Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Where To Turn ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: See Chapter 1. For a simplified version, I don't own Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing. I own the new scout names and attacks. That's it…just another poor author. Everyone is 16/17 (11th grade.)

Just a little reminder: This chapter will be mostly "Newspaper cuttings" and articles that are scanned online. You know…the kind you can get on the Internet. Remember that Heero printed out a bunch. Here are a few…recognize the reporters? They are people from the Sailor Moon world! ^^ I don't own them either…

All right, don't be discouraged if you don't like my newspaper cuttings. Scroll down to the bottom for a simplified version.

***First article***

Legends bought to life. By: Gurio Umino (Melvin) (Editorial/informational)

A long time ago, people believed that there was life on the moon. So the fairy tale began. It spoke of the Silver Millennium, and the queen, princess, and protectors of the universe. A few colleagues of mine decided to research this topic, and bring it to the present. It is common knowledge that a group of girls have been posing as these legendary soldiers, so here is some background information to help all the clueless people out there.

During the Silver Millennium, there were major conflicts going on with the rest of the universe. The major protectors of the universe were 9 princesses that had the powers of their planets, with their protectors and princes. There were many political problems with the system. It was a law that a relative of the princess was her protector, but once she was engaged, the Fiancé would take the place. This left much trouble regarding what was to become to the old protector. The cousin or brother would move on to protect the planet of his Fiancé or go to war.

This aroused further problems on the outer planets. The protectors were required to go to war, so then the relatives were forced to leave their post to protect their cousin or sister. The problem was that many of the new protectors were already protecting their fiancé's planet, so many of the planets remained unprotected. The fall of the Silver Millennium would not have happened if this problem were worked out.

However, it could have stayed, if not for the princess of the moon. It was rumored that the princess of the moon, Serenity, had fallen in love with an Earth prince, Prince Endymion. A conflict had risen between Earth and the Moon at that time, so the Earthlings were not trusted. Eventually, their secret meetings were found out, and they were forbidden to ever meet. When the actual war began, the prince fought on the side of the moon so that he could protect his love. The two lovers were killed in the battle, the prince getting killed by a sword, and the princess committing suicide. The Silver Millennium would not have completely fallen if that and only that had happened. The queen could have used the legendary Silver Imperium Crystal to bring back the lives of Serenity and Endymion. However, the queen needed to save the crystal for it was going to be needed in the future. It took less energy to send their lives to the future, than to be brought back to the present. The queen knew that she needed to send the lives of everyone to the future, so she couldn't bring back her only daughter.

Meanwhile, great conflicts arose on the other side of the universe as well. Pluto, Uranus, Neptune, and the Moon were all heavily protected. However, because of the above-mentioned reason, the other 5 planets were unprotected. The princesses all had to go to the moon to protect the moon palace, so their own home planets were unprotected. On Venus, the protector was Princess Venus's fiancé, but he was sent off to war. Having no relatives, Venus had no other protectors. That planet fell easily in the evil Queen Beryl's grasp. The same happened on the planet Mars. On Mercury, the fiancé was not called to war, but his cousin's planet, Jupiter, was called, so he had to leave Mercury and go protect Jupiter. In the end, Mercury was taken over. On Jupiter, the Princess sent her cousin back to take care of his fiancé, insuring him that Jupiter would be fine. During the trip between Jupiter and Mercury, Mercury and Jupiter were attacked, so by the time the protector got to Mercury, it was too late.

The last planet to fall was Saturn, and the planet actually never fell. The planet was already so destroyed from the previous war that Queen Beryl had overlooked it and figured that she was losing her memory. The princess of Saturn was believed to have no relatives, so a substitute protector was provided. After 3 years, Shinigami (The god of death) emerged from his gates of hell and offered to protect his sister. The substitute left his post and let the brother protect. However, the old protector and the princess of Saturn soon fell in love and were engaged. The brother left for war and the fiancé stayed. Ironically enough, the princess and the protector were both called to war. The princess died at the hands of Queen Beryl while her fiancé died at the hands of the enemy. The brother was called to once again protect the planet, but it was discovered that he had killed himself because of the loss of his sister, for she was the last family that he had. Having no princess or protector, the people of Saturn moved to the other planets, where they were killed eventually. In this way, Saturn was empty and barren while the actual people died as citizens of the other planets.

