Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Where To Turn ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or Sailor Moon

Where to turn

Saturn stepped back as Heero was slowly advancing on her.

"I think we need to talk." Heero repeated. Shaking her head, Hotaru replied, "There is nothing to talk about. If you'll excuse me, I need to contact the other scouts. Something very evil has come into this time period and we are the only ones who can stop it." Heero reached out his hand.

"Please. We really need to talk." Staring at his hand, Hotaru shakily reached forward. Halfway, however, her hand stopped and fell limply at her sides.

"I really have to go. I need to go to sleep." The prussian eyed boy looked at his watch.

"But it's only six o' clock!" Hotaru de-transformed and walked past him. She turned around and replied, "I didn't sleep at all last night. Now, if you don't mind, I would like to go inside now." She calmly walked back to the house, but inside her mind was in turmoil.

"Why the heck was I about to take his hand? I can't get involved with him. Hell, he doesn't even know anything about us! I'll just end up killing him some way or another. I need to find Minako and Ami before this situation gets out of hand."

Meanwhile Heero was in the same condition.

"What the heck was I thinking! I didn't even get to talk to her and I let her get away! Who does she think she is? I need to find Duo, Trowa, Quarte, and Wufei."

Minako and Ami turned to see Hotaru sliding the glass door shut.

"I'm going to sleep." She announced. Ami and Minako said their goodnights and then turned back around to face the other gundam boys. When Heero got back he saw Minako and Quarte flirting like there was no tomorrow, and Ami and Trowa talking excitedly about the wonders of science.

"That figures…," he thought. Motioning for the boys to leave, Trowa and Quarte ended their conversation with the girls and hurriedly followed Heero out the door. The moment that the door clicked shut Minako and Ami instantly teleported inside Hotaru's room, to see her rapidly typing on her laptop. They sat on her bed, and waited for her to say something.

"Heero saw me fighting. He knows something. I have a gut feeling that he knew who we all were before he saw me kill off those two monsters. I was trying to figure out how, but then I remembered all the search engines that I installed into Heero's laptop. I'm sorry, it seems that I gave away our identities. We just have to be really careful from now on. We need to make sure that Heero keeps our little secret. That's why I'm glad that I researched all about the other pilots. We have some blackmail information…an even tradeoff."

Minako and Ami nodded their affirmative, and then left the room. Hotaru sighed…this was becoming a nightmare.

The next day Hotaru picked out a lavender spaghetti strap shirt that tied at the sides. Her black shirt had a side zipper and had the symbol of Saturn on the bottom left hand corner. Minako wore white short shorts, and wore an orange tank top that tied at the top. Ami wore a long blue pleated skirt and a white blouse. As they entered the classroom, Ami noted with glee that Trowa had chosen a seat right next to her. Hotaru walked silently to her seat and pulled out her laptop, typing rapidly in the ancient language. Ami and Trowa engaged into yet another discussion about chemistry. Meanwhile, everyone was crowded around Minako's desk playing Truth or Dare.

"Minako, I dare you and Hotaru to act like each other for one full day! Change EVERYTHING about yourselves!" Minako paled and said, "I accept." Everyone cheered while Hotaru glanced up at Minako and glared.

"I never agreed to this." She coldly exclaimed. Minako sweat-dropped and whispered, "Come on, Hotaru! You promised you'd help me! You never break your promises." Exhaling deeply, Hotaru looked over at Whitney who was looking at her expectantly.

"When do we start?" Whitney beamed at Hotaru and answered, "Class starts in ten minutes. You have ten minutes to change outfits and personalities." "Understood." Came the short reply. Minako dragged Hotaru to the bathroom where they exchanged clothes and jewelry.

"You owe me big." Hotaru exclaimed.

"Don't I know it," Came the reply.

When Heero and Quarte entered the classroom, they saw that Hotaru and Minako weren't in their seats. With confused looks on their faces, Ami and Trowa filled them in with the latest news. The entire class hushed as Hotaru and Minako walked back into the classroom. Hotaru cringed as she found herself at the center of attention. Orange really wasn't her color.

"Alright! Start acting!" Whitney excitedly said. Hotaru silenced her with a glare.

"We still have one minute." Everyone looked nervously at Hotaru who resumed typing, and Minako who resumed flirting. As if on cue, the bell rang, and instantly, Minako and Hotaru changed.

Minako imagined all the pain that Hotaru had to go through, put on the coldest glare she could muster, and then spat, "Get away from my desk." Meanwhile, Hotaru was laughing along with the guy sitting next to her, as he attempted a joke, the whole time imagining that she was just a normal teenager without a care in the world.

