Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Destructional Assassins ❯ Finding jobs, tears, anger, and gay choreographers/managers...Part 3 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 3

Goodness! I am so late! SORRY! I typed out this chapter the first time, and I didn't like the way it ended, so I retyped it, only to be accidentally deleted. Oh, about the sequel. Should I actually make a sequel, or should I just add it onto this fic? Don't tell me yet, wait for the 12th chapter to come out, okay?

10th chapter (This chapter)- part 3 of the 8th chapter

11th chapter-concert

12th chapter-ending

13th-author's credits

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing or Sailor Moon…darn, huh? Then all my great stories would be on TV!

Destructional Assassins (This chapter will focus mainly about the g-boys)

"Whoa, check it out!" Duo exclaimed, pointing to the TV. Turning his head so that he could get a view, Quarte's eyes widened when he saw what was on the screen. Hearing the beginning announcement, Wufei, turned the volume higher. "Last week, the mysterious young singer held an audition for four other band members. The results are out, and we have the new group with us right now! As you can see, they are clearly excited and pleased that they are now part of the group. The lead singer, who is still keeps her name private, has informed us that they will be holding a rather small concert next month, and begin touring. Other groups are welcome to audition for the opening acts later on in the month. The winning group will also be invited to join them on their tour. We'll keep you informed, I'm Dave, signing out." Looking down at his feet, Trowa sadly noted, "It seems like they are doing fine without us…"

"We should be happy for them." Heero calmly stated. Duo raised an eyebrow, wondering why. Heero caught the look and answered, "Now we know what Hotaru felt like…I guess it's only fair for us to go through that much pain." As the thought of Hotaru crossed his mind, Heero's eyes flickered darkly, cursing fate. Noticing the sudden change in his friend's voice, Quarte decided to help Heero out. "Let's just be happy. Meanwhile, I have an idea. Heero, do you think you can get us five plane tickets to New York?" He asked, trying to get Heero's mind off Hotaru. Nodding slightly, Heero stood up and walked over towards his laptop, and began booking them their flight. Having that taken care of, Heero grew restless and decided to hack into the airport's files. He reached the passenger list of their plane and his eyebrow rose when he read a name. Quickly searching for the person, he noted that the record showed that every Saturday morning, the person flew to New York, and then flew back on Sunday night. Trowa's voice/thoughts interrupted his search for more information. "Heero, you might want to come back to the kitchen. Quarte has told us about his plan, and we need your decision." Closing his laptop, Heero stood up and strode to the kitchen. Upon getting there, he saw that they were all seated around the table, so he took the vacant seat. Remembering that Heero needed to be filled in, Quarte gave him a compressed version of his plan.

"Heero, the four of us have decided to try out for the opening act and the group that will tour with the girls. We feel like it would be a great chance to talk to them and make up. Anyway, if we were already a music group, and had a company supporting us, then it would be much easier for us to enter the competition, and win. So, my plan is that we go to New York and start practicing at our songs. I can probably get a record company to back us up, so it should be okay. We need five people…will you join us?" Leaning back in his chair, Heero closed his eyes briefly, wondering if he would ever see Hotaru again. Making up his mind, his eyes opened. Duo looked at him expectantly. "So, are you coming with us?" he asked, voice full of hope and energy. "Are you going to help us get our onnas back?" Wufei asked. "Will you come with us?" Quarte asked. Standing up and walking to the door, he turned around and announced, "You better start packing. The plane takes off at 8 in the morning. I suggest that we wake up at 5. That gives up one hour to get ready, one hour to get to the airport, and one hour to get past the security, baggage problems, and board the plane."

