Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ To Trust and Love Again ❯ chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8

A bright light engulfed Duo as he stepped foot outside of the school perimeter. To the on-lookers, all they could see was a black dust cloud and winds surrounding two young adults and a chill permeated the air. The on-lookers could also feel death and pains to those whom are about to die a mortal or tragic death. Hotaru giggled as she closed her eyes and felt her true self come forth. Her black dress, scythe, and her love she held for her soul-mate. Duo opened his eyes and blinked a few times. A scythe appeared in his right hand, a black cloak covered his body and shadowed his face, and underneath his cloak he wore silver armor with skeletal texture to his shin guards. He looked at Hotaru and saw the woman in his dreams standing before him, and a smirk graced his face as he took a step towards his woman, snaked his left arm around her slender waist, and possessively claimed her lips. `You're mine.' <Can we go somewhere else, Shingnami?> He broke the kiss and planted a soft kiss on her forehead as he closed his eyes and allowed them to disappear. Civilians gaped at a sight that sent chills throughout their bodies, as if their souls were calling out to the strange couple that disappeared in a blink of an eye.

~~~****

Amara, Michelle, and Lita lifted their heads as they felt a disturbance of familiarity come and go. They each looked at one another, gave each other a shrug, and looked back to the gym floor. Lita still brooding over the last fifteen minutes of class at what the sexist man said about women. Popping each and every knuckle, she glared at the man as he stood on a floor mat getting ready to spar with his friend. "That's it."

Amara and Michelle startled at their tomboyish friend looked to their left to see her walking towards the sparring arena. Two sets of eyes followed an upset scout of thunder and lightening to the sparring match, and knew the two men were involved with the task at hand. "Do you think we should say something?"

Amara allowed her eyes to look at her concerned lover and back to what was about to take place - A, Wufei punching Lita and yelling at her and calling her a stupid onna; B, Lita blocking a punch and delivering a punch of her own; or C, Someone will stop the fight that's about to begin. "I think we should watch and see what happens."

"I can't believe that stupid onna, and Yuy. Since when does he skip class?"

Trowa slowly went into a fighting stance and silently wondered the same thing - Yuy and missing class. His hazel eye caught a glimpse of an upset girl marching her way over to them, and smirked. Is she upset about Wufei telling her that women are made to stay in the kitchen?

Pop! "Nande kuso?!" Wufei yelled as he rubbed his right cheek and looked at an enraged woman glaring him down with a thunder storm brewing in her emerald eyes. His coal eyes looked at his comrade and back at the girl. They look identical. Hardening his gaze on her and felt his pride being shattered as he felt the P.E.s class looking at him and an onna who punched him - hard. "Are you crazy?"

Lita straightened her shoulders as she saw a bruise forming and a smirk graced her features. "No. I just proved a point."

"What point."

"That I'm not weak!"

Wufei snorted at her and had to hold back a smile as he saw a fist come his way. His left hand grabbed the fist aimed for his nose and looked into eyes that were turning to a dark green. All because of me? His eyes locked with hers. "You'll always be weak."

Lita could feel a storm wanting to burst within her as she continued to look at this man who she swore was Rei except in a male body. She swung at him and felt humiliation settle within her as he grabbed a hold of her other fist. I am not weak. I am not weak. I am not weak. Doing the only thing she could think of, lifted a knee, and kneed him in the stomach. She watched as he let go of her fists and rested his right arm over his stomach. "If I wasn't weak, then WHY are you holding your stomach?"

"Onna!"

Amara and Michelle both looked at each other and back to a man that's ready to pounce on their friend, and to their friend as they could feel a thunderstorm wanting to release. "Come on, Michelle."

Trowa chuckled at what he just saw and decided to step in, "Wufei, enough."

"Lita, back down." Amara said as she wrapped an arm around Lita's.

Lita looked back to her and back to the man that made her blood boil in three-point-three seconds with hatred and a feeling of familiarity. "Fine. I'm through here anyway."

The three turned around and left two very confused men. "I wonder how Mina's doing," Michelle asked as they walked towards the bleachers and sat down.

Lita sat down with her arms folded and let go a sigh. "I wonder how Serena's doing."

~~~~***

"Okay, Saturn, how do I get rid of this?"

