Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Female Perfect Soldier ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: The Greed of OZ

SailorStar9: Okay, from what I've gathered so far, most of you want this to be an Ami/Quatre. So, I've decided to make this an (dramatic music sounds in background) AMI/QUATRE! (expects applause, but hears crickets chirp in the background.) It's also because I find Ami/Quatre a lot easier to write.

SailorStar9: (sweatdrops) Fine then. Before I start, many thanks to my kind reviewers.

Disclaimer: Sailor Mercury shine aqua illusioned it.

(If you guys want to know what that means, it means that I don't own any of them.)

############################################################### ##################################

Oldestof3: Thank you (bows) but the coupling for this is officially Ami/Quatre. I apologize.

Mercury Ice Storm: (blinks) No wonder I haven't seen you ever since the first chapter. Yup, this is an Ami/Quatre fic.

DevilWench: Well at least you didn't say Ami was OOC since she's almost an exact carbon copy of Hiiro in this, mission-wise that is.

GracedAngel1854: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Terra Rain: Short and sweet, I like that. You're the fourth person who wanted this to be an Ami/Quatre.

Warrior of Wisdom: Sorry to disappoint you, but your vote came a little too late. My sincere apologies.

Scarlet Angel16: (bows apologetically) Sorry to say that both yours and Warrior of Wisdom's votes came too late.

############################################################### ##################################

There was panic in Lucrezia Noin's camp as the bas was attacked in the middle of the night. The alarms sound as the unidentified MS destroyed the base.

We see Lucrezia Noin standing in the front of her demolished base in shock. Standing in front of her was …

"A Gundam!" Noin exclaimed.

From inside Shenlong, Wufei commented solemnly, " Those who are weak do not have the capacity to live, the only path is death!"

Hours later, in the OZ base situated in Europe…

"By the time I arrived, almost all of the facilities had been destroyed. However, Lt. Noin is alright." Lt. Zechs reported.

"You could be the only one who is lucky to have been able to stay alive even after battling that MS." Colonel Treize commented.

"The results from Operation M has confirmed there are six MS. Each MS is created by an alloy that could only be created in the Cosmos - Gundanium." Lt. Zechs continued.

"That's why they are called Gundams." Colonel Treize remarked.

"I have another thing to report, am I granted permission to pilot Tallgeese?" Lt. Zechs requested.

"Hrm … Fine! I'm looking forward to your performance, Zechs." Colonel Treize replied.

"Understood!"

"Is that alright? Trusting Zechs so much?" Lady Une questioned.

"Hn … His capabilities are more than you expect." Colonel Treize replied, taking up his glass of wine.

The Colonel continued, "The Colonies' rebels have already started to take action. In order to reach the goal of having OZ controlling mankind, we can make use such a good opportunity. I entrust you to take care of the Foreign Minister."

Lady Une saluted, " Yes sir. I'll live up to your expectations."

############################################################### ##################################

After her last mission, Ami was back in the underwater base, exhausted. Flopping on her bed, she unzipped her plugsuit and dressed back to her usual clothes.

Taking out her henshinn broach and opening it, the "A Whole New World" melody sounded from the gem in the middle. Ami started to sing softly:

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you
Now I'm in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world
Don't you dare close your eyes
A hundred thousand things to see
Hold your breath - it gets better
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be

After the last sentence, Ami's tears were already flowing freely from her eyes.

"Splendid song, Mercury-hime." A voice commented.

"Indeed." Another voice agreed.

Ami immediately dried her tears before turning `Perfect Soldier' mode. Whipping out her handgun, she pointed the barrel at one of the voices.

"Who are you and who do you work for?" she demanded.

"Why, Mercury, I'm Fate, and this is Destiny. We work for no one except ourselves." Fate replied mirthfully, unfazed by the threat.

Ami blinked a couple of times, before keeping her gun and kneeling down to the two goddesses.

"Miss Fate and Miss Destiny, please forgive my ignorance." She apologized.

"Child, please, get up." Destiny chided her gently.

Ami nodded and stood up.

"Miss Fate, Miss Destiny, may I ask, why are you here?" Ami asked politely.

"Polite and curious as always, Mercury princess." Fate commented.

"To answer your question, child, my sister and I are here to disclose something to you. Here, sit down." Destiny gestured towards a chair. Ami obeyed and sat.