***On the plane***

"What would you like to drink?" The kind stewardess asked the three boys. Heero had managed to book them seats next to each other…however, each row only held three seats, so Heero and Trowa sat in the aisle across from them. Quarte politely woke Duo up, and the stewardess once again repeated her question. "I'd like some coffee, and then some coke, or other form of caffeine." Duo sleepily answered her. The waitress handed Quarte his tea, Duo his coffee and soft drink, and Wufei his water. As Duo easily downed the scalding hot liquid, he slammed the cup back down on the tray, now completely awake. He took the cup filled with ice and popped a piece into his mouth, to try to revive his burning throat. As he felt the pain leave, he stared out the window, eagerly waiting to see Usagi again. Trowa cleared his mind, and then began focusing on Duo. "My friend, I understand that you wish to see her again, but you must remember that none of us slept much last night, so sleeping now would be a good idea." Duo leaned over. "As if I can sleep now! Anyway, I'm still have my coffee to keep me awake!" he cheerfully answered.

***At the hotel***

"The appointment is at three, so that gives up some time. Is there anything that you would like to do?" Quarte asked. Duo told him, "I want to eat Lunch somewhere, and then go to sleep…I'm tired." Rolling his eyes, Wufei retorted, "Figures."

They got back to the hotel and split up. Duo went straight to his room in the suite, Trowa picked up another book and sat next to the window, Quarte was on the phone talking to the manager, Wufei was meditating, and Heero was researching more things in his laptop.

***Duo's Dream***

"Whoa…this is really spooky." Duo muttered, as he wandered around the room. Kneeling down, he used his hands to move the mist on the ground, so that he saw the floor. Surprised to see black marble, he got back up and continued walking forward. The instant, a silver blade was thrust towards his neck. Feeling a strange power within him, his hand shot out and something materialized in his hand. Without thinking, he swung the object and blocked the attack. The figure he was fighting laughed heartily…and Duo recognized the voice. "I should have known it was you. Besides, this is your palace, after all." Duo looked at the cloaked figure. "Take off your hood." Duo commanded. The figure holding the scythe did as he was told, and pulled back the hood, revealing what could pass for his twin, except that his hair had purple streaks in it. Wondering out loud, Duo asked, "Who are you?" Chuckling, the figure answered, "I am you. Or, the past, or future you, if you want to be more precise. I am here to revive some of your memories." Duo cocked his head. "I'm going crazy…" The figure rolled his eyes and stepped forward. Lifting the edge of the staff towards Duo, he let go, letting it float. "Take it." He commanded. Duo nimbly reached forward and his fingers curved around the cold metal staff. Instantly, millions of memories, pictures, voices, and habits flooded his brain. The light died down, and Duo looked down at himself, startled to see himself dressed in his royal robes. Looking back up, he raised an eyebrow, wondering where his past and future self had gone. Shrugging, he walked forward, only to fall down in a black hole.

Sitting straight up in his bed, Duo's eyes readjusted to the light, namely, the sun streaming into the room. Groggily rubbing his eyes, he staggered into the bathroom, intending to wash his face. Not seeing straight, he ran straight into the wall, missing the doorframe by a few inches. Cursing, he turned on the faucet, and splashed the water into his face. Wiping his dripping face with a towel, his eyes wandered forward, to the mirror. Upon seeing his reflection, he rubbed his eyes once more. Seeing no change in his appearance, Duo reached behind and pulled his braid forward, to examine it. Raising another eyebrow, he noticed that the purple highlights were starting to show. Sighing, he wondered how he would be able to explain this to the other pilots. A sudden light adverted his attention from his hair to his forehead. To his horror, his planet symbol was glowing more brightly than before. Unlike his sister, his planet symbol glowed black, and the symbol was altered slightly. A lopsided smile filled his face as he remembered his dear sister. He flung the towel behind his back, not caring where it landed, and walked out. The sooner he talked to the others, the better, he reasoned. When he reached the main room, his eyes widened in shock.

Quarte had hung up the phone when a sudden feeling of exhaustion swept through him. Wordlessly, he collapsed on the couch, falling in deep slumber.

