Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Without You ❯ Doctor P, the Secret Base, and the Unnamed Gundam ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks to everyone who gave reviews! Umm… not much to say, really… I'll think of some at the end…

Chapter 1- Doctor P, The Base, and the Gundam

The Next Day

Two black BMW cars with dark window tints were on their way to the base. Each car rode four huge men wearing business suits, armed to the teeth. Between this two cars was a black limousine containing the Bloom Family. Isabella was wearing a light-green sundress and sandals of the same color. Beside her was her husband, Pierre, wearing off-white slacks and a gray polo shirt. His dark eyes, covered with the same glasses he wore yesterday, looked at the children who sat across them, watching a cartoon with the hand-held mini-TV that came with the limo. Lita wore a light blue dress that reached her knees and white sandals. Her red hair, which was like her mother's, was put in another ponytail. Her brother beside her wore a red shirt and blue shorts with blue rubber shoes. Every other minute, he would look outside, wondering if they were close to the base, and then his eyes would go back to the TV.

All three cars entered a gate that surrounded a huge mansion. It was painted white, with Greek columns decorating the front of it. The back held a large swimming pool and an equally large garden.

"Finally! We're here!" screeched Triton as he and the others got out of their cars and stretched.

The wooden front door of the mansion opened to reveal a tall, handsome man in his early 30's with dirty-blonde hair and blue eyes sparkling with happiness. He was wearing a white shirt with comfortable khaki pants. Seeing the man, the two kids squealed, ran to him, hugged his legs. He smiled and kissed both the kids' foreheads.

"How're my two favorite kids in the whole world today? I've missed you guys!" He greeted, happy to see both their faces.

"We missed you too, Uncle! We haven't seen you in a long time!" Lita cried as the man's strong arms carried her.

"Yeah, Uncle. I thought we could see the gundam every other weekend?" Triton pointed out and punched his uncle's leg. He got a little mad when his dad told him they couldn't visit the base every other weekend because the construction was on a hustle.

"Oh, I'm sorry, kiddo. You know how busy we've been. But we're finished now, and you are gonna get to see it. But let's go inside, all right? We don't want anyone knowing our secret." The man advised.

He looked up and saw his best friend and his wife. He put his 'niece' down, walked towards them. He hugged his best friend and shook his hand after. Then, he kissed the woman on the cheek.

Pete Champlaine was Pierre Bloom's best friend for the last twenty years. Their parents were also the best of friends, and a reunion was how these two met. They became inseparable. Pierre moved Pete's school after grade school and they both went to Harvard together. This was where Pierre met Isabella Hermosa.

"God, it's been a long time, P. You've changed. How's life been, Bell? Good, I hope," he remarked.

"Oh shut up, P. It hasn't been THAT long. One and a half months is not long at all." Pierre answered joyfully.

"Everything's great, Pete. How're you? You seem happy," Isabella replied, glad to see their friend again.

"Ah well, everything's at ease now. It's done, and I couldn't be happier. Well, maybe except when the kids see the final look of it. Now let's go inside."

"C'mon! C'mon! I can't wait!" the boy said, wanting them to hurry up.

Everyone, including the bodyguards, went inside the mansion.

The big living room contained two sets of couches that faced a big fireplace. Connected to it was the huge dining room, and connected to that was a clean kitchen. Close to the kitchen were fifteen bedrooms. The hallway lead to the center of the house where wooden stairs were made. It led to another thirty rooms upstairs.

But it wasn't where the group headed. They went to the study room with huge cabinets that held both new and old books. There were two doors on the other side of the room, which they opened. Instead of rooms, however, they held secret elevators. They closed the doors, then the elevator doors. Pete pressed a button, and the elevator went down. After a few seconds of waiting, the elevator doors opened again. The two kids rushed outside, excited to see the secret underground base again.

Lots of men and women crowded the base that they worked on. Mechanics, different scientists, and doctors worked in this base to create mobile dolls, new jets, ships, the whole lot. And now, the newest creation, the gundam, was done. Everyone was proud of proving their loyalty for the peace of the world and the colonies.

As the people saw who had just arrived, they stopped what they were doing or where they were going and clapped. The Bloom and Hermosa Families were major contributors of money for the construction of secret military projects, especially the gundam project. They had probably given hundreds of billions of dollars all in all, and that didn't hurt the family one bit.

Some people hollered 'Bloom' and soon others chanted it, too.

"All right people! Back to work! Lots of work to do!" Pete Champlaine was the creator and the boss for the gundam project, and has also created the newest versions of fighter planes, mobile suits, and SSS (space spy satellites). He was the person who suggested to the government to build the secret underground basement, as well as to house the geniuses behind the construction of these projects under one huge roof.

As the people went back to work, the group walked to the left hallway, turned right, and entered a room. It had a large glass at the other side of the room, where they could see the huge field where the gundam was set up. Inside were eight people, four of them were bodyguards and the other four were two gracefully aged couples. They all beamed as they saw who has just appeared.

"Grand-mere, grand-pere, abuelo, abuela! I didn't know you were coming!" Lita greeted and hugged each of them, her brother and parents following her example.

"Neither did we, until Pete called us last night about the 'unveiling'." Grand-pere Francis exclaimed.

"I swear, this is like a family reunion. Except that there's more bodyguards in this room than us." Pierre commented.

"Hey, I think they're family, too. After all, they live in our house and always tag along with us." Triton grinned and offered a smile to the black-suited men. They all smirked back. One of them gave Triton a high-five.