Saturn giggled as she closed her eyes and opened them again to see her school uniform on instead of her past-self form. "Just concentrate on the clothes you were wearing, Shingnami." Her playful eyes changed to those of a concerned mother, "Your clothes only, Shingnami."

Duo stood in place of Shingnami and looked at her, "So the dream I had really wasn't a dream?"

Hotaru shook her head as she sat down on a couch and looked at him, "Iie. A memory to our past."

Duo soon joined her side and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, "I'm slowly getting my memories back, but they concern you and me mostly, with glimpses of Prince Quatre and Princess Serenity." His child-like eyes looked at her with concern and worry as he felt her body tense when he mentioned Serenity's name. "Is everything okay?"

An empty soul greeted him as he looked into her eyes with his eyebrows furrowed together. "Hotaru?"

"I wasn't there, Duo. I wasn't there to protect her."

Shaking his head with confusion as he listened to her words. "What happened, Hotaru? What happened to Princess Serenity?"

"I cannot tell you, Duo. It grieves me too much."

He wrapped his arms around her and allowed her to let go of her worries and pain. As he closed his eyes glimpses of a man pinning a girl with golden hair done up into a strange hairstyle to a wall and saw this man undoing the defenseless girl's shirt. Another image appeared and what he saw made his stomach churn. The same man was doing things to the same girl that made Duo's blood boil. Another image appeared, and this time it was a bright light that turned to a black void, and a crystal slowly shattering. He had to swallow the vile taste as the images he saw of the man kept running through his mind, "Ho . . ." clearing his throat to get his voice back, "Hotaru, what was that?"

She looked at him and said nothing. "Things that happened and are happening to Princess Serenity," broke the eerie yet peaceful atmosphere.

"You mean . . ."

He received a nod and he wrapped his arms tighter around his salvation, "She's given up."

~~~~***

~Heero and Serena's Dream~

"This . . . is your kingdom?"

"No. This is Elysion."

Confused she looked back at him, "Then why are we here if this isn't your kingdom?"

"To get a horse." He chuckled as he saw a blank look and her right eyebrow raised to what he just said. "Do you know what a horse is?"

"Um, what is it?"

He laughed at her and motioned for her to follow him, "I'll show you."

"Prince Aires!"

A man that resembled Endymion with the exception of gray hairs greeted them as they walked towards a stable. "King Endymion."

"Princess Serenity, its nice to finally see you here at Elysion."

She did a small curtsy, "Hello, King Endymion."

"What can I do for you, two?"

Prince Aires looked at his queen to be and at his uncle - he smiled. "A horse for Princess Serenity."

"I think we can manage. Come."

Serenity's blue eyes were like a child as she looked around at the unfamiliar things. Amusement washed into her blood as she saw trees that were a luscious green and some flowers that were completely different than the ones on the Moon. "I never realized how vibrant Earth is."

King Endymion and Prince Aires both smiled at each other as they continued their walk. "Since this is your first time here, Princess Serenity, I'll give you a gift while you are here on Earth." They entered the stables to see Serenity's eyes widen with amusement. "So this is what a horse looks likes?" She asked while pointing to an Appaloosa.

Walking towards the Appaloosa, a stableman stumbled from a cell, and landing in a pile of hay. "Not again."

Aires smirked as they began to walk towards the flustered stableman, "New horse?"

"Yes. A stallion that's been captured a week ago."

Aires chuckled again as he approached the man, "Looks like you have your work cut out."

"Aires, why is this horse tied up?"

The stableman, Aires, and King Endymion cringed as they looked to their left to see Serenity slowly approaching the untamed beast. "Because, I was getting ready to break him in."

Confused, she looked back to the three men with questions to be answered, "Break him in?"

"So he can be ridden."

"Would you like to feed one of the horses?"

A 100-watt smile broke out as she looked back to the horse, "Can I feed him?"

"I think you should feed another horse. This one isn't used to humans yet."

Giggling as the horse gave her a nudge, she looked back to him and began to stroke the nose, "Are you sure?"

Prince Aires smirking the whole time as he watched the interaction with the stallion and Serenity take place, he picked up some hay and handed some to her, "Here."

King Endymion smiled as he saw a miracle take place, cleared his throat. "Do you like him, Princess Serenity?"

"I think he's a beauty. Just look at him, he's black as a shadow, yet shines like the sand of the moon."

"Then, I offer you this horse for your gift."

"What?" She turned around to see a serious look on his face and looked at Aires wondering if this was a joke. When she saw the dead-pan look on his face, she knew . . . she knew this horse was hers. "Does he have a name?"

"Nope."

She looked back to her gift and rested her forehead against the bridge to the horse's nose, "Night Shadow."