***Quarte's Dream***

He found himself in a well-lit room, a throne room to be precise. The figure sitting in the throne lifted his head, and heard Quarte's soft gasp. "Are you surprised to see me?" He asked. Shaking his head, Quarte answered, "I just figured that I would never live to see the day when I am talking to myself…" Laughing, the figure held up the Sun Staff and pushed it into Quarte's hand. "Remember, Prince." Yellow light erupted from the staff, making Quarte shield his eyes with one hand. When the light died down, a prince, clad in armor, stood tall, grasping the Sun Staff in his right hand. "Thank you." He whispered to himself, as everything started to fade.

Quarte bolted straight up. "Was that just a dream?" He wondered silently. Seeing his reflection in the teapot, Quarte's eyes stared unbelieving at the symbol on his forehead. As thoughts filled his head, he failed to acknowledge that the other three occupants of the room were starting to awaken.

Wufei was meditating, but unconsciously was drifting off to sleep. His posture relaxed, and his back slouched a bit. When he fell asleep, his body fell backwards, slightly. However, the couch that was located behind him supported his weight, letting him lean on it.

***Wufei's Dream***

Wufei was fighting a masked fighter that held a very interesting sword. It had a gold and emerald handle, and engraved in it, was the design of a dragon. The dragon's eyes were rubies, and it breathed out fire. The figure stopped fighting, as it held out the sword towards him. Curious, he reached forward and held it by the hilt. A symbol appeared on his forehead as he remembered his past. Slowly floating back down to the ground, Wufei's eyes opened, taking a good look at his opponent, who was taking off his mask. Wufei scoffed at discovering his identity. "It figures that the only person that can beat me is myself from the past…"

As Trowa was reading his book, his eyelids grew heavy, and they closed, allowing him rest. The book fell from his limp grasp, and landed softly on the floor. His head rested on the window next to him as he dreamed…

Heero's fingers moved rapidly over the keyboard, retrieving as much information as he could. Looking over his laptop screen, he noticed that the other three pilots had fallen asleep as well. "Not a bad idea myself…" He thought. Saving his work and putting his laptop in stand by, he wandered over towards the balcony and stepped out, allowing himself to collapse on the cushioned chair.

Unlike the other pilots, Heero's dream took the least time, and he awoke within ten minutes. Looking around, he saw the other three pilots glowing their respective colors. Leaning back in his chair, he smiled inwardly, thankful that they had been in each other's company without knowing it…for it would make their journey much easier. True, the personalities of a person depends solely on how they were raised and treated, but strangely, things didn't really change. In the Silver Millennium, he was brought up to be a soldier, to protect the others from the prophesied war that Sailor Pluto foresaw. Shaking his head slightly, he thought it ironic that the cliché that many people said was actually quite true. Some things never change…

Trowa awoke and his eyes scanned the room, wondering how long he was asleep. His eyes fell on Heero, who was typing at his laptop, Quarte, who was staring at the teapot, and Wufei, who was meditating. Clearing his mind, he attempted to speak to them. "Friends, I am sorry to trouble you all right now, but we need to abort our mission…we have a long journey ahead of us." Quarte turned his head towards him, and Trowa wasn't surprised to see that his symbol had not faded. Wufei got up and nodded, while Heero shut down his laptop. Just then, the door opened, revealing the pilot of Deathscythe Hell.

"You're starting to change, Duo." Quarte remarked. Duo pulled his braid in front of him and shrugged. "I guess I have. You all remember." He stated. He walked towards the center of the room, where all the others were assembled. Heero spoke up. "We do not have to necessarily abort the mission. I have a feeling that the journey will unravel itself as the days pass. We have plenty of time."

"You're time is running out."

All the pilots turned their heads towards the window, the source of the new voice. Lightly leaping from the windowsill, the guardians landed softly on the floor. A small green dragon approached Wufei. (Think Mushu from Mulan!) "The time has come, and…" "The rift has opened." Completed the lion that was seated in front of Trowa. The black falcon that was resting on Duo's shoulder added, "The destined battle has begun again. We need to seal it away for another millennia." The labrador retriever standing by Quarte nodded. Eyes searching for his friend, Heero asked, "Where is…" Noting his gaze towards the window, the dog answered, "He's out searching for the other guardians…but not to awaken them." Understanding blossomed in Heero's mind. "We won't be helping them."

