Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ When All is Forsaken ❯ Making it a Difference ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
When All is Forsaken
Chapter 1: Making it a Difference
By: Kolinshar Jackie-chan Benito
August 2003

* * * * * * * * * *

Present Day
The man once called Shingo Tsukino stared hard at the screen. Whereabouts unknown , it had said. A disappointed sigh escaped his chapped lips. But the information he had gotten was enough to get a lead on and track this person down. Staring at the picture of his sister once again, he knew it would be worth all the pain and waiting to finally see her again. He clicked on the button labeled "print," and the sound of the fans inside of the printer whirring were softly heard.

The out of date picture was the only thing that he had of any relevance to her now. Heero felt compelled to remember the night that she had ran away from home. It had been partly his fault. Aw, fuck it. It was actually completely his fault. Heero had totally screwed up big time with his older sister. He had never been a good brother to her. More like the conformed typical brother expected during the century. The annoying brat that everyone expected him to be towards an older sibling. But he had really crossed the line when he had pushed to get the information that he so desperately wanted. But as the saying goes, Usagi had shoved back. Hard.

Heero never forgot anything in his life. Ever since his training with Doctor J, to every suicidal mission, and even the stupid cocktail parties Quatre and Relena had managed to drag him into, Heero Yui never missed a minute of it. He recalled every detail that needed to be known and stored it in his mind. When shoved all the way to the back, or just plainly ignored, it would make itself a backup. And its backups would make another backup. Everything from the important officials that had attended, the bases that he had destroyed, the attempts to dodge projectiles coming toward him at the same speed at a fired bullet, he remembered it all.

Heero learned to analyze and respond quickly to events that could have resulted with dire consequences. He maintained the stamina and endurance that had been beaten into him by an insane professor. He could accept death as easily as accepting that a bee had pollinated a flower. But Shingo Tsukino was different. Shingo was a fun loving kid in elementary who enjoyed his video games and ice cream rather than training simulations and bicarbonate materials and grains which were most likely steroids. Shingo would rather watch TV than analyze mountains of gigabytes worth of data, only to follow up on small leads or clues. But Shingo Tsukino also had a passion for trying to get a rise out of his older sister, and annoying people was only a game to him.

But it would mostly be the last game he ever played with his sister before that night. When she ran away. Away with tears on her face and nothing on her of any value other than the clothes on her back and a golden star locket she never seemed to let go. And a broach. Let us not forget that damn broach that started the whole mess in the first place.

* * * * * * * * * *

Seven Years Before Present Day
Bleary Prussian blue eyes slowly opened, the human with his face attached to them only one fourth awake. 'What the hell.?' was the only thought running through his mind at the unexpected awakening. Shutting his eyes one again, he forced himself to succumb to sleep.

A rustling sound outside his bedroom door aroused him up once again.

Glancing at the digital number on the click displaying military time, the red digits shone brightly in the dark revealing 0350 hours. He was no longer half-asleep after that. His heart thundered against his chest, blood pounding in his ears.

Various thoughts ran though his head.

'Is it a thief?!'

'Was there someone that had broken into the house?'

His parents had disappeared to the country for the weekend, leaving Usagi in charge of the house and Shingo's only source to the money they had left behind, in case of emergencies. Usagi hadn't come home before he had gone to bed.

A resounding crash echoed through the house, as what Shingo now knew was the painted flower vase his mother had bought in China. Cursing followed, with what sounded like a female voice and voice that sounded like, Usagi?!

Shingo shook her head, trying to relieve himself of the small amount of paranoia he had invested within himself unknowingly. He mentally berated himself. 'Baka Shingo. Duh, it's only the klutz.' And with that final thought, he yanked his door opened, fully intending to give his older sister a piece of his mind.

But what he saw stopped him dead in his tracks.

"Usagi!" Shingo cried out in horror as his eyes gave Usagi a once over. She was covered from head to toe in a dark substance. Dread crept up in his stomach and dropped like a rock as he realized it was blood.