Lately there have been a number of rumors going around that the actual princess and warriors were reborn into this century. When investigated, the girls were in college and claimed that they were, indeed, the Sailor Senshi. When asked about the three missing senshi, the supposed Sailor Pluto answered that they were sent to the future, having disagreements between the scouts. Those scouts were Saturn, Venus, and Mercury. So, after reading this information that I have provided, are you going to believe these young ladies or just blow them off for trying to be famous? You decide. I, myself am biased, for the one who calls herself Serenity went to school with me.

***Second Article*** (A/N: I hope that these are informative enough!)

The Truth? By: Furuhata Motoki (Andrew) (Typed out version of the interview conducted on the TV Show "Daily News")

I am sure that yesterday millions of people around the world tuned in to "Daily News" so that they could see live, the interview concerning the so-called scouts. Naturally, as soon as Mr. Umino published his editorial in the newspaper, everyone wanted to learn more about this local legend.

Mr. Banks: "Hello and welcome to another day on "Daily News!" I'm your host, Monie Banks! Today on our show we have the six young ladies that have caused much gossip around the world. Please give a round of applause to…Usagi TsukinoRei HinoMakoto KinoSetsuna MeiouHaruka Ten'ou…and the lovely Michiru Kaiou!"

Usagi: "Hello, Mr. Banks! It's a pleasure to be here! What would you like to know?"

Mr. Banks: "Well, our viewers have compiled a list of question directed to each of you six ladies! Now, fir question one, this is to Miss Meiou, `If you truly are the guardian of time, then tell us what it is like in the future, where you sent the other scouts.' Well, Miss Setsuna? Care to answer that?"

Setsuna: "As you all know, telling of the future is highly forbidden, as it can alter the timeline itself. All I can say about where I sent Saturn is that they are in the middle of a large war."

Mr. Banks: "Hmm…I see…next question, to Miss Michiru, `Since you are the famous violinist, when do you have time to fight off the so-called evils?"

Michiru: "Ah, that's a silly question! You see, practicing my violin and attending my concerts take very little time, as well as fighting the negaverse. If something goes wrong and we need to travel, then Sailor Pluto, Setsuna, can slow down time for us."

Mr. Banks: "Right. The next question is directed to Miss Usagi. `If you are Serenity, then who is Endymion?"

Usagi: "Why, my boyfriend and fiancé, of course! He's almost out of college in America, and his name is Mamoru Chiba."

Mr. Banks: "Yes, yes, this is all very interesting and all, but right now we need to take some commercial breaks!"

(A/N: The printout of the guy's version came from the Internet, right? Well, someone has to first scan it in. Just pretend that the copy that Heero has an ink smudge and they can't read the rest of the article, okay? Don't worry, everything you need to know will be included.)

***Third Article***

Loss of evidence. By: Furuhata Unazuki (Lizzie) (News bulletin)

Ladies and Gentlemen: We regret to inform you that the case of the Sailor Scouts has just been decided. The judge unfortunately believed the opposite side. It is decided that the seven girls are frauds and crazy. Having very little evidence or support for their case, they lost. Many people believed the girls, however, and urged Miss Usagi to transform to prove her royalty. Miss Usagi refused to do so, saying that she didn't want to have to prove herself. When asked to bring forth witnesses and victims of monster attacks, Miss Rei explained that they erased the memory of those that they had helped. Such a shame indeed…yet I believe that we have all seen the sailor scouts in our lifetime, whether we knew it or not. If Miss Usagi really is who she says she is, then I could proudly say that we were friends in high school. If this is just a prank to get attention, then I believe that time really does change people.

