Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Magic 1: Unite ❯ One Step Closer ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crystal Magic 1: Unite

One Step Closer

~~~

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon, or Jackie Chan Adventures

~~~

Wufei said nothing.

"Hello? Are you deaf?" Jade stood on her tiptoes and waved her hand in his face.

"Figures the woman would leave out we had to baby-sit a child. A girl at that." Wufei muttered.

"And, my I ask, is wrong with being a girl?"

Before Wufei could respond, Duo walked in. "Who are you talking to Wu?" Duo noticed the girl. "Heero, Trowa, looks like we've got another situation here."

In minutes Trowa and Heero appeared at the doorway.

"Who are you?" Heero asked bluntly.

"Jade's the name, don't wear it out." She turned to Wufei, "I do not see what's wrong with being a girl, we're in the 21st century, so get up to date!"

Duo smiled slightly "You're all right. I'm Duo, the uptight one with the Ponytail is Wufei, the one who has never seen a brush before is Heero and the one with the strange bangs is Trowa. What are you doing here?"

"Why did you tell her our names?" Wufei asked sharply.

"Are you really afraid of a little girl? And look, she has a key chain too."

Indeed, attached to the girl's jeans was the half circle key chain that glittered purple in her only her eyes.

Jade narrowed her eyes. Someone was missing. There should be five people. "Where's Quatre?" She asked, somehow knowing Quatre's name.

"We lost him." Duo said. "How do you even know him?

"Some lady that called me 'little one' told me you were my 'legal guardians.'" Jade grumbled and took out her cell phone and dialed.

She let it ring for a moment, "figures," she muttered, "section 13 probably doesn't even exist. So where are we? LA, New York?"

"Tokyo, Japan." Heero supplied.

"Cool, I've never been here, and since we already have to find Quatre it would be a good opportunity to explore. Get to know our surroundings we don't have a home field advantage."

"What do you mean, we?" asked Wufei, "you don't even know what he looks like, you would just get in the way."

"I would not!"

Wufei ignored her, "I'm guessing we have to baby-sit her. Trowa, you can stay with her and Duo, Heero and I will go."

Jade folded her arms we'll see who gets in the way.

"Why shouldn't I go?" Trowa asked.

"Your emotions will get in the way of you finding him." Heero said.

Trowa said nothing on the comment as Duo, Heero and Wufie left.

Trowa turned around, "Jade?"

~~~

Lita sighed they weren't getting anywhere. They were at Serena's house. She and Ami were studying through Greek and Roman Mythology.

Mina and Airtimes were looking up stuff on the Internet from Ami's laptop and Serena and Luna were on the other computer. They couldn't get a hold of Rai.

"This is pointless," Serena said. "We should look for the boys and see what they know."

"I'm inclined to agree with Serena," Ami said.

Luna sighed, "Serena's right. We have nothing to go on."

"The only problem with that is we have no idea where to start," Airtimes said.

"I think that she wanted us to work together, so they is a good chance that they're in Japan." Lita said.

"I think we should go to Rai's. We could use all the help we can get." Mina said.

"Agreed." Ami said.

"Sounds good." Lita said.

Ami grabbed the phone next to her and dialed Rai's number.

"I don't know, maybe she isn't home, after all she didn't answer the phone." Ami said, "maybe her ESP kicked in and she followed a lead."

"Its possible, but she probably would have contacted us, don't you think?" Luna asked.

"Not if she thought the trail would go cold," Ami said.

"I think two of us should stay here if Rai comes over and to continue the research." Airtimes suggested.

"Okay, Ami and Luna can stay here and the rest of us will go to Rai's and try and find a plot for action." Serena said.

The girls and Airtimes nodded, after Darin died Serena had matured, she still liked to sleep in and eat, but she was beginning to take charge more often. She was finally developing into the Queen she would someday become.

~~~

Quatre and Rai ended up in the park sitting on a bench holding hands and talking.

"You're like this super heroine. Who stops evil?" Quatre asked.

"Yes, I'm Called Sailor Mars, Serena is Sailor Moon, Lita is Sailor Jupiter, Ami is Sailor Mercury and Mina is Sailor Venus."

"Wow."

"You believe me?"

Quatre smiled, "After what just happened I'm willing to believe almost anything, and you don't seem like the lying type. Besides I can almost always tell if someone is lying."

"Do you have ESP or something?"

"I don't think so, just strong empathy or something. Why do you ask?"

Rai blushed, "I have it. I might as well tell you I pry to the fire to try and get insight on our enemies." She didn't really understand why she was suddenly shy about her gifts. True, she didn't tell most people, but she didn't think there was anything wrong with what she did.

"That sounds great," Quatre said, "but it can probably be a burden, right?"

"Yes." Rai said with a far away look in her eye. "Did you sense it?"

"Maybe a little, but I can sympathize. I've felt the pain of my foe's and friends during the war." He blinked rapidly, "Sometimes it tears through my heart and I can barely breath." his voice drifted off.

"Intense." Rai said.

There was silence for a moment.

"You're wondering about the war, aren't you?" Quatre asked, turning his head to Rai.

"Yes," Rai said with a grin, "I think you do have some form of ESP." Quatre went on to explain about the colonies, Gundams, the reasons for the war and the final conclusion.

"We should get going." Rai said when Quatre was finished.

"Fine with me."