Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Female Perfect Soldier ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 2: A not-so-pleasant encounter between Pilot 00 and 04.

Disclaimers: Don't own, don't sue. If you do, I'll send a Zero-system crazed Quatre after you. (SailorStar9: *Blinks* Hey that rhymed!) R&R and no flames. Flames will extinguished by a fire extinguisher.

*************************************************************** ****************************

Coupling voting for the time being:

Ami/03: 2 (Sumi Toshino, RoseMagick)

Ami/04: 5 (Melicus Aer, Mercury Ice Storm(),GracedAngel1854, wingedrikku ) (A/N: Is this coupling popular or is it just me?)

SailorStar9: *Points to the Ami/04 voting state* Someone voted twice. You know who you are.

*************************************************************** *********

************

SailorStar9: Chapter 2: A not-so-pleasant encounter between Pilot 00 and 04. Before I begin, special thanks to my reviewers.

*************************************************************** *****************************

GracedAngel1854: I'm sorry to know that you do not like the script form, but I'm kind of `readapting' this fic from the GW manga. And, yes, I'm re-writing EVERYTHING from Operation Meteor onwards, with Ami in it. As for Ami-centerness, well, she will be appearing from this chapter onwards.

Airlady: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

Lil' Mercurain Angel: *lol* Just don't crack your brain.Â

Melicus Aer: Well, I was kind of planning having Ami unfreeze Crystal Tokyo (after she defeats Natashi) and freeing the rest of the Senshi after this whole thing.

Kaiya: Another person who dislikes the script form. Considering that I'm rewriting the ENTIRE GW manga with Ami in it, and it isn't exactly prose, the script form is the best way I can portray this entire `thing'. But I can try to write this in prose. Keep in mind the key word is `try', I can't make any guarantees. As for the couplings, although I'm leaning more towards Ami/Quatre, but, I'll have to see what my reviewers say.

*************************************************************** ***********************************

SailorStar9: After all my thanks, on with the fic!

*************************************************************** *****************************************

Chapter 2

Ami docked her Gundam in the hanger of Dr P's underwater base. Removing herself from the cockpit, she jumped down stealthily to the stand that was positioned below her Gundam. Strolling briskly towards the computer room, her sensor let off a `beep'.

Tapping on the middle earring, a visor pooped in front of her eyes, showing an intercom.

"Mission accomplished, Dr P." the female pilot reported monotony.

"I've gathered as much, Ami. You've been extremely capable of completing missions as well as your brother." The low voice of Dr P answered.

The female pilot stiffened at the mention of her twin. The older brother she had not seen for the last twelve years.

//Flashback//

The both of them were orphans, abandoned by their parents at birth. Ordin Lowe (spelling?) found them and had trained them to be assassins like he was. Three years after he took them in, he was dead. Assassinated or killed, they did not know. Once again the twins were left alone, with no one to provide for them, until one day, Dr J came.

The half-cyborg (spelling?) scientist had got wind that there were two orphans on Colony L1, who were perfect for his purposes. When he found them, Dr J was extremely pleased to find that the two had exceptionally quick reflexes and were capable of handling a handgun, despite their age. He had tried to grab the two, but Ami struggled against the doctor. Angered by her insistent resistance, Dr J had pushed her away and fired five shots at the three-year-old girl. Ami felt pain rip through her body when the bullets hit her and she collapsed to the ground. Her brother trying to break free of the doctor's grasp, before being forcefully taken away was what she last saw, before blackening out.

By the time Dr P found her, Ami was on the verge of life and death. It took her almost five months to fully recover from the bullets wounds she got.

Dr P was Dr J's niece. Although Dr P was also one of the doctors in charge of Operation Meteor, the uncle-and-niece pair had different ideas in raising the Perfect Soldier.

Dr J believed that the Perfect Soldier was never meant to have any emotions, but Dr P believed otherwise.

She thought that the Perfect Soldier should be emotionless only in battle, however, outside the battlefield, he/she was allowed to show emotions. Thus, she took the abandoned girl in and trained her to become her ideal Perfect Soldier.