More witnesses? By: Yuuichiro (Chad) (Newspaper article)

Suddenly civilians start to "gain their memories about the past and how they were attacked." Yes, its true, these people never give up. It has been officially two months since the judge made that fatal decision, and now people are claiming that they remember the sailor scouts helping them. True, we did survive a natural phenomenon last week, but scientists believe that it should not have affected memories. For the sake of readers who have been living under a rock for the past month, I will recap all that has happened. Last week, a blinding white light engulfed the entire planet, and everything started to grow. The light stayed there for a good three hours. When it died down, many people noticed that all diseases were cured and that all the dying plants and animals suddenly looked healthy. Just yesterday, many people gathered together to talk about their supposed lost memories. Among them was the famous reporter, Osaka Naru, who claimed to have been attacked by the negaverse many times. Even after all this, no one knows what to believe. Also, a recent interview with teens from England claim to have meet Sailor V, or Venus. No one can contact the famous girl, because according to Pluto, she has been sent to the future. So, what is really happening? No one knows for sure. One thing is for certain, these girls are providing many reporters and editors jobs.

Up close and personal. By: Osaka Naru (Molly) (Small article in a teen magazine)

True, everyone wants to be a Sailor Senshi, but how much do you know about these girls? Now since it has been proven that these girls really are the sailor senshi, everyone wants to know about them! So, here is some short information cards about each one with a few old pictures! You can email them at their addresses that are listed on the next page! (A/N: The information provided is based from what they used to like. For example, the favorite school subject was what their old favorite school subject was when they were fighting monsters. Remember, now they don't fight.)

Sailor Moon-Usagi Tsukino. Her birthday is on June 30, and her astrological sign is Cancer. Her blood type is O-. Her favorite colors are white and pink. Her hobbies are shopping, and playing video games. Her favorite food is ice cream and her favorite gemstone is the diamond. Her favorite school subject is home economics, and her least favorite school subject is mathematics. (Pictures include that of when she is Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity.)

Sailor Mercury-Ami Mizuro. She is one of the three scouts who got sent into the future. Her birthday is September 10, and her astrological sign is Virgo. Her blood type is A. Her favorite colors are aquamarine and light blue. Her hobbies are reading. Her favorite food is yellowtail tuna and her favorite gemstone is sapphire. Her favorite school subject is Mathematics. (Pictures include that of when she is Sailor Mercury and a picture of her taken at Rei's sleep over party.)

Sailor Mars-Rei Hino. Her birthday is on April 17, and her astrological sign is Aries. Her blood type is AB. Her favorite colors are red and black. Her hobbies are fortune telling. Her favorite food is blowfish and her favorite gemstone is the ruby. Her favorite school subject is ancient writing, and her least favorite school subject is modern society. (Pictures include that of when she is Sailor Mars and when she is posing at a festival.)

Sailor Jupiter-Makoto Kino. Her birthday is on December 5, and her astrological sign is Sagittarius. Her blood type is O+. Her favorite colors are sugar-pink and green. Her hobbies are bargain hunting. Her favorite food is cherry pie and her favorite gemstone is the emerald. Her favorite school subject is home economics, and her least favorite school subject is physics. (Pictures include that of when she is Sailor Jupiter and when she is cooking some cookies.)

Sailor Venus-Minako Aino. She is one of the three scouts who got sent into the future. Her birthday is October 22, and her astrological sign is Libra. Her blood type is B. Her favorite colors are Yellow, red, and orange. Her hobbies are chasing after famous people. Her favorite food is ramen and her favorite gemstone is topaz. Her favorite school subject is Physical Education. (Pictures include that of when she is Sailor Venus and a picture of her taken at one of the Sailor V spottings in England.)

Sailor Saturn- Hotaru Tomoe. She is one of the three scouts who got sent into the future. Her birthday is January 6, and her astrological sign is Capricorn. Her blood type is AB. Her favorite color is purple. Her hobbies are reading and collecting lamps. Her favorite food is Japanese noodles and her favorite gemstone is fluorite and amethyst. Her favorite school subject is World History. (Pictures include that of when she is Sailor Saturn and a picture of her taken in a garden.) (A/N: Can't you just picture Heero memorizing this information?! Lol…^-^)

Sailor Pluto- Setsuna Meiou. Her birthday is on October 29, and her astrological sign is Scorpio. Her blood type is A. Her favorite color is dark red. Her hobbies are shopping. Her favorite food is Green tea and her favorite gemstone is the garnet. Her favorite school subject is physics, and her least favorite school subject is Music. (Pictures include that of when she is Sailor Pluto and when she is at a concert.)