"Shingo-kun... help me up, will you?" Usagi groaned as she obviously clutched her gut in pain.

* * * * * * * * * *

Present Day
Usagi Tsukino accidentally slammed her elbow into the gyrostabilizer, hard. Again . Clenching her teeth together to stop herself from screaming out in agony, she felt her jaw tightening to stop the scream which threatened to come. This was the third time she had done that in the last half-hour, and by God, it hurt like hell.

"Hey Usagi? You doing alright up over there?" Her employer, Hilde, shouted at her. Combined with her seemingly western drawl that she had, it sounded a lot like she was saying, "'ey Usagi? Yew doin' alright up over there?" She had finally gone to investigate the repeating sounds she had heard persistently over the past thirty minutes.

"Yeah, I'm just fine Hilde. Hey, would you mind passing me that spare power coupling? It should be on the ground by the bottom of this hunk of tin somewhere." The so called hunk of tin that Usagi ever so politely referred to was actually one of the very last Taurus models in existence. It had been secretly stored away in Hilde's junkyard by her boyfriend. Well, Hilde kept denying that the braided chocolate haired man was her boyfriend, but Usagi knew better. Although, Ms. In Denial was practically breaking the law, she seemed to trust this Duo person ("He is NOT my boyfriend, Usagi!" ) with her life.

Usagi knew from experience that Hilde was not a person to make mistakes very easily. This woman was one of those individuals who checked, and double-checked things to make sure that nothing went wrong. And bond of trust with this person was something that was built over time and experience. If Hilde could accept this mobile suit only with the nod of her head, and a screwdriver pointing into the direction of the hidden hanger, Usagi was almost ready to bet her life that Duo was a very trusted person in her life.

Hence on the whole boyfriend shenanigan that Usagi relentlessly droned onto her. ("For the last time, Usa! DUO MAXWELL IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" )

Ever since the Earth Sphere United Nations (ESUN) had come into place, with Vice Minister Relena Dorliens declaration for total pacifism, many people had been more than eager to destroy their inactive mobile suits. It had also been rumoured that the Gundam Pilots had sent their own suits straight into the heart of the sun to become molten gundaniam. But after she was kidnapped by the child of Trieze Kushrenada, Mariemaea, she had changed her views slightly, and realized that sometimes small amounts violence was necessary to finally attain true peace. She had heard of the riots and revolts against the Barton Foundation that had rebelled against the invading colonists. That they were finally fighting for their right to live. She had kept a close touch with all the Gundam Pilots, via the heavily funded Preventors. The Lady Une was one of the very few people that they kept in contact with on a regular basis.

Groping around blindly in the cluttered cockpit of the Taurus, Usagi discovered she was missing one very important tool.

"And while you're at it, grab the monkey wrench too!"

A few minutes passed and Usagi saw Hilde's brunette locks peeking through the doorway. Face finally coming into view, Usagi saw Hilde roll her eyes as she passed over the things Usagi had asked for.

She commented sarcastically as she poked her head though the cockpit and handed Usagi the items. "What am I? Your personal servant?"

Usagi laughed merrily, "If that was true, I'd be ordering you to make me some food!" As if on cue, her stomach grumbled agreeing with Usagi completely. "God, I'm starved!"

Hilde shook her head, all too knowingly, "You know, with the amount of food you eat in only a month, I wouldn't be too surprised if it would be enough to feed a starving colony! C'mon, I'll make us some lunch." She glanced down at a pink sport watch strapped down on her wrist. A present from Usagi for her birthday. "Woah! It's no wonder you're starving! It's already four o'clock! You've been here since dawn too. Hmm, there are bags under your eyes, girl. ...Usagi, have you been getting much sleep?"

Uh oh. Everyone on both the Earth and the Colonies beware. Hilde had just gone into her terrifying maternal mode.