//End of flashback//

Ami let a lone tear drop from her eye, before wiping it away. Upon reaching the computer room, she opened her e-mail to view her next mission.

Ami,

Your next mission is to `act' like a normal teenager. Mission accepted or declined?

Dr P

Ami raised her eyebrow in question. "A normal teenager?" she mused. "I really need to talk to Dr P about this." She muttered.

Tapping on the middle earring, Ami connected to her mentor.

"Doc, this mission is ridiculous." Ami protested.

Dr P was seen raising her eyebrow, "How so?' she asked.

"Doc, I was the few who created the Zero system, and I have the original one installed in my Gundam. I helped create the other five Gundams, and built mine using only the blueprints I was given. How `normal' can I be?" she questioned harshly.

"Never ever use that tone on me, young lady." Dr P replied icily.

Ami nodded silently.

Dr P's voice toned down a little, "And as for how `normal' you can be, just try to be, well, normal." She explained.

"Hn." Ami . . . erm . . . replied.

Dr P sighed at her charge, "Out." She said, cutting off the connection.

Slipping out of the computer room, she entered her private room. The automatic door slid open and she sunk onto her bed.

Unzipping her plug-suit, Ami retrieved a silver chain around her neck. Opening the fading gold locket, she looked at one of the only two objects she had in remembrance of her brother, an aged photograph when they were two. The second thing she possessed to remember her twin was a birthmark of an ice phoenix on the back of her shoulder blade. Her brother had a similar birthmark on his shoulder.

Upon reaching that last thought, she flung herself into her bed and cried her heart out. Moments later, she wiped her tears off and washed up. Dressing herself in her usual casual clothing, she took her pass card and her handbag, before walking out of the base, into the streets.

Meanwhile . . .

Quatre had already docked his Gundam in the hangar in one of his many mansions. Rashid had greeted the young blonde and complimented him on a job well done.

Quatre had just smiled gently, before waving it off, saying that he dared not take the credit for it, but rather, it was his Gundam Sandrock which had did all the work. Rashid had nodded solemnly at the young blonde.

Then, Quatre brightened up, and said that he intended to go out for a while. Rashid quirked a brow at the kind blonde, before giving his consent. Quatre said his thanks, before blunting out of the door.

Rashid smiled at the retreating back of his young master. Unknownst to him, he was sending the teenager to meet the mysterious Pilot 00, who was most probably his soul-mate.

//Ami's POV//

The blue-haired pilot had tied up her hair in a high and tight ponytail before stepping out of the base. The main door slid open and she stepped out into what would seem to be an extremely crowded market. (Think open-spaced ones).

Ami let out a gentle smile before taking her first step out of the base and into the open market, which was bustling with energy.

//Sailor Pluto's POV//

The lone Senshi gave a slow smile as she watched the two viewing globes, one of them showing the Senshi of Ice, and the other, the long-lost Prince of Neptune. Whether or not, the two past lovers are able to regain their memories will determine the fate of the future and of Crystal Tokyo.

//Back to Ami's POV//

Ami was strolling along the marketplace, when she heard someone shouting, "Stop, thief!"

That caught her attention, as she whipped around in the direction of the shout. Then, she saw a middle-aged man, running after a little girl. The girl, as it seemed, had two small apples in her hands. She was frantically running away from the stall owner.

Ami frowned, before allowing herself to step in the way of the child. Picking up the girl who had crashed into her, Ami waited for the stall owner to catch up.

Eventually, he did and pointed an accusing finger at the child. Ami smiled gently and asked the stall owner, in Arabian of course, what the matter was. The over-sized man told her in a booming voice that the girl Ami was holding had stole two apples from his stall. Ami nodded in understanding, before reaching into her handbag and produced a couple of Saudi Riyals. The stall owner nodded in acceptance and gave her some halalahs as change.

Ami nodded in acknowledgement, before carrying the child towards the market square. Putting her down on the edge of the fountain, Ami calmed the frightened girl down and asked her gently why she was stealing. The girl sobbed for a while, before replying in rapid Japanese that her parents had died in an assault by a massive number of MS and she was left alone. She had no choice but to steal to keep herself alive.

