Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Straight Flush ❯ Night at the Club ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Straight Flush

Chapter Nine - Night at the Club

By: Jacquelin Benito

August 2002

N/A: Trowa acts VERY OOC!

Disclaimer: Sorry! Don't own nothing… *sob*

-----------------

Makoto grabbed a martini glass from the waiter that was wandering around, and moved to the music, swaying her hips suggestively. Closing her eyes, she felt someone approach her and started dancing with him. Her head bobbed as she moved her arms in an up-down motion. Then song ended, and she started to laugh and clap. Opening her eyes to look at her partner, her emerald eyes registered shock as she froze.

A single green eye stared right back, amusement etching his features.

"Hello Makoto. Fancy seeing you here," Trowa said, completely avoiding the fact that the girls had snuck out.

Makoto merely stared. Trowa coughed to hide his laughter. The sound brought the shocked girl back to reality. Slowly, she willed herself to say something.

"Trowa! Hehe… umm… what are you doing here?" Makoto mentally slapped her forehead.

'Stupid! Oh god… here it comes…' She thought.

Trowa chuckled. "I should be asking you the same question." He raised an eyebrow. "May I ask this pretty lady to a dance?" He asked, getting a shocked expression.

"Oh… uh, sure!" She answered. A slower song came on, and Makoto placed her head on Trowa's broad shoulder. A rare smile danced on Trowa's face.

--------------------

Minako's eyes scanned the dance floor for further prey to squabble on.

"Oh my gosh! Makoto's dancing with a guy!!" Minako squealed suddenly when she spotted her friend dancing.

Usagi looked up. Sure enough, she was dancing with a guy. But he seemed familiar. I mean, tall, brown haired men weren't very common were they. But a specific hairstyle, more specifically, a long bang hiding his right eye caught her attention. Uh oh.

But a sudden hand clamps onto her shoulder tightly. She turned around, expecting to see one of the other Gundam pilots prodding her for information on why they were here. Surprised, she found herself face to face with a young man. Wearing the traditional OZ uniform. Big uh oh.

She knew about the Gundams. She knew who the pilots were. She knew WHERE the Gundams and the pilots were.

"Hi. Do you want to dance?" The officer asked. Brown eyes swept over her blue ones. She shook her head.

Finding her voice, she answered. "No thanks."

"Aww, come on! Is your boyfriend here?" He asked.

"Hey bud! She said 'No!' Leave her alone," a new voice demanded. The soldier turned around and faced the intruder.

"Why? Are you her boyfriend?" He asked, anger and frustration in his tone.

"Haruka…" Usagi said, her tone just a little more than a whisper.

The new comer made a cracking noise with her fingers, and clenched the hand to a fist, pounding it into the other hand. Haruka growled, "What if I am?"

The soldier immediately backed off. Making a motion with his hands behind his back, a group of drunk, red-faced soldiers came toward the fighting group. Five or so in the group, all carrying the disgusting stench of alcohol.

The biggest, burliest, fattest, yet tallest person of the group slammed a hand onto Haruka's shoulder. Hard. But she merely shrugged it off as if she was batting a fly away. Glaring at the taller man, she growled.

"The lady said no. Back off, or do you want to get hurt?" Haruka threatened.

Many of the onlookers started taking bets, while forming a small fight circle.

The soldier let off a chortle.

"Boys, this little girl wants to play!" He laughed out. Haruka's face scrunched up in disgust as she caught a whiff of the man's alcoholic breath.

"Hey! You mess with her, then you mess with me," Makoto said, the crowds parting as she entered the emptied area.

"Ohh! More? Look boys, this one's a looker too!" The drunk soldier let out. The soldiers behind him laughed.

The sound of the safety coming off was heard as the barrel of Trowa's gun came in contact with the threatening soldier.

"You mess with her, you mess with me," Trowa growled softly.

Haruka's katana blade felt a little too close for comfort against the offending OZ soldier's neck. Immediately, five guns were pointed at Haruka. A small dagger ended up at one of the soldiers necks, each of the other Gundam pilots stationed behind the others.