Usagi waved off Hilde's concern with a casual flick of the wrist. "I'm fine Hilde-chan. See?" A bight sunny smile was instantly plastered on the blonde's face. Which was easily figured out as very fake by the junkyard manager.

She tilted her head in worry, "Hey Usagi, you know you can trust me with the truth. What's wrong?"

Silence filled the air for a few moments.

Usagi sighed heavily, her eyes and facial expressions finally showing her true fatigue. Hilde couldn't help but burst out a response when she saw the immediate change.

"Holy shit, girl! You look like Hell! ...you haven't been sleeping at all, have you?"

Usagi leaned back in the cushioned seat of the cockpit and shook her head no.

"...want to tell me about it?"

Another shaken head.

"...you're making me guess here, girlie. And you know the doctor said not to get my blood pressure up anymore. I'm only twenty six fer' cryin' out loud! And I've already got problems in my body that I should be getting when I'm sixty!" Again with the western drawling in her voice.

Usagi lips started to twitch upward. A mischievous look appeared in her eyes as she raised her right eyebrow and looked at Hilde straight in the eye.

"You know, if you'd finally call you boyfriend over, you could probably be 'creative' and work off some 'steam.' I'm sure he knows a certain way that will 'relieve' you of your 'blood pressure problem.'" Usagi winked slyly at a mortified Hilde. "Because, everyone knows that 'physical exhaustion' is a perfect way to"

Usagi was finally faced with an onslaught of hard punches from the taunted girl.

"Agh, GROSS! Jeez ya little perverted fool! Honestly!" Needless to say, Hilde was nonetheless laughing. Hidden mirth shone in Usagi's eyes as she giggled uncontrollably.

The laughter shared between the two began to die down and Usagi rested comfortably in the seat. Her eyes became downcast as Hilde looked on at the blonde.

"Hil-chan... you're probably the only living person who knows about my past with... well, you know."

The conversation had taken a drastic turn from the laughter ridden gossip they had shared only minutes before hand. Hilde slowly nodded.

"Yes, I know about your past with OZ. And I know that it's far behind you and that you shouldn't let it haunt your dreams any more." Hilde leaned into the cockpit and gave Usagi's hand a tight squeeze.

Usagi seemed far from being rest assured though.

"Honey, is there something wrong?"

Usagi took a deep breath and looked up at her best friend. Hilde inwardly reeled back in surprise as she found herself looking at Usagi's tear filled blue eyes.

"You know how I told you about that pilot I had fancied?"

Slow nodding again from Hilde. "The guy named Trowa, right? The brown haired bang boy?" She rolled her eyes. "Heaven forbid you start describing him again. I remember I had to practically drown you in rum to try and get you to start talking about this guy! And I quote from Usagi Tsukino, 'God, that man was a hunk! He had these amazing green eyes or maybe I should say eye because he had this one flap of hair that he kept as a bang. Ooh and those muscles! I remember sneaking into the gym with the excuse of roll call to try and catch of glimpse of him without his shirt.'" Hilde gave an overly exaggerated lustful sign. "'Holy alleluia, I may have been reprimanded by that stingy colonel, but it was wayyyy worth it.'"

Usagi giggled softly at Hilde's description of him. She swiped a hand playfully at her, "Oh stop it, you!"

Another laughing session ensued.

"Hmm, so Usagi, what suddenly brought up, uh... Trowa?"

Usagi stilled and a tear formed at the base of her eye.

"Because today was the day that he died."

* * * * * * * * * *

Three Years Before Present Day
Lieutenant Junior Grade Usagi Tsukino was armed and very dangerous. Though very physically appealing, men knew to stay very far away from her and avoid giving her catcalls while within her earshot. The last person to apparently attempt that ended up getting court marshalled for being AWOL. But then again, maybe it was because "someone" had apparently broken all the fingers in his left hand and dropped him off in the neighbouring country all together. But that still didn't stop the other soldiers from daydreaming about her while when not within a five mail radius from her.

