Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Magic 1: Unite ❯ The Aftershock ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crystal Magic 1: Unite


The aftershock

By Yami White Rain

~~~

Disclaimers: I do not own Gundam Wing or Sailor Moon

~~~


Quatre sat down looking at his pendent. It was strange, he knew but somehow he felt connected to the charm. He knew it was ridiculous, it was just a key chain.

At first he felt silly thinking he was connected to it, but the more he thought about it, the more he realized that the key chains couldn't be normal. Why else would that spirit go through all that trouble to give them useless key chains?

"I'm going outside," Quatre called to Duo, who was in the kitchen trying to figure out what to eat.

When Quatre was outside, he still couldn't believe how cold it was. He shivered, the snow was beautiful, but now more then ever he missed warm weather.

He closed his eyes, and a tear formed in his eye. Home, would he ever get back? The girl or whoever that person was said that they could go home if they chose.

But... maybe he didn't want to get back home. The war might be over, but not the one in his heart. All those who died, those he had killed were still gone forever.

He had always given them a chance to surrender, and for people to clear out of the way... but he had still killed them. There was nothing he could do about it.

He was always called the innocent one, the angel but his hands were shed with the blood of many.

If he could go back in time, would he still do it? The most agonizing part, he knew he probably would. If he were given a second chance he would still kill them. They were all the sacrifice for peace. So many had died for the simple needs of peace.

A golden tear fell down his face. He put his hand over his eyes.

Sometimes he didn't know how he faced everyday people who had never killed anybody and be treated as equal, on the contrary they treated him with respect and some even considered him a hero.

But a hero didn't regret, didn't regret everything he did for peace or justice. Another golden tear fell down his face.

How could he go on and live while so many innocent lives had been cut short? How many people suffered because of him? How many people had he killed?

Whatever happened to the Quatre who was upset if he accidentally stepped on a cockroach? Another golden tear fell down the pain was sharp and still so new.

The aftershock of war was killing him inside out.

So many died, he should have died with them, how many times had he escaped death? How many died while he still lived?

Now he knew what it felt like to be like Heero. Heero thought he should die but for different reasons but still...

It was eating away at his soul. Inside where no one could see. No one knew, they couldn't know. He couldn't let anyone see. He didn't want their worry, their concern. He didn't deserve it; they shouldn't be burdened by his guilt.

He closed his eyes tightly. He could see all that he had killed, in quick flashes. He could have tried harder to save the people. The children, the baby's, Oh god, he had killed children, innocent young children. Tore them away from the childhood they disserved. Put the families through so much.

How could anyone think of what he did was great? They should hate him. The guilt was cutting so deeply.

He wiped away another tear.

He fell to his knees, not even noticing that he wasn't cold anymore.

How could he feel the pain of everybody he'd hurt?

The emotions were overwhelming. The pain was spinning around in his head, his heart. He couldn't let go. It wouldn't go away.

The screams, The cries, the blood, the death, oh god how could he do it? How could he hurt so many? Why did he do it?

He couldn't think... could only feel the pain. Couldn't forget.

He screamed and fell face down in the snow.

From the snow not far away from Quatre a blue and white light swirled. A girl came spinning up. She giggled and opened her big clear blue-violet eyes and spread out her pixie-like blue and white wing. She tossed her pale blue hair and giggled. She took of her tiara and closed her eyes. The tiara and wings disappeared.

~~~

"Deadly?" Mina asked nervously. She had faced life and death situations before, but the way Luna had said it she knew that this kind of deadly was different.

Rai closed her eyes. She wished there wasn't so many unanswered questions. "Luna, do you know of any legends or anything that might help us?" She asked.

"I can't think of anything right now," Luna admitted.

Serena was looking closely at her pendent. "What are you looking at?" Rai asked trying not to sound too annoyed.

Serena didn't answer.


"What should we do?" Lita asked.

"I'm not sure, just look out for dangers?" Ami answered.

"Do you think we should figure out what theses key chains are for?" Mina asked.

"It does seem strange that she would get us to just give us key chains." Ami remarked.

Luna sighed, "I don't like that we have no idea what were dealing with, but we don't have a choice unless anybody had any ideas?"

"Just keep an eye out for enemies" Lita said with a sigh.

Serena said, "why don't we get something to eat?"

"Serena, all you ever think about it food," Rai snapped.

"I just thought that if we ate something we could think better and not be so grouchy," Serena snapped back.

"Can you guys not fight right now?" Mina said, exasperated.

"Yeah we need to work together," Lita agreed.

"Fine," Rai and Serena said in unison.

"I think we should all go home and if any of us comes up with something, tell another scout." Luna said.

The others agreed and then left.

Rai closed her eyes and rubbed her temples. She was tired; she hadn't gotten any sleep that night. Maybe she should take a nap, and then she could think clearly.

~~~

Trowa looked down at his watch; Quatre had been gone for almost three hours. He looked at Duo, "What exactly did Quatre say?"

"I told you," Duo said, annoyed, "he said 'I'm going outside.'"

"He can take care of himself," Wufei reminded Trowa

Trowa sighed and leaned back into the wall, crossed his arms, and looked down. I know he can take care of himself but he is also in the past and doesn't know his way around. Plus he's never been in the snow before.

"You know," Duo stared nervously, "the temperature is below zero."

Trowa looked out the window with one eye just barley moving his head.

"And its getting dark," Duo continued.

Heero sighed and looked up from the notebook paper, it was very annoying not having his laptop. "Did he sound nervous or something? You can almost always tell what's up with Quatre."

"He sounded a little distant, but I thought he just was feeling homesick or something." Duo stated.

Wufei looked up from the newspaper, "you know he has seemed a little distant lately..."

"He normally tells up if something's up," Duo said thoughtfully, "he's always encouraging us to."

Trowa looked up, his eyes had a tint or worry, he too, noticed about the blonde's strange behavior. "I'm looking for him."

Heero nodded, "Wufei, Trowa, and I'll look for Quatre, and Duo stay here and see if he comes back."

Grabbing a random coat out of the closet, Trowa was the first one out.

"Wufei goes left, Trowa you go right, and I'll go strait ahead." Heero ordered.

Not wasting time with questions Trowa sprinted into the dark.