All throughout the day, Minako was quite, and cold, while Hotaru was grinning, loud, and perky. When Lunch came, Hotaru winked at a few boys and then skipped out of the classroom. Minako glared, and then followed Hotaru out. Running as far as she could away from Minako, Hotaru found an isolated Sakura tree by the edge of the sidewalk. Collapsing, Hotaru swore to make Minako pay. Her mouth was dry from her constant blabbing and her head hurt from too much smiling. Tilting her head back, she recalled some of the not so fine moments during class. It turned out that they had a substitute teacher who let them do what they wanted for the rest of class, making this day Hotaru's worst.

***Flashback to the Laptop incident***

"Hey Hotaru?" Hotaru looked up and cheerfully asked, "What?" Misty had an evil look in her eyes as she said, "Shouldn't Minako be typing on your laptop?" Instantly, Minako and Hotaru's face paled considerably.

"B-but…" Minako stuttered. Hotaru had a look of outrage on her face.

"THERE IS NO WAY THAT MINAKO IS GOING TO TOUCH MY LAPTOP! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I HAVE ON THERE? SHE'S PROBABLY GOING TO END UP DELETING ALL MY HARD WORK!" Whitney quietly reminded them of the dare and Hotaru handed her laptop over to Minako, a look of defeat clearly shown on her face.

"So," Hotaru said, turning back around to face Pete.

"What were we talking about again?" Pete grinned and said, "Well, I was going to ask you if you wanted to go eat ice cream with me later." Heero overheard and answered, "She doesn't like ice cream." Surprised, Hotaru and Pete looked over at Heero.

"How did you know?" Asked a shocked Hotaru. Heero turned slightly red as he tried to make up an excuse.

"Because you told me, remember?" Clearly not remembering, Hotaru shook her head. Heero made a quick excuse and walked to the opposite side of the room, trying to hide from his embarrassment. He wasn't going to admit to Hotaru that he had spent three hours searching information on her and memorizing it just for the heck of it. Hotaru blinked, and then turned towards Minako.

"Hey Minako? Why don't you loosen up? Stop working so hard!" Ami thought, "I never though I'd see the day when Hotaru would tell Minako to loosen up." Minako coldly replied, "Calm down Hotaru. It wouldn't hurt to work every now and then." At this statement, Ami's eyes widened even more. She hadn't expected Minako to be saying that to Hotaru, dare or not dare.

***End of flashback***

***Beginning of another Flashback***

Duo happily bounded towards Minako and read over her shoulder. Minako in reality was just moving the mouse back in forth, as she really didn't know how to read the language. As Duo's eyes scanned over the screen, he read out a few lines, surprising Hotaru with his perfect accent.

"Essalieyan andaran antia marafel averalaan. Menorans breodanir tiagra cenera omararas amar. Callesta averda tor leonne. Annagar ardania oerta allars. Sorgassa raverra mancorvo sangarin avantari reymalyn. Cormalyn siodany duvariateratin. Ser valedon kai di' serra marlena en' par di'kyro. There is an evil creature coming?" Duo asked. Shaking her head in disbelief, Hotaru asked Duo, "How do you know that?" Duo answered that he just read the stuff on the screen, and made sense out of it. Standing up and dragging Duo out of the room with her, Hotaru took out her transformation pen.

"Duo," she instructed, "I am going to touch this to your forehead. If nothing happens, then just forget everything, okay?" The braided hair boy nodded and Hotaru gently touched the gem to his forehead. Immediately, black light erupted around Duo as his true Aura began to show. Duo disappeared, but then re-appeared as the god of death, black robes and all, including the scythe. Looking at Hotaru, he whispered, "Sister?" Letting out a genuine smile, Hotaru nodded and gave her brother a hug.

"So I take it that you remember everything?" Duo nodded and de-transformed once again. As they walked back into the classroom, Duo stiffened as he saw the other pilots and the two senshi.

"Do you sense something from them?" Grinning, Hotaru whispered back, "Ami is Princess Mercury, Minako is Princess Venus. I am guessing that Trowa is Prince Titan, cousin of Princess Jupiter and betrothed to Princess Mercury. I also have reasons to believe that Wufei is betrothed to Princess Mars, and Quarte is betrothed to Princess Venus. What do you see?" Grinning, Duo answered, "I see that your assumptions are correct."

When Duo sat down, Heero walked over to him.

"What was that about, Duo?" he frantically asked. Duo looked at him, and seriously replied, "That is none of your business, Odin. Your business is staying out of the senshi's affairs."

***End of Flashback*** (A/N: You might want to re-read the second chapter to fully understand the political status of the Princesses and Protectors as well as the fall of the Silver Millennium. It really helps when you know the characters…)

As the Lunch bell rang, Duo walked out the door to find his sister. When he saw Hotaru sitting by herself, he walked over and sat down next to her.

"So, what do you most regret about the Silver Millennium?" Hotaru looked down and quietly answered,

"Loosing Grace." Duo's face immediately hardened as he thought about his lost sister.

