Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of the Soul ❯ Renunion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tears of the Soul

By: Angel of Mercy

Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing!

Dedication: To Cilla-chan, thanks again and Ghetto Sailor Brat as well.

%(@&%)(&@

Time passed and the four sat away from one another in uneasy silence. Usagi passed glances between the two men as they sat on either side of her. Wufei seemed to be dozing off slightly for his cheek kept brushing her shoulder. Heero kept his eyes ahead and they passed over to Rei every now and then as she paced back and forth. Usagi suddenly jumped up, as Wufei was about to rest his head on her shoulder and ended up falling into Heero's lap. He quickly got up and faced the other way as his cheeks burned.

"Rei-chan! Why don't we show the guys around this place? The others probably won't be here for a while…" but she was cut off as a portal opened above her and figures fell on top of her. Rei just shook her head and walked over to the group as she pulled Duo and Quatre to their feet. Trowa paid no attention to her hand as he found Makoto attached to him comfortably. Ami and Minako were shaking with laughter as they saw this and Makoto released herself as she heard them.

"Their here Usa." Rei said as she looked down at the crushed blonde. The girl just mumbled and raised herself to her feet. She brushed off her gown and looked at the rest of her comrades with glee.

"You guys made it! This is so cool! Our guys are here and now we are all together again!" Usagi squealed as she ran to embrace them. Ami remained where she was, but Minako dragged her into the hug. Makoto stood back with Rei as she three hyperactive heaven angels squealed to one another as they looked over at the pilots and began giggling. Wufei seemed to be blushing again as he heard his name announced several times. His back was turned and Quatre stood near him as he suppressed his own blush. Duo was grinning and waving over at the girls every time they seemed to look over. Trowa and Heero remained passive as they watched things unravel. Rei just leaned an arm on Makoto's shoulder and grew a bored expression as the smirking girl next to her stood firm.

"Why did Jesus have to send these 3 clowns down here, it really doesn't help. These boys still have many things in their future that will help Earth. By sending these 3 down he has made the choice of insanity even heavier for our boys." Rei muttered as Makoto smirked at her.

"Actually, I think it was Mary who sent them down here. I think they are her favorite for some reason, cause I know you and me are Satin's favorite. Don't worry though Rei, I think Heero likes the dark type so he'll probably choose you, not Usa." Makoto said with a dark smirk as she looked over at her friend. She immediately regretted it as she saw the dark look in her friend's eyes as she looked at the angel. Makoto placed her arms around the girl's shoulders for the fear of the girl releasing her anger on the innocent angel. The dark angel had kept an eye on the young man all his life and had kept him alive all the times he would have surely died.

"Let go Mako-chan, I will do nothing to harm Usa-chan. She means to much to me and I would damn my soul to hell than do anything to her." Rei whispered as her eyes flashed red at her friend. Makoto's eyes flashed back and she just smirked as she pulled the shorter girl into a hug. Rei raised an eyebrow at the girl and let her features soften as she returned the embrace. They pulled away and everyone had turned their attention to them. Rei narrowed her eyes at Usa to see the girl glomping Quatre as he blushed furiously. She shook her head and looked over at the pilots that were standing close to one another in silent conversation. She walked over to them as her black wings shifted slightly under their gaze.

"Welcome to the spirit world gentlemen, the place between Heaven and Hell. You were all brought here because you all tried to end your lives when you have much to do on Earth. What I am trying to get at is that we need your services in a disaster that has occurred. A witch named Beryl has escaped from hell and we are doing everything we possibly can to fight this evil. We need aids to help us fight and you five are gifted with the souls of skilled warriors and soldiers. If you decide to help us…we will guarantee that your souls will rest in peace forever." She said with a slightly shaky voice as she mentioned the end. Heero eyed her harshly as she looked at him and turned his head as he gave a faint nod. Wufei grunted his reply and turned his attention back to Usagi as she continued to coo Quatre along with Minako. Trowa kept his gaze to the ground and his fists were clenched tightly as his head gave one firm nod. Duo seemed to be in complete shock as he eyed his friends with a confused look, but soon the words grew in and he turned to Rei with a solemn look as he nodded. Usagi looked at Rei with huge eyes and they filled with tears as she shook her head wildly. Rei just turned her head away and smiled at the pilots as they stood in silence. She looked over at Quatre as he looked at her with hope that made her want to cry.

