Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Stories Can Becone Real ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Stories Can Become Real"
By Staria

All standard disclaimers apply.
Ok I know I placed this in the Escaflowne area but i added a couple of characters from other animescause i wanted to so nah!. Hope you like it. It's and ulternate universe fic naturally.

I was bored out of my mind as I sat in my fifth period study hall. Mrs. A was out and the sub was being a real witch. I practically had to sign my name in blood just to be able to use the computer, even though Mrs. A let's me use it all the time. Any way I was typing up one of my many stories when all of the power in the school went out. At first I was just mad because I didn't get to save my work and it was lost for good now, but when the power never came back on I started to worry. A few people cheered knowing we'd get out of school for sure, but I couldn't shake a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something just didn't seem right. It had also gotten a lot darker out side and a cold wind was blowing through the open windows. I heard leaves rustling and couldn't help but look out the window. Nothing seemed too out of the ordinary, other than the darkness, but I still had a bad feeling. I was snapped out of my worrying when the fire alarm went off. There's wasn't a planned fire drill today so it meant one of two things. A stupid kid was playing a trick or the school really was on fire. I wasn't taking any chances and made a quick stop at my locker as we all exited the building. Sure enough the school was on fire. It had started at the middle school and was quickly reaching the high school. What could have started it? I had no idea.
Some how in all the confusion we had all end up near the football field, and then I saw it. A huge black beast was lunging people. It's scales shimmered in the light of the fire and it's wings shielded it from the heat. From my spot I could still see how sharp it's teeth were.
"A dragon...." I said aloud to myself, in disbelief. "It can't be... but... it is." I couldn't move. I couldn't even scream if I wanted to. It was as if I was mesmerized by it. Then it saw me, and an evil, hungry glint appeared in it's blood, red eyes. As it neared me I could do nothing.
"Look out!" someone yelled at me. The next thing I knew I was being shoved out of the way. I hit the pavement and cringed as pain shot through me. I looked up at the person who saved me. He looked to be about eighteen, and had jet black hair falling into his face. I couldn't see what he was wearing other than a large black cloak that covered him. He grasped a sword with a gold hilt and was single handedly fighting the beast. I had never seen the guy before, so I doubted he was a student. But where did those two come from?
"Staria move it! Get away from there you idiot!" one of my friends yelled at me. I wasn't really listening though. I was to captivated by the battle. I knew it was dangerous but it looked like an intricate dance. It seemed like the whole thing had simply jumped out of my imagination and I couldn't pull myself away from it. I did however manage to get back on my feet. By then the dragon had started moving towards the football field and everyone else.
"Run! Get out of here!" the guy ordered to everyone. As the entire student body and faculty started to run in a panic I finally came to my senses and started to run too. I had lost sight of the dragon and felt the danger increasing because of it. The ground started to shake so I knew it had to be close. I kept moving though and hoped I wouldn't have a klutz attack. I would have been fine too if I hadn't looked behind me and tripped over a sixth grader. I got back up and saw the guy running after the crowd. There was still no signed of the dragon. Then out of nowhere it reappeared behind the guy.
"Look out!" I shouted as it lunged at him. He turned quickly jamming the sword into the beast's chest. Then he turned around and pulled it up wards slashing the beast open and killing it. As the dragon dropped to the ground, finally defeated, the guy reached inside and pulled out an odd looking sphere. It kinda looked like a tiny brain, but it couldn't have been. As he grasped it, the sphere started to glow and a white light shot out from it.
The column of light grew and an upward wind started to increase. As it stretched out past me I was thankful I hadn't decided to wear a skirt that day. But that would have been the least of my problems. The wind became so strong that it lifted me up into the air. I noticed the guy was up higher than I was and seemed extremely calm. I was scared out of my mind. I couldn't break free of the light and I was rising high and higher into the air. Then everything went dark.
After a while I wondered if the darkness would ever go away and what exactly was happening to me. Then with out warning the wind reversed and I was falling. I tried to scream but nothing came out. If I wasn't so scared it probably would have been one wild ride, but I wasn't amused at the time. The rush of falling was getting to be too much for me and I blacked out.

