Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ 'Bittersweet' ❯ Midnight visitor ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Bittersweet

By Chikako-Chan

Akane766@aol.com or ketsueki258@hotmail.com

Gundam Wing/ Sailor Moon x-over

Summary: Usagi Tsukino is just an ordinary girl... or so she thinks, before she realises she could be either the salvation or damnation of the entire Vampire race... unfortunately, her soul mate happens to be one...

Chapter two: midnight visitor

Authors notes: Sorry this chapter is so late out, but due to technical difficulties and lack of inspiration >-<!!!! I hope you all enjoy this chapter, some of the chapter is in Hiiro's POV. All I want from you guys is some REVIEWS, is that too much to ask? Please, please, PLEASE!

Warnings: swearing!!!

Disclaimer: I do not own either of these animes although if I did I'd be the happiest person alive!
sigh* life is so unfair! Do not sue, for there is nothing to take!

'' = Thoughts
***= Flashback
/////= Change of scene

Cracks fingers, winces and attacks the keyboard; HEE, HEE, HEE.




Usagi sat in the centre of a deserted room, her legs crossed and her arms resting on her knees. Her brow was furrowed in concentration and was beaded with sweat. She had been there for what seemed like days, quietly meditating, and yet still she hadn't found what she was looking for, the dark pool seemed to have disappeared from her mind and soul. With a frustrated cry Usagi opened her eyes and stood on unsteady feet, she stormed out of the room, heading towards the adjoining bathroom next to her bedroom, looking at her alarm clock she realised that it was midnight. Stripping off the traditional Shinto robes that Rei lent her she walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower, climbing into the cubicle. As she stood under the jets out hot water, she heard the sound of floor boards creaking, she froze, all her senses alert, someone had entered her room. She could tell it wasn't Rei because she had no excuse to sneak, neither did grandpa Hino.

She left the shower on so as not to alert the intruder, wrapping a towel around herself, carefully, Usagi inched the door open, peering out, she saw a silhouetted figure walking confidently around her room, 'Cocky bastard!' she thought, watching him look around. As if he had read her thoughts, he turned to face her. "Kumori" The man announced, stepping into the dim light that slithered from a crack in the bathroom door, Usagi gasped, he was beautiful, breathtakingly so. His skin was a honeyed brown, his hair the colour of burnt sienna fell over his stunningly ethereal Prussian blue eyes. Eyes filled with such sadness it made her throat constrict with heartfelt emotion. He was one of them , a vampire, she could sense it, but she didn't feel any animosity or hatred for him, only curiosity. "Who are you?" she asked, pulling together all of her courage, standing tall. The man executed a perfect bow before he introduced himself, "My name is Hiiro Yui, and we've been looking for you, Kumori since the day you were born." He trailed off, Usagi thought she heard a hint of wistful-ness in his smooth voice, but this man seemed to be able to mask his emotions well.

Hiiro examined the girl that was Kumori, she was stunning, he had lived for a good century or two and hadn't seen anything quite as beautiful as her. And with his dark inhuman gaze, he looked at her slowly from top to bottom. He saw that she shivered under his scrutiny, yet he sensed no fear. Yet again Kumori stood tall and proud as she stated imperiously, "My name is Usagi, Kumori is not my name, now tell me why you are here!" Hiiro almost smiled, * almost* "I just came to see you, though I can tell you were busy" looking amusedly at the towel still wrapped tightly around her chest, Usagi blushed before running into the bathroom.

Usagi swore she heard him chuckle as she slammed the door in his face, why did he look at her that way? As if no detail was left uncovered from his haunted eyes, She shivered again. Then again, what was she doing? She was supposed to be fighting him, and instead she was practically * drooling * at his VERY masculine form (That green tank top didn't have much to hide at all really.) She put her robes on again and walked out of the door. Looking directly into his eyes, she glared at him, "Why are you really here? Tell the Truth!" she commanded, Hiiro looked straight back at her, "I told you why I am here." Usagi growled 'I can't trust him, Rei and grandpa could get hurt!' that last thought, Usagi charged towards him, feeling hesitation pull at her conscience. gracefully dodged a punch headed towards his face, growling again, Usagi threw a range of punches at him, but Hiiro met them with his unnaturally gentle, yet strong as steel hands. She could feel her consciousness slipping out of reach; whatever happened when fighting with Rei was going to happen again, she panicked, before slipping into oblivion.

Hiiro watched in surprise as Usagi stopped punching, she had seemed so determined. A chilly laugh escaped from her lush lips, sending some unknown shiver down his spine, "Hiiro Yui? No doubt one of Sols pawns!" Usagi looked at him with the eyes of a fallen angel, she opened up her hands and created a shining blue orb, tossing it from hand to hand. "Why should I help your race? The bastards that took my family!" she hissed, her words coming out as though a man were speaking them, this was Kumori speaking. Her rage emanated around the room. "We have no choice! We would rather have the option of death, but in it's place eternal punishment!!" Hiiro blurted out passionately, Kumori halted for a moment, before looking deep into his eyes. "if you go back, there is no trusting you." She stated, before slamming the orb into his chest, he didn't feel pain, just a lethargic feel (A.N; you think I'd hurt Hiiro? Meanies!), and he collapsed on to the soft carpet.