Getting the contract for their group was no big deal for Quarte, for a little bribing helped as well. Getting ready, the boys headed out the door, with a falcon flying overhead, a dog beside them, a dragon on Wufei's shoulders, and a lion sauntering close by. Heero looked back at the mansion. As his attention was turned back on the group, he remembered that lions and falcons were not common in New York. Calling everyone back, he reminded the others of their slight problem. The guardians smirked, as a bright light covered them. When the light faded, four watches hovered in the air. Walking over to their own watch, the four boys let it clasp itself to their own wrist. They had their audition to attend.

***At the auditorium***

Setsuna, Minako, Rei, and Usagi were sitting in the front row, while their lead singer was standing in the middle of the stage once more. The balconies were filled, all ten levels.

"We welcome all of you. Again, I must thin out this competition. If you do not have an agent or a company supporting you, I regrettably must ask you to leave." At that comment, a rather rude person retorted, "YEAH RIGHT!" The cloaked figure frowned slightly. Meanwhile, the four girls had run up on the stage, to defend their fellow band member. "She really does regret that many of you cannot try out! She means what she says, and she doesn't say anything she doesn't mean!" Usagi replied. The figure's eyes narrowed dangerously, though none could see it, for the hood was once more shading her face. "Please leave. It seems to me that you have something against me already, so I do not believe it would be pleasant to tour with you. Please leave." Her voice was icy and cold, dripping with venom, so unlike what everyone else was used to. Raising their eyebrows, the other four girls looked at her, surprised. "You should never judge a firefly by her appearance." She quietly whispered. Minako grinned. "So you really like your new name?" She asked. Firefly smirked, though no one could see that as well, as she recalled the previous meeting.

***Flashback***

The five singers were sitting at a round table. The door opened and the manager entered, carrying a lot of paperwork. "We still need your name. The company needs your name." He explained. The cloaked figure scoffed. "Yeah, right! I released a single without having to give my name. Like I said before, I'm sure you can come up with something." Setsuna looked over at the girl. "You remind me of someone…" Catching on, Rei added, "Do you mind if we come up with your name? I mean…it can just be a nickname." Turing her head to look at Rei, the girl waited. Usagi blurted out, "How about Firefly? You remind us of one of our old friends." Looking back at the manager, she answered, "So be it."

***End of Flashback***

Though several groups left, there were still a lot of people still left. Sighing, the five girls walked back down, and sat at their tables once more. The manager peered over their shoulders, and looked at the ratings that the groups got. In front of each girl were pieces of paper, with the name of the group they personally liked. Looking down at Minako's list, he inwardly cringed as he saw almost every single group listed. It got better as he walked onward. Usagi being a bit better, Rei being manageable, Setsuna being reasonable, and Firefly being very selective with her choices. So selective in fact, that none of the groups had the privilege of getting their name on her paper. Glancing uneasily at Firefly, he watched as she twirled her still sharpened pencil in her hand, as she listened to yet another group sing more sappy love song. "Something wrong?" He asked. The person cloaked in purple replied, "This isn't what I'm looking for. The opening group needs to set the mood…this coming concert will not be a concert that many will be able to understand. This concert will be what the other girls need." Pausing and taking a last look at the group, she added, "I need to make another announcement."