Sailor Uranus- Haruka Ten'ou. Her birthday is on January 27, and her astrological sign is Aquarius. Her blood type is B. Her favorite color is gold. Her hobbies are driving and racing. Her favorite food is a salad and her favorite gemstone is the amber. Her favorite school subject is Physical Education, and her least favorite school subject is modern Japanese. (Pictures include that of when she is Sailor Uranus and when she is holding up a trophy.)

Sailor Neptune- Michiru Kaiou. Her birthday is on March 6, and her astrological sign is Pisces. Her blood type is O. Her favorite color is marine blue. Her hobbies are collecting cosmetics. Her favorite food is sashimi and she likes all gemstones. Her favorite school subject is music. (Pictures include that of when she is Sailor Neptune and when she is playing at a concert.)

Beyond all that basic information, here are a couple group pictures!

***End of Article*** (A/N: Sorry if that was boring! You just really need to know that information)

"Wow…man, Wu-man, you got thrashed by Sailor V!" chirped Duo.

"Wait." Said Heero. All eyes turned to him.

"How are we sure that Hotaru, Minako, and Ami are really Saturn, Venus, and Mercury? For all we know they could just be posing as these future girls." Quarte shook his head.

"But what about those pictures? The personalities of the scouts…it matches them. Trust me! Anyway, maybe we can go visit their mansion. Maybe their rooms will hold clues to their personality. For example, if Ami really is Sailor Mercury, then her room will have a lot of blue in it, and perhaps a small aquarium. The same goes for the others. Then we will know if they are telling the truth…but still. It's not very polite to make assumptions about people who didn't tell you something. If they didn't tell us, then I'm sure that they don't want us to know." Trowa nodded his approval of Quarte's decision. Soon everyone decided that they needed to talk to the girls about it.

***Meanwhile at the time gates…***

"Pluto, what is the problem?" asked an anxious Princess of Saturn. Pluto looked like she was about to have a nervous breakdown, but calmed down as Minako quickly massaged her back. Nodding her thanks to Minako, Pluto explained the situation.

"During my absence, something managed to travel through time. When I got back, I saw it just step throughout the door and land in your time. I have to warn you to be careful. I need to update your attacks and powers so that you will become more powerful if the need arises. There might be a threat to the Gundam Pilots if the being merges with Oz. You might have to team up. Hotaru, I trust that you know who they are?" Affirming Pluto's guess, Hotaru touched her staff with Pluto's time key, and instantly images and words flew into her head.

"I just figured that I would help speed things up a bit, Puu-mama. Every second counts, and if I already know everything that you know, then it would make things easier for you to explain. We better go now. People might get suspicious." Before Setsuna could stop her, Hotaru had self-teleported back to the mansion.

"But I didn't even get to talk to her about her brother!" Pluto complained in exhaustion. Minako patted Setsuna on the back while Ami replied,

"Hotaru is very wise and insightful. It is most probable that she has already figured everything out. I wouldn't worry about it." Minako and Ami joined hands and teleported back to the mansion. Alone again, Pluto put her head into her hands and whispered,

"Please, Chronos, help them…"

***At the mansion***

"Hotaru? Where are you?" Ami called out to her violet-eyed friend. Figuring that she was changing, Minako told Ami not to worry. Ami and Minako had already finished their homework, so they decided to go swimming. However, before they got out of the room, the doorbell rang. Wondering whom it was, they walked to the main living room, where they knew that the maids would bring their guests. To their surprise, they say Quarte and the rest of the pilots. Sitting next to Quarte, Minako asked what was wrong. Thinking quickly, Quarte asked, "Would you like to have tea with us?"

Ami nodded and answered, "That would be most pleasant. Perhaps we should go to the gardens. The weather is quite nice today, and we don't know how long it's going to last. As Minako slid open the glass door, she saw Hotaru turn the corner of the trail. Probably going out for another walk, she reasoned.

Duo looked at the two blondes happily talking, and saw Ami and Trowa enjoying each other's company. He thought, "Man, it's such a shame that I'm gonna have to shatter the peace around here by bringing up the sailor senshi. Perhaps Heero won't mind if I wait a bit longer to tell them." Duo shivered and noted the sudden change of temperature. Apparently, so did everyone else, for they stopped talking. Ami was looking nervous as Minako tried to appear calm and in control. Determined to find Hotaru and fight the incoming monster, the two scouts ushered everyone back inside. Then, they thought of an excuse to get Hotaru.