When I finally came around I was laying in a wagon full of hay, being pulled by a team of work horses. The driver was huge, but I couldn't see his face. I looked around and saw the guy was in the wagon as well. He had removed the cloak and wore a pair of tan slacks and a loose, red, sleeveless top. His sword was placed back in it's holder and rested on the cloak. He was resting his chin on a gloved hand and staring out at the scenery. I thought he hadn't noticed me, but then I saw him look at me from the corner of his eye.
"So you're finally awake."
"Where am I?" I asked.
"This is Fanelia. My home. some how you were caught in the transport beam and brought along. Don't worry though as soon as we get back to the city, we'll find a way to get you back to the Mystic Moon."
"The Mystic Moon?" I looked up and saw two moons in the sky. One was the Earth's moon and the other was Earth, or what he called the Mystic Moon. "Oh you mean Earth. What planet am I on." I was trying my best to remain calm.
"Gaia. What's you're name?"
"My name? Staria Shields"
"Well Staria, I am Van Fanel."
"Um... it's a pleasure to meet you, but what were you and that dragon doing on Earth if you are from this planet?"
"I was chasing it and it went through a portal."
"But why?"
"I was on a quest." with that he stopped talking to me.

As we rode back to his city the sun started to come up and the darkness faded away. The land here was a lot like Earth's only there was very little, and probably no, pollution. I'd say about an hour later we entered a city. Soon a large crowd had gathered to welcome Van home. But why was he so important?
He jumped off the wagon and pulled that weird sphere out of his shirt.
"I have killed the dragon and retrieved the drag-energist." he announced raising it above his head. An older man with a scar over his left eye walked over to Van.
"Van Fanel, Prince of Fanelia has completed his test and is now King!" the man announced and bowed to Van.
He's a prince!?!?!?! No a King! Wow! Very cool. I was felling very out of place now. I was going to ask how I could get home but a girl ran out from the crowd and leaped at Van.
"Lord Van!" she cried giving him a big hug. She had shoulder length, pink hair and wore an orange, dress that looked like an over sized shirt. The oddest thing though was she had a tail and cat ears! Plus tuffs of white fur covered her wrists, ankles and shoulders. Then the little cat girl started licking Van's face.
"Merel cut it out. Not now OK." I heard Van say quietly.

After the commotion died down I was taken to the palace with Van and the cat girl named Merel.
"You can make your self at home here." a maid told me and left me alone in a room. I set my back pack down. I still don't know how it followed me here. I could have sworn I dropped it when I fell over that sixth grader. I sighed and looked out the window. I really wish none of this had happened.
"Stay away from him." I turned around at the voice. It was Merel. "Stay away from Van. I don't need and outsider from the Mystic Moon after him."
"I..."
"I've never seen close like yours before. They're so... weird!" I looked down at my shorts an my baby-tee with a crescent moon on it. I didn't think they were weird. they were me, but that might not be saying much. The next thing I know, however, that little cat burglar is rooting around through my bag!
"Hey! get out of that! It's mine!"
"Ooo... pretty." Merel said pulling something out. It was my necklace, a silver star with a few light blue gems on it. "I'll just keep this." and she ran out of the room on all fours.
"Hey! Come back here you thief!" I yelled chasing after her. I stopped short though as I passed an open door. Inside Van was clashing swords with the older, scar-faced man, and not fairing too well.
"You don't putt enough power in your attack." the man said. Before Van could answer Merel had found him and attached herself to his arm.
"Lord Van!"
"Merel? What are you doing here?"
"She took my necklace." I said stepping into the room.
"Merel... give it back if you took it."
"Oh fine!" Merel pouted and tossed it back to me. I really wanted to go home now.

