Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Love in All the Wrong Places ❯ Family Problems ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing… but I wish I did.

***************************Chapter Two*****************************

With her nose ring glittering in the sun, Mina waited patiently in Britt's black convertible BMW. Britt's family was really well off. Her mom designed clothes for celebrities. Britt had the best sense of style in the school. She always gave Mina some of her clothes since Mina's dad was too lazy to go and buy some for her. Mina waited in silence until Britt arrived forty minutes later.

"Damn I hate science," Britt muttered as she brushed her hair away from her face and climbed into the font seat. "We're giving Dan a ride home, hope you don't mind." She smiled at Mina.

A shadow stretched over her and she turned with a jerk. Dan smiled down at her. He had taken his shirt off. Tattoos decorated his tan arms.

"Hey Mina, Britt," he said as he swung his backpack into the backseat and climbed in.

"Hi Dan." She tried to keep the excitement from her voice, but her heart was beating wildly. She wondered if he could tell how much she liked him.

"You Okay?" She caught the scent of spicy deodorant before he put his green shirt back on.

"Sure." She breathed deeply, disappointed that he had put his shirt back on. " So what happened in science?" She tucked her hair behind her ear.

"I got to scope out the guys." Britt's smile went wide. "And we have a word search thing due next week and it has to contain all the parts of the atom."

"We can do it tonight." Mina said when she got the best idea for the assignment.

Britt raised an eyebrow and looked confuse. "Mina? Wanting to do homework?" She made a grunting sound and said, "yeah, right."

Mina smiled, adjusted her sunglasses and turned on the c.d player. It was Evanescence, her favorite band. They drove the rest of the way to Dan's in silence. Once there, Dan got out of the car and thanked them.

"See ya," Mina said as she watched him disappear behind the front door.

Britt drove off towards her house. "You're pathetic."

"Excuse me?" Mine set her arm on the windowsill and glared at her.

"Everyone knows you like Dan, except Dan." She turned off the radio.

"I'm waiting for the right moment," Mina said, turning the radio back on.

Britt parked the car in front of Blockbuster and got out. " The right moment is now. Get him before Sara does…unless… you want to go after one of the new guys."

Mina busted out laughing. She would never chase after one of those guys for Dan. She browsed the movies for something she liked.

"What?" Britt knew Mina was making fun of her now. " For your information, those guys are really cool."

"Don't you mean creepy?" Laurel turned serious. " They hardly talk to anyone… maybe they're physcos and they want to kill everyone."

"Or maybe they're all Hannibal Lector in another life," Britt added in to make fun.

"Or maybe they're aliens."

"Or secret agents." Britt added.

"Or hit men." They laughed at their crazy ideas.

"Almost right," A voice came from behind them.

They turned around to find the new guy with the braid eavesdropping on them. Both girls were stunned. They didn't know what to say.

"Name's Duo Maxwell." He smiled at them and waited for their response.

Mina grabbed Britt and shoved her toward the door. "Um… we have to go do that thing…" The other four boys were outside and as soon as they stepped outside the attention was on them. They practically sprinted to Britt's car.

"But what about the movies?" Britt complained as Mina shoved her into the passenger seat and took the keys.

She drove like mad to Britt's house. They soon arrived and they dumped their bags in Britt's room. The girls got on the computer and did the assignment given to them. However, knowing Mina, it was a little different. They organized it on the computer so one of the lines read `Mr.Helmboldsbuttfart.' Mina and Britt found it hysterical and busted up laughing. They printed it out and stuffed it in Britt's backpack.

"Dan told you about his concert this Saturday right?" Britt asked Mina as soon as they calmed down.

"I was going to the club this Saturday but I didn't know Dan and his band were going to be there." Mina smiled even more at the thought of Dan with his bass guitar.

"I'm surprised he didn't mention it…" Britt got a suspicious look in her eye.

Mina completely overlooked it with all of her excitement. "This is gonna be way cool."

"Hey girls!" Britt's mom called from another room. "Sushi is ready!"

