Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Without You ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Without You

Prologue

By Mako-chan Fan

Makochan_fan@hotmail.com

PG-13. Romance. Action/Adventure. Drama. SM/GW.

Notes: Writing this fic has been goin' through my mind for weeks! I just couldn't start on it because my AP English teacher gave me summer work that I have to do before I can even step into her class! Ahhh! Good thing I'm done. Now I have the time to write!!! Yippee!!!

186 A.C.

Outskirts of Madrid, Spain, Earth

"Come back here, Triton! I'm gonna cut you stupid bangs!" a girl, no less than six years old, ran after her older brother with a pair scissors on her hand. She was wearing a yellow dress, white baby-doll shoes, and had a yellow ribbon tied to her wavy, auburn hair. Her green eyes glinted with anger, happiness, and mischief all the same time.

"You want me? Come get me!!!" her brother challenged as he ran away from her. His green eyes, the same shade as his younger sister's, sparkled naughtiness as he narrowly escaped away from his sister's clutch. The girl can be capable of anything, just like cutting his precious chestnut bangs that covered his other eye, especially when infuriated.

"I'm gonna get you, just you wait! And when I do, I'll make sure that you live with two eyes visible!"

"Litanya Nicolle Bloom! Stop running with those scissors! You can get hurt! And you, Triton Mikael Bloom! Stop pestering your sister!" a beautiful woman in her early 30's warned them as she saw her two kids running around in circles. Isabella's auburn hair reflected the sunlight as she sat on a bench near a giant tree. Green eyes moved to her husband sitting close to her, an arm wrapped around her shoulders. Those eyes told them to better help her stop the children, or he won't be getting any for a month. The man inwardly cringed.

"Kids, listen to your mother! If you don't, you won't be going outside for a week!" Pierre shouted, backing up his wife's words of warning as his gray eyes, containing amusement, were hidden against sunglasses. The mild wind, blowing from the west, blew on his brown hair.

They were basking in the sun on that lazy Saturday afternoon outside their hacienda, close to their wide vineyard that surrounded their lands on the back. This family was indescribably rich, as they owned a very famous winery, as well as a global and colonial tele-communication company and a TV station. And if that weren't enough, they would inherit their parents' titles, the Duke and Duchess of Catalonia and the Lord and Lady of Flanders. Life was good to them. At the mean time, anyway.

Both children stopped, heeding their parents' warning. Although there were lots of things to do inside their Spanish mansion, both were nature people and can not stand being kept locked in their home. The boy sat between their parents, while the girl sat on their father's lap.

Kissing his daughter's forehead, he asked her, his curiosity piqued, "Where did you get those scissors anyway?"

The child shrugged, kissed her papa's cheek, and hugged him for an answer.

"Papa's girl! Papa's girl!" the boy teased his sister.

"Mama's boy! Mama's boy!" the younger one retorted.

Indeed their teasing were true, but it was because both children reminded their parents of each other. Lita looked like her mother, green eyes, red hair and all, while Trowa looked like his father, dark hair and posture alike, save for his eyes, which were emeralds just like the female.

An elderly woman in her late fifties watched the family huddled on the bench. She giggled, hearing the children's words. They were a picture of a perfect family. A handsome, intelligent man, a beautiful, caring woman, a lovable, charming son and an adorable, sweet daughter. A tear escaped from her eye from seeing this peaceful time in the close family. She went back to the peach-colored hacienda, ready to give out orders to the maids and house workers.

"Papa, when are we going to see Tio Pete? I haven't seen him for a while," the girl asked while playing with her dad's hands.

"Actually, we're going to visit him tomorrow. He wants to see his favorite niece and nephew. He's been working on the gundam a lot you see, and doesn't have much time on his hands right now." Her father informed the whole family.

"Cool. So we're going to the base again, right?" Triton inquired excitedly, wanting to see the cool gundam that his 'uncle' was creating. He was always amazed when he's standing in front of the gundam and having to look WAY up just to see the machine's 'face'.

"Does that mean he's done with the construction?" Isabella inquired.

"Yes. He's excited to share the complete gundam to us, especially to Triton." Pierre ruffled his son's hair.

"I can't wait to see it!" the boy gasped with enthusiasm.

"Hmph."

"What's wrong Tanya?" he asked his sister by his favorite nickname for her.

"That thing is scary! Whenever I look at it, it feels like it's gonna come alive and stomp on me!" Lita admitted. Her brother laughed at his younger sibling.

"Oh, don't think that! That will save us from future enemies."

"What enemies? I thought everything's peaceful. Aren't I right, mom, dad?" the girl questioned.

Both elders were a little slow on their answers, as they selected their words carefully for both their children to understand. " Well, like your brother said, it's against the future enemies. And the government has been receiving threats from a large group of rebels about attacking not just Earth, but all the other colonies. That 'scary' gundam will be able to stop the bad guys." Isabella explained.

"Can that thing do that by itself?" she asked again, eyes wide as saucers.

The father laughed. "Angelita, there's more gundams out there being built. All of them are strong and used as defense to protect us," the father pointed out, using his favorite endearment to his daughter.

"Wow! There's more of those things out there! Tres cool!" Triton shouted, always jumping with glee.

"Bang-boy, you're weird!"

"Shush, Red."

"Make me!" the youngest child said and ran off.

"I'm gonna catch you!" the older child chased.

"Not again!" both elders wailed. They looked at each other.

"This is all your fault, if you hadn't stored all those chocolates and sodas in the pantry, I wouldn't have found it! Now our kids are hyperactive!" Isabella accused.

"Stop blaming me for that! You were craving for them! Besides, you were threatening me on wringing my neck if I didn't buy any sweets! And at 3 AM in the morning too!" Pierre shot back.

Two children's laughing voices were heard and two adults' bickering continued through the entire afternoon.

Well, that's it for the prologue! Reviews, comments, and suggestions are always welcome. It's needed for the fic's improvement. I read somewhere that Trowa Barton is not his real name and that it was Triton Bloom. That's how the fic really playing in my mind. Almost done with Ch1… it's coming very soon! By the way, here's my new page! http://www.geocities.com/jovian_angel