Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Moving On ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's Notes: Come on now people, if you still really think I own them, then why aren't I just satisfied with what I wrote the first time?

WARNING: This chapter ends in a huge cliffhanger. If I don't get at least ten reviews from ten different people, I will not post the next chapter. I will, however, email it to the people who reviewed. In other words, if you want the ending, you will tell me what you thought.

A note in general - Amaranthine means eternal, unending, undying, and other related words, and also refers to a flower that in poetry is seen as undying and is generally said to be of a purple, crimson, or green. Cimmerian is evil, dark, etc.

Quotes of the Week: "Best friends are the siblings God forgot to give us." "Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget."

Moving On - Chapter 11
By: Eternal Rose

"My oh my, what have we here?" The sarcastic tones filled the room, and Heero looked up at the woman with a growl.

"Relena." She grinned maliciously as he glared at her. Heero pulled Serenity closer before speaking again. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Oh, not much." She said, surveying the senshi who were lying on the ground, completely unconscious. "You could say I'm on a mission. It's not all that unlike what you used to do - I'm sure you remember. Way back when you were a soldier, not a *snicker* lover."

"You will leave Heero alone." Serenity said, standing up. Her body shook, although whether it was from rage or exhaustion, no one could tell. A ferocious glare, stronger even then Heero's, appeared on her face and Relena took a step backwards. Heero rose and wrapped his arms around her, continuing to glare at Relena. "I don't know who you are, or how you got here, but neither Heero nor I need this today. Your 'mission' has just been canceled."

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry, but you can't do that." Relena had a wicked smile on her face. For a split second, Heero almost thought that the thorn in his side pacifist had become an evil killing machine. Then he remembered - this was Relena. "You see, I'm here to take Heero away from you. You see, I've been promised him, and I don't really feel like giving him up."

"So sorry Miss… Relena, you called her Heero? But this is his decision and in case you can't tell, he didn't decide on you." The corners of Heero's lips turned up, and he reached out to take his goddess's hand. A soft grunt seemed to confirm that what Serenity had said was true. After all, this was only Relena being a jealous monster - again. The senshi had put a barrier around the room to protect them, and no one had taken it down yet.

"Is that so?" Relena suddenly tossed a knife at the two, and Heero shoved Serenity out of the way before dodging. It missed by a mile. Her face flickered with distaste as she saw concern flash across Heero's face. "I guess I can thank you for one thing, your highness. My Heero's finally showing some emotion."

"I'm not yours." Heero said simply.

"Oh you're not, are you?" Relena asked. "Come on Heero, why don't you tell us all how you really feel about me? If you really hated me, you would have killed me long ago. I think it was just one of those little boy in the playground things, where you weren't sure how to react to your emotions, so you threatened to kill me."

"You've always said you wanted me to show more emotion, right?" Heero said, his monotone firmly in place. Relena nodded, and Heero continued. "Well then, how's this? You're a bitch. Now leave us alone."

"I love it when you talk like that." Serenity said as she joined Heero once again. Relena stared, her jaw on the floor. "You might want to pick that up. I'm sorry Relena, but he has told you he doesn't wish to be with you. Please honor his request and leave us alone."

"No, I don't think that's going to happen." Relena said. "Dark Powers, come and help me serve my Queen and King. Transform me now to overtake the one who would keep me from happiness and love."

A dark mist filled the room, and when it cleared Relena was floating in midair. Her clothing had changed from the ugly school uniform she wore under ordinary circumstances, and was now more than a little revealing. A skintight gray leotard covered her upper body, the neck cutting down low enough to show off her chest. A black hip length skirt similar to that of the senshi slightly covered her legs, and her feet were in a pair of black high heels. Heero was quite positive it was the most risqué outfit he'd ever seen her in, and he arched a brow.

"You work for them, don't you?" Serenity asked, a cold detachment entering her eyes. Heero looked at her almost quizzically. Relena nodded in acknowledgment of her statement, indicating its truth. Serenity laughed mirthlessly. "Well then, I guess it's time for us to do battle. Amaranthine Moon Power!"