Mina and Britt hurriedly ran to the dining room and munched on sushi while talking about the day.

The sunset cast orange, purple, and pink light at a low angle and black shadows swept the street. Britt and Mina were on the porch watching the scene and eating ice cream.

"What do you plan to do after high school Mina?" Britt asked her all too seriously.

"Well…" Mina thought about it for a couple of seconds. "I definitely want to get out of this place." She giggled. "But I don't know… get a real job I guess."

"A job as what? Have you noticed your grades lately? At this rate you won't even graduate Brinkley."

Mina swirled her spoon in the ice cream. "Acting doesn't require high school graduation…"

"You're really smart Mina… if you just tried…"

Mina cut her off, "This topic is really depressing." She frowned at Britt, hoping she would say something cheerful.

"So what do you think Mr. Helmold is going to think of our word search?"

Both of the girls laughed at the thought.

"So which one of the new guys do you have your eye on?" Mina smiled mischievously at her.

"Um… the one with the brown hair that pretty much covers his eye, Trowa Barton, he's really sweet." Britt blushed and smiled.

"Did you talk to him?"

"Yeah, we spoke a little during science. He doesn't say much but he's really nice."

"I'm gonna keep my eye on Dan."

They went to sleep on the couch and woke up early Friday morning. Mina used Britt's eyeliner and black eye shadow. Britt wore a short black skirt, spiked belt, and a black shirt that had a picture of Good Charlotte on it. Mina wore her `Empyre' hat, jean trench coat, white tank top, jean skirt, and totally to die for black lace-up boots.

Mina followed Britt into the kitchen. The aromas of biscuits and coffee drifted up to her. Mina rarely ever had breakfast. She ate with them and thanked Ms. Foster for letting her stay. Britt and Mina drove to Brinkley and this time, Britt drove. Mina stopped near the end of the line and watched the way the security guards were ransacking the backpacks and purses.

"Great," Britt mumbled beside her.

Mina didn't want them fumbling through her stuff. She didn't have time for this nonsense anyway. Mina put her hat over her eyes and lowered her head and walked to the front of the line. When a guard turned his back she grabbed Britt's hand, slipped around the metal detectors and ran across the black top and toward the buildings. Kids applauded her audacity.

Britt smiled at her. "You're unbelievable."

She didn't stop when a guard yelled after her. His footfalls followed for a moment, and then fell away. Just as she figured, he couldn't chase after her. He had to go back and examine the long line of kids waiting to enter school. As she was running, Mina caught the eye of the boy she was staring at during lunch the day before. Heero smirked at her courage. They hurried around a corner, and someone grabbed Britt's shoulder.

"Jeez-" the word whistled out of her.

"Startled you, sorry." Mina eyed him for a moment. He was the guy Britt had described last night. His name was Trowa Barton.

Britt's face went all mushy and her breath caught in her throat but she managed to say hi.

"Oh boy." Mina rolled her eyes. "I'll leave you here with wonder-man."

"Okay…" She was off in la-la land, staring up at him.

Mina rolled her eyes again as she stalked off towards Cyndi, Justin, Jeremy, Dan, and Sara… Mina panicked. Why was that slut there? She was gonna seriously kick her butt now.

"What's up?" Cyndi said to her.

Mina got straight to the point. "Why is she here?" She stared at Sara in disgust.

"It's a free country," she retorted.

"Whoa, come on you guys." Dan tried to stop the fight from coming. "Why do you always do this?" He cocked and eyebrow at Mina.

The heat built up in her head.

Sara stepped up to Mina, showing that she wasn't afraid. "She's just jealous of my good looks." She flipped her hair away from her face.

"Hey guys!" Britt walked toward them, smiling, with Trowa and the other new guys.

Mina ignored Britt when she tried to get her attention. She couldn't keep her eyes off Sara. Sara stepped back and laid her hand way too close to his waist.

Mina tried to cool off but it wasn't working. She punched Sara right between the eyes. She fell to the ground, out cold. Mina Smiled. Britt held her back from doing any more damage. Heero was surprised by her strength, sure she was strong, but she took Sara out with one blow.