Click! Another gun behind Wufei.

Shing! Usagi's dagger at the man's neck.

Heero pulled out another gun, and aimed it at the man behind Wufei. Deathly silence ensued, the music that was usually blasting off at high volumes had had the wires cut. Several of the nearby bystanders had left the club in a hurry.

"So… Anyone have popcorn?" A voice in the crowd asked, breaking through the silence. The few that laughed were immediately silenced by the glares that insued.

And where was Minako in this scenario? Well… she was a ways away at the Winner mansion. She was one of those who had inched out of the club unnoticed, and was currently leading… (Hehe! Can't tell you that yet!) …back to the silent club.

Needless to say, it was quite eerie indeed. The bouncers were no where in sight, so she and her charges walked up to the silent club. Parting a path wasn't so hard as the crowds eyed her strangely.

At the sight of her master pointing a gun at somebody, Tasha growled. The crowds easily gave way with that suggestion. Minako stood proudly beside the pack of growling dogs.

Duo and Usagi grew edgy as they remembered their last encounter with their sharp rows of teeth. Trowa smirked as he saw his prisoner grow a bit nervous.

Whispering in his ear, he laughed. "Are you afraid of dogs?"

The man's features hardened as Trowa found his weakness. His smirk widened.

Trowa let out a whistle, and Tasha trotted closer to the edgy man.

"If you leave now, all you'll suffer is a nasty bite in the behind," Trowa offered.

Pain and fury etched into the OZ soldier's eyes. He nodded slowly. The remaining soldiers shot off shouts of objection. Trowa's eye landed on Haruka as she slowly withdrew her katana's hold on the man's neck. The soldier let out a sigh of relief as anger and betrayal flashed his way from his groups eyes. The men lowered their guns, but the Gundam pilots still had their guns trained on them.

While the soldiers were exiting the club, Haruka shouted at the retreating OZ group. "By the way! I'M A GIRL!"

Usagi had kicked the man who had kept on asking her to dance. ("I already said 'No!' Now look what you got yourself into!")

When the group had left, the pilots turned their gazes to the three girls. Haruka had left them to their punishment. Good call, too!

Tasha barked as Minako petted the furry canine.

"What in blazes are you three doing here?" Wufei bellowed at them.

Shouting from the Winner mansion lasted through the night.

-----------------------

AgH!!! I am so sorry this came out so late! I thought I had uploaded this a LONG time ago, but either my computer screwed up or FF.net did because it didn't come online. *sigh* This is a stupid, piece of junk.

Well, anyway, hope you enjoyed. Thank you so much for all your wonderful reviews! It hit the 200th mark!!

Review!!!!!!!

Ja!

~Jackie

-----------------------

Shout outs…

Reality - Congrats! You're the 200th reviewer!! Hooray!! *throws confetti in the air*

Bluejello - Thanks for all the comments!

Usagi Asia Maxwell - Holy god! You've been with me from the beginning! Luv ya!!!

Moocow - OH GOD!! I hope you haven't died yet because of this long wait…

Naoko - O.O… Needless to say, very long review. You poor thing… already in school… but, thanks! Anyway, Jackie-sama?!!! I'M NOT THAT OLD!!! LoL! Anyhoo…

Crazygurl70 - Thankies! You've been updating this story from the beginning! I've read practically all your stories! And loved them! Update Good Riddance SOON!!!

Solarmistress17- Also been here for a while! While I thought my story was really crappy, you've always been there! Meh luv ya!!

Sailor Grape - Holy God, you've reviewed every chappy. Thanks so much!!

Sailor Emerald - Kind words and consideration! Thanks!

Michelle (from school) - HEY!! Don't go and start dissing my story when you haven't even read it!! LoL! Anyway, shouts from me to you!!! ^_^

Welps, these are the people I wanted to say things to! Thanks for all the wonderful reviews!

Ciao peeps!

~Jackie