Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The God and the Guardian ❯ The Battle ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The God and the Guardian

Chapter 5: The Battle

Disclaimer: Oh, you guys know already know the drill… *looks at lawyers* ALL RIGHT I'LL SAY IT!!!! I don't own Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing! BUT!! I own the Universe!

Sailor Universe: I owe you guys an apology, and an explanation… I am very sorry about the whole me being disgusted with the lack of reviews, in truth I was disgusted with myself. See, I don't know about a lot of the other Fanfiction author's, but my friend and I look at our reviews as proof that people are reading our fics. When we don't see any… it tells us that no one is reading, or that no one likes our stories. We know that not everyone has time to review, but we still don't know how many people actually READ them. I've been really stressed lately with school, and my family. I also have another problem that I'm sure that many, if not all, girls can sympathize with me, but guys, if you're reading this; you may, or may not understand this. I've had my period three times in a month, my mom has made a doctors appointment for me, and the thought of me going on medication pisses me off to no end. I've had too much medication in my life and I try to avoid it as much as possible. With all these problems, and the lack of reviews (which made me think that no one was really reading this story) my emotions went on a rampage. I hate to admit that I had lost control of my emotions because I pride myself for my control, but everyone breaks down once in a while and I chose a bad way to vent, and I'm deeply sorry for that. I used to have a habit of writing my feelings down on paper and then burning it. I don't know when I got out of that habit, but I'm going to try to pick up that habit again. Another thing that you guys probably don't want to know about or care, but I think that you disserve to know in order to understand why I think that knowing that people are reading my stories is important to me. I'm hoping to become a part time author when I get out of High school… well I might have to wait until I get out of college. I'm testing some of my ideas in my stories to see how you guys like them. That's why your guys' reviews are so important to me… I don't know, maybe if I had explained that part, then maybe you guys would have understood in the beginning why I was hell bent on reviews because with the lack of reviews it makes me feel like a failure as a writer. I know that me taking my pent up annoyance is wrong and I'm very sorry about that. So, please, please don't nag at me or lecture me about it because I really don't want to rant to my friend about it or have to slowly build up the annoyance pile. As soon as I realized that I had taken out all my stress out on you guys I felt absolutely awful, and I wanted to delete that Authors note, but I haven't figured how yet. Fanfiction.net always had a way to change the system around once I had gotten the hang of it. I guess I'll have to put a chapter in its place next time. One more thing before I let you guys go… I meant what I said that I wouldn't post if I don't get the 10 reviews because then I'll either be finishing the next chapter for you guys, or I'll be working on another fic, and believe me when I say this… I have about 20 to work on, 5 typed, 3 only written on paper, and the rest are running through my head. I'm also taking a lot of difficult classes this year so I can't promise you about getting these done quickly. Well, to the fic we go! And gomen nasi again everyone… I hope that you guys will except my apology.

It was a nice peaceful day, and then all of a sudden a large tremor traveled through the palace causing everyone and everything to fall over.

"NANI KUSO?!" Duo shouted in surprise.

A servant ran in and shouted, "My Lord Shinigami! There are tremors, shouts, and curses coming from the gate that the Lady Hotaru guards!"

"Nani?" the five guys shouted and started running to the gates.

They had a hard time reaching the gate because the closer they got to the gate, the more frequent the tremors became.

`Shimmatta! Hotaru! What's going on?' Duo thought franticly.

When they finally reached the gate they heard shouts, screams, blasts, explosions, and… Hotaru cursing!?

"Shimmatta! DIE KONOYARO! KUTA BARE!" and many others, and in many different languages from the gate. All the guys looked at each other in shock, and slightly green. "Where the hell did she learn all of that?" they wondered.

Duo turned his attention back to the gate and tried to open it.

"Stop Duo! You can't do that, you might get hurt!" yelled a slightly panicked Quatre.

"We have to help her! If something happens to her I'll never forgive myself! Also, we'll be in a shit load of trouble!" Duo argued in desperation.

This seemed to run through the others heads, and then they all agreed and attempted to open the gate, the gate felt so heavy instead of its usual lightness. The door began to slowly open and then…

~Hotaru's POV~

I was standing at my post as usual, and everything seemed to be perfectly normal. Then I suddenly felt about 10,000 presences enter my domain. I got ready for battle because I could tell that they were from the negaverse trying to get to the Underworld. After 10 minutes of blasts, explosions, screams, and swearing I felt the gate begin to be slowly opened by Duo, Heero, Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei. Thinking fast I used an attack that would kill and destroy 5,000 youmas and threw my back into the gate to keep it shut.