Ami nodded in understanding, before consoling the distraught child and explaining to her that she would take her somewhere safe. The little girl looked up at Ami, a grateful smile gracing her face. Ami gave out a small smile, before picking up the child and carrying her to the nearest Social Center.

//Quatre's POV//

He was strolling peacefully, thinking about his sisters, the Maganacs, and his father. Quatre frowned at his last thought. He had no idea where that came from. Mr Winner was a complete pacifist and despised violence. The youngest child of the Winner family had already gone against his wishes when he agreed to pilot a Gundam.

Just then, he heard a yell, "Stop, thief!" He had whipped around to see what it was all about, when he noticed a blue-haired girl, about his age, step out, blocking a girl who seemed to be running away from something.

Then, what he saw next, surprised him. The blue-haired stranger had picked up the girl, as she waited for the stall owner to catch up. After a couple of minutes and an intense conversation, money were exchanged and the stall owner walked away, satisfied. Quatre raised one eyebrow in surprise; there were not many who would do that, even for a little child. That had caught his attention, and he decided to follow the girl to see what she would do next.

Trailing the blue-haired stranger, he noticed the two females had settled at the edge of the fountain in the market square. The older girl seemed to be consoling the little thief. Minutes later, the younger girl had stopped crying and the pair got up and left.

Quatre was curious, as he decided to follow the pair as discreetly as possible. (SailorStar9: Doesn't he know that curiosity killed the cat? Nothing intended, Quatre. Quatre: None taken)

When he saw that the blue-haired teenager had entered the Social Center, he stopped in his tracks and hid. (SailorStar9: Geez, someone is nosy.)

//Back to Ami's POV//

She had sensed that someone was following her the moment she left the market square. Giving off a small smirk, she contemplated on her next step. Stepping out of the Social Center, she high-tailed her way out of the crowded street and into a back alley. There, she was faced with a maze of narrow alleyways. Slipping into one of the alleyways, she waited patiently for her `stalker' to follow.

Eventually, her patience was rewarded when she heard footsteps behind her.

"Your `stalking' abilities aren't top-grade, you know?" she mocked.

"I wasn't exactly trained to `stalk' people." A gentle masculine voice sounded in the back ground.

Ami frowned, she knew she had heard that voice somewhere before, but she could not place her finger to it.

Turning around, she whipped out her handgun from out of nowhere (SailorStar9: And who knows where Hiiro keeps his guns?) and demanded, "Who are you and who do you work for?" (A/N Sounds like someone we know?)

The male stepped out of the shadows, his hand raised in mock surrender.

Ami's eyes widened in shock and recognition, as she slowly lowered her gun. "Kitten?" she thought. (A/N: One of Ami's few nicknames for Quatre in the past. Please get ready to start laughing.)

"And to answer your question, I'm QuatreRaberba Winner. And I work for myself. And you?"

Ami's smirk turned into a soft smile, "It's been almost two years, Quatre."

Quatre's eyes widened in surprise, "Do I know you?"

Ami nodded, "Remember the girl who slapped you two years ago?" she asked

Quatre's eyes widened, "Ami!?."

The blue-haired girl nodded, "Hai." She said softly.

//Flashback//

It was AC193 and 13 year-old Quatre was captured by the Maganacs. After his argument with his father over the intercom, Quatre was surprisingly slapped by a sapphire-eyed girl his age. That girl was Ami.

The blonde boy held his cheek, a red handprint forming. Frowning at the girl, he asked her what she did that for.

Ami had screamed at him, saying that although he was born out a test-tube, he knew who his parents were. She, on the other hand, had no darn idea whom she was born to.

The rest of the Maganacs blinked, the usually clam and collected girl had blown up.

Rasid had placed a hand on the silently fuming girl, a concerning look in his eyes, "Ami-hime . . ."

Ami let out a sigh and said, "I'm alright, Rashid." Then, she turned around and walked off.

Quatre blinked in confusion.