~~~~***

"May, I help you?" A servant asked a group of royalty as they stood at the door to the castle and looking around luscious land.

A young man with blonde hair and kind blue eyes looked at her with a smile, "Yes. We are here to see Princess Serenity."

The servant smiled at them and gave a quick nod, "Lets go and send a servant to find the princess."

"Master Aires?"

"Yes, Helios?"

Helios looked at his King and back to the palace, "News is, the Mistress' brother and court is here to see here."

"What's wrong with that?"

Helios looked at Prince Aires with a nervous smile as his blue eyes looked over to a field, "They're heading towards the field the Mistress is working in."

"Shit." Aires dropped the reins to the field horse and at his guardian, "Do you know exactly where she's at?"

"I'm sorry, Master Aires, but I think it would be wise to get to the Mistress before they do."

"I'm well aware of that, Helios." As he closed his eyes, he looked up at the sky, and felt time running out for him.

"Serenity?"

Serenity hearing her name being called, looked up to see her twin, guardians, and her brother's court looking at her as she stood in a field with mud up to her ankles, dried mud on her cheeks, her hair done up in a tight bun, and her left hand holding a basket full of corn against her hip. "Quatre, what are you doing here?"

Quatre seeing red as he saw his sister doing slave work, looked down at a toddler with carrot-red hair and blue eyes holding onto the hem of her dress. "We came to see you, since it's been two years." Walking as close as he could to the field, he looked closer at his sister, and his eyes widen as he saw her stomach more fuller than the last time he saw her. "You've gained weight, Serenity."

Serenity mentioned for one of the field workers to come and get the basket as she picked up the toddler, and smiled to herself as she saw her husband standing behind the unwanted guests. "What brings you here?"

Quatre and the group turned around to see Aires standing with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face, "To see how Serenity is doing. If I didn't know any better, you'e making a slave out of her, and what . . . impregnating her?!"

Serenity set the toddler down as she walked over to her brother with rage flowing her veins as he began to make acquisitions against the man that allowed her to be free. "Wait a minute, Quatre. You know nothing about the situation, and I choose to work."

"You don't deserve this! You're coming back, Serenity."

"No, I'm staying here at my home!"

"Home?! HOME?! No, you're HOME is back on the Moon and away from him!"

Aires attempted to take a step towards his wife and the toddler but found a certain God of Death and the God of Mars stepping in his way. "Move."

"No can do. This is between Serenity and Quatre."

Eight heads turned around to see Quatre holding his stomach and yelling at the top of his lungs. Aires looked at the group and smirked before he vanished. Venus rushed up to her husband and gently touched his upper arm. Her eyes filled with worry as she saw pain in his blue eyes, "Quatre are you okay?"

His voice shaky as he planted a smile on his face to keep her from worrying about his physical condition, "Yes. I'm going to need every one of your help to take her back."

"Quatre, do you think it's the right thing?"

"If she stays here, she's going to work herself to death," Mercury piped up as she looked at the other servants working diligently on the fields.

"Serenity?"

Serenity turned quickly on her heels, the front of her dress clutched tightly into her hands and tears stained her sun-tanned face. "Thank Selene its you, Aires."

"You do realize they're going to do everything they can to take you back to the moon, don't you?"

Sitting down on the unmade bed with her hands resting on her lap and she looked at him with a sad smile, "Yeah, I know. They don't know, Aires . . . they don't know."

"They think that all I want the alliance for is to make you a slave." Running a hand through his tousled hair, he sat next to her, and wrapped an arm around her waist. His other hand resting on her swollen abdomen, "Serenity, you know -"

She turned her gaze on him and rested her left hand on his right cheek, "Aires, you work just as hard as I do by helping the servants getting this years crop in. If we don't help, we won't have the food to feed everyone in the kingdom."

"Mom."

Aires and Serenity looked down at the toddler and smiled. Aires helping the toddler on the bed, "Hey Patrick."

Serenity ran a hand through his carrot red hair and smiled, "If Rebecca could see her son, Aires."