In the traditional flash of bright lights, Serenity disappeared and was replaced by … Sailor Serenity! Unlike the majority of the senshi, her body suit was of the palest shade of pink imaginable rather than white. Her skirt was a soft shade of lavender, and her shoes matched them. The shoes themselves appeared to be ballet slippers, but the soles were slightly thicker and allowed a better grip on the surface. In the middle of her chest rested a silver broach with an intricate green leaves and crimson roses design. She had bows of flowing silver, and the back bow fell beyond her knees. Serenity's gloves appeared the same shade as her skirt and shoes, and did not have the weird cuffs that the other senshi's gloves had. Her hair had also adopted a brilliant shade of shimmering silver, and it was braided and then weaved around her head to form a crown. In place of a tiara, the royal moon sigil shown forth in silver upon her head. The hilt of a sword was visible over her right shoulder, disappearing into a subspace pocket, and in her right hand she carried the long, gleaming staff of Cosmos. The tranquil expression on her face held a prediction of danger for her opponent.

"Renity?" Heero asked. If it had been in his nature to show shock, you can be certain that he would have been. She turned and smiled at him briefly before focusing her attentions on Relena.

"You may have changed your outfit, princess, but that doesn't make you any stronger. Heero is going to be mine. You will never defeat the powers Metallia has bestowed upon me!" Relena gave an evil laugh, then dodged to the side as the Staff of Cosmos came flying at her.

"I'm afraid you are mistaken." Serenity told her calmly, a slightly sad look crossing her face. She raised the staff above her head and brought it down again. Relena rolled to her right and flipped back onto her feet. Amaranthine twirled her staff to avoid losing her balance from the thrust. "Though you have been corrupted, I only wish to heal you. However, since you can't seem to accept that, we will fight until you lose."

"I will never surrender!" Relena proclaimed. She raised her hands above her head and quickly gathered a ball of dark energy. It hurtled through the air towards Serenity as she screamed, "Cimmerian Blast!"

Serenity sidestepped, twirling her staff faster to break the blast before it hit her. As the attack and staff collided a strange eruption spread light on one side of the room and pitched blackness to the other. The inner senshi were revived as the positive power of the light hit them, but Heero was caught on the dark side. He stood tall and proud for as long as he could, but eventually succumbed to unconsciousness. Relena gave a nefarious grin.

"You see?" She said. "Even your champion, your one true love, has given in to the darkness. There is nothing you can do. This world and all others will soon belong to the Dark Kingdom!"

"We won't let you have it!" The senshi yelled together. They collectively turned to stare at the new senshi. Although her pastel and silver colored uniform made her appear less threatening then the woman in black, she still did not appear trustworthy. After all, the body suit appeared to be the same color as watered down blood. But no… her eyes held a glint that they had all seen somewhere before.

"Serenity!" Mercury screamed as she figured it out. The familiar blue eyes held steel, and she nodded her head once. Venus immediately ran in front of her, attempting to shield her.

"Hah! Pathetic, princess! Would you really see your precious defenders be injured protecting you?" Relena taunted. Knowing that the other senshi could not take it; she launched a blast of dark energy at Mars, Mercury, and Jupiter.

The three dodged, but each sustained injuries. Mars's ankle had a cloud of black around it, and she could no longer feel it. Mercury's hand had been caught by the blast, and it too had gone numb in a cloud of black. Jupiter had taken the blast on her back and fell to the ground, paralyzed.

"NO!" Serenity screamed. Without thinking, she ran to defend her protectors, throwing Venus behind her. She turned and quickly told them all, "You must not interfere! I have gained my full power and can take care of myself in this form. I know it is unfamiliar to you, but the moon has declared my destiny as its protector."

She gave them a teary smile. "I must protect humanity, justice, and love with my love by my side. I am the Amaranthine Senshi, the one who must defend us all forever and who cannot die except to be reborn again. If the choice had been mine, I would have remained a simple girl, but destiny doesn't always agree with what we want. This is my battle! Let me fight it."

The senshi nodded their heads sadly, or at least, as much as their injuries would allow.

"Relena." She said, venom entering her voice. "I don't know how you got through the barrier my guardians cast, but I will not let you continue to harm those I love. Fate has made you my enemy, and now you will fight me, and only me. Only one of us can walk away from this fight."