"Hime?" he questioned. "If I'm not wrong, hime means princess in Japanese."

Rashid nodded, "Yes, the Maganacs were given orders to protect the `Ice Dragon Seal' (A/N: Flame Of Recca, anyone?) ten years ago and we were requested to guide the Chosen to use the Seal." He explained.

Quatre frowned, "The `Ice Dragon Seal?'"

Auda came in and looked at Rashid. Then, he commented, "So, she finally blew up, huh?"

Ahmed agreed, "Ever since she inherited the "Ice Dragon Seal', her temper has been pretty explosive."

"That's because she hasn't learnt to control the eight dragons yet." Rashid explained.

Ahmed agreed, "Right now, she has only the Tekkou to keep her powers in check."

Quatre's question remained unanswered.

The next scene is of the pointy satellite. Inside, Ahmad was herding workers along.

Quatre was watching from a balcony, with Instructor H.

Instructor H commented, "They're unusual men. It's not like we asked for their help, but they came to rescue us anyway." He continued saying, "In times like these, many people are made to suffer. These men may intend to rescue every single victim..."

Quatre questioned, "Why... why do they do it?"

"Pride." Ami replied.

Both Instructor H and Quatre turned to face the blue-haired girl.

Quatre asked, confused, "Pride?"

Ami nodded and smiled, "Whatever what the circumstance, everyone who has life should live in a way that they can be proud of themselves. That's how the Maganacs live. I've been with them long enough to realize that." She recited.

Quatre questioned, "I wonder, were they all born from test tubes...?"

Ami nodded and replied, "Yes. That's why they call themselves Maganac (family). No other men are as pure and kind as they are."

Instructor H nodded and turned to face Quatre, "Like you." He commented.

Quatre remained speechless.

Instructor H turned to Ami and said, "I have a feeling I've seen you before."

Ami blinked and smiled, before replying, "You might have, if you know Dr P."

Instructor H looked surprised, before asking, "P? As in Dr J's niece?"

Ami nodded and replied, "Hai, I'm her charge."

Instructor H immediately questioned her, "Then what are you doing here?"

Ami smiled mysteriously, before answering, "That's for me to know and for you to find out, Dr."

Instructor H. nodded in understanding before walking away. "Well, I guess I'm off." He replied to the two teenagers.

Quatre asked curiously, "Um, where are you going? The ship that's going to Earth is this way." He pointed towards the direction of the ship.

Instructor H. blinked, before replying, "Hey, I'm a certified mad scientist you know. I couldn't live on the Earth. I just might end up hiding out in your home. When that time comes, I'm counting on you, hm?"

Quatre just stood there, staring at his retreating back.

Ami smiled at the back of Instructor H. "He's interesting." She commented, before turning to face the blonde boy, "He's right though."

Quatre quirked a brow at the girl "Hrmm?"

Ami turned serious, "They say the eyes are windows to the soul. Your eyes tell me that you're untainted, pure and kind." She explained. Shutting her eyes, she continued "Unlike me."

Quatre was immediately curious, "How so?'

Ami replied, "I've seen war, Winner-san. Fought and died in some of them."

Quatre looked shocked "If you're killed, then why are you still alive?" he exclaimed.

Ami let out a slow smile, "You can choose between reincarnation and rebirth."

Quatre was puzzled.

Ami said softly, "All of us have some secrets we'd rather not tell. This is one of mine." Before walking off.

"Wait!" Quatre shouted after her.

Ami turned around, surprised.

Quatre caught up with her, "I've haven't caught your name." he said

Ami smiled before replying, "Ami, Ami Mizuno." Before walking off.

Quatre smiled gently, looking at her retreating back, "Friend of Water. Suits her."

The Maganac traitor who was hiding around a corner, talked into a radio device. "This is Iscariot. I'll communicate our location." He reported.

Quatre snapped his head towards the direction of the conversation he was overhearing.

The camera showed a shot of three huge spaceships that looked like they meant business.

