Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Without You ❯ Weird... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2- Weird...

That night…

"Here's to the Bloom and Hermosa Families for being the major supplier of endless amounts of money for our projects. God Bless you, and may you turn even richer so we can get more money." Everyone laughed at Doctor P's declaration. All one hundred and eighty workers, plus the other nineteen adults held their glasses that contained wine up. The two children drank juice. "Cheers." Everyone took a sip of his or her drink.

Triton stood up and turned to leave the dining hall. Lita was baffled.

"Where are you goin', Tri?" she asked wanting to go with her brother.

"Bathroom, Red. I've been holding it for so long I think I'm gonna explode. Be right back okay?"

"'K."

Lita was then surrounded by adults, pinching her cheeks, telling her and each other how cute she and her brother were, and asking questions about herself. She'd been eating her food and talking merrily with them when she realized that her brother was taking too long. She checked her watch. 'He's been gone for fifteen minutes. Where could that dummy be?'

She excused herself from her company and went to the other side of the long table where her parents, grandparents, and uncle were seated. She tapped her mom on the shoulder.

"Yes, hon. What is it?"

"I'm jes gonna look for Tri, okay?"

"Why? Where did he go?" Her dad asked.

"He said he was going to the bathroom. But that was fifteen minutes ago," the little girl answered.

"Well, he's probably just walking around. You know how amazed that boy is about how big this place is," her Uncle Pete informed. "Don't worry, sweetie. Your brother's fine."

Lita turned around and walked back to her seat scowling. She sat and picked at her food, waiting for her brother. No matter how annoying and mean her brother sometimes is, she loved him dearly and is always unsettled when he's not around. She quietly walked away, starting to look for her brother. She turned to the left and walked on the long hallway.

Unfortunately, she missed her brother, who came from the other hallway. He didn't see his sister. He went back to his seat and ate. He was so hungry from walking around the place, getting lost because he was awed by his surroundings.

"Excuse me, sir, but do you know where my sister went?" He asked the man across him when he realized that her sister wasn't in the dining room.

"I... I don't know. She was here a minute ago," the man answered.

He went to his parents and told them that Lita wasn't in the room.

"That child. She probably went looking for you. Your sister can be so protective of you, Triton," Grandmere expressed.

"Let's go look for your sister," Pierre declared, wondering where his Angelita went.

"I'll come, too," said Pete. "Excuse us ladies, gentlemen."

~~10 minutes later~~

"Triton? Triton! Where are you, you butthead?" Lita screamed. She'd been everywhere, in people's rooms, corridors, every nook and cranny of the place. 'Where could he be?' She turned around and saw the library doors were left open. She grinned. 'Aha! You went down didn't you? Couldn't wait to get another glimpse of the gundam, eh?' She "followed" him down the base.

When the elevator doors opened, she walked forward the dark base. The only lights on were the fire exit lights. She had chills up her spine, warning her that something weird is happening, or will happen. 'Get a grip! You're only scared because you're down her with that gundam! Remember, it's only a machine. It doesn't even work!'

With her attitude more confident, she called out to her brother. "Come out, come out Triton. Daddy's gonna be mad if he finds out that you're here by yourself. Haven't you had you fill of the gundam yet? Are you thinking of the gundam's name without me? Triton? Triton!"

She made a 360-degree turn, still not seeing where Triton was. She scowled, getting tired of her silly brother's game. Can't he just come out of his hiding place?

Lita faced the gundam. She looked up to its imposing face.

Suddenly, her emerald eyes turned to empty dull-gray. Those eyes made her look as either her life was drained out of her or she was in a trance. She moved her eyes down to a Swiss knife left on the floor near the gundam's foot. As if being commanded, she started walking and picked up the knife. Its sharp edge gleamed in the darkness.

Lita raised her other arm. Out of the blue, she slashed it with the knife.

"Ow!" Lita screeched, dropping the knife on the floor. Her empty gray eyes reverted back to the green, lively orbs she had before. 'What happened?'

Blood seeped out from the wound. A drop of it fell on the gundam's foot, followed by another.

Unexpectedly, the gundam hummed to life. It was odd how the gundam started shortly after the blood touched it, as if that same blood gave it life.

She tensed and looked up. Her jaw dropped when its head moved down. The green lights representing its eyes glowed and looked at her. The two looked at each other for a moment.

'Lita...' the gundam said telepathically. 'Lita... Lita... Lita...'

The young girl couldn't take it.