"There are some things that even Sailor Pluto do not know." Destiny started. She was met by a puzzled look form the blue-haired girl.

Fate sighed mentally "What my sister is saying is that Mercury was NEVER meant to be an Inner planet." She concluded.

Her revelation was met by an astonished and shocked expression from the said plant's princess.

"It is true, Mercury IS an Outer planet." Destiny replied.

"But, Mercury is the nearest planet to the Sun." Ami argued.

"Mercury's obit and position was due to the pull of the Moon. If it wasn't for the gravitation pull of the Moon, Mercury would had pummeled into the Sun." Fate explained.

"And when was this?" Ami asked softly.

"Five generations before your mother, the Queen." Destiny answered.

"You weren't meant to protect the Moon Princess the whole time." Fate replied.

"Then, why was I …" Ami trailed.

"Over time, everyone forgot that Mercury was an Outer planet and took for granted that it was the innermost planet in the Solar System. However, Queen Serenity knew about this, and had first demanded that you protect her daughter. When your parents refused, she reminded them that if it wasn't for the gravitation pull of the Moon, Mercury would had pummeled into the Sun. Therefore, you protected Princess Serenity out of gratitude." Destiny explained.

Ami gasped no wonder she felt gratitude for Usagi mostly and then friendship.

"You DID protect Princess Serenity out of gratitude, Mercury-hime. But, the two of you were never friends." Fate stated.

"But, she's one of my best friends." Ami protested.

"And which best friend would lust after your soulmate, I wonder." Destiny smirked.

Ami had no answer to that.

"Proves my point." Destiny muttered.

Fate cleared her throat. The other two occupants turned their heads to her.

"Princess Amelia of Mercury, another reason why we are here, is because of the `Ice Dragon Seal'. The sixth dragon had acknowledged you as its mistress has it not?" Fate questioned.

Ami merely nodded.

"Then, take off the image enhancer. The `Tekkou' is no longer needed. It's time for it to change into its true form." Fate announced solemnly.

Unhooking the image enhancer off her arm, Ami revealed the `Tekkou'. With one point of her finger, Destiny transformed the `Tekkou' into an armband, much like Fuuko's

Fuujin. However, unlike the Fuujin, the main crystal was present. The only smaller crystal that was missing was the one that extended to her middle finger. Ami watched in amazement as the `Tekkou' transformed. Its true state was even more wondrous than she had thought.

The two goddesses smiled mysteriously at the astonished Ice Senshi, before disappearing into space.

Ami sat the edge of her bed, the main crystal glowing, showing the Ice warrior the side of Princess Serenity that no one knew.

On the surface, Princess Serenity appeared pure and innocent. But, deep inside, she was spoilt and selfish. She had been sheltered all her life, resulting in her being very demanding. Whatever she wants, she gets, no arguments.

What Princess Serenity wanted more than anything else was the Prince of Neptune. Even though she was betrothed to Prince Endymion, she craved for Prince Quatre instead. Because he could give her what Endymion could not: the power over Poseidon's trident, and also the prestige of marrying an Outer prince.

Much to her disgust, Prince Quatre had eyes only for one, the Princess of Mercury. Princess Serenity had loathed the ice hime the very first time she laid her eyes on her. Princess Mercury was intelligent, graceful, and most of all, powerful, and she was anything but.

Princess Serenity, however, was not someone who gives up easily. Not knowing how deep their love runs, she tried numerous times to come between them. Unfortunately, she failed every time.

One of her `ultimate' plans was to plant discriminating evidence that Quatre was two-timing Ami with her. However, not only did that plan backfire on her, it also deepened the love between the two even more. From then on, Ami never doubted her koishii again, knowing that it was most probably another of Princess Serenity's tricks to separate them.

At the end of it all, Ami was snapped back into the present. Smiling knowingly at the further knowledge of Princess Serenity's other side, Ami was prepared for anything she threw at her.

A `beep' on her laptop indicated another message from Dr P. Opening up her mail account, Dr P's message read:

Ami,

There will be a peace conference in Los Angeles. The rest of the Gundam pilots will be there under the false information leaked by Colonel Treize. You are requested to arrive at the scene at 1630 and your main priority is to prevent the assassination of Marshal Noventa at all costs. Mission accepted or declined?

Dr P

"Mission accepted." Ami said in a monotone.

