Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Love in All the Wrong Places ❯ The Newcomers ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sadly, I do not own Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing.

(I made Mina's personality a bit more fun…just so you know. Sailor Senshi time is over and all the scouts are living out their lives normally. Some of the scouts are included in the story but Mina pretty much made new friends.)

***********************Chapter One********************************

Sunlight crept over her face and she jerked awake. She glanced frantically around her room until her eyes settled on the alarm clock. Her eyes went wide with shock as she realized the time. It was two hours after her school had started. Mina cussed her brother out silently for being such an ass. She already knew he was the one who did it. It was always him, but her parent didn't see that. Yes, Mina lived with her father, Ted, and brother, Nick.

She stuffed her wallet between her teeth as she put on her black Dicki pants and whit tank top that said, "slowly, one by one, the penguins steal my sanity." It was her favorite. She hated those uncomfortable, fluffy, cowboy-looking shirts girls were wearing lately. She brushed her long blond hair, which fell perfectly into place like those Pantene Pro-V girls. Mina had worked long and hard for her hair by never blow-drying or curling it. She put on her black eyeliner, glitter eye shadow, and she glossed her lips. She hurriedly put on her Etnies and grabbed her skateboard. Once outside, she sent it rolling and jumped on. Two strokes with her right foot, then she pumped, moving her knees from side to side.

She curved down the front sidewalk, bumping over the bricks. And just before reaching the front steps, she turned a High Ollie and landed on the thick iron banister. She tail slid down the rail, and then bent her knees to cushion her landing.

"Awesome," she breathed, impressed with herself.

She jetted down the middle of the street, toward Brinkley High School. She dodged the traffic and eased up as she reached the black top. She stepped of her board and stuffed it, as best she could, into her backpack. She quickly walked to her third period class. The teacher gave her a dirty look as she sat down in her seat.

She smiled at her best guy friend who sat conveniently across from her. His black, short, messy-curly hair was perfect as usual. He was wearing a black Levi jacket and a green shirt with the shadow of a rat on it and he wore jeans. He was hot, as usual. Mina had liked him more than a friend for the two years she'd known him, but was afraid to admit it. Then she smelled the coffee and looked down at his hands. He held a paper cup of Starbucks coffee.

She considered. What did she have to lose?

"Give me a sip," she said.

He smiled, showing his perfectly white teeth, and handed over the cup. She swallowed the sweetened brew.

"This is good," She said as she pulled the cup away from her mouth.

"Why are you so late?" He whispered to her so the teacher wouldn't hear.

She took another sip and this time let the warm coffee linger in her mouth.

"Ass-Hole brother," she muttered to him, handing back the coffee.

He took it and laughed, "Oh."

"Daniel and Mina," The teacher shouted from the front of the class, "I would like to teach in silence."

Dan cleared his throat and sarcastically apologized. After another period, it was finally time for lunch, Mina's favorite class. Justin and Cyndi tossed their cigarettes away as Dan and Mina came toward them. The group was munching on chips, pizza, soda and whatever else the cafeteria provided for them.

"Hey Mina," Britt wrapped her arms around Mina's neck in a hug. "Where were you this morning?"

"Brother messed with my alarm clock," Mina said as she took the Pepsi Brian was holding.

"Hey," Brian towered over her as she stood in front of him. "You wanna start somethin'?" He playfully took Mina's hat and held it above her. She jumped to get it, but he was too tall. Dan came to her rescue and got it back for her.

"Mina." Britt nudged her shoulder to get her attention. "Have you seen the new guys?'

Mina cocked an eyebrow. "Nope."

"Total hotties." Britt looked around, obviously looking for them. " We only have science with them. So sad…but true." Then she looked as if she had won the lottery. "There." She pointed to a group of five guys. All cute, Mina had to admit, but they were all so quiet and solemn. Except for the one with the braid, he was busy flirting.

Heero Yuy looked up from his lab top for a moment and caught the eye of a girl with long, blond hair staring at them. Their eyes locked for a second and then he turned his attention back to his lab top.

Sara Nelson came over the group. She was a total slut, always flirting with Dan. Of course Mina was jealous, the girl never kept her hands off him. The rest of the group hated her to, except Dan.

"What the hell do you want?" Justin tossed his soda into the trashcan.

She gave him one of her looks and then turned to Dan, "Come hang out with me for a while." She smiled, took his hand, and led him towards her group. She didn't even give him time to say yes or no. One day Mina was going to kick her big, fat…

Britt interrupted her thoughts, "You should spend the night at my house tonight."

