Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ When She Lost Her Luck ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey, just a quick reminder, the rating is for violence and slight language.

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing. I own Liana and Felix; if you take them, I'll be sure to notice. You'll see why later ^_~ The plot is mine, so please don't take it! Thanks a bunch!

<Thoughts>

"Dialogue"

When She Lost Her Luck-Chapter 2

The bright lights of The Strip caught the attention of not only mortals, but a certain goddess as well. "How pretty…" she mused, as she descended down towards the ground. She began the long trek from her landing spot to a certain resort that had held her attention captive. The song, "I will always love you," was blaring from the speakers; the famous water shows of Bellagio had begun.

"Are you sure she's here?" Questioned Fiore, as the trio rummaged through the large crowd of people. "Yes, of course she's here! She's Lady Luck. Where else would be a better place for her than here?" Kunzite snapped angrily. Soon, they spotted a curvaceous young woman walking out of the Paris Resort. As they casually walked towards the woman decked out in gold leather, a certain goddess crossed the street from Paris towards Bellagio, just a mere few feet away from them.

`Someone help me…I'm…scared.' Frantically thought Lady Luck. It was most fortunate that one of the resorts held an elaborate party, so her gold ball gown didn't stand out. She was getting hungry, and the fact that she had always been a picky eater did not help. The heavy doors opened once more, and three men stepped out. Some single women made their way towards them, hoping to meet the obviously higher-class males. Just as Diamond spotted the fair-skinned goddess, she was promptly swept off her feet; a daring male with a flashing smile led her to the dance floor. With much poise and manners he could muster, Diamond strode over to the dancing couple and quickly tapped the shoulder of the obviously drunken dancer.

"May I cut in?" Diamond asked coldly. Giving one last look at LL, her dancing partner nodded lazily, head bobbing. Immediately, he got to the point. "You are coming with us."

"Hey, dude, if you're not going to dance with her, let me have a go." Offered a man in his mid-twenties with bleached blonde hair. Giving a look of disgust towards the interrupter, he scowled as he let go of Lady Luck's wrist.

***

"What happened over there, you idiot?" Kunzite demanded harshly. Glaring at the god, Diamond stated, "We'll get her before she leaves."

***

"What's your name, babe? I'm Alex." Prompted the bleached blond. Looking at him intently, the Goddess of Luck didn't know how to answer him. "I h-have to g-go." She stammered. Breaking free of his hold, the blue-eyed goddess quickly retreated to the nearest bathroom. Looking at herself in the mirror, a small voice told her that someone was looking for her, and she needed to change. Closing her eyes, she tried to recall who she was, but all she got was a blank. "Who am I? What's my purpose?" She murmured quietly, reaching out to touch the mirror. Sighing, she closed her eyes once more. <What am I doing here?>

<How did I get here?>

Her eyes opened and she spun around the bathroom, checking to see if anyone was in the facility. Quickly, after seeing that she was the only occupant of the bathroom, she strode over to the door and locked it. Another minute passed and she was in front of yet another mirror. Lady Luck leaned against the wall and tried to fight back tears. <It's hopeless. What am I doing here? Why? Why don't I know anything? Alex…he knew who he was. But why don't I?>

The goddess bit her lip and sighed. A small chill ran through her body and then she felt wind. It ran through her hair and all around her. Startled, she frantically looked around her, only to glance back at the mirror. Her eyes widened. She forced herself eyelids to close over her staring eyes.

<This isn't happening.>

<What am I?>

Her soft and silky golden hair was now a plain brown. Coarse and unattractive brown hair now framed her face. Her once blue eyes, so deep and entrancing, were now a pale green, not quite lifeless and dull, but not quite radiant. The beautiful gown was gone. In its place was a pair of khaki pants and a green blouse.

Numbly, she reached up and viewed her mirror image doing the same. Quavering, she swallowed the lump in her throat and fumbled with the lock on the door.

Once again, she was blindly wandering around the casinos, unaware that the men gambling around her seemed to always hit the jackpot when she walked by. Unfortunately, this did not go on unnoticed by Kunzite.

"Fiore."

"What is it now?"

"Did you see those girls walking around?"

"What, you mean the ones in bunny suits?"

The general sent Fiore a disappointed look. Luckily, Diamond caught on and smirked. "The only way we can take out all of these girls is by having Death help us." Fiore's head turned. "Don't you remember anything? When the rest of the guys came down here, they resided in their mortal counterparts. `Duo' doesn't know a thing. We'll have to kill the girls the hard way." A sigh could be heard from Diamond. It would be a long night.

***

Unknowingly, Lady Luck had stumbled into a hospital. Her eyebrows knitted in concentration. "So many injured people…" The goddess walked up to the reception desk, where a young woman was currently working.

"May I help you?" Inquired Hotaru, glancing at brunette. Uneasy, Lady Luck spoke up. "I was wondering if I could help here." There was something familiar about her, Hotaru quickly decided. Smiling slightly, she nodded. "Of course. You'll be an assistant like me."

End

Next Chapter: Ami and Makoto try to piece together the jigsaw puzzle of LL's life.