############################################################### ##################################

Meanwhile …

Hiiro had received Dr J's email about his next mission.

"All of OZ's important officers will be gathering in Los Angeles this very day. Mission accepted. I'll use Wing to destroy OZ!" Hiiro muttered.

############################################################### ##################################

At the same time…

All the other pilot had also received similar information about that particular mission.

A "Nani!? The sixth pilot is an ONNA!" was heard from a particular pilot of Oriental origin.

############################################################### ##################################

Walking out of the hill at the back of the school, Hiiro heard someone call out his name.

"I haven't seen you the entire day. What are you doing in the back hill?" Relena asked.

Hiiro smirked, "Relena Darlian."

Turning serious, Relena continued, "Who exactly are you? On one hand, you drone on a pilot's suit, if not, you pilot a dangerous MS."

Hiiro burst out laughing, " Me!? I'm a killer."

Pulling his outstretched hand towards her throat, Relena replied, "Fine! If that's the case, then you should finish your mission that night! Kill me!"

Hiiro appeared shocked, "What!?"

Then Relena let out a small smile, "You can't lie to me. You're not a bad guy actually."

Hiiro remained speechless. Just then, he spotted an Aries flying overhead. He immediately darted towards the forest where his Gundam was hidden.

From above, the Aries' pilot questioned, "What's that?"

Inside Wing, Hiiro reported, "Identified Oz's MS - Aries. Proceed to fire." Pressing the trigger, the buster rifle's energy beam shot towards the Aries, destroying it completely.

" Just you wait. I'll annihilate OZ." With that promise, Wing changed its shape to `flight mode' and took off.

Form the ground, Relena watched as Hiiro took off, " Hiiro, you have to come back peacefully."

############################################################### ##################################

In the Los Angeles Peace Conference Hall…

"If we really want to consider living harmoniously with the colonies, we should reduce the monetary contributions to the army and disperse of OZ. Starting from dismantling OZ's arms first, the colonies shall answer to that decision. The only path we shall go is to exist harmoniously with the colonies." Marshal Noventa gave his speech.

Those attending the conference were pacifists of the Alliance. All this was part of Treize's plans and it was falling into place.

Just then, a beeping sound was heard.

"What's wrong?" Marshal Noventa asked.

"The base is under attack!" a soldier reported.

Colonel Treize smirked as he pressed a button on a remote control, "I've been waiting for you, Gundams."

Lt. Zechs was immediately on the alert, "That's the signal. Prepare for battle."

Lady Une announced, "OZ all over the world! This is your chance to defend against the enemy!"

Hiiro was propelling towards the base, when Wing's sensor alerted him of another's presence.

"We meet again, old friend!" Duo answered, Deathscythe landing beside Wing.

"I'm very much wishing to finish of last time's battle, but I have a mission now. Maybe next time." Duo replied.

"Don't interfere with me, brat." Hiiro answered.

With that comment, the two Gundams slashed their way through the sea of Mobile Suits.

"What the…" Duo exclaimed when Deathscythe's sensor picked up an energy signal. "Another three new MS?"

"This is getting interesting." Hiiro commented. "Are they from the opposition?"

"What!? Wait. Those guys, they're attacking the Earth Alliance's forces." Duo exclaimed.

"And the MS bodies ware made of
Gundanium alloy!" Duo exclaimed.

"Could it be that we're all warriors from the colonies with the same mission?" Quatre wondered.

All speculations aside, the five pilots launched a full-force attack.

"If that's the case, we're all comrades then." Quatre called out.

"Hrn, I don't need any partners." Trowa muttered.

"I only fight for the will of Nataku." Wufei replied.

"Hrn, what a bunch of weirdoes." Duo commented.

############################################################### ##################################

Meanwhile, Relena was in another meeting with her father on a colony.

"What did you say?" Mr Darlian exclaimed. "Marshal Noventa is being attacked?"

"That's the latest news coming from Earth. According to them, it's instigated by the rebellion army." Lady Une reported.

"How foolish." Mr Darlian muttered.

"All of you, please remain here while I reconfirm the report. In this case, I'll return shortly." Lady Une requested, leaving her compact behind.

"Hrn, in three minutes…" Lady Une thought. At this point, Relena entered the conference room.

"Father, how are things coming?" she asked Mr Darlian, upon entering.