It wasn't as if she was some cold and cynical bitch that made everyone's life a living hell. No. Usagi was actually more of a shy type, if such a word could ever describe her. Although most who had suffered her "punishments" would call her the female version of Satan, people knew that she only locked herself in a little box that she had squeezed herself into, made a custom lock, complete with everything from motion sensors and landmines. But she had tossed the key into the ocean, and sent the blue plans for them burning all the way to oblivion.

She was known to make spur of the moment actions, some which had saved soldiers lives a few dozen times. After taking a bullet that had been meant for Colonel Lady Une, she had been promoted to a lieutenant and usually had full reign over what she did. Whenever she was ordered by any superior officer to do something, she did the task quickly and efficiently. After a while, it was clear that she was someone that they could not fire very easily. Despite the times she had come late to meetings, appointments, ceremonies, or anything else that required her presence, they had given her full pardon, because really, what else could they do? She was someone that would be very valuable in the war.

Usagi Tsukino was more commonly known as Usa to her closer colleagues. The official reason was that they couldn't pronounce her actual name, but the real reason behind it was because they all knew she was a big softie inside. But she had only given permission to a handful of people to call her that. A death glare was sent the way of anybody else who attempted to call her a pet name. "Sweet thang" and "Honey" were names that could probably get a person killed.

Usagi had woken up today with a feeling that something was going to happen. Which had freaked her out completely because the last time she had felt this something, she had been brutally beaten to near death by an attacking youma and had run away from home. Just dandy. Perfect way to start off the morning at the Germaine Gartier Place*, an established OZ military base.

Slipping her legs out of the warmth of her bed, she yawned loudly as she gave her digital clock a once over. 0530. She stood up, and flinched at the coldness of the concrete floor. Her toes became tangled in the long mane of silky blonde threads that she dared to actually call "hair" as she hot-footed her way to her fluffy blue slippers.

Taking a quick shower, she hurried out of the bathroom and set out on drying her hair. It had grown past her feet in the past few years, but she didn't find the heart to cut it. As funny as it was, her hair was probably the only remaining thing that she had to remind herself of her past. It was 0549. She had eleven minutes to dress up, dry her hair, and run across the base to the other side where they actually held the meetings.

In all actuality, dressing up meant rummaging through her clothes scattered haphazardly on the floor and searching for one of her uniforms. Drying her hair meant blow drying, brushing, hair spraying, then placing them in the tradition buns, braiding those, and rolling them up so they looked very Princess Leia like. Damn those regulations. Running across the base took at least two minutes if she sprinted. But sprinting in Usagi terms meant lots of yelling of "OUT OF THE WAY!" and the accidental knocking over of papers from peoples hands.

Annoyed at her current position, she thought, 'Why the hell do they station half the soldiers one side of the base, yet put the meeting rooms, conference halls, and most important, the cafeteria, all the way on the other side of the base? Yeesh! Whoever designed this base must have been on crack at the time!'

It was 0603 by the time she had finished dressing and doing her hair. She hopped on one leg out of the door, still frantically trying to tie the laces her standard military combat boots. She sighed in defeat as she finally bent over to complete the task. 'Velcro, anyone?' She thought sarcastically, and fixed her beret that had been hanging off one of her braid-buns.

She pushed the knob in to lock the door and started off toward the conference room to which she was already late for. She stopped and backtracked, stopping at her door again. She wriggled the knob furiously, as if it would fall off so she would be aloud into her room again. She crudely cursed under her breath.

"Dammit! I forgot my keys!" She sighed and checked her pockets for her clearance. At least she hadn't forgotten those. She cursed loudly as she ran towards the meeting. "Whatever, I'll get a spare later."

When she reached the designated room for the meeting, the guard had merely nodded at her entrance and grinned.