"I understand that you all want to choose the songs that you will open my concert with. I still believe that every single one of you should sing songs as he or she sees fit, according to their life. So, I must ask more of you to leave. If your song contains lyrics of profanity, I must ask you to leave…I for one do not wish to have that atmosphere for my concert…" Her announcement lasted for another few minutes, and when she was done, she sat back down. The other four girls looked at her in surprise. "I apologize for narrowing the crowd, but I still firmly stand in my decision. I know what I am doing, trust me." She claimed. Reaching in her purse, she pulled out four disks, and handed them to her fellow singers. "These contain the lyrics to the songs that I was hoping to sing at the concert. Perhaps if you read them over, you might understand better." She explained. The manager, nodded, realizing her silent requests, and came back with four laptops. Setting them in front of the four girls, he left, to go grab his own Lunch. Each of the ex-assassins turned on their laptop, and popped the disk in, ready to read. Firefly walked back up to the stage, and was surprised to see that only a few groups were left. "It is time for Lunch. We will resume this audition in one and a half hours." Getting back down, she told the girls, "You can leave for Lunch now."

Duo looked at Heero. "The songs that we are going to sing are too happy and too perfect for her taste. She specifically said not to sing any songs that involved a perfect relationship, or one that suggested that everything would be okay. She said that it would offset the mood. What are we going to do?" The other boys looked at Heero for an answer. "We sing from the heart. We'll work out something during lunch."

***At the restaurant where the boys are eating***

"Beep. Beep. Beep." Heero took a quick glance at the beeping watches, and pointed to them. Understanding the signal, the other four pilots got up and walked outside.

After transforming into the eternal protectors, the boys teleported to the park. There, they saw Jadeite battling four senshi. "How many times do I have to kill you?" Muttered Mars, with clenched teeth. With mock hurt, Jadeite replied, "Now, is that a way to talk to your fiancé?" Glaring heavily at the general, Pluto retorted, "You were never her real fiancé to begin with! You just tricked the king and queen into the deal! YOU TRAITOR!" Eyes blazing, Mars added, "IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT HE DIED! NOW I'LL KILL YOU AGAIN!" Clearly frightened by Sailor Mars's outburst, Jadeite tried his hardest not to show it. Before Mars could attack him, he teleported out, leaving behind two monsters, one visible, one hidden. Still angry, Sailor Mars powered up and launched her attack at the enemy. "Mars Flame Sniper!" Blinking at the easy defeat, Sailor Moon walked over to where the monster used to lay, and noted, "That was too easy."

Duo's eyes scanned the area, looking for more possible threats. Normally, if he were transformed, he would be running towards Usagi, but when he was transformed, he knew where his place was. Trained to be a fighter, all the pilots learned control, and their priorities, even though some didn't show it during every day living. Eyes catching the cleverly hidden monster, he telepathically made his found secret known to the others. Summoning his scythe, he saw Quarte summon his Sun Staff, and Wufei his sword out of the corner of his eye. Without a doubt, he knew that Trowa and Heero were getting their own weapons ready. Just as the monster rushed forward to attack, and just as the protectors were about to stop it, another attack was uttered, stopping everyone's plans. The pilots quickly retreated back into the shadows.

"World Shaking!" "Neptune Deep Submerge!" "Jupiter Oak Evolution!" "Mercury Aqua Mirage!" The four attacks bombarded the monster, killing it on the spot. Eyes widening with shock and glee, Sailor Moon ran forward to embrace her fellow senshi. Many greetings and questions were exchanged. After a few moments, Uranus noted that their adopted daughter was missing. "Where's Saturn?" She questioned. Mercury glanced around. "Did she even bother to show up?" Jupiter spat, "I know that she has her memories back, because Luna told us that everyone's memories were revived. I wouldn't worry about her, Neptune. She's probably a traitor." Trowa couldn't stand it anymore. Cousin or not, he refused to let his blood relative bad-mouth his friend. Walking out of the shadows, he commanded Makoto, "You will stop talking about Saturn like that." Shocked at seeing her cousin there, Makoto hastily retorted, "Oh yeah? Well, what would you know?" Unable to control his temper, Duo ran out as well. "We would know a lot, more than you would." Uranus glared for all it was worth at the two boys. "How dare you try to defend our fellow senshi! You try to act like you're the good guys by defending her, but you still haven't introduced yourself. If you don't within the next 30 seconds, I won't hesitate to hurt you, for you are the enemy." Quarte stepped out as well, wishing to calm his cousin's anger. Seeing that three of his comrades had already abandoned their position in the shadows, Wufei left as well, leaving Heero to follow.