`WHAT ARE YOU YOU DOING!? ARE YOU CRAZY!? GOOO BACK TO THEE THRONE ROOM AND STAY THERE UNTILL I COME! NOW GO! I'VE ONLY GOT 1,000 MORE TO GO!' she mentally screamed at them.

~Back with the Guys~

They all, painfully, heard Hotaru's message and reluc6tantly ran back to the throne room. About 5 minutes later Saturn entered the throne room, which was a shock because Hotaru is never transformed when she leaves the gate.

"Hotaru! What's going on?" Duo questioned his fiancé.

"The Negaverse decided to launch a full scale attack/" she replied.

"Miss Hotaru… what exactly does that mean?" Quatre asked.

"That means, that I'm going to take you to Pluto." she answered.

Before they could ask any more questions they disappeared in a flash of light.

~At the Time Gates~

"Pluto, do they really have to be sent away?" asked a tearful Mercury.

"It's for their protection from the Negaverse," Pluto said, "Also, even if we were going to send only Shinigami away the others would want to go and protect him."

"We understand Pluto, it's just…" Crescent trailed off.

"I know… I know." Pluto said softly.

"Puu," Cosmos started, "Will we be able to visit them?"

"Only if it's really necessary. We don't want to draw the Negaverse's attention towards them." She answered.

There was a bright flash of violet light. Once the light was gone you could see Saturn, Duo, Quatre, Heero, Wufei, and Trowa.

"Why are we here? And why are you girls here?" Duo asked. (Sailor Universe: He doesn't mean Pluto, he's talking about Cosmos, Mercury, and Crescent.)

"I'm going to send you five to another dimension." Pluto said.

"Why?" Trowa questioned.

"So that `if' the Negaverse got past me they won't find Shinigami, or any of you guys," Saturn said, "Also, you four need to watch over him. In fact… you all need to watch over each other in the dimension that you're going to."

"I think that private good-byes are in order." Mercury said softly. Everyone nodded in agreement and the couples separated in different directions.

~Setsuna and Wufei~

"I never thought that this would happen." Wufei said.

"The Fates are testing us, now we will see if we pass…" Setsuna said with a pause, "Even though I saw this possible event I wished with all my heart that it would never happen… I knew that this could possibly happen, but it didn't help with the pain that I feel now…"

"Do we pass?" Wufei asked.

"There are future's where we pass with flying colors. Other's… we passed, but the road wasn't as smooth. Then, there is one possible future where we fail…" Setsuna said while a lone, blackish-red, tear made its way down the side of her face.

Wufei wiped away the tear and said softly, "Setsuna, I love you with all my heart and soul… never forget that… we will pass this test and hopefully this war will be over soon."

"I won't forget, for I love you with my entire being… Here I want you to have this," she said.

Setsuna took out a silver and black-red chain with a, silver, three inch, pendent that looked like a miniature Time Staff. Where the garnet orb was, there was a small blood red stone. Inside the stone it had a somewhat misty look inside, just like the mists in the 4th dimension.

"My mother gave it to me… Now I'm lending it to you. Wear it always, for it will protect you." She said softly.

"Setsuna, I can't take this." Wufei protested.

"You can and you will." She stated.

"What if it gets broken? I would never forgive myself since this was the last thing that you ever got from your mother before she died."

"She asked Hephaestus to make it, there for it is indestructible. The other girls have pendants that he made as well, and they're more than likely telling the guys to take them… Plus, she would want me to lend this to you… you will need its light and guidance far more than I in the dimension that you are going to." Setsuna replied with a small smile.

"Ok, you win… again…" Wufei said with a small smile before leaning down and capturing her lips with his own.

~Quatre and Amy~

"I'm really going to miss you Amy."

"I'm going to miss you so much as well Quatre," Amy said grief stricken with tears running down her face in rivers of icy blue, she then shook her head and said, "Before I forget. Keep this with you… My mother gave it to me before she died. It will protect you…"

She handed him an icy blue and silver chain that had a three-inch miniature of the Mercury harp. Where the Mercury sign was located on the actual harp was a small icy blue stone that gleamed in the light like a glacier.

"Amy, thank you, but are you sure if you want to give this to me?"

"Yes, you can use it as an a incentive to come back to me to return it." She replied with a watery smile.

"I will return this to you Amy, but I won't come back to just return this… I will come back for you because I love you, and I will love you for all eternity."

Amy wrapped her arms his neck and said, "I love you too. From now and forever… even in death." Then she kissed him.

~Trowa and Luna~

"Trowa… Goddess, this is hard… I want you to hold on to this for me." Luna said while handing a silver and purple chain. On the chain was a three-inch silver pendent that was a miniature of her sword. On the hilt of the sword was a purple and yellow stone that shone softly. "It will protect you… Its only on loan, so you better not lose it." Luna added in attempt to lighten the mood.