Later that evening I decided to take a look around the place. It seemed like a pretty drab place. There were hardly any picture any where and the few tapestries I saw were all old and faded. Van's family must not have been into art very much. As I continued to walk I heard voices up a head. I walked towards them as quietly as I could and decided to do some snooping.
"Van I'm telling you she looks like her." Merel said.
"I don't want to hear it!"
"But Van..." "She doesn't look a thing like her."
"Endymion would know!"
"I am not going to bother him because she isn't her." "You're just being stubborn again."
"Merel don't start." Van said and pounded his fist on a table.
"But her name is even similar!"
"Staria is not Starlina. I would know if she was."
"But..."
"Merel just drop it OK. Starlina is gone and has been for years. You know that as well as I do. The Zibock empire took her and most likely killed her. She's dead, and if not she's not the girl we use to know."
"That's my point Van! Maybe they sent her to the Mystic Moon!" "Merel, forget it!" with that Van stormed out of the room. I froze in place as he saw me. He didn't say a word to me, but turned his head away and continued to storm off.

I decided to take my chances and ask Merel about this girl named Starlina.
"So who was she?" I asked walking in the room. Merel gave me a funny look.
"Were you spying on my Van?"
"I was just looking around and over heard you two. So who's Starlina? She seems like a bad topic for Van."
Merel looked deep in thought before she spoke.
"Well, Starlina was Van's half sister. She was taken away when she was thirteen, by the Zibock empire. We're not sure what they did to her, but Van believes she's dead now."
"Why did those people take her?"
"She was showing signs of having a great amount of power in magic, she probably got it from her mother because Van's dad couldn't control magic at all. Any way they saw it as a threat of some sort and eliminated her before she could learn to control it. I don't think she's dead though cause at the time, I know, Dilandau was in love with her."
"Who this Dilandau?"
"He's the leader of the dragon slayers of the Zibock empire. He's one evil guy. He wasn't as bad before Starlina vanished though. He kinda lost his mind some after that."
"What did Starlina feel towards him?"
"She had never really met him, but was head over heals in love with Lord Barton of Tritonna."
"Sounds like one wild story to me."
"Yes, but after seeing you for a while I just found it weird how much you are like her."
"Sorry. I've lived on Earth all my life. I didn't even know any other worlds existed outside my own."

That night I went to bed with a million thoughts racing through my mind. I don't know how I managed to fall asleep, but I did. However I was awaked by a strange dream. I didn't understand it at all and could hardly remember it. All I know is, I was being held captive by someone and I was given a shot of some sort. I sat up and ran and hand through my hair. I doubted I as going to get any more sleep that night.

The next morning Van came up to my room.
"Staria."
"Yes." I said turning around to face him.
"I'm afraid we haven't found a way to get you back home yet. I hope you don't mind staying here longer."
"It's not like I have much of a choice. And no offense but I'm bored out of my skull."
"Well Merel's on her way over maybe she can show you around today. I have to meet with some other lords and such, otherwise I'd do it myself."
"Oh that's OK. I wanted to ask Merel few things any ways." when I said that his eyes seemed to go dark. "And I'm sorry for ease dropping yesterday. It's a bad habit I have."
He smiled, "Don't worry about it. She use to too." with that he left and I wasn't sure if he meant Starlina or Merel.

Once Merel arrived we headed out for a walk through town.
"So how exactly was Starlina related to Van?" I finally asked.
"Oh...um, his mother died and his father remarried a queen who's husband died. Well she had a son of her own, Endymion, while the Lord Fanel had Van and Van's brother, who's dead now too. But that's how Starlina fits in, she was the daughter of them together."
"Oh, I see. But it seems odd that Van would seem so close to a half sister."
"It was because she was younger than him, if only by a year. We weren't very old at the time at all."
"I see."
"So what's the Mystic Moon like?"
"Oh it's nothing special really. it looks allot like this place only more modern."
"What do you mean?"
"Never mind you won't get it."
"FINE!" she yelled and stormed off. Me and my big mouth.