A voice from the spaceship bombed, as angry Maganacs listen to the broadcast, "This is the Federation Army Cosmo Arm. Cease any useless resistance and surrender peacefully. Hostages mean nothing to us. We have orders to attack, regardless of who is aboard."

Abdoul was shocked, "H-how did they know where we were?"

Ahmad agreed, "That was way too fast for them to find us!"

Rasid ordered, "Okay! Launch the spaceships as soon as possible! Maganacs, prepare for battle!"

Quatre came in, standing with the tied up traitor and said, "You have one vacancy."

Rasid turned his head to see them. "Judas?!" he exclaimed

The traitor was speechless.

Quatre, holding out the radio, continued to say, "He was using this to transmit information."

Ami walked in at this moment and commented, "I see you've caught our traitor Winner-san."

Judas hissed, "Witch."

Ami walked over to the pair and replied, "Winner-san, I'll take care of him."

Quatre nodded and backed off.

Ami hissed coldly, "You do know what happens to a traitor, Judas."

Rasid questioned harshly, "Judas... You gave out our location?"

One of the Maganacs exclaimed, "You scum, you sold us out to the Federation?!"

Judas snorted, "Hn! I'm just trying to take care of myself!!"

Ami hissed over Judas's ear, "You're selfish, Judas, just like Serenity. "

Judas blinked in surprise, "What!?"

Auda grabbed the traitor's vest. "You bastard!!" he shouted.

Ami backed off as Auda rushed forward.


Ahmad chided the enraged Auda. "Stop it! He's not part of our family anymore."

Ami replied solemnly, "Ahmad is right, Auda. I'll melt the punishment myself."

Auda nodded and backed off.


Rasid turned to Quatre. "Thanks." He said.

Quatre shook his head, "No need. I too was just thinking about myself."

Rasid commented, "You have a much better look in your eyes now."

Judas saw his chance and lunged for Auda's gun. The ropes flew off of him.

Quatre noted this with alarm.

Quatre shouted, "Look out!" as he dashed in front of Rasid and shoved him out of the way.

Judas fired the gun at Rasid. It hit Quatre in the shoulder, and Rasid in the upper chest.

Quatre fell on his knees, while clutching his shoulder and his eyes squeezed shut.

Ami commanded, "Rashid, take care of him." She whipped out her handgun out of nowhere and pointed the barrel at Judas's temple. She fired and Judas collapsed, dead

Auda complimented, "Prefect shot, Ami-hime, as always."

Ami let out a smirk at Auda, "When was the last time I missed?"

Rasid had fallen to his knees as well, holding his chest. Maganacs came running. Ahmad saw to Rasid while Abdoul puts a hand on Quatre's back.

Ahmad exclaimed, "Captain!"

Abdoul asked worriedly, "Are you okay, kid?"

Quatre replied weakly, "Forget about me, take care of your captain. He's important to you people."

Abdoul ran over to aid Rashid. Quatre was about to collapse when someone supported him.

Ami let out a gentle smile, "You're lucky Judas's aiming is lousy." She joked.

Quatre smiled weakly at her joke attempt.

Ami suddenly frowned, and she turned serious, "You really need medical attention."

Quatre asked weakly, "At time like this?"

Ami removed the image enhancer, revealing the Tekkou, "Well . . . I guess we'll just have to improvise.

Quatre had a questioning look on his face.

Ami said teasingly, "I'm not going to remove your shirt for you, you know."

Quatre blushed and proceeded to unbutton his shirt

Ami raised her Tekkou hand in front of his wound and whispered, "Sharbon Healing."

A mist of icy water formed from the Tekkou and rushed towards the bleeding wound.

Quatre winced in pain.

Minutes later, the wound was no more. It was as if it did not even exist in the first place.

Quatre was astonished.

Ami smiled and answered, "The wonders of magic." As she stood to walk towards her MS

Meanwhile, the Federation Mobile Suits moved in around the satellite. A spaceship of liberated workers was launched.

Abdoul asked as he strapped into his Mobile Suit, "How many spaceships have yet to take off?"

Someone answered, "Just one."