"I know. However, she placed his care into our hands, remember?"

"Yes."

Aires stood up and walked over to the basin, "I suggest we get cleaned up and look more presentable."

"Quatre, you do realize this will ruin your relationship with Serenity if you go through with this plan."

"I know Venus, but its for the best. I thought," Quatre said as he ran his left hand through his platinum blonde hair as his eyes looked at his wife, "my best friend wouldn't treat my sister like a slave. I'm telling mother that the alliance with Aires is off as soon as we get back."

"Then what about Endymion? You and I both know that Serenity picked Aires because of the friendship she has with Mars and Endymion." She placed her right hand on his right shoulder and squeezed it slightly with a small smile on her youthful face, "Quatre, all I'm saying is, I hope you know what you're doing. Maybe there's more to the picture than what meets the eye."

"She's going back tonight, Venus."

"Serenity, you and I need to talk without Aries."

Serenity looked to her right and back to her twin, her eyebrows scrunched together, "Quatre, whatever you have to say to me, you can say it in front of Aires."

A servant was quickly running through the halls, yelling Aires' name, and waving his arms about. Aires resting his hand on the young lads shoulder, soft Prussian eyes looking into light green eyes, "What is it, Mike?"

"Simon . . . he," still doing his best to catch his breath, "he hit his foot with a hoe and is bleeding very badly, Master Aires."

"Where's Helios?"

"Gathering up some bandages to suppress the bleeding."

"I'll be right there." Aires looked back at Serenity and whispered into her ear, "Are you going to be alright?"

"Yes." Shoving him in the direction of Mike, "Simon needs your help."

She watched him start running down the hall and looked back to see Jupiter and Zeus walking up to her and Quatre giving them a nod, "You're coming back."

"I'm not going back, Quatre." Her eyes nervously looked to her brother, one of her protectors, and brothers friend slowly advance on her as she took a step back.

"Its for the best," she heard Jupiter say as she felt Jupiter grab her right arm and Zeus grabbing her left.

"No!" Serenity head looked up to see Aires running down the hall, and with all her might her lungs could yell, "ARIES!"

Aires stopped! He looked back towards Serenity and found her being held captive, "Shimatta!" He looked back at Mike who was looking at the scene taking place and back to her struggling with all her might. "Mike, tell them that I'll be there as fast as I can." With whatever powers he possessed, he ran with his might to his love. "Serenity!"

Serenity looked up with twin streams of tears running down her ivory cheeks, still struggling to break free. She knew what would happen when she went back to the Moon, and she knew her protectors and brothers friends would watch her like a hawk. "Aires, don't let them take me, PLEASE!"

As Aires took a step forward he saw Quatre draw his sword, Shingnami with his scythe, and Hephaestus holding his sword of fire. "Get out of my way."

"I'm not letting you turn my sister into a slave! As of now, you're not welcomed on the moon. You'll be held prisoner if we see you step foot on the Moon, understand."

His Prussian eyes turned almost black as he looked at one of his best friends, "Don't do this Quatre."

"You leave me no choice!"

"Quatre . . ."

"Lets go everyone."

A portal opened up and the group began to walk towards it. Before Serenity disappeared from his life, her eyes told him everything while her voice begged him, "AAARRRIIIEEESS!"

~ End of Dream ~

"AAARRIIEEESS!" Panting and sweating, her hands clutched a hold of her sheets. Her crystal blue eyes looked around her surroundings to see silver curtains pulled back to let in some light. "A dream . . ." as she whispered with a dry throat. She licked her chapped lips and did her best to moisten her dry and cotton mouth and repeated to herself, "a dream . . ."

"Princess, you're awake."

~~~~***

His Prussian eyes were wide open as he looked at his closed door. His eyes noticed movement from the right and saw his guardian sitting on his office chair, "Helios?"

"Yes, Master Aires?"

"That dream . . ." his voice trailed off as the images waltzed around in his mind of them taking her.

"I'm sorry Master, but that was real."

His eyes widen as he heard the words he wished were not true, his friends - the Gundam Pilots - were a part of his past. The dream, no memory was from his past, and Serenity . . . "Where is she, Helios?"

Ice blue eyes looked into eyes that wanted nothing more than the truth. Helios sadly looked away and out the window to see the sun setting, "I don't know."