"Arigatou Rei-chan…"he whispered to her as she passed him. She shook her head furiously and her hair tossed wildly to block off the soft tones of his voice. Her head lowered and she felt soft skin brush against hers, the first warm tone that she hadn't felt in so long. She grasped at the warmth, wishing to keep hold of it with all her might, but soon regretted it as she looked up into the eyes that always seemed to haunt her. Heero shivered at the contact of her skin, it was so cold compared to the actual feel of a humans flesh.

"Quatre, you aren't serious are you? You could accomplish so much in your life, and all you wish is too give it up and die?" Ami asked as she looked up at him. Quatre just looked away from her and shrugged his shoulders. Pain flowed through his body making his close walls around him, as his soul seemed to be crying for release. Ami sensed this and placed her hand on his shoulder as he suddenly relaxed slightly and looked at her with a warm smile that Ami gladly returned. The pain seemed to disappear at her touch and he realized for once in his life that he belonged somewhere.

"Thank you for being my angel Ami…"

"Trowa I understand what you have gone through all these years, but do you really desire for death so much? Do you have nothing in your life to live for?" Makoto all but pleaded as she looked at the man in front of her. He looked at her for a moment, but kept silent as her eyes stared into his soul. They were so like his, an unusual green that desired to hide emotions from the rest of the world. They seemed to communicate through their eyes and they welcomed the silence that passed between them. Her lips threatened to utter a word to break the peaceful moment, but Trowa leaned forward as he placed a gentle finger on her lips.

"Duo, why do you hide behind a mask all the time? I know you, whether you know this or not, but I know you are not entirely willing to let yourself die so suddenly. You have so much to live for, so why do you follow the others and propose to die with them?" she asked as she embraced him from behind. She slowly began to rock him as she felt the tensions within him. Duo sighed at her words as they sank in and leaned back into her as his body relaxed. Mina smiled in spite herself and leaned her forehead against his shoulder blade. Duo sighed as she rested her tiny frame into his larger one and turned his head to look at her. Her eyes met his and she felt herself brighten inside and out as she saw the usual shine in his eyes once more.

"Wufei I demand that you not take this agreement with Rei-chan! Do you know how much your future can hold for you?! Does death not even mean a thing to you when you know you can lose your soul?!" Usagi all but screamed at him as tears streamed down her cheeks. Wufei watched her with lightly wide eyes as she poured her very being just for him. Her eyes pierced into his and seemed to drink in his very emotions that he was feeling. The next thing he knew was that he had the perfect angel draped onto him and was grasping onto him as if her life would seize without him. He remained passive, but he felt his walls slipping as his hand rested down upon her golden hair.

"So…you decided too take the offer? It appears that the other guys are willing to follow you, even if they do not notice it. Death does not seem to scare you, does it Heero? Are you willing to give it all up so easily? I mean…you have Relena who is ready to give herself solely to you and love you." Rei said as she looked over at the boy sitting away from her. Heero turned his head to the side and looked into her eyes, as he seemed to be searching for something. She sat silently as their eyes never left one another and the silence provided little comfort in the heavy atmosphere around them. Heero felt tension growing for the woman in front of him made his very core alight with fire. She was the total opposite of himself and he found himself closer to her with each moment. Rei found herself having to look away as she began to feel the raw emotions of his being and the ice that claimed his heart. Every time he was near she found herself growing annoyed by his silence and she waited desperately so she could hear his deep voice no matter if it was an insult. How odd is was that the ice which seemed to chill his very being didn't even seem to effect his skin, which seemed to be alight with the eternal flame that raged within her. Who was she kidding though, why would he want something that came from the very pit of hell?

"Why should I answer you, demon?" he asked as the word struck her heart. The very flames of hell flashed in her eyes and she snarled as her eyes flashed red. Heero stood and walked closer to her as he looked her in the eyes as fire and ice clashed together, but the ice never seemed to melt away. Suddenly the dark clouds above thundered with unholy sounds that only the demons of hell could bring about. Rei lowered her wings and bowed her head as a cloaked figure appeared behind her. He wrapped her in his cape and hushed whispers echoed around them. Rei was tense, but her hair cloaked her eyes from the others. Makoto walked up with Trowa, but as soon as her eyes lay upon the figure she dropped to her knee and bowed her head low. She drew her eyebrows together and seemed to be able to make out the echoes of the whispers that floated just on the outreach of their hearing.