Trowa opened his mouth to say something, but was silenced when Luna placed a finger on his lips. (Sailor Universe: Trowa… being silenced? Now I've read everything! LOL! Ok, ok I'm typing already! Damn, I only pointed out the near impossible! ((Well obviously they all ready read it and realized that or they simply don't CARE!)) What the hell are you doing here! ((You always get to do the talking! I WANNA TALK TO!!!!)) You can't because you need to go back to your corner! ((But I wanna write something!)) We're the same dam person!!!!! Many personalities and one body! I'm the one that has control when writing fanfics! ((But what do I do?)) *sigh* Why don't you go to your corner and try to figure that out on your own. ((OK! *goes to corner*)) *turns to readers* Sorry about that. She isn't the brightest part of my mind… err, our, mine, oh whatever lets just get back to the story before she comes back, because she's the blonde part of me and it wouldn't be good if she came back, and no I'm not really blonde, but I used to be when I was little but it turned dark brown.)

"Shh… you don't need to say anything, because I already know," she whispered,

Then she kissed him while her tears streamed down her face like endless purple and yellow rivers of sorrow.

~Heero and Serenity~

"Well… I definitely wasn't expecting something like this to happen." She said softly.

"Sere, I promise that I'll come back to you." Heero stated.

"I know that you will… Here take this," she whispered.

She handed him a silver and gold chain that had a silver three-inch pendent attached to it. The pendent was a miniature of Serenity's staff that her wields as Cosmos. On top of the staff, where the Cosmos Crystal would be found, was a diamond that had a many colors that gently swirled around within.

"Wear it always, for it will watch over you until you return it to me." She said with silver tears running down her face.

"Thank you Sere… I will return in order to give this back to you, and most of all I will return for you." He said softly while gently placing his hand on her cheek.

"I love you Hee-chan, forever…" she whispered to him.

"I love you too Sere… my goddess." He replied while leaning towards her and placed his lips over hers.

~Duo and Hotaru~

"Hotaru… I'm going to miss you…" Duo said with a heavy heart.

"I'm going to miss you to Duo-chan… I hate to have to send you and the others away, but we can't risk the Negaverse finding you in the Underworld…" Hotaru said sadly.

"How is sending us away going to do us any good?!" Duo asked in frustration.

"They will never suspect us to send you guys away. If they did figure that out, which would be amazing since they are pretty stupid, you and the others will have protection." She answered.

"Protection?"

"Here." She said while handing him the chain and pendent that she had worn the night of the first ball that she went to with him. (Sailor Universe: I know that I called it a necklace but bear with me ok? ((*opens the door to main part of mind* Hey I think that I-)) *SLAM!!!!* *looks at readers in panic* DON'T JUST SIT THERE! GO! GO! GO! HURRY UP AND KEEP READING BEFORE SHE GETS IN!!!!! ((*bangs on door* Hey open up!)) NEVER!)

"This will protect you."

"Hotaru I can't take this!"

"You can and you will. I want to take it and when you return you can give it back to me."

Duo sighed, "All right you win."

Hotaru smiled softly at Duo. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held him close to her while Duo wrapped his arms tightly around her waist. They held each other while praying that this wasn't happening and that this was just a nightmare, but of course, reality always had a harsh way of reminding you when you are dreaming and not dreaming. Hotaru finally let her tears that she tried so hard to keep back, fall and make their why down her face in purple-black rivers of pain, heart-ach, and sorrow.

"Hotaru, I'll love you until the end of time and beyond. I swear to you that when I return we will get married as soon as possible, because I never want to have to separate from you again after this war is over."

"I love you Duo, and you better marry me when you get back otherwise I will make your immortal life miserable!" Hotaru said with a big watery smile.

Duo laughed at her response. "I don't doubt that for a second."

"Good… I think that its almost time for you to go." Hotaru said sadly.

Duo kissed her passionately wanting to remember how she tasted before he was sent away. Hotaru clung to him until they separated for air.

"I promise that I will visit you if I can." Hotaru said slightly breathless.

"I'll be looking forward to it."

They then turned back towards the gate and began walking.

~The group in front of the Time Gate~

"When you reach the dimension you will receive all the knowledge hat you will need, and you will know what role you will play there. Be careful all of you, for we do not know if the enemy already be there searching for you or something else. The Fates will only show us so much. Hotaru will come to get you when it's time for you to come home. We'll be watching you, and we will also try to pay you all visits if we can as well." Pluto said sadly.

The guys nodded in understanding before a portal opened up behind them to their hiding place.

"We'll be waiting." Duo said.

Then they disappeared from their loves lives, but not for long… they would be back soon… soon.

To Be Continued…

(Sailor Universe: Well I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. Until next time!)