Abdoul nodded, "Alright! We'll do whatever it takes to stop the Federation pursuit!"

Auda questioned, uncertainly, "Can we do it? They've got over a hundred Leos! "

Abdoul answered, "There are thirty-eight of us. We'll just each take out three of them."

Ami said sharply in her Mobile Suit, "Correction Abdoul, thirty-nine. I'm battling in this."

Rashid asked, "Are you sure, Ami-hime?"

Ami frowned, as her voice iced over, "Rashid, just because I'm a female, doesn't mean I don't fight."

Auda trailed, "Hime . . ."

Ami questioned sharply, "Auda, who calls the shots around here?"

Auda replied softly, "You, hime."

Ami retorted sharply, "I'm battling in this, Auda. No questions asked."

Ahmad saluted, "Roger that, princess."

Ami gave him a warning glare, "Ahmad …"

Ahmad blinked innocently, "Yes?"

Ami blew up, "How many times do I have to tell all of you, don't call me princess!?"

The rest of the Maganacs sweatdropped and replied in unison, "We understand."

Quatre exclaimed, "Wait! I'm going, too! It's my fault in the first place for not tying him well enough."

Auda almost facefaulted, "What are you talking about...? He grabbed my gun."

Auda shouted back, "Shut up, kid, this isn't some game!!"

Quatre replied honestly, "I want to fight! With your family! Even I might be some help. No, I want to prove that I can help! I want to become someone with a little bit of pride!"

Auda retorted, "Beat it, kid, or I'll step on you and crush you!"

Ami stopped Auda just in time and said gently, "Auda, just let him."

Auda raised a brow at the blue-haired girl, "Are you sure, hime?"

Ami nodded, letting the hime comment slide, "He's serious. I can see that." She replied.

Ami asked, "Can you pilot a Mobile Suit?"

Quatre nodded, "Leave it to me!"

Auda turned his attention to Ami, "What do you say, hime?"

Ami replied seriously, "I'll leave the decision to Rashid."

Auda turned to Rashid, "Captain?"

Rasid appeared on the view screen and said, "It was thanks to him that I wasn't hit in a vital spot. Loan him my goggles."

Auda nodded vigorously, "Understood!"

Auda tossed the goggles down to Quatre, who caught them.

"Kid! Take the Captain's Mobile Suit!" Auda instructed.

Quatre nodded happily, "Acknowledged!"

The camera moved to the scene of the Maganac Mobile Suits flying into battle, both Ami and Quatre were in the front.

Ahmad shouted over the intercom, "Hime, kid, don't do anything reckless!"

Quatre was in the pilot seat, wearing the goggles.

"There's no point in saying that to me now!" he shouted back.

Ami asked Ahmad instead, "Ahmad, when was the last time I got shot down?"

Ahmad replied matter-of-factly, "You never get shot down hime."

Ami nodded and replied, "Proves my point. Enough chitchat, let's finish this battle, should we?" she smirked uncharacteristically.

Auda saluted, "Roger that, hime."

Ami shouted over the intercom, "Auda!"

Auda blinked, "Yes?"

Ami gave him a death glare, "Last warning."

Auda grinned and reported, "Understood."

Quatre gave out an `UOOOOOOOH!' scream as he hacked up innumerable enemy Leos.

Ami shook her head as she blasted her enemies with the Mobile Suit's gun.

Auda ordered, "Squad one, fire on the enemy that's gathered together in the center!"

The Squad one leader returned the command, "Right!"

Auda continued to set out orders, "Squad two, spread out and back up Squad one."

The Squad two leader saluted and replied, "Understood!"

Auda commanded, "Squad three, go back and make sure the escape route is secure!"

The Squad three leader nodded and reported, "Acknowledged!"

Quatre voice sounded over the intercom, "Auda-san, please lead the attack force around the right wing. I'll chase the enemy towards you."

Auda nodded and replied back, "Got it! But don't call me 'san' anymore! You're wearing the Captain's goggles!" he exclaimed, grinning.

Ami's voice came over Quatre's intercom, "Make that us, Winner-san. There's no way you're counting me off this battle."

