Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Once upon a December ❯ Totally Fluff. ^_~ ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the song 'Once upon a December' from the movie Anastasia which I don't own either, Sailor Moon, or Gundam Wing. ^_^ I do wish I owned Heero though….

Author's Note: For now, this is just a one shot. Actually, if I get enough reviews I'll make it longer. And, italics is the song and regular is the "story". You all will understand the story more if I go on.

Once upon a December

By: kore a.k.a. serendipity

Dancing bears,
Painted wings,
Things I almost remember,
And a song someone sings
Once upon a December.

Lying hear head upon the grass; she cried silently. Salty tears slide down her smooth, young face falling to the ground beneath her. Rapping her arms around her frail body she wept, her body shaking with fresh tears.

She almost jumped when she felt his hand resting on her shoulder. Mutely, she turned her head facing him; the tears still falling.

"It isn't your fault," he stated softly in his monotone voice.

Someone holds me safe and warm.
Horses prance through a silver storm.
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory...

Slowly, the girl tipped back her head and stared into the man's dark blue eyes with her own ocean blue ones.

"If I had remembered earlier I may have," she started but never got to finish.

Far away, long ago,
Glowing dim as an ember,
Things my heart
Used to know,
Things I almost remember

While she had started to speak the man had kneeled down in front of the young women; holding her soft, gentle hands in his own callused ones. Dipping his head he kissed her pink lips softly, ceasing her speech with his own lips.

When he removed his lips from hers, he brushed his lips by her ear and softly whispered, "You couldn't remember, Rena. Everything happens because of Fate and Destiny. You know that…"

Someone holds me safe and warm.
Horses prance through a silver storm.
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory...

Her heart beating faster than it was earlier, she replied, "Why? Why couldn't I remember in time to save them, Heero? Why are Fate and Destiny being so cruel?"

Staring into her eyes, he lightly put his hands on her face and answered, "They do as they wish for the better of everyone, you know that. One day, we'll find out why…"

Far away, long ago,
Glowing dim as an ember,
Things my heart
Used to know,
Things it yearns to remember...

After saying that, he stood, helping her up on her feet. Keeping his arm around her waist he gently glided her over to his motorcycle, away from the graves.

When they reached the bike he moved to help her on, but before he could lift her onto the seat she asked softly, "Do you think we'll ever know why…?"

He picked her up and placed her on her on the bike, then got on himself. Before starting the bike he replyed, back in his original monotone, "Maybe, my little bunny, maybe."

And a song
Someone sings
Once upon a December…