Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing/Tenchi Muyo: Time of Discovery ❯ Let the Games Begin ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Light: [Calls forth the entire cast] Are you ready for more torture..um I mean more fun

The entire cast: Like we have no choice!

Light: Nope

[Relena gropes Heero again]

Light: [facefaults] Come on Relena can’t you wait till fic begins.

Relena: [still groping] No I can’t.

Heero: Can't somebody help me she’s crushing my ribs.

Everyone else: [facefaults]

Tenchi: Thank god he hasn’t paired anyone with me yet.

Light: The fic is not over with yet Tenchi.

Tenchi: Me and my big mouth.

Light: I need to punch out another chapter don’t I.

Duo: Oh no take your time.

Light: To bad. Now will one of you lovely ladies roll the disclaimers please?

[Ryoko and Ayeka step up but end up fighting over who will do it or not. Light facefaults.]

Kiyone: I’ll do it. [Rolls the disclaimer]

Disclaimer: I don’t own either Gundam Wing or Tenchi Muyo. The character Andrew on the other hand is mine

Chapter 7
Let the games begin

“Who in the name of all that is Shinigami thought up this idea?” Duo said as they headed toward the Galaxy Police training course. “It’s been three weeks since we joined them and they still think that were not ready.”

“Just wait and see.” Quatre said to reassure the braided pilot.

“Well believe it or not but this will be the final test.” Heero said to answer everybody’s questions. “I’m kinda glad to get a refresher course on my own training.”

Everybody looked at Heero. His mood has been improving sense they started the training. This is too weird Mr. Anti-Social is becoming Mr. Social. Duo though as he turned away and entered the training facility.

Heero knew he was drawing their attention with the change in attitude. In fact he was enjoying it. Relena was a big help in bringing him out of his shell. He let out a slight chuckle.

“Today this will be your final test!” The instructor said, “You will be tested in all areas of physical training, hand-to-hand, endurance, technical expertise and diplomacy. This is an individual effort. Any questions.”

Duo raised his hand, “Yeah I was wondering do we get a break for lunch and do you in fact have a but up your ass?”

“Smart ass.” The instructor said as he punched Duo. “But to answer your questions, 1 yes you will have a break for lunch and 2, no I don’t have a bug up my ass.”

Duo got up and rubbed his chin. “Damn! What did you hit me with a brick wall or a steel trap.” he said annoyed as he sat back down.

“Now if there are any other interruptions. You can begin the test. You only need to pass four out of five of the areas to pass the test.” The instructor continued, “This is order for each of you. Yuy you will begin with the hand-to-hand, technical expertise, endurance, physical training and ending with diplomacy. Maxwell you start with physical training, diplomacy, hand-to-hand, endurance and finally technical expertise. Barton your first area is technical expertise, endurance, diplomacy, hand-to-hand ending with physical training. Winner you start with diplomacy, physical training, technical expertise, endurance ending with hand-to-hand. Chang starts with endurance, hand-to-hand, diplomacy, technical expertise concluding with physical training. Any questions how.”

Both Trowa and Wufei raised their hands. The instructor picked Trowa to speak first. “Umm not to be insubordinate but me and Wufei end with the same thing. How are we spouse to finish at the same time?”

“I see your point Barton and I’m guessing Chang was going to make the same point.” Wufei nodded in agreement before the instructor continued. “That is simple. The PT part of the test is a timed course both you and Chang will start at different times.”

The pilots smiled after the rotation was announced. They knew that this would be too easy in some cases.

***

Relena and the other girls sat around in the house in Yagami’s hold. Relena was hoping the best for Heero and the other pilots. She saw Tenchi staring out into space. She walked over to him to see what was on his mind. “Penny for your thoughts?”

Just a little startled Tenchi turned and looked at Relena and said, “I was thinking about earth. My home in rural Japan. The six girls who were all bickering over me. And remembering the peaceful time with you guys around.” In reality he was thinking about Relena though she was in love with Heero, Tenchi had the same feeling for her. If only you knew. He thought admiring her beauty. Heero would probably kill me if he found out.

“That’s good.” She smiled, “I thought you want to talk to somebody, you looked troubled.”

“I’ll take a rain check on that some other time k.” Tenchi answered turning back to his thoughts.
***

The first test for Heero had been really easy. He was on his second stage of his test. His job was to fix a junked out engine in a space ship in an hour. He had brushed up these engines last night enough that he could do it blind folded.

Duo on the other hand was a total failure at Diplomacy. He was to clam down a false situation between two rival planets almost at war. But Duo messed up by hitting on one of side’s female entourage and it immediately sent them to war thus ending the test. Duo swore as he left the room and waited for his next stage to open up.

***2 hours later***

“Time is up leave your areas and return to your quarters.” The instructor said on the loud speaker. And the five teenagers left their areas and returned to the Yagami to get some rest.