"You wouldn't kill me." Relena scoffed. "You are too much of an idealist, you believe too much in the innate goodness of everyone. I have been evil since before I was born, and nothing you can say or do will ever change that. You will die here, and whether you are born again or not, still will the Dark Kingdom win!"

"I believe you have me confused with someone else. Perhaps the self you were before you began to follow the Dark Kingdom's rule? I do idealize peace, but even I can see the necessity of war." Serenity smirked at her. "I thrive on battle, and if destroying you is the only way to save time-space, what makes you so sure I won't do it?"

"Serenity, no!" The inner senshi screamed as their princess, without giving the girl a chance to respond attacked. Their cries made no difference, for Serenity had already whipped the sword out of her subspace pocket and thrown it at Relena. In a startling display of speed, Relena caught it in between her hands mere inches away its destination of her heart. She dropped the sword, small cuts letting her blood flow from her hands to the floor.

"You really think a trick like that will hurt me?" She sneered. "It takes far more than a simple throw of a blade to defeat me."

"That's not what happened with your queen the last time." Serenity remarked. She chuckled softly. "Actually, all it took was a sharp rose from your "king". But that is of no matter. Have you ever heard of the Sword of Artemis?"

"No, should I have?" Relena asked, sarcasm lacing her voice. "Is there some monstrous secret you've been hiding, aside from Sailor Serenity? When last I checked, all the moon royalty could do was heal people with some bauble, a crystal I think."

"You underestimate me." Serenity replied. "That, my dear, is the Sword of Artemis, and by no means an ordinary sword. The sword has been dipped in a potion for dreamless sleep created by the Astral Princess. Only when she, or the Moon Goddess Artemis, wishes to reverse it will the recipient awaken from their seeming death."

"What?" Relena's face had gone blank with shock. She swayed ever so slightly on her feet.

"I believe you heard me the first time." Serenity told her. "You should just now be starting to feel its effects. There is not even enough time for you to return to your own realm and warn those who rule over you of what you have seen."

Her eyes looked sorrowful for a moment as she watched her opponent, really no more than a mere girl like herself, slip down to the floor. "I hope next time we meet, you will have been healed of your hatred."

"I hope… next time we… meet…," Relena said, her eyelids drooping, "we are… we are… rotting in hell. But before I… I go… I have one last… one last task to fulfill…"

"What is it?" Serenity asked superiorly. "You can do nothing to me now."

"Who's… underestimating… who?" Relena replied. She raised one hand, keeping the other hidden from view. "Powers… of Darkness, return me… and my beloved… to where we… belong!"

"NO!" Serenity screamed, realizing moments too late what was about to happen. She rushed toward the darkened side of the room as the wisps of smoke settled, only to discover her worst fears had been realized.

Heero had been kidnapped.

~* Realm of Nightmares *~

Relena and Heero appeared in front of the throne and dropped onto the floor. Both were completely unconscious. Horror stricken, the queen rose from her throne and ran down to where they lay. The king followed calmly.

"Endymion!" Beryl shrieked in despair. "Endymion, she's… she's… she's dead!"

"Do not worry, love." Endymion held her. "She has served her purpose by bringing my brother here, and we can avenge her death by destroying Serenity."

"Don't you even care?" Beryl exclaimed, pushing him away. "Don't you even care at all? She was -"

"Beryl, my darling, please don't say it." Endymion said. "Don't think about it anymore. You'll only upset yourself further."

The queen of the Dark Kingdom broke down into tears, and the king took her in his arms. Swiftly, the king kicked his younger brother in the stomach, then gestured for the guards to take him to the dungeons and tie him up.

Endymion quietly led his "love" to their private room, the familiar evil smirk never leaving its place. All of the pieces of the puzzle were coming together, and soon nothing would be able to stop him from ruling the universe.

~* End Chapter 11 *~

I told you it had an evil ending. REVIEW!!!!! Just a thought - as always, close attention to details reveals my whole plot to you. Read between the lines, and then tell me what you think is going to happen in a review. If you can guess one of my secrets, I'll give you the next chapter early! REVIEW!!!!!!

~Rose