"Van good to see you again." one of the Lords said. He was a couple years older than Van and had coal black hair. His blue eyes shined with life but hid many secrets.
"Yes Endymoin, sorry I lost touch for a while."
"Well that was expected. It takes time to become a king."
"Yes. Did you see Trowa yet?"
"I saw his men in town, but I haven't seen him any where."
"It's not like him to be late."
"Yes, but he really hasn't been himself, ever since..."
"I know I know..." Van said and looked out the window. Below he saw Trowa walking onto the grounds with a girl. "Staria..."

"So you're staying here with Van?"
"Yes." I said to the guy I'd met in town. He said his name was Trowa Barton and that he'd come from Tritonna to speak with Van and Endymion, Lord of Elison. Trowa was tall and had light brown hair that covered one of his green eyes. He was very cute in my opinion.
"So where are you from?"
"Far away." I had been advised not to tell anyone else that I was from the Mystic Moon.
"I could have guess that from your clothing."
"What is it with everyone and my cloths! Gees they're perfectly normal."
Trowa laughed a little as we entered the grounds of the palace.
"So what's you're name? I don't recall you telling me."
"I'm Staria Shields."
I swear Trowa went pale.
"Are you all right Trowa?"
"I'm sorry, you name is just very close to the name of a girl I used to know. I'm fine."
"You wouldn't be Lord Barton would you?"
"Yes, I am."
"Oh!" I was shocked to saw the least, but I should have known that Van had said he was meeting with a few other lords today. I'm such an idiot. "I didn't realize that you where that Barton from Tritonna."
"You couldn't have known, you're not from this area. Now I'm sorry to rush off but I really must get to my meeting I'm running a little late." With that he took off. I looked up and Saw Van looking out a window and he looked confused from what I could tell.

"Trowa, you're late." Van said taking a seat.
"Yes I know that."
"Are you all right friend? you look pale." Endymion stated.
"I'm fine." Trowa took his seat as well. the other two didn't believe him. "So what's the trouble?"
"We have a visitor from the Mystic Moon and we can't get her back home." Van explained.
"Who?" Endymion asked.
"Staria Shields. She was caught in the transport beam with me after I killed the dragon."
"She's from the Mystic Moon?" Trowa asked.
"Yes."
"She seems so much like..."
"Damn it Trowa don't you start too!" Van yelled. "Merel's been saying that also and she's not her OK! Staria is not Starlina. We have to face that she's gone. She has been for four years now. We have to spot dwelling in the past."
"Van calm down." Endymion said. "We know that she's gone, but that's no need to yell at Trowa, or Merel for that fact. What we don't know is what happened to her."
"I know that." Van sighed. "But it was my fault. I should have kept a closer eye on her."
"You're still blaming yourself?" Trowa was amassed. "I thought you had gotten over it. I know I haven't. I should have been there to protect her as well."
"Trowa, you were out claiming your thrown at the time don't start." Endymion said. "You both got to stop blaming your selves."
"Endymion, you'd feel the same way if it had happened to Serenity." Trowa said. "Starlina was the only one I loved. She was my entire life and in a way still is."