***

Relena rushed to him when they got back and leaped into Heero’s arms. “I missed you so much, how was it?”

Heero smiled and replied, “To some extent it was ok.” And pulled her into a quick kiss.

Taking his hand Relena and Heero went off to their room to talk.

Duos looked around to see if there was anyone to bug. Damn these people have gotten boring. He thought after seeing that they were busy he went off to find Ryoko.

Trowa went and sat next to Kiyone. Trowa found himself at ease being around her. “How did it go?” She said with a small smile.

“I went through ok.” He said sitting down beside her.

Quatre went into the kitchen to make some tea. When he entered the kitchen he saw Sasami working on dinner. “Hello Sasami how are you, do you need any help.” He said while gathering the ingredients for his tea.

Sasami smiled and answered, “No I’ll be fine but thanks for the offer.”

Wufei on the other hand went over to Andrew, “Be on your guard knight, for I challenge you to a sparring match.” He said reaching for his beam trident

Andrew answered by drawing his own weapon and responded, “Any time your ready gundam pilot.” And charged at Wufei, beginning the match.

Tenchi had been practicing with Yosho. He was learning how to control the Juri power. To the extent of his power he can call forth Lighthawk wings and use them for defense and if he merged with them he becomes very powerful that has an energy shield and a saber that can become a boomerang that can hit targets from a far. Right now he is trying to be able to call forth the wings and will. So far out of ten tries he called them 40% of the time. “You’ve got to try harder if you’re going to help the gundam pilots beat Zechs. Ten more times.”

“Yes Grandfather.” Tenchi said trying again. He focused his power to call out the Lighthawk wings. He felt his power rise within him.

Yosho watched carefully, he was looking for the sign that Tenchi was doing it correctly, a small trio of triangles in a semi circle that the bottom tip focus on a small dot. Suddenly he spotted what he was looking the semi circle of triangles appeared on the middle of Tenchi’s forehead. That’s it boy keep it up. He though

Tenchi was concentrating on keeping his mind clear of any distractions. Quickly he had the urge to place his hands out in fount of him. When he did this he saw what he was trying accomplish the Lighthawk wings two of them were in fount of his hands the other was facing the ground and in a sudden rush the wings surrounded him.

He reappeared now donned in a pure white outfit with flares on his arms and sides and gray markings on his lower part of his face and upper part of his neck. Now in front of him was a wide line of energy angled upward a bit Tenchi reached up and grabbed the bottom and then the saber appeared.

“Excellent!” Yosho said applauding. “Now do it again.”

Tenchi released his energy and returned to normal, and started the process all over again.

***

The assessors review the entire exam of all five pilots and gave them a percentage; an 80% was the lowest grade possible to pass the test and the pilots have done very well. Duo received an 80% cause he had failed the diplomacy part of his exam. Trowa also scored an 80%; he had screwed up on the technical expertise part. Wufei also failed diplomacy thus receiving an 80%. Quatre also scored an 80% he failed the endurance part. The only 100% on the exam, was Heero he didn’t fail any part of his exam.

When they were finished one of the assessors looked up and said, “Time to let them know.” With that they got up and informed the examiner the scores.

***

The pilots got the call that the scores are in and to report to the briefing room for the reading of the scores. “So Heero what do you think you made?” Duo asked him.

“I won’t know till they say.” Heero answered knowing full well that will annoy Duo.
“Oh really, I figured that Zero would let you know what you made.” Duo replied hoping that will trigger a reaction from Heero.

Heero didn’t answer just in spite of Duo. They were very close to the briefing room and he figured that it was the best choice not to answer.

When they arrived they sat down and waited. A few minutes later the examiner entered, “Ok the scores are in, lets start with the highest score and that would be Mr. Yuy receiving a perfect score of 100%. Although your diplomacy skills are not all that good you did stop the war in the scenario.”

Heero just nodded and smirked a bit. He remembered how he stopped that conflict. The two sides’ representatives were bickering back and forth threatening one another. Half way through the argument Heero got fed up and pulled out his gun and made them negotiate terms at gunpoint. Maybe he’ll tell it to the others to get a good laugh.

“Now that is over with lets give out the rest of the scores.” The examiner said looking down at his paper. “Maxwell, 80%. Barton you also got an 80%. Winner also got an 80%. And finally Chang you got an 80%.” He paused for a moment to let the info sink in. “Not bad for a bunch of hot shot teenagers. You’ll be issued out standard issue GP blaster, and be stationed on the Yagami. The chief will give the rest of your orders to you. Any questions.” He paused again, “Good then your dismissed.”
***

“Well leave it to the perfect solider to pass the test.” Duo said sarcastically before asking, “And exactly did you do in the Diplomacy part to that test?”

“Easy made them negotiate at gunpoint.” Heero said to the braided pilot. “I’ll explain it in