A whistle blew and Mina could hear her name being called by one of the teachers.

An hour later Mina sat quietly in the principal's office. She'd gotten a suspended for three days and a Saturday school, which she wouldn't even go to. But worst of all, she'd gotten one of those lectures about her grades and college. She had basically slept through the whole thing.

She waited patiently outside for the rest of the day, waiting for her dad. They had called him, told him everything, but no matter what the hell happened to her, Mina knew he wouldn't come. She eventually walked home. The front door creaked open as she stepped inside the apartment.

Her dad was in the kitchen. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"I live here."

"Oh no you don't!" He raised his voice loud and clear. She could smell the pot and beer all the way from the end of the room. "Get out of my house Get out!!!"

Mina ignored him and ran to her room. She locked the door behind her. She gasped. The bed was messed up and covered in spray paint. Her clothes in the closet were ruined with either bleach or paint. Clothes were scattered on the floor, ripped into pieces. Her walls were graffitied with cuss words and gang signs.

"Oh HELL NO!!!" Mina screamed. She stormed out of her room and into her brother's room. "You fuckin' mofo!!!" She grabbed him by the hair as he sat in his chair playing video games. She kneed him in the head as her hand forced his head onto the floor. He fought against, but she had the advantage. She kicked him right where she knew it would hurt. He kneeled in front of her, cupping his balls. Her father stormed into the room and grabbed her waist tight, throwing her of her feet and out of the room.

"I've had it with you!!" he shouted at her.

He began to drag her down the hallway. Mina broke free and ran to her room, locking the door. He slammed into the door and started cussing, shouting at her to open the door. She grabbed her bag and stuffed anything that wasn't ruined into it. She opened her window, climbed onto the tree, and jumped. She pulled out her skateboard and skated to Cyndi's house.

Her dad answered the door, recognized her, and led her to Cyndi. She was in her room with Justin… his shirt was off and just as she walked in he zipped up his pants. Cyndi saw Mina's tears and hurried to her to comfort her. Justin put his shirt on, politely said goodbye, and left. After a while of tears, Mina stopped crying and thanked Cyndi.

Cyndi didn't even bother to ask what was wrong, she knew by the red marks where Mina's dad's hands had been. The following day was spent shopping. Cyndi always knew how to cheer a girl up. They each bought new outfits for the dance that night and some new clothes for Mina. They also went to a movie and talked really loud the entire time, had a popcorn fight, and turned Cyndi's cell phone volume on high. Eventually, they got kicked out, but even that was fun.

Near the end of the day Mina was walking side by side with Cyndi and Val. They were finally going to RaVe. Mina was ecstatic, she was hoping for that kiss from Dan tonight.

Justin waved from the back of the line leading into the club.

"Looking good." He gingerly kissed Cyndi on the lips. She was wearing a sweater shell with sequins and an ankle-grazing skirt slit up the sides to the top of her thighs. Cyndi spread her hands through her hair and arched her back. As long as Justin was here, she might as well show off. She twisted her body and stuck one leg out from her the slit in her skirt. Justin smiled back at her as she stretched her arms in a sexy pose. The guys around her hooted and hollered. Justin possessively put an arm on her waist and kissed her. He gave them daring looks. Mina laughed at Cyndi, wasn't she supposed to be the love goddess here? For the next few minutes images of her and the scouts flashed in her mind. They were still in Japan while she was here, in L.A.

Mina wore tons of body glitter. Her hair long, curled and spiraled at the ends. She wore her leather lace-up boots, jean skirt, and a black tank top.

Finally it was her turn with the security guards. She handed her backpack to the first one. He smiled at her, and there was no doubt in her mind that it was intended for flirting. He couldn't have been much older than she was. His hands went rapidly through her things.

"What are you doing?" he joked when he saw her underwear that she had grabbed back at her house. "It looks like you carry your whole life in here."

"I do," she answered with a tilt of her head, then she took her bag and went inside.