When next Hiiro woke up he could tell it was day, but the windows had been shuttered. He sighed in relief, but the relief dissipated when his growing fangs ached with bloodlust, he was in need of life's blood to sustain him. He was bewildered that he was still alive as he could tell that Kumori was indeed a powerful creature but he knew he was safe here. As if out of thin air, Usagi was by his side, "I'm sorry for whatever I did to you, I can't remember a thing when I'm like that!" she stated apologetically, brushing her hair away from her face as she looked down on him. His eyes had left her face and were paying avid attention to the pulse at the base of her long creamy neck; his mouth parted slightly, his throat feeling sore and achy. Usagi recognised the look in his eyes and kneeled on the floor by the bed in which he lay, "You're hungry here." She offered him her neck, "I'm not afraid, I trust you" her trust touched some part of him hidden, and he felt it pull at his dormant heart. He then slid off the bed and kneeled next to her. "Thank you" he said leaning towards her pulse, her life.

Usagi shivered when his hot breath touched the skin of her neck, surprisingly, he didn't just sink his teeth into her, but he stayed for a moment, pressing his lips to the base of her neck as if in homage, she blushed slightly, before concentrating on the pain that was sure to come next. As soon as his teeth touched her neck, she gasped at the flood of sensation, and if she wasn't mistaken, so did he. Images flashed through her head all of then held Hiiro's sad eyes, and all the emotions she felt were negative; anger, hate, betrayal, sorrow and pain. She couldn't breathe, couldn't open her eyes, as the images became stronger, the last image was that of Hiiro lying on a stone coffin, crying tears of blood. Choking, she returned to reality and a warm body as Hiiro held her protectively in his gentle embrace. Gasping Hiiro looked into Usagi's eyes, "That's never happened before, I'm sorry"
He looked remarkably childlike and vulnerable with his eyes wide open in confusion, but the blood at the corner of his mouth said otherwise. Usagi stood in up swiftly to her feet and stood by the door, "I'll be back in a minute." Saying that, she left the room.

As soon as she got out of the door, Usagi nearly collapsed in exhaustion, she didn't know what had happened either, it was as if they had opened their minds to each other without realising. Her vision was getting smudgy and shapeless, she knew she was going to faint soon, but some sort of sixth sense told her that Hiiro would help her, as she was slipping, she heard Rei's exclamation of surprise, and foot steps pounding towards her. "Usagi? Usagi? Chad help!" the voice said, but Usagi was too tired to do anything about it.

Hiiro looked down in wonder at his hands, he could feel Usagi's blood hum through his veins, singing through his heart. He had never felt like this after feeding, never so alive, he looked at the door where Usagi had left, she should have passed out straight away but she held on to consciousness for as long as she could but she knew when she had lost it, as he had heard a thump outside the door. Without thinking Hiiro gave in to the blind urge to go out of the door and hold Usagi in his arms. But when he had opened the door, Usagi was in the arms of another man, and a raven haired woman was knelt next to them. He was shocked at the jealousy that roared through his head, he couldn't think straight. She hung limp in the mans arms, the woman at his side glared at him, "you!" she hissed looking at the puncture marks on Usagi's neck. "Stay away!" Hiiro stared at the fiery little woman and smiled, "I haven't done anything that was against her will, she offered and I accepted." He stated coolly, Pulling herself into a fighting pose, with a battle cry, she lunged at him, but before she could strike, Usagi's weak voice interrupted, "Rei.No" she whispered before slipping back into unconsciousness. Hiiro and took Usagi out of the other mans arms, feeling a great sense of satisfaction at the lightweight of the girls body. His eyes widened at all the surprisingly strong feelings directed towards the child-woman in his arms. Rei glared at Hiiro before she addressed the other man, "Chad, keep an eye on him while I get grandpa to sort this out" with that, she stormed down the hall. Chad glared at Hiiro as they walked back in to Usagi's room, as he laid her on the bed . Rei walked intro the room, the old man in tow. The old man grinned, "Ah, this is Usagi's destined lover, her soul mate if you wish" the old man stated easily. Reis eyes opened wide with shock and Chad choked on what seemed like thin air, Hiiro raised an eyebrow cynically, well, wasn't this the pleasant surprise.


Did you like it? Nice cliff hanger huh? It took me ages cause I didn't get many REVIEWS you nasty evil people!!! *pouts evilly* c'mon I NEED YOUR REVIEWS/FLAMES/ WATEVER!!!!a lot luv chikako-chan 4