"There's a slight delay, Relena. You can go back first." Mr Darlian answered.

"Oh!" Relena muttered.

"Hey! Isn't that Miss Une's compact?" she thought.

"Ten seconds..." Lady Une muttered, walking out.

"Excuse me." Relena said, approaching her. Lady Une turned back.

"Is this yours?" she asked, showing the compact in her hand.

Lady Une was taken aback. Snatching the compact, she threw it back towards the building, while shouting, "Long live Earth Alliance!"

The compact smashed into a window and exploded.

"Father!" Relena exclaimed, rushing back.

"This is Lady Une calling. Catch that girl! If she defies arrest, kill her!" Lady Une ordered through a speaker.

"Father, please hang on!" Relena pleaded at her extremely injured father.

"Relena… listen to me." Mr Darlian said weakly.

"You're not my real child." He confessed.

"Father, what are you saying?" Relena was confused.

"Your real name is Relena Peacecraft… the princess of the long-gone Peacecraft Kingdom which promoted peace." Mr Darlian continued, despite his injuries.

With his last breath, he let out a warning, "Be careful of OZ." With that, he passed away in the arms of his adopted daughter.

"Father! NO!" Relena screamed.

Then, suddenly, a cloth came over her mouth, and Relena passed out.

############################################################### ##################################

Back at the battlefield…

"I'll destroy OZ's entire army." Hiiro swore.

"Darn! I'm out of ammo." Trowa muttered, when his beam gatling ran out of bullets.

A sudden intervention from Quatre's stickle prevented Heavyarms from being hit.

"Hey, are you alright?" Quatre inquired, over the intercom.

"I'm QuatreRaberba Winner from Gundam Sandrock." He introduced himself. (A/N: In the middle of a battlefield!?)

"I don't need you to intervene, brat." Trowa retorted.

"But, I think it might be better if we work together. It will be much smoother." Quatre reasoned.

"Maybe. I'm Trowa. Trowa Barton." The silent pilot replied.

"Then, let's work together." Quatre agreed.

"Then, I guess it's my turn." Ami mused, as she watched the battle unfold.

"What the..." Duo commented, when his sensor picked up a heat signal.

"Darn!" Wufei cursed.

"We're surrounded." Duo exclaimed.

"Hey, metal-cans! Wanna play?" a female voice taunted the MS that surrounded the five Gundams.

"What the… the sixth Gundam!" the MS leader exclaimed.

"Destroy the Gundam, but bring the pilot back, alive!" the leader commanded.

"What? Why?" one of the followers demanded

"For some reason, Colonel Treize wants the pilot." the leader answered.

"Have you guys finished chatting?" Ami asked, impatiently.

"Get her!" the leader commanded.

"Yes sir!" the horde of MS pilots chorused.

"Pathetic." Ami muttered.

"Icy Winds, are you ready?" she questioned her Gundam.

Icy Winds' eyes glowed an eerily green in response.

"I thought so." Ami replied, smirking.

Whipping out her glaive, she did not even have a chance to attack, when the MS encircled her.

"So, you want to take it to the skies, huh?" Ami smirked. Propelling her thrusters up, she took off into higher grounds.

"What is she doing?" Duo exclaimed.

"Ami." Quatre blinked at the retreating Icy Winds, worried about her.

A quick surge of ice proved that she had it under control, since almost every single Leo that went after her crashed to the ground.

"Wow." Duo whistled.

"What?" the commander in the Leo exclaimed, seeing his comrades had fallen.

"Bakayaro." Ami whispered, descending down on him, surprising the commander.

The commander did not have time to scream, when Ami thrust the glaive into the Leo's middle.

"Shin, that's for you." Ami whispered, recalling the time she lost her best friend.

"Darn! The sixth Gundam just had to interfere." Colonel Treize cursed.

Ami landed on the ground, right smack in the middle of the other five.

"Onna!" Wufei shouted over her intercom.

"Who are you and who do you work for?" Hiiro questioned harshly at the same time.

"Ami Mizuno. I work for Dr P." Ami replied, a small smirk evident on her face.

"Hn. Hiiro Yui, Dr J." Hiiro replied.

"Whoa, the mysterious sixth pilot is a girl?" Duo whistled.

"Omae wo korosu." Ami retaliated, pointing her glaive at Deathscythe.