~~Back at the first floor~~

"We can't find her anywhere." Pete said as he and Triton met up with Pierre. They had split up, him and Triton going left and Pierre going right.

"She's not the right side of the mansion either."

"Where do you think she went?"

"I don't know, Pete. Lita never goes anywhere without my permission."

"There's only one place left."

"Where, Triton? I thought we've covered every place?"

"Not quite, Uncle. We haven't checked out the basement yet."

"The basement? Triton, you know your sister's scared of the gundam. She'd never go down there alone."

"You're right, dad. But where would she have gone? Uncle's right. We've covered everywhere. Besides, if she thought I went down on the basement, there's no doubt she'd follow me."

"Okay then, let's go down the base."

As they rode the elevator down and it's doors opened, they heard her deafening scream.

"Lita!!!" They all ran to her and saw her standing up, looking at the gundam, screaming at the top of her lungs.

Pierre and Triton hugged Lita and shushed her. Pete noticed the blood on Lita's arm, her bloodied dress and the small puddle on the floor.

"Lita! You're bleeding! What happened? Are you hurt? Jesus! Here, let me cover you wound." He covered the cut with his thin hanky. He knew it wouldn't hold for long and he was scared his niece would lose too much blood.

"Lita, honey, it's okay. Don't cry, don't cry. We're going up now, okay? Let's go up guys." Pierre carried his daughter and started for the elevator.

Triton saw the sharp-looking Swiss knife lying on the floor. He pointed at it while talking to his uncle. "Uncle, look! She was cut using that knife!"

"Dammit! Who the hell would leave a knife here?" He asked no one, not caring if Triton heard him swearing. " Come on. Let's go with them. Let's ask her what happened."

~~Back up~~

"Oh, sweetie. What happened to your arm? Who did it?" asked Isabella to her daughter after covering the punctured arm using a medical kit.

"Mama! Mama! That gundam moved and talked to me!" she wailed as she hugged her mother.

"What do you mean? Tell me everything that happened."

"Well, Triton was taking so long that I got worried. So I looked for him. But I couldn't find him anywhere. And then I saw the library doors were open. I thought Triton went to the underground base so he could see the gundam again. I looked up at the gundam and then... I don't remember anything else. The next thing I know I had a gash on my arm where I cut myself. I don't know why I did it. And then the gundam moved its head and its eyes glowed green. It talked to me! Well, not really talk. I heard him call my name in my head. I told you that thing's a monster!" She told the family, sniffing while remembering what happened a few minutes before.

The adults looked at each other. They didn't realize how traumatized Lita really was with the gundam. She was so scared that imaginary thoughts made her think it moved and talked.

"Lita, it didn't move. Nor did it talk. You heard what that pilot said, right? Something was wrong with the gundam. So it couldn't have moved. Okay, Lita?" Pete explained to her gently.

"But it did move! It did talk! Of course you won't believe me! You didn't see it!"

Pierre shook his head. "I think we should go home. The gundam obviously made her upset."

"Yes, We should leave as well. We've got an early flight tomorrow to Los Angeles." Grandpere agreed.

They said their good-byes and left in different limos. Pierre and Isabella worriedly looked at their daughter sitting silently across them. They knew she was mad that they don't believe her, yet how could they? It was impossible!

Triton was looking at his sister sitting beside him. Could it be possible that what she said really happened? But it's so far-fetched!

End Chapter Two

Author's Notes: Well, here's the second chapter. I've decided not to give the gundam a name yet, seeing as not a lot of people voted. Please vote!!! Here are the results:

Alcyone, Moira, Atalanta, Electra- 0

Nyx- 2

By the way, the other senshi and the other gundams will be here, too. Duo will be appearing sooner than the others however. Duo will probably appear starting Chapter 4, the others Chapter 6 or 7, aite? Sorry, can't be helped. Also, this is AU so there will be no transformations for the senshis. Sorry folks! Here are the couples that will be together in this fic. They're not final yet, except for the ones with the 'X' after them:

Lita + Duo

Darien + Serena X (I might put them with Setsuna and Seiya)

Raye + Wufei

Haruka + Michiru

Mina + Triton X

Hotaru + Heero

Yaten + Quatre X

Amy + Taiki

Seiya + Setsuna X

By the way, Yaten, Taiki, and Seiya will be triplets here, so you can see my dilemma with putting them together will other peepz. Oh yeah, Yaten will be a girl while the other two will be boys. And Darien, Raye, and Hotaru will be siblings, too. Haruka's a guy here!