"I am Prince Triton, Protector, cousin of the crown princess of Jupiter, and my civilian name is Trowa Barton."

"I am Prince Quarte of the Sun, Protector, cousin to the crown princess of Uranus, and my civilian name is Quarte Rababera Winner."

"I am Prince Wufei of the Draco constellation stars, and my civilian name is Chang Wufei." (A/N: The Draco Constellation is the constellation of dragons, lol)

"I am the God of Death, Shinigami, twin brother to the crown princess of Saturn, and my civilian name is Duo Maxwell."

Taking a look at Heero whom was still silent, Uranus questioned, "Who are you?" Glaring at Uranus, he answered, "Prince Odin. Heero Yuy. The rest is none of your business." Trowa spoke up next. "Now that you know who we are, I would like my cousin to know that Saturn is anything but a traitor to you all. I would know." Duo nodded, adding, "Both of us can sense her thoughts. Trowa, because of his telepathic abilities, and me, because of my link that I hold with her."

"That was a touching reunion." Scoffed Jadeite, who decided to reappear. Rolling her eyes, Mars retorted, "Won't you ever leave us alone?" Still acting hurt, he asked, "Does that mean that you don't love me anymore?" A soft growl erupted from Wufei's throat and his eyes narrowed, as he prepared his sword for his attack. Still slightly angry from the remarks made about his sister, Duo was already charged up. "Death Slice!" Before Jadeite could counter attack, Duo received a telepathic message. Charging up, he softly whispered "Sibling Ultimate Destroy." Only known to Duo, another voice uttered the same words, but from farther away. Feeling the added power enter his scythe, he swung it at the general, injuring him greatly. As the other senshi and protectors got ready to attack again, the pitiful general teleported away. Upset by his cowardly actions, Wufei punched the ground. Quarte noticed his bleeding hand, so he raised his staff high in the air. "I call upon the powers of the Sun, grant me your light and energy." Instantly, rays of light entered his staff, which was now glowing a faint yellow color. Tilting it towards Wufei, he let it hover above his hand, and it healed his wound. The sailor senshi stood with their mouths slightly open, in awe. "I thought that Sailor Saturn was the only one who can heal!" Sailor Moon exclaimed. Duo shook his head. "The moment that we became protectors, we inherited the added ability. The only restriction is that we cannot heal ourselves, so others must heal us. The only exception was Saturn and I, for the children of Saturn are naturally gifted with the ability." Heero silenced Duo from saying more and turned to walk away. The other pilots followed, but took a quick look back towards the object of their affection. Sighing, the sailor scouts turned and walked the opposite direction, de-transforming. Unknown to them all, a cloaked figure had witnessed the entire battle, and heard the dialogue after.

***Back at the auditions***

"Have you read over the lyrics?" Firefly questioned. Getting nods from the other singers, she got up and walked back up the stage. Sighing inwardly, she thanked the heavens that she wouldn't have to give announcements ever again…hopefully. "Welcome back. We will continue now."

The manager made another round when they were down to the last two groups that wanted to audition. Noting the late time, he hoped that it wouldn't take longer. Seeing that Minako's list had many groups crossed out, he was happy that he list was now cut in half. The same went for the other three girls. Finally getting to Firefly's paper, he raised an eyebrow. "I hate to say this, but if you have no one else written down, the band that the other girls choose will become the band that opens and tours with you." Firefly nodded stiffly, and then added, "I understand, but there has not been a group that has caught my eye yet."

"Yo, Q-man! We're next!" Duo happily exclaimed. Rolling his eyes, Wufei retorted, "We're the only ones left that need to audition, Maxwell." Sweat-dropping, Duo scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, well, I couldn't tell, with all the people waiting, you know."

