and doom? This was definitely one of them.

Anyways, I'm gonna be a bit preoccupied for a bit. I'm working two jobs and going to college full-time (and selling plasma for the cash to keep my car running), as well as planning a chibi yaoi fest for the 20th and 21 of this month (my Samhain present to myself, to make up for being around the scary needles... O.O kowai!!!!). Forgive me if this is my last post for a while.

Coming soon, in Change the World, Arc Two: Amethyst Remembrance:
So it is Usagi? Back from the dead? Nani???? How's that possible? And what will this mean for her, Yukiko, Hiiro, and Duo? Somehow, it seems this is all just beginning...

Bai-bai!

E-mail Eternal SailorM!!!