I was wondering around the palace again and over heard Trowa speaking. It made me want to cry it was so sweet. I left for my room before anyone else could catch me listening in. As I got there, however, a maid came up to me and said Van wanted to see me. I headed back in the direction I had just come from and knocked on the door before entering.
"Come in." Van said. I did and looked around. Only Van, Trowa and a slightly older man where in the room.
"Staria, this is Lord Endymion Chiba of Elios, and you've already met Lord Trowa of Tritonna." Van said.
"Yes, it's a pleasure to met you." I said and took the seat Van motioned to.
"Staria we've been talking about your situation and unfortunately haven't been able to come up with a solution. I'm sorry."
"I understand Van." As I spoke I noticed Trowa and Endymion watching me. They both seemed to be giving me odd looks. "What?" I finally asked turning to them. "What is it that has everyone so confused about me? I think I have a right to know even if I am from the mystic moon."
"Staria..." Van started but Endymion cut him off.
"It's simply that you resemble a girl we all knew."
"That's what Merel told me." I said quietly.
"Would you mind if I asked you a few question?"
"Um... I guess not."
"OK good." Endymion said calmly. "Have you had any strange dreams since you came to Gaia?"
"Actually yes, but I always have strange dreams."
"About what?"
"Which one? Here or the usual?"
"Here."
"Well what I can remember of it is that I'm being held captive by a group of guys and one gives me a shot. that's all I remember."
"I see." Endymion seemed even more confused now.

In the Zibock empire Dilandau paced around uneasily. Volken wasn't letting him have any fun what's so ever, and it was driving him up the wall. He wanted to go on a dragon hunt, but he wasn't permitted to leave the levi-ship. So he found himself trapped in his room with nothing to do. Finally sitting down he picked up and old picture.
"Ah... suck a beauty, but Volken said you had to die. Luckily I was the one to capture you. My dear Starlina.... I wonder what you're doing now with you're new life on the Mystic Moon." He sighed and put the image away, leaving to speak with Volken about a small vacation he'd like to take.

"Staria, I'd like to try and access those memories if possible." Endymion said.
"How?" I was getting freaked out.
"Endymion is that really necessary?" Trowa asked, finally speaking up since I had entered the room.
"If we want to figure this out, then yes."
"You think the answer to getting me home is in me?"
"No Staria, I want to figure out our problem."
"You lost me."
"The Zibock empire has been growing and if it continues our lands are all in danger." Van started. " He wants to see if that dream you had here is really a memory that was forgotten due to drugs and in a way brain washing. Am I right Endymion?"
"Yes that was the idea."
"But I'm telling you she's not her."
"Van you don't know that." As Van and Endymion argued Trowa remained silent and distant. Then Merel bounded into the room.
"Lord Van!"
"WHAT MEREL!?!?!" He snapped.
"Eep!" Merel hid behind me.
"I'm sorry Merel. What's wrong?" Van said calming down.
"I just.... oh never mind. Oh hello Lord Endymion. Lord Trowa."
"Merel." they both said.
"Why's Staria here?"
"They think I'm that girl you told me about."
"Really? See I told you. You and Van have to be related. You both have been moody lately!"
"MEREL!" Van and I yelled.
"What?!?!? You have been." Endymion laughed at t5he cat girls' antics, but Van and I were not amused.
"Can we please at least come to a decision on something." Trowa asked. I couldn't help but feel out of place again. I could tell he was just as confused on this topic as I was.
"Yes. We need to figure this out." Endymion said. "Staria, may we?"
"Well... I guess. I have nothing to loose."
"OK just have a seat here, and relax." He pulled out a small, green stone, that hung on a cord. I followed it as it swung in front of my eyes.
"Just relax." Endymion repeated and I found myself growing sleepy.

Merle watched, amused as the girl from the Mystic Moon fell into a deep hypnotic state.
"Can you make her act like a chicken?" Merel asked.
"Merel that's not funny." Trowa said, unamused. Endymion ignored them and continued working.
"Now Staria, I want you to tell me what happened to you four years ago, on this day."
"I was out riding with Epyon and had stopped to rest near a lake. It was so nice out I had drifted off to sleep. When I woke up, Epyon was nowhere around and I wasn't in the woods any more. Wherever I was, it was cold and dark. I couldn't see anything, but I knew someone else was there. He started speaking to me saying I was to be destroyed, but he was going to save me. Someone else stabbed me in the arm with something, and everything went completely black and silent. I felt myself slipping away."
"Epson......" Van breathed.
"That was her horse!" Merel sang bouncing around. "See she is her! I didn't tell her about Epyon!"
"Quite Merel." Trowa said.
"Do you have any idea who did that to you?" Endymion asked.
"Someone called him Dilandau."
"THAT SCUM!!!" Trowa yelled, standing up in furry.
"Trowa, calm down." Endymion said. "I think we've heard enough." He snapped his fingers and Staria blinked.