"Rei-chan!" Usagi cried as she watched the figure scrape his nails along her friends pale skin. Black-red blood dripped down and a red tongue licked it away. The girl flinched and the figure let out an inhuman laugh as he pressed her against him. A shifting was heard and Rei looked up from the folds of her hair to see Heero inching towards them. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words sounded as the whispers seemed to grow louder. All of a sudden light pooled through the clouds and a figure in a pure white robe floated towards them. The dark figure growled and let go of Rei as he shrank into the ground as a shadow and slithered away. Rei looked up at the figure and spat out of pure rage, but the man was gone before she could see him. Usagi let out a strangled cry and wrapped Rei into an embrace as she cried to her.

"I thought he was going to take you away again!" she screamed as her cried became violent. Rei looked down at the angel shook her head as a smile graced her lips. Makoto walked over to the duo and kneeled down as she frowned.

"What message did Satin have to bring us?" she asked in a slightly shaky voice, knowing their sire never came out of hell just to see them. Rei looked over at Heero for a moment before looking back at Makoto with a chilling look that would make Heero proud.

"We must travel to Earth, Beryl somehow made it through the gate. Chaos has escaped as well, but he remained here and is heading towards Heaven. Some of us must travel to Earth, but the rest must stay here and protect the Pearl Gates so that Chaos does not enter."

"What do you mean travel to Earth?! If we go beyond the gates of the Spirit World, we are never allowed to return here. We will live normal human lives until we die of old age and then chosen for Hell or Heaven all over again! How do they expect us to do that?!" Makoto yelled as she looked at her friend. Rei glared at her and looked over at Mina.

"Mina-chan, I know how much you miss Earth. I am one of the chosen ones to return to the mortal life, but I ask for you to come with me. What do you say? Makoto was another chosen one since she is the strongest, but she is needed here to fight Chaos. You are needed with me, and I have been instructed to bring Usa with me when we go. Wufei. Heero, and Duo will be joining us, but Ami, Quatre, Makoto, and Trowa will remain here." Rei told them as she latched Usagi from her. All of them looked at her with wide eyes, but Usagi shook her head to show her answer.

"I am not returning there, whether you want me to or not! I will not!" she cried. Wufei looked over at her sternly and grunted in disgust.

"You talk about me having something for the future when you are not willing to fight for it? What about fighting, huh Onna? Why don't you try and prove to me that the future is worth protecting? I am going, the battle seems to always call me back and I am not about to say no. What do you say we fight the war together and protect the future you always enjoy talking so much about?" Wufei said, convincing himself that he was saying all that to shut the girl up. Usagi knew it meant more than he thought and smiled as her tears slowly diminished. Makoto however was not finished in her saying as she stood up after hearing this.

"What?! Why would Satin send you and not me?! I want to return to Earth, spending a few thousand years here tends to get tiring!" Makoto yelled furiously. She soon felt a hand on her shoulder and looked over to see Trowa looking down at her. She felt her cheeks burning at his stare and looked away as he seemed to be reading her.

"Makoto you must understand that this is for the best. You are needed her and fight for both of these worlds. I know it must be hard, but you can get over it. You thirst for battle, somehow I can see it is your eyes just like Heero gets when he destroys an enemy. This Chaos demon seems to be something that will complete your thirst, you just need to wait." He said as Makoto's shoulders slumped in defeat at the truth of his words. Minako looked at Duo for a moment and saw the glimmer in his eyes as he looked at the sky for he knew that the Earth lye above. 'Don't worry Duo, I'll protect you up there, no matter if it kills me.' She thought as she smiled to herself. Ami looked over at Quatre with worried eyes as his fingers flexed rigidly. She drew closer and intertwined their fingers together as their eyes met softly, but that was shattered as the wondering souls around them began to wail and the booming sounds of the demons cries grew louder.

TBC…

Next Episode: Blood Thirst