"I understand how you feel. Grace was the best out of the three of us, huh? She was quite and well spoken but still talked, unlike you and I. She was healthy, not athletic like me, and not frail like you. You got all of mom's looks, while I got dads. Grace had both…"

"Gracie was always cheerful, but not perky or cold. I really miss her. I remember how she used to tell me that she hated her Olympian tongue. She said that on my 18th birthday she would split her powers between you and me, so that she could freely go to Earth as a mortal to live like a God couldn't. That was her dream…to live happily...to be free from all the demands that the children of Saturn had. I still can't believe that she's actually gone." Hotaru said, sobbing quietly. Duo fished around his backpack and found a package of Kleenex. Handing it to his sister, he patted her back, while comforting her by saying,

"Well, that's the past, and no one can change that, for it is forbidden. We all miss Grace, but let's just put on a happy face, okay?" Managing a weak smile for her brother, Hotaru switched the subject.

"Tell me what it was like on Saturn when you returned. When I left to fight on the moon, and the protector was called to war, there was a rumor that you went back before you…you…you know…"

Duo knitted his eyebrows, thinking hard.

"I went off to war the moment that I discovered that you had a fiancé. When I heard Queen Serenity's call for her princesses, I went back to Saturn to make sure that everyone was okay. By the time I got there, everyone had already evacuated to Jupiter and the outer planets. The planet was so bare…the trees were dying, and the violets that you planted in the garden had withered. It broke my heart to see that all the fireflies had perished. I went back to my lair to check up on Hades. I had appointed him second in command, because he was a god of death, just like myself. When everyone was taken care of, I searched for your protector. When I got to Jupiter, the rumor was that he was called to war, so I checked with the commander of his section. I raced to the Moon to tell you what happened, but it was too late, the crystal palace was already in ruins. There was nothing for me left. Mom, dad, Grace, and you had already died. I couldn't take it; I was the only survivor that had the blood of Saturn running through my veins. You don't want to know how lonely I felt. I'm just glad that we were all reborn and safe."

The bell rang, signaling that Lunch was over, and the two siblings walked back to class to do absolutely nothing. Twenty minutes later, Hotaru felt the same familiar chill down the back of her spine, nodding to Minako and Ami, they asked to go to the bathroom. Half a second later, Pete looked out the window and shouted, "There's a monster!" Instead of running away from the building in fright, all the students rushed to the windows to see the battle going on.

During the commotion, Duo teleported outside and transformed to the Shinigami. A sudden ironic thought filled Heero's mind.

"If Minako won't back out of a dare, and if Hotaru never breaks her promises, then we are about to witness an excited and hyper Angel of Destruction, and a depressed Senshi of Love and Beauty…this cannot be good."

Hotaru begged Minako to act normal again while the entire battle was being fought.

"Please Venus! THEY DON'T KNOW WHO WE ARE AND IF YOU KEEP ON ACTING THIS WAY, THEY ARE BOUND TO DISCOVER OUR SECRET!" Hotaru hissed under her breath. Still shaking her head, Minako looked at Saturn.

"I never back out of dares, and you promised!" Sighing in defeat, Hotaru tried her best to fight…but failed miserably. How the heck was she supposed to be happy and perky while using such destructive attacks? True to his thoughts, Heero grimly looked on at the battle. Suddenly, his eye caught someone moving rapidly towards the monster, and recognized a scythe.

"Saturn! Venus! We have a newcomer approaching rapidly from the left!" Mercury analyzed. Saturn put up a silence wall and glanced at the person. She sighed in relief when she saw that it was only her brother. Mercury and Venus, however, did not know that he was an ally. Just as Venus was shooting an attack at her brother, Saturn leapt forward and blocked Shinigami.

"He's my brother." Saturn quietly proclaimed. Looking with amusement, Venus said, "You could have told me earlier!" Saturn and the Shinigami joined hands and did a combo attack that only blood siblings could perform.

"Saturn Celestial Blade Slice!" Saturn and the Shinigami shouted while their glaive and scythe merged together. Using both of their powers, they sliced at the monster, who was immediately defeated. They teleported to the back of the school, de-transformed, and then teleported again to the back of the classroom. Luckily, everyone was still crowded around the window, so no one noticed their entrance. They also had conveniently forgotten about the dare. After school, the pilots and senshi exchanged no more words as they each went to their own mansions. Hotaru collapsed on her bed from exhaustion, but then bolted upright as she felt another presence in the room.

"Show yourself." She coldly demanded. A black panther walked up to Hotaru and said, "Hello mistress."

Minako ran into her room to change out of Hotaru's outfit, but as she did, something sitting on her chair caught her attention.

"Artemis?"

"Hello, Minako. I have bad news. Death busters are back and this time they are looking for Mistress 9. We need to bring back Usagi and the rest of the scouts." Minako paled.

"But they are going to kill Hotaru!"

End

Author's Notes: Hiya! Thank you all for bearing with me! Okay, I need help with choosing an animal guide for Ami…I don't know what animal to use! Please review and suggest! If anyone suggests something, most likely, I will use it. Okay, now time for the reviewer's thanks!