"Endymion this isn't going to work." I said looking at him. He had put the stone away and Trowa and Van both looked really pissed off. "Did I miss something???"
"Staria it DID work!!" Merel said hopping over. "You babbled on and on, but Endy wouldn't make you do anything funny, even though I asked him to."
"Merel." I said gritting my teeth.
"Yes?"
"SHUT UP!"
"Gees... you're grouchier than you used to be Starlina."
"What?!?!?!" I was totally confused now. Was I really Starlina Fanel? "what exactly did I say when I was out?"
"You simply proved what we all wondering." Endymion explained with a smile. "You are in deed the girl we all lost four years ago. Starlina Fanel."
"I don't understand. I have full memories of my life and it was always on Earth. You must be mistaken."
"The Zibock empire could have easily planted those into your mind with the brain washing." Van said as her gazed out the window. "But there is one final way to make sure you are who we think. Endymion, can you arrange things?"
"Certainly but it will take a few days for the results you know."
"We know." Trowa said.
"What do you know?" I wanted to know what they planned to do to me now.
"Just a simple blood test." Van said turning back around. I paled as he said it.
"Oh no. No. No. No. I hate needles." I said waving my hands in front of me and backing away from the group. "You're not stabbing me with anything."
"We've all heard that before." Trowa said with a slight laugh and smile.
"See just another likeness!" Merel bounded over and grabbed my wrist looking it over. Then she did the same with the other.
"What are you looking for?" I questioned.
"Found it!"
"What?"
"The marking?" Endymion asked.
"Yep! See." She pointed to my birthmark, on the underside of my wrist, that resembled an eight point, Christmas star. Van came over and placed his hands on my shoulders.
"That was the birthmark that your mother named you for. You were her shining star." As he spoke I was forced to look him in the eye and I just had to believe him. I could feel my tears of confusion forming and I really didn't want to cry in from of them.
"May I be excused please." I said quietly. "I'd like some time to think." With that Van let go of me and I headed back to my room.

I still couldn't fathom who I really was. My life on Earth all these years was merely an illusion. In one way it was my life saver but in another it was a crule joke. It had completely ruined my life in both worlds. I couldn't get back to earth and yet here I couldn't except this new concept. If I was truly Starlina Fanel then why didn't I feel a connection between Van, Endymion and myself? As for Trowa, I have to admit I thought he was hot once I laid eyes on him, so that could be explained some what. I had after all loved in when I was in this world, if I was Starlina that is. I threw myself onto my bed and hung my head off the other side, as I often did. As I stared at the ceiling and thought the blood rushed to my head making me dizzy. I didn't care though. I was too consumed in my thoughts. I didn't even hear the door open and someone walk in, until they walked around the bed into my view. I recognized the green eyes in an instant.
"You OK?" Trowa asked.
"I really don't know." I said looking at him and then returning my gaze to the ceiling. "I've never really had to doubt my identity before. I'm not sure what's real any more."
"I can understand that. Things any more just seem to float along like a dream or a nightmare right?"
"Yeah, but I'm not sure which. Just when I think one thing a dream and the other is real it all gets flopped around and turned upside down on me."
"I know what that's like, all to well actually." He sat down next to me as I sat up.
"Really?"
"Yes. Things have been that way for me since you came back into my life." As he spoke I knew my face was growing red, or at least a shade of pink. "Things will work out." He kissed my cheek before getting up and leaving the room. Once he was out of sight I touched my cheek. It still tingled from the gentle touch.