"Cool it gal." Duo blinked at the sharp laser blade at Deathscythe's neck.

"Hey, Ami, I was beginning to wonder when you'll show up." Quatre greeted her.

"Very funny, Cat." Ami retaliated teasingly.

Quatre turned a blob of red.

"Do you two have something going on?" Duo asked cheekily.

Ami turned a death glare at him, causing Duo to shrink down.

"Onnas don't deserve to pilot a sacred being such as a Gundam." Wufei retorted.

Ami fired a shot at his remark, missing Shenlong by inches. Wufei was taken aback.

"Take that as a warning, bakayaro." She hissed. "Next time, I wouldn't miss."

Duo let out a low whistle, "Weez, talk about cool under pressure."

Just then, Wing's sensor picked up another movement.

"OZ's shuttle." Hiiro muttered and piloted Wing after it.

"Idiot." Ami muttered as she took off after him.

"Hey!" Duo called out after the two long-lost siblings.

Blocking Hiiro's laser sword with her glaive, Ami prevented him from falling into Colonel Treize trap. That gave the shuttle enough time to escape.

The two Gundams clashed with each other in the air. As their weapons crashed, the two pilots held their ground.

A spark of familiarity took the two by surprise.

"What is this?" Hiiro questioned in his head. "It's as if I know her."

"This feeling." Ami wondered. "Why does it feel as if I know him from long ago?"

"Dr J, why does this name sound so familiar?" Ami wondered. Then, realization struck her.

"Onii-chan?" she whispered over the intercom.

Hiiro frowned when she called him that.

"You're lying, my imuoto is dead." He answered harshly.

"Or is she, Ordin Lowe Jr?" Ami teased, mirth sparkling in her sapphire eyes.

"Nani?" Hiiro exclaimed, his voice coming out of his usual monotone.

"Need more proof?" Ami asked, removing her necklace and showing it to him.

"And the third evidence is that I know you have a birthmark of an ice phoenix on your shoulder. I have one on the back of my shoulder blade" Ami finished.

"Imuoto." Hiiro greeted his long-lost sister, a rare smile gracing his face.

"About time." Ami huffed.

The two reunited siblings landed on the ground, right next to each other.

"Why did you stop him from destroying the OZ's shuttle?" the usually silent Trowa asked the girl.

The other three nodded, Hiiro gave his sister a glare.

"Because I seriously doubt he wants to be labeled as Marshal Noventa's murderer." Ami replied plainly.

"Huh?" everyone was confused, even Hiiro himself.

"One of Colonel Treize's tricks." She hissed with anger.

"Why do I get the feeling you hate him?" Duo wondered.

"I don't hate him, I loathe him." Ami answered, her eyes darkening.

Duo kept his mouth shut for once.

Quatre sighed at the pregnant silence that overtook the demolished battlefield.

"I think introductions are in order." The blonde suddenly suggested.

"I agree." Duo replied gleefully.

"Duo Maxwell, I may run, I may hide, but I never lie. Deathscythe's my baby." Duo answered proudly.

"I'm QuatreRaberba Winner. Sandrock's my Gundam." Quatre replied shyly.

"Hrn. Chang Wufei. Pilot 05 of Gundam Nataku." He huffed.

"Trowa Barton. Pilot of Gundam Heavyarms." Trowa answered.

"Hiiro Yui. Pilot 01 of Gundam Wing." Hiiro replied monotonely.

"Ami Mizuno. Pilot 00 of Gundam Icy Winds." Ami finished, wrapping up the introductions.

"Mizuno?" Hiiro looked at his sister.

"Long story." Ami summarized.

############################################################### ##################################

Relena reawoke to find herself in unfamiliar surroundings.

"This is..." she gasped.

"You're awake, miss." A man in his early 20's said.

"This is the Colonies' underground HQ." Dr J answered. "We brought you here when OZ was not looking." He continued.

"Father… and you are?" Relena questioned, grieved about her adopted father's death.

"I'm Dr J. the one who trained Hiiro to become a professional assassin."

"Hiiro? Why?" Relena questioned further.

"You wouldn't understand, Hiiro's fighting for peace. War was begun by man and has to end with man. This is Hiiro's mission." Dr J explained.

"Isn't there any other way?" Relena asked.