"Um, guys? Ami and I are going to bring Hotaru her jacket, in case she gets cold. We don't want her to get sick." Quarte nodded, but Heero stopped her.

"Let me go." He calmly said.

"NO!" Minako screamed. When the guys looked at her in surprise, she recovered.

"Uh, I mean, I want to give Hotaru her jacket…that's all." Trying to sound reasonable, she realized that she was just making everyone more suspicious. Sighing in defeat, Minako handed the jacket to Heero who stepped outside.

Hotaru was sitting on a bench; her knees propped up as she gazed at the swans once more. She was sorting things out in her mind. Setsuna had sent so much information to Hotaru, that it was giving her a headache. She had to organize all the details and try to come up with a solution. In the end, the senshi of destruction and rebirth couldn't come up with a solution. She stood up and gazed in the clear water. As she looked up at the sky, she saw a sudden movement coming from the corner of her eye. Quickly turning around, she saw one of the most ugly and vile monsters that she had ever faced. Thinking quickly, she grabbed her Transformation pen from her pocket and yelled,

"Saturn Cosmic Angel!" She was engulfed in a brilliant dark purple, and when the light faded, there stood the deadly warrior. Realizing that she couldn't use one of her usual attacks, as it would damage the trees, benches, and fountains nearby, Hotaru decided to revert to her own physical power, rather than inherited power. Slicing the vines that were shot her way, Hotaru leapt backwards, glaive ready. It was at that moment that Heero walked to the clearing. Hiding behind a tree, he watched, interested.

Using her trademark attack, Hotaru shifted her grasp on her staff to where she was barely holding onto it, and then leapt high up, using her Saturian power as a boost. Flipping the direction of the glaive, Hotaru then let go, and shot towards the ground again. With a quick leg sweep, the monster was lying on its back, staring at the incoming glaive just like all the others in the past had done. The glaive met its target and Hotaru's hands pulled it away from its clean cut. Wiping the blood on the Monster's garments, Hotaru's eyes scanned the area, looking for more potential enemies. This kill had been too easy. There must have been something else. Satisfied with finding another monster lurking behind some bushes, Hotaru grabbed it by the neck, and used her wings to fly upwards. When she got high enough, she threw the monster higher, then used a

"Cosmic Quiet Destruction!" to kill the enemy. Happy with her accomplishments, she landed back down, and proceeded to de-transform. That is, she would have, if a certain prussian eyed boy hadn't stopped her.

Heero recognized the attack that the Sailor Scout made on the first monster. If he remembered correctly, Hotaru had done the same thing. Hotaru had done almost the same thing. Hotaru had caught the glaive before it beheaded Duo. Sailor Saturn had not. Looking closely, Heero noticed a resemblance between the two people, and walked up to her.

(A/N: Let me describe her new uniform/costume. The skirt and the top are disconnected. Think Sailor V. Her skirt is like Eternal Sailor Moon's. It has three layers. For the bottom layer, it is Black. The middle layer is white, and the top layer is purple. She still has her lace-up boots, and her gloves go up to her elbows. It has three purple rings at the end. Instead of those thick bows, she has thin streamers. Again, think Eternal Sailor Moon and Sailor Cosmos. Hotaru's earrings are the same, and so is her choker. She has dark purple angel wings that look just like Eternal Sailor Moon's. The emphasis on Eternal Sailor Moon is to show Hotaru's new power. She has no tiara, just the symbol of Saturn on her forehead.)

"I think we need to talk." Heero calmly spoke.

End

For the simplified version…it's basically me trying to present the information in a different way. I'm just putting in some stats and giving it to you in a "magazine" form. The "Talk Show" was quite pointless. HOWEVER, however confusing the first article is, I still think it's really important. It tells you about the past of the Silver Millennium. This will come in handy in the next few chapters, because you'll see some events happen again.

Do you like long chapters or short chapters? Many chapters or little chapters? Please let me know!