Van stopped Trowa in the hall as he left Staria's room.
"Is she all right?"
"Yes, just a bit confused as all. But she's still the same Star we know. She just needs time to realize it herself. Give her time. It's all we can really do."
"Well we now know she's alive." Van said as the headed back to the meeting room. "I thought for sure she was gone forever."

Dilandau paced about his chamber yelling at one of his dragon slayers.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU COULDN'T DETECT HER ON EARTH?!?!?!?! Where else could she be...."
"I'm sorry my lord, but her presents can't be picked up by our sensors."
"Then try scanning for her here."
"But lord..."
"JUST DO IT!"
"Y-y-y-yes sir."
"If she is here, I will finally have her. Yes. my bright burning star will be mine." He let out an evil laugh as the scan started. As it swiped across the screen a beeping sound got louder.
"Sir! I found her."
"Where!?!?!?! Let me see!" "She's at the palace in..."
"FANELIA! She's home! Damn it! That Stupid brother of hers, Van, has her safe and sound. But I'll change that soon enough my love. You can be safe here with me instead."

I was feeling a bit better at dinner that night. Merel had brought a nice fancy dress up to me to wear that evening. She said it had been my mothers and should fit me now. The gown was beautiful with all it's ice blue silk. It's flowing skirt reached the floor and the sleeveless top wrapped around my neck in a choker style. I had twirled around my room a few times watching the skirt before I had headed down stairs. I was told we were having steaks and I NEVER pass up a good steak. I can be as bad as a wolf at times when it comes to food. I found myself seated to Trowa, which I didn't mind at all, and Van was at the head of the table. Merel sat across from be, beside Endymion. It all seemed familiar to me. Maybe I was starting to come back to this world after all.
Just as we got our food a sinking feeling came over me. I knew Trowa had sensed that I was uneasy, when I felt his hand on my leg.
"What's wrong?"
"I just got a bad feeling that's all. Like something's coming. It's probably nothing." I said, gave him a smile and dug into my medium rare stake.
"I still don't see how you can eat these things bleeding." Endymion commented.
"It's the only way Endy. It's the only way."
"As I recall you said, 'let it stare at the oven and terror and bring in on out', once." Van said with a laugh.
"Hum... sounds good...." Merel gave me an odd look. "I'm joking!" I said and laughed my first true laugh since I'd arrived. The fun, however, was short lived. As we all joked around over dinner Dilandau and his Dragon slayers grew closer to the palace.

After dinner I found myself walking in the courtyard with Trowa. He had wrapped an arm around my waist as we talked.
"I missed you so much. I had just about given up on this life. You were, and still are, everything to me." As I looked into his eyes I saw how sincere they were.
"Trowa.... I...." before I could say anything, Trowa shoved me behind him. Shocked I looked up and saw a group of five guys before us. The one in front appeared to be the leader. He had platinum blond hair and evil looking violet eyes. His armor was red and black and an odd crown covered his forehead. He also had a scare on his right cheek.
"What do you want Dilandau?" Trowa demanded.
"What is rightfully mine is all. Really now Barton, I don't wish to fight you but I will if you don't step down."
"Never." Trowa said taking a fighting stance. I watched as Dilandau drew his sword.
"Trowa." I said getting worried. "What's going on? you can't fight you don't have a sword!"
"I won't let him harm you Staria."
"But he'll kill you!" I had really just met Trowa, but I could stand loosing him.
"DIE TROWA BARTON!" Dilandau screamed and swung his sword.

The computer screen went black.
"What the hell?" I asked myself. I was just getting to the good part in my story and the power had gone off, completely deleting my new file. I wasn't thrilled in the least. I was really getting into my new tale, but now it was gone. Lost forever in the data base of zeros and ones. I looked around and saw the lights were all out and didn't look like they were coming back on any time soon. One of the windows in the classroom was open and a cold wind blew up my back giving me the chills. Something didn't seem right at all.