The boys walked up the stage, and were met by confused stares, courtesy of Usagi, Rei, Setsuna, and Minako. Wufei sat behind the drums, Quarte took the keyboard, Trowa reached for the sound box grabbed the electric guitar, and Heero took the other. All had Microphones that were set up to where they wouldn't have to hold them. The cloaked figure looked straight into Heero's eyes, and for a split second, Heero swore that he saw her face, uncovered by the shadows. The guys took a deep breath, and then Wufei counted off the beats. (This song is "Next Time," By BBMak. Don't worry, for the concert, we will have everything ranging from BSB, to Linkin Park, to Aerosmith, and then to N'Sync, including some others! I just picked this song cause I like the lyrics, okay?)

Heero: I lie awake and die

I try but can't deny

That I can't make it without her

I can't forget the day, I let her slip away

And I'm still dreaming about her

Can a heart forgive

Cuz I just can't live without her

All: The next time you see my girl

Won't you say that I, I will die, I would die to hold her

The next time you see my girl

Won't you tell her I love her

The next time you see me girl

Maybe the next time, mm hmm

Quarte: I walk the streets at night

See lovers passing by

And it's all a reminder

Of what it used to be

When she was here with me

I only wish I could find her

Duo: Did she disappear

Cause I'm waiting right here for her

All: The next time you see my girl

Won't you say that I, I will die, I would die to hold her

The next time you see my girl

Won't you tell her I love her

The next time you see me girl

Maybe the next time, mm hmm

Wufei: I close my eyes

I see her face and I realize

Trowa: Right in front of me, I had it all but I set her free

So next time you see my girl

Oh, won't you tell her that I'm sorry

And tell her that I love her

Duo: The next time you see my baby

All (Harmonizing): The next time you see my girl

Won't you say that I, I will die, I would die to hold her

The next time you see my girl

Won't you tell her I love her

The next time you see me girl

Maybe the next time, mm hmm

All (Ab libing): The next time you see my girl

Won't you say that I, I will die, I would die to hold her

The next time you see my girl

Won't you tell her I love her

The next time you see me girl

Maybe the next time, mm hmm

As the song closed, many of the other groups sitting down clapped, while the four girls added their group to their list, for personal reasons, and for the obvious reason that they were good. The manager looked expectantly at Firefly. She stood up and asked, "Will you sing another song?" Duo turned towards the others, and shrugged. Quarte whispered, "But we don't have another song prepared!" Wufei snorted. "Let's just play something and the words will come. It always has, anyway." Nodding, Duo decided, "I'll go first, and then when you feel like singing, just cut in." (This song is "On Bended Knee")

Duo: Darling I, I can't explain

Where did we lose our love,

`girl it's driving me insane.

An I know I just need one more chance,

To prove my love to you.

And if you come back to me,

I'll guarantee,

That I'll never let you go.

All: Can we go back to the days

Our love was strong

Can you tell me how

A perfect love goes wrong

Can somebody tell me

How to get things back

The way they used to be

Oh God, give me the reason

I'm down on bended knee.

Wufei: I'll never walk again

Until you come back to me

I'm down on bended knee

Trowa: So many nights I dream of you

Holding my pillow tight I know

That I don't need to be alone

When I open up my eyes

To face reality

Every moment without you

It seems like eternity

I'm begging you, begging you

Come back to me

All: Can we go back to the days

Our love was strong

Can you tell me how

A perfect love goes wrong

Can somebody tell me

How to get things back

The way they used to be

Oh God, give me the reason

I'm down on bended knee.

Quarte: Baby, I'm sorry

Please forgive me for all the wrong I've done

Please come back home girl

I know you put all your trust in me

I'm sorry I let you down

Please forgive me

Heero: I'm gonna swallow my pride

Say I'm sorry

Stop pointing fingers

The blame is on me

I want a new life

And I want it with you

If you feel the same

Don't ever let it go

You gotta believe in the spirit of love

It will heal all things

Won't hurt any more

No I don't believe our love's terminal

I'm down in my knees

Begging you please

Come home.