"In the past, the people in the Colonies suffered, then finally, there was hope for peace. Yes, 20 years ago, there was a great leader by the name of Hiiro Yui.."

"Hiiro?" Relena muttered.

"Heh, its because of this reason, I named the kid Hiiro. He will continue the unfulfilled mission."

Dr J continued agitation in his voice, "To them, Hiiro was a great obstacle. From setting up military weapons, overtaking organizations to beginning war: all that's because of the secret organization OZ!"

Slamming his fist on the table, "Dr J shouted, "Therefore, we cannot repeat the mistakes in the past! OZ's Colonel, Treize made use of us, taking control of total military power! The world will be destroyed by OZ!" Dr J finished his speech angrily.

############################################################### ##################################

"Nani?" Ami exclaimed, the sensor of Icy Winds telling her that an MS was heading their way.

The MS, Tallgeese landed beside Gundam Wing.

"Gundams! Unarmor yourselves." Zechs' voice sounded from the MS.

"That voice." Hiiro realized he knew that person.

"We meet again, the Gundam with the ability to transform into a bird. I'm OZ's Zechs."

"So, you're the one in that Leo." Hiiro responded.

"I had initially wanted to compete with you using a Leo, but, take a look at this Tallgeese! In terms of power, it isn't anything inferior to your Gundam. Let's finish that last battle, should we?" Zechs challenged.

"Save it, Zechs!" Lady Une's voice bombed over the intercom. An explosion in space was heard.

"Lady Une, is that you? What are you doing?" Zechs demanded.

"I've already destroyed past of Colony L1. Surrender your Gundams or I'll demolish the entire Colony." Lady Une ordered, smirking.

"What!? The Colony's under attack?" Hiiro thought in horror. "This is all my fault."

"Despicable!" Ami hissed, her hand clutching into a fist.

"Not quite, pilot." Lady Une replied, letting out a sick smile at the girl.

"You're lucky you escaped OZ's clutches two years ago. But, you wouldn't be so lucky this time." Lady Une answered.

"What the hell did you do, Lady Une?" Ami screamed.

Letting out a cruel laugh, Lady Une said, "I've targeted our homing missiles on your precious underwater base. Surrender yourself and your Gundam, or it will be destroyed." Lady Une threatened.

"Nani!?" Ami exclaimed, fury in her voice.

"Lady Une! Stop this instant! This is not what the Colonel wants!" Zechs shouted.

"What do you know, Zechs." Lady Une retorted. "I'm only carrying out Colonel Treize's orders."

"Take this as a warning OZ!" Dr J's voice shouted over the intercom. "You're too foolish!"

"Don't worry about us, Miss Ami." The head technician said at the same time.

"Dr J?" Hiiro gasped.

"Shuu." Ami whispered.

"You kill the innocents discriminatorily. No one, but us, is more aware of this cruelty. Aren't the OZ's rebel forces your targets? We wouldn't surrender to OZ, and neither will we surrender the Gundams to you." Dr J told Lady Une harshly.

"All of us have already moved out of the base." Shuu informed Ami.

"Good." Ami let out a relieved smile.

"Miss Ami, all of us wish you success on your mission." Shuu said, and the conversation was shut off.

"Arigatou, minna." Ami whispered.

"That's from the Colony." Lady Une hissed.

Hiiro smirked, "Do not let the Gundam fall into the enemy's hands. I understand. Good! Initiate self-destruct mechanism."

"Hiiro! Don't press any self-destruct mechanism! You're still young, don't do anything foolish!" Relena yelled behind Dr J.

"Relena?" Hiiro gasped.

"That girl's voice… Relena, can it be?" Zechs wondered.

"Do what you must, onii-chan." Ami voiced over his intercom.

"Imuoto." Hiiro blinked at her request.

Ami gave him an understanding nod.

Knowing he had Ami's support, Hiiro wasted no time in initiating the self-destruct mechanism.

"Hiiro!" Relena screamed.

"Self-destruct?" Zechs questioned.

"Hiiro!" Relena exclaimed.

Both Duo and Quatre had shocked expressions on their faces, while Trowa and Wufei were expressionless.

Ami let out a mental sigh. She knew her brother was tough enough to survive.

"So, he's the teenage pilot of the Gundam." Zechs wondered, as Hiiro's battered form descended swiftly to the ground.

############################################################### ##################################

SailorStar9: Sorry for the long wait!