"Late again, Lieutenant?" Ensign Otto whispered to her ear as he granted her admittance to the room. She didn't even have to show him her clearance. He was one of those "selected" people.

She playfully stuck her tongue out at him. "Oh shush you."

He saluted her and his monotonous mask slipped over his face. Usagi took this as a reminder to keep her cool and she saluted him back.

Whispering under her breath, she said, "Wish me luck. I'm probably going to need it. Une is going to have my head today."

Otto's mouth twitched slightly, but a moment later it was gone. Usagi picked up his whisper as she opened the door. "Good luck, Usa."

Everyone in the room looked up at the opening of the door. Most were scattered around the room, and the only furnishings within the room was a small coffee table holding up a huge canteen of hot coffee, and haphazardly placed seating chairs stacked on top of each other. Usagi made her way to the coffee, but was intercepted on her quest by a strict woman in glasses.

"Late as usual, Lieutenant Tsukino?" Lady Une greeted her in her usual way and Usagi froze. Her body stiffened as she quickly turned and faced the Lady. She saluted, and the Lady saluted back.

"At ease, Tsukino."

The two woman made their way to the holy grail of morning drinks, coffee, and Usagi poured a mug for both of them. "Here, Colonel. Just the way you like it." Usagi winked. She signed inwardly. 'Great, now I've turned into a suck up.'

Une gave Usagi's own coffee a once over and raised her eyebrow. "And yours is just the way you enjoy it as well. Milk, cream, and most likely a heaping amount of sugar."

Usagi laughed, "Hmm, you know me so well. I probably need to change my style soon."

Lady Une shook her head, "And loose the lieutenant we all know? I don't think so." She took a drink from her mug. It was rather plain, with the OZ symbol engraved in gold on the black cup.

"Speaking of changing habits, what's your excuse for being late this time?" Lady Une's eyebrow was raised again.

"Umm... would you believe me if I said my alarm clock didn't ring?" Usagi unconvincingly stated.

"You know that it's a crime to lie to an officer in uniform, right?"

"mh helpt hn" Usagi drowned her response with a drink of her coffee. She nearly gagged. Ack, ack! Too much sugar! She turned her head away from her commanding officer as she discretely spit the coffee back in the cup. Her eyes began to water.

"Hmm, Tsukino? I don't think I quite got you?" Colonel Lady Une asked jovially as she witnessed Usagi's discomfort.

"Uh, I slept in, Colonel," She answered and placed her mug back onto the coffee table, right beside another full coffee cup.

Lady Une shook her head, "Yet another Tsukino blunder."

Usagi rolled her eyes. Noticing the clock, she was surprised to see it say 0620. The meeting was supposed to start twenty minutes ago. "Colonel?"

Lady Une turned her attention back to her lieutenant. "Yes, Tsukino?"

"What's this meeting all about? Even though I was late myself, the meeting was supposed to be scheduled for twenty minutes ago."

"Well, it seems that the ensign that the meeting was called for still hasn't arrived."

Usagi raised her brow dutifully. "Ensign? Since when have we been giving welcoming for newly recruited ensigns?"

Lady Une winked, "Since this pilot evaded all attacking missiles in first Taurus suit exercise and had hit every one of his own targets with a 98% accuracy. Since this is a pilot which has broken the new record for best reaction time in hand to hand combat. An astounded breaking too, because you were the last record holder if I'm not mistaken. Since this is a pilot, that when ordered to destroy a Gundam, did so without hesitation. And this is a pilot that we will most likely desperately need in the coming months. That is why we are holding a meeting in his honour." Lady Une frowned. "Now look what you're making me do! I'm usually very descriptive in my words (Usagi almost snorted at this comment. She knew that Une was right though. Usagi had been on the end of most of Une's cursing spectacles) but now, I'm repeating the same words over again!"

Usagi raised her eyebrow, impressed. "He broke my record? The very record that I beat the very day that I signed up for OZ and hasn't been broken again in the past six years?"