All: Can we go back to the days

Our love was strong

Can you tell me how

A perfect love goes wrong

Can somebody tell me

How to get things back

The way they used to be

Oh God, give me the reason

I'm down on bended knee.

All: Can we go back to the days

Our love was strong

Can you tell me how

A perfect love goes wrong

Can somebody tell me

How to get things back

The way they used to be

Oh God, give me the reason

I'm down on bended knee.

Quarte: Baby, I'm sorry

Please forgive me for all the wrong I've done

Please come back home girl

I know you put all your trust in me

I'm sorry I let you down

Please forgive me

Wufei: Wanna build a new life

Just you and me

Gonna make you my wife (A/N: ^^ yeah, this is actually the lyric to this song, I just had to have Wufei sing this line, lol)

Raise a family

All: Can we go back to the days

Our love was strong

Can you tell me how

A perfect love goes wrong

Can somebody tell me

How to get things back

The way they used to be

Oh God, give me the reason

I'm down on bended knee.

The applause was even louder than the first time, and the manager was pleased to see that on the four girl's lists, all the other bands have been erased and scratched off. The boys walked off the stage and walked to their seats. Standing up, Firefly faced the other groups. "The group has been decided. That you for all showing interest with touring with us, however, not all of you can tour with us. We will contact the group that got the place tonight. Thank you, and have a pleasant day."

***At Quarte's mansion***

"That was really good singing!" Duo's falcon complimented. Smiling lopsidedly, Duo added, "The second song was totally made up! I still can't believe that we pulled it off!" Quarte was seated on the couch; the phone had been glued to his hand ever since they got back. "Relax, Quarte." Advised the labrador. Releasing his grip on the phone, Quarte set it on the table. That moment, the phone rang, making nine heads turn towards it. "Pick it up." Suggested the lion. Reaching forward with his hand, Quarte lifted it up to his ear and nervously pushed the on button. "Hello?" He meekly whispered. The first words that he heard were, "You're a Winner!" Frowning, he thought, "I know…I have always been a Winner all my life…" (A/N: This is a pun, by the way. Remember that Quarte's last name is Winner.) After listening to a few more sentences, he slammed down the phone, much to the surprise of the other occupants of the room. "It was an advertisement for a Hawaii trip." He explained. Duo rolled his eyes. "Figures." He muttered. The phone rang once more. Seeing that no one else reached for it, Heero raised an eyebrow and picked it up.

"Hn."

"Is this Heero Yuy?" A feminine voice asked.

"Hn."

"Good. I am Firefly, and your group has been accepted. Come to the meeting that is to take place next week. More details will be mailed to your address. Thank you and goodbye."

Ending the call, Heero looked at Quarte. "We're in." As the words slowly sunk in, Quarte whispered, "Minako…"

***At Hotaru's mansion***

Hotaru watched the news that night, a small smile forming at her mouth. As she walked into her room, she passed by Jacob's pictured frame. She slightly frowned at the thought of not being able to take care of Jacob for three months, for it was summer, and his was going to take a vacation. Her eyes wandered towards her open suitcases, and noted that she had yet to pack her weapons, hair dyes, color contacts, and the raw materials for her sleeping gases and bombs. Sighing, she started gathering things together.

***The next day***

Hotaru got out of the airplane and found the baggage claim area. Paying for a cart, she lugged her 19 oversized suitcases towards the taxis. A little while later, she stepped out and looked around. "Another home…another life."

END

A/N: Concert next chapter! The long awaited chapter! I am so sorry that I have taken so long to get this chapter out! Grrr…..it's so late now, I don't suppose dear Onii-chan is still awake, nor Rouge Angel, nor my other favorite authors…sniff sniff. Anyway, I'll be sure to check the reviews, so review! ^_^ It makes me so much happier, it really does…