Quatre blinked at the girl, "Are you sure?"

Ami let out a small smirk, "Like I've said before, just because I'm a girl, doesn't necessary mean I don't fight. Besides, you have not seen the full potential of this MS."

Quatre gave the girl a nod as the two teenagers flew off.

Abdoul commented, "That kid's not bad. Both the hime and he make an excellent team."

Ahmad agreed enthusiastically, "Especially considering his arm is wounded!"

Abdoul nodded, "Yeah... That's the real thing."

A spaceship was launched from the colony.

Rasid appeared on the monitor.

"Good work, everyone! The last ship has left the docking bay. Withdraw!" he ordered.

Quatre reported, "Acknowledged. Everyone, please withdraw. I'll pursue the rest of the enemy and destroy them!"

Auda was shocked as he sweatdropped. "What?!" he exclaimed.

Ahmad anime sweatdropped as well. "There are more than twenty enemy Mobile Suits left!" he protested.

Abdoul was the third to sweatdrop. "You'll die!!" he shouted.

Quatre objected loudly, "Don't you want to go back to the Earth?! Please hurry and leave!!

Rasid appeared on view screen, still bandaged and bloodstained. "You've done well. That's enough." He commented

Quatre protested, "I haven't yet proven myself worthy of being a Maganac, have I?"

Rasid replied back, "You've done more than enough. So come with us to Earth."

Quatre trailed, "Earth..."

Rasid nodded and rattled, "The sky, the sea, the mountains, and the desert. They are all places that cause lives to shine."

Quatre shut his eyes as he considered, "That sounds nice. I'd like to go."

Quatre shouted as he pulled back on a control lever, "I don't know how many years it will take, but I promise I'll join you there. Until then, I have to make myself stronger!"

Ami witnessed the above exchange take place in her MS which was still in the same spot, "I understand." She whispered.

Auda blinked, "Hime . . ."

Ami responded, "Let him go."

Quatre nodded his thanks, "Thank you, Mizuno-san."

Ami shook her head at the blonde and warned softly, "Quatre, just be careful."

Quatre gave her a bright smile and answered, "I will, Ami."


Quatre's Mobile Suit blasted off after the enemy.

Quatre thought, "That's right. I don't want to run away to Earth. I really want to go there to find my true self."

Rasid ordered, "Withdraw!"

Auda protested, "C-captain."

Rasid announced, "If our forty Maganac Mobile Suits return safely to Earth, it's thanks to that gentleman."

Ahmad raised his eyebrow, "Gentleman?"

Abdoul questioned, "You're talking about the kid?"

Rasid nodded, "The Maganacs are in his debt. From now on, you will call him 'Quatre-sama.' That's an order."

Auda replied enthusiastically, "No need to make it an order. We've fallen in love with that kid..... I mean, Quatre-sama."

Rasid snorted, "Right."

//End of flashback//

Shaking her head out of the flashback, Ami giggled, "That was interesting."

Quatre nodded, "Definitely. Although we didn't exactly hit it off the first time."

Ami agreed, "Not a very good first impression, huh?"

Quatre agreed, "Yeah."

"I was meaning to ask." Quatre began.

"About?" Ami replied.

"The `Ice Dragon Seal'." Quatre finished.

Ami smiled, "It's an ancient magic artifact that could only be used by someone who is of magic descend. The person didn't choose to wear the Seal, instead the Seal chose its owner, the one it deems worthy to use its powers." Ami explained.

Quatre raised his eyebrow in question, "I have no idea that magic still exist in this age."

"Magic has always been existent throughout the entire history of mankind. It's just the problem of utilizing these mystic energies. Even in this age, magic still persists, but it never came out because technology had overpowered this time." Ami replied.

"Wise, as always, Ami." Quatre complimented.

Just then, Ami's communicator beeped.

Turning her earring, her visor came over her eyes. Dr P said over the intercom, "There is a troop of Leos and Aries heading your direction, 00."

"Copy that, Doc. Mission accepted." Ami replied back in a monotone.