The Colonel winked, "Impressed?"

Usagi laughed, "More like disappointed. You know, I was very proud of that record. That's the record that got my name pounded into your ears."

The Lady wagged a finger at her. "Hah! It was that fight that you had with General Hudson that got your name pounded into my ears! He wouldn't relent at all! He was cursing day and night about the ensign that had thrown a pie ever so "accidentally" at his behind."

Lady Une shrugged, "So I really had no other choice but to investigate such a vile accusation against one of our more talented soldiers."

Usagi shrugged off her compliment, "Hmph! You liked the fact that someone had shown that stuck up ex -General his place. And that's why you looked me up."

A finger was gently placed on Usagi's lips. "Hmm, we can't go and start spreading rumours around now, can we? Besides, we've wandered far from the topic of extraordinary pilot."

"Mmm hmm, then why do I have a feeling that I'm going to be stuck doing paperwork tonight because of this extraordinary pilot?"

Une countered Usagi's cheek quickly, "Because Lieutenant, you were late, once again I may add, by twenty minutes, for a meeting that you have known about for an entire week." With that, Lady Une shoved a folder marked with "Barton, Trowa" on the label into Usagi's open hand.

Usagi suppressed an oncoming groan, "As you wish, Colonel."

Colonel Lady Une, second in command to Treize Kushrenada himself, nodded and excused herself from the small chat that Lieutenant Usagi Tsukino had previously been engaged in.

The Wonder Pilot had finally arrived.

A person began to clap, and soon enough, the room was enveloped with a round of applause. Usagi glanced down at the folder. 'His name is Trowa Barton, eh? Hmm, I've heard that name before Oh well.'

Someone rushed past her, nearly knocking the folder out of her grip when they brushed their shoulder by the tip of the manila tag. Looking up to give the rude person a piece of her mind, she grimaced as she found a solider all too willingly sucking up to the new star pilot as he presented Ensign Barton with a cup of coffee. Her eyes suddenly wandered back to the coffee table where she had dropped her own mug off. Uh oh. It was gone.

Cerulean eyes darted themselves back to Trowa Barton's hands. Her coffee cup! In his hands! With tainted sugar filled coffee that she had backwashed into. Uh oh. BIG uh oh. Horror filled her face as she realized he was about to drink from the mug. She closed her eyes and winced, awaiting for the man to spit out the coffee in surprise and disgust.

She opened her eyes as she realized that the moment she was waiting for didn't come. She watched as he gulped down the drink and there was only the smallest hint of a sour face on his lips. Wow. This man had to have nerves of steel. Literally. The stuff that she had mixed up for herself tasted horrendous. Needless to say, he had already gained her respect that neither perfect shooting scores or reputations could do. By sustaining that coffee that she had the gall to mix up, he had ricocheted upward her inward Respect-o-Meter.

Ding ding ding! You've won our grand prize!

She bit her bottom lip to keep from laughing aloud. Because Usagi Tsukino did NOT laugh out loud in a military institute. Nope, she did not. Oh god, gotta clench the jaw. Don't laugh don't laugh don't laugh her little mantra continues itself within her head.

Trowa was now stuck with the "smile and nod" routine that she was so used to doing now a days except, well, he was doing more of the nodding and shaking random strangers' hands than smiling. The example: (I'd draw it out if I could to make it funnier, but I obviously can't) random person with big happy face on head waltzes up to Trowa, extends arm, and comments on what fine piloting skills he demonstrated and/or comments on what a valuable person (coughtoolcough) he would be to OZ. Trowa nods, shakes the extended arm, nods again, and makes a random comment of thank you. Hence the smile and nod routine.

Lady Une successfully made their trip around the room, and the final stop ended at Usagi Tsukino. Most of the officers had left for other meetings or things on their agendas, and few people were still milling around.

"And here we have Lieutenant jg. Usagi Tsukino. This is also one of our more talented pilots. You broke her record in the reflex of hand to hand combat," Lady Une introduced her to Trowa.