"Yeah, sure" Mina said, still watching Sara and Dan.

Mina's dad has no right to even be called her father. He abuses her at times, verbally and physically. She hated him and her wannabe brother. She had run away several times but the police always found her. Now, she mostly stayed at her friend's houses, just to get away from her family.

She played with the ring Dan had given her in the 7th grade. It had almost been four years.

"There's a dance this Saturday night at RaVe," She pulled out her make-up from her bag as she continued, "You guys game?"

Everyone agreed and Mina volunteered to ask Daniel later.

"Hell no," Britt said to her, "If he wants to hang out with the slut, let him."

Mina laughed at her just as the bell had begun to ring.

"Meet me by my car!" Britt shouted as she ran the other way.

Britt had always lied about her age so she could drive, and her Mom let her.

Mina ditched the next period and hid out in the bathroom. Three girls sharing a cigarette in a stall turned and starred at her. The girl next to Mina stopped brushing her long, sun-streaked hair. The girl began to giggle.

"What's your problem?" Mina glared at her.

The girl stopped laughing, picked up her lipstick and hairbrush and began to walk away.

"Wait," Mina called to the girl who was slinking away from her.

She stopped and tentatively looked back, her finger nervously stroking her earring.

Mina tilted her head an smiled." I need some make-up. Do you have any I can borrow?" Silly question, she thought. The girls' eyes were caked with purple eye shadow and edged with harsh black lines, lips outlined with brown and glowing with too much gloss, and her cheeks were brilliant shocks of color. She looked like she owned enough make-up to paint graffiti one the side of a gymnasium wall.

The girl nodded and pulled a large blue case from her oversized purse. "My mother says it's unsanitary to share make-up," she said, trying to argue. She seemed intimidated by Mina.

Mina glanced at her, "Do I look like I can give you anything?" And she was right, Mina was stunningly beautiful, a real knockout. She rarely ever wore make-up and just because she lives in a trashy house, doesn't mean she doesn't have good hygiene.

The girl considered, and then handed over her make-up bag.

"What's your name?" Mina asked her while she drew black eye shadow on her eyelids.

"Valerie," she answered, looking at her oddly. "I'm new here."

"Well Val," Mina already created a nickname for her. " There's a dance the Saturday night at RaVe. Wanna come?"

"Sure," Val said smiling. "Could you give me a ride?"

"Yeah." Mine grabbed a pen from her backpack and had Val write her address on her hand.

Mina smiled at her as she walked to the three girls at the opposite end of the bathroom. She gingerly took the cigarette from the girl, took a puff, threw it to the ground, and stepped on it.

"What's your fucking problem?" said one of the girls.

"Cigarettes are bad for you." Mina picked up her backpack and started out to the hallway with a confident swing in her hips. Val walked next to her. They turned down an outside corridor. When they passed room 103, four guys leaned in the doorway.

"Hey Mina," The first one shouted

"Hey Jeremy," Mina waved to them. She recognized him and the others.

"Looking fine," another one added.

"Thanks," she answered, and watched the other two admire her.

Mina slumped against the wall that held the geometry class, one her least favorite.

She noticed one class was outside on the grass, reading…how boring… then she noticed four girls standing in the sunlight staring at her. "What's up with them?"

"Remember Michael?" Val said to her.

"Yeah we've spoken…"

"The one with long brown heir has a major crush on him. I heard they were planning on jumping you."

Mina smiled. Those girls were so stupid, they had no idea what Mina could do to them.

"Excuse me ladies," a teacher made her way toward them. "Don't you have a class to go to?" She cocked an eyebrow.

"We…" Val began, but she couldn't think of a story.

"Our teacher kicked us out of class for talking." Mina smiled at her great idea.

The teacher gave a haughty turn and walked off. At that moment the bell rang and Dan came out of the classroom.

"Hey Mina." He smiled at her. "If you skip so many periods, what's the point in coming to school?"

"I have nothing better to do." She glanced at his sensual lips and bit her own. One day she would kiss him, and then everything would be perfect.

"You'll never learn will you?" he ran a hand through his wild black hair. " You're going to science right? Britt will be disappointed that you turned down the chance to scope out the new guys." They both laughed at this.

"No, I'll pass."

"All right, I'll call you later."

"See ya."

Mina began walking towards the parking lot after she said goodbye to Val

So what do you think? Please share your thoughts on the guest book-thingy. I got to know what you think of it so far.