Looking at the bewildered Quatre, Ami smiled apologetically, "Sorry, Quatre, duty calls." With that, she darted off into the dark alley, leaving Quatre to stare at her retreating back.

Then, Quatre's communicator sounded. Turning it on, he asked, "Rashid, what's wrong?"

"Quatre-sama, our radars have detected a massive number of enemy heading our way."

Quatre nodded, "I understand. I'll be right back." Then, he darted off, in the direction of his mansion.

Meanwhile, Ami was back in the underwater base, preparing her Gundam. After uploading the necessary preparations, she took off in the direction Dr P gave her.

Along the way, she met up with a couple of Leos and Aries which she managed to destroy, before arriving at her destination.

Upon arriving, she noticed Sandrock and the Maganacs were already on the scene, battling. Scanning the area quickly, Ami immediately noticed that Sandrock was obviously outnumbered. The Maganacs could not help, as they had their hands full.

Letting out a mental sigh, she sprung into action once she spotted a Leo and an Aries attempting to attack Sandrock from behind. Ejecting the electric whip from one of her compartments, she threw the extended chain at the Leo. Wrapping the chain around it, she sent an electric current through. The Leo was electrocuted on impact. The Aries, sensing an enemy, immediately fired its gun at Mobile Suit that finished off the Leo.

Ami smirked uncharacteristically, as she lifted up her shield. Taking careful aim at the Aries, she fired the ice cannon at the Aries which froze. Replacing the whip, she took out the glaive, landed and sliced through the mecha.

Before long, every single mecha was destroyed. Ami's Gundam got up from the previous kneeling position.

Quatre was surprised at the sudden appearance of another Gundam. Curious at whom the pilot might be, he asked over the intercom.

As his picture appeared over Icy Winds' monitor, Ami smirked, "Ow, Cat-chan, you forgot about little old me?" she teased.

Quatre's eyes widened, "Ami!?" he sputtered.

"Yes, it's me." The said girl confirmed.

"But you never told me you piloted a Gundam." He protested.

"Two reasons. One, you never asked, and two, it was classified information." Ami replied.

"But, but . . ." the blonde pilot of Sandrock protested.

Ami snickered. "I think we'd better continue this conversation another day, Kitten."

Quatre turned into a blob of red at the new nickname.

"Quatre-sama, who is that you were talking to? Rashid's voice came over the intercom.

"Rashid, you mean you forgot about your ex-charge?" Ami mock-exclaimed. "I'm hurt."

Rasid blinked hard. "Ami-hime?" he questioned.

"Hai, it's me." Ami confirmed.

"But, how?" he asked, bewildered.

"One word, Setsuna." Ami replied grimly.

"Ah, the ever elusive Dr P." Rasid concluded.

"Ami-hime!" a chorus of voices that sounded remotely like Auda, Abdoul, and Ahmad voiced over the monitor.

Ami giggled, "I see some of you still remember me."

Quatre sweatdropped as the above exchange took place.

"Er, can I suggest something?" he asked meekly.

Ami smiled gently, "Quatre, go ahead."

"I was hoping if you would like to take a rest in my mansion?" he asked hopefully.

Ami shook her head, "I'm sorry, Quatre, but I'm expected back at HQ after this." She replied apologetically.

Quatre's disappointment was evidently shown on his face.

"Oh." He answered, dejectedly.

Ami let out a sad smile, before firing up her Gundam and took off.

The Maganacs and Sandrock watched as Icy Winds flew off into the sunset.

Months passed and the two Gundams had missions together, and sometimes solo missions. However, the locations of their solo missions were not far away from the other. It was as if someone had purposely planned it to be this way.

*************************************************************** ***************************************

SailorStar9: Actually, this is not the actual chapter from the manga. It's based from my overactive imagination. Gomen nasi. *Bows apologetically*

Note to reviewers: After this chapter, I'm seriously contemplating about making this an Ami/Quatre pairing. Therefore, there will be NO MORE voting of Ami/Trowa. You people tell me whether you want this to be an Ami/Quatre fic. Just answer `yes' or `no'.