"Okay everyone. Ready to see the finished gundam?" Pete asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I wanna see!" the boy screamed excitedly.

Pete pushed up a bar on his side, switching the lights in the field on. They all gasped at what they saw.

A fifty-foot gundam faced them. The shoulders, the helmet, the chest, the hips, the elbows, feet, and knees were black with dark green edges. The rest of the parts were silver. It's eyes were dark green, too. The only thing that excluded this gundam to other gundams was the pair of dark green wings attached to its back.

"WOW! That's so cool! It's all big and new and…" Triton rattled on and on about the incredible gundam.

"Let's go downstairs so we could see it closer and touch it." Abuelo Marco suggested.

"Okay. But before we do that, I wanna ask the two kids what to call the gundam." Pete said, while looking at the kids.

"WE GET TO PICK THE NAME!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!" Triton praised the Maker for giving him this chance.

"Tri, you're just eight." Lita glowered.

"So, what do you kids want to call it?" Pierre asked.

"Some examples of the name could be Adamanthea, Alcyone, or Moira." Pete suggested.

The two kids scowled and made faces when they heard the names.

"What kinda names are those? They're so weird! I don't like them." Lita said as she wrinkled her nose.

"Well, that's because they're names from Greek mythology. Remember those bedtime stories that I tell you?" Isabella looked at both her children.

"Oh. So they're like Apollo and Jove and those names?" Triton inquired, innocence seen on his eyes.

"Yes. They're just like that."

The two kids looked at each other.

"What do you think, Red?"

"I don't know Tri. Uncle, can we think of some other names? We'll give our answer later."

"Okay, then."

They all went back outside and rode the escalator the rest of the way. While Triton went running closer to it, the others noticed how quiet Lita was.

"Oh what's wrong honey?" Her uncle asked her, worry seen clearly on his face.

"Hmm.." the girl was reluctant to say that she was scared of it.

Her dad noticed her distress and patted her head. "Angelita, it's okay. It's not alive and it surely won't stomp on you."

"How can you be so sure? And even if it doesn't stomp on me, it can eat me!"

"No it won't sugar. Now come on, let's go to your brother," her uncle picked her up and walked toward it.

Triton was touching the gundam amazingly like it was the Maker himself. His mouth was wide open as he circled it.

Pete grinned at his nephew's awe. However, he also felt Lita's head on his shoulder as they approached the machine.

"Honey, it's okay. It's never gonna come alive, not unless someone operates it. I promise you that. See, Lita? Just look, nothing bad is gonna happen." She listened to her uncle and looked at the gundam. If he promised her that, then it means it's true. She was amazed at the thing's size!

"Tall…" was all she could say.

Her uncle laughed and set her down. Lita went to her brother and touched the gundam's feet.

"Congratulations, Pete. This is remarkable work!" Isabella commented, patting his back.

"Yeah, Uncle! Congrats! Hey, can see it move?" Triton inquired.

"Sure, kiddo. Hey Harold, you heard the kid! Send someone up there!" Pete ordered.

"Okay, boss. James!"

"Yeah, I heard him Doctor P. Coming up!"

"You're a doctor, Uncle Pete? I didn't know that. Can you make sick people feel better?" Lita asked, looking up at her uncle.

All the adults heard this and laughed. Lita got annoyed. "What's so funny?"

"Baby, they call people doctors too when they're scientists or experts in other fields. Your Uncle Pete, after making huge ships and fighter planes and other military things, earned that title." Abuela Gracia explained to her granddaughter.

"Oh! I get it now!"

"Doctor P! I'm up here now and I'm gonna enter the gundam in a few seconds." A voice called out from way up.

They saw the gundam's head open and then close. They waited for a few more seconds, waiting for it to move. It didn't move.

"Why's it taking so long?" Triton demanded for an answer.

They waited for a few more seconds. The head opened again, and heard James's voice. "Something's wrong! I tried turning it on several times and it wouldn't work!"

"Do it again! It will probably take a few more tries before it powers up!" Harold advised.

A minute passed when they heard James again. "It won't work!"

"Dammit, just get down here! We'll work on this tomorrow! I'm going to make it work!" Pete swore. Then he looked down at the young man, upset written on his face. "Sorry, Tri. Guess it's a bad day."

"That's okay Uncle, we can always come back when everything's good again."

"Okay, let's take a few more tours before going back up. I heard you guys have a new creation." Pierre mentioned.

They left the gundam area to another field.

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Again, I just want to thank everyone for the reviews. I haven't thought of the name, so I need some names. Most of the names I chose are from Greek Mythology. Here they are:

Alcyone- princess of the winds (I chose this 'coz of the gundam's wings, which is its uniqueness from other gundams)

Moira- goddess of oldest legends who have all of the Three Fates' attributes. She directed the destiny of mankind before she was 'split' in three. (chose this 'coz in the future, this gundam will determine the world and colonies' fate)

Atalanta- mortal who was so beautiful and so strong that people thought she was a goddess (I don't know why I chose this, I jes like it)

Electra- the daughter of Agamemnon. She loved her father very much and vowed vengeance when he was murdered (do I have to give you the reason why I chose it? It's kinda OBVIOUS!)

Nyx- Darkness; mother of light. As Chaos's daughter, she was gloomy and violent, the nature that Lita was be like when she gets older… HEY! I just gave you some insight of the story's future!

Okay guys! That's all I chose! Give me some other names that would be really cool! I'm going to give you guys some time to read my fic and give me your answers/votes! You're choice will be official in the next chapter, so I'll give you a week! BYE!!!