Usagi nodded her head dutifully at Ensign Trowa's casual salute.

She inwardly sighed. 'What the heck am I supposed to say? Whatever the other people have said has probably said about a million times already. God, this guy is hot! Erm, wait! Nononononono! Big no no! not supposed to be thinking about other comrades like that! Against regulations! Still, that doesn't mean I can't look... wow, he has amazing eyes.'

Lady Une coughed loudly to get Usagi's attention. Her eyes had seemed to glaze over and she realized that Usagi hadn't heard a word she had spoken in the past little while.

Revenge echoed loudly in her mind.

"Ensign Barton, Lieutenant Tsukino has also volunteered to show you around the place. Because I'm sure that any paperwork that must be done will be filed and ready on my desk later, right Lieutenant Tsukino?"

The use of her formal name snapped Usagi out of her day dream.

"Right! Paperwork is being volunteered. Will be shown around the base as you requested, Colonel," Usagi plastered a sunny smiled on her face. Suddenly, she figured out what the heck she had just said.

"Begging your pardon, ma'am! What I meant to say was that, uh, I'd be more than happy to escort Ensign Barton around the base. And the paperwork will be filed and ready on your desk coming evening," Usagi winced. 'Great, just lovely!'

Lady Une nodded her head sharply.

"That's what I thought you said, Lieutenant. Dismissed."

Usagi and Trowa both saluted and headed out of the room. Otto had disappeared from his post, and another guard had been stationed in his place.

A soft voice broke her thoughts.

"Lieutenant?"

"Yes, Trowa? Erm, sorry. That was rude of me to say your first name without your privilege. I meant Ensign Barton. Yes?"

Trowa shook his head.

"No, feel free to call me Trowa, Lieutenant. Well, I was wondering what time we should meet for our tour of the base?"

"Hmm, how about after I'm done filing all this paperwork?" She grimaced as she looked at the bundle in her hand and raised her head. There was a hint of a smile on Trowa's face. You wouldn't even notice it unless you were actually looking for a facial expression.

She smiled. As they turn and left the corridor, she turned her head toward Trowa and said, "Hey, just call me Usa, okay?"

Trowa looked a bit taken back, but nodded and turned away.

She walked away from the first man who had given her the butterflies in quite some time. She didn't know it would be the very last time she would ever see him in an OZ uniform again.

* * * * * * * * * *

Present Day
The first part of what Usagi said also finally sunk in. "And fer the last friggin' time! He's not my BOYFRIEND!"

A new male voice made the two girls jump in surprise.

"Boyfriend? What boyfriend?"

"DUO?!?!?!"

"Mr. Maxwell?!"

"OH MY GOD! Don't scare me like that you little you little, RUGRAT!"

"Rugrat? What? No sugar pie? Honey muffin? Or any other of those sweet pet names you've called me?"

Hilde swatted at Duo Maxwell, Gundam pilot extraordinaire, as he hung from an overhanging cable wire, situated directly above the Taurus suit.

"Hmm, you guys, I think that I'm going to maybe need this suit for a little while."

"Why?" There was alarm in Hilde's eyes.

* * * * * * * * * *

Trowa came running into the room.

"Heero. Quatre's been captured."

* * * * * * * * * *

End Chapter One.

What the asterisk meant

* Germaine Gartier Place: this military base did not appear in the Gundam Wing or Sailor Moon series. It's just something I made up off the top of my head for the base name. If anybody actually knows what the base Trowa infiltrated was called, feel free to tell me please.
Hoped you enjoyed Chapter One! Sorry this took me a while to update, but yeah. The reviews I got on the PROLOGUE were astounding. Feedback you be greatly appreciated, and it can be in any way, shape, or form. You don't even have to sign in to review.

I'm going to camp in about ten minutes! I wanted to post this up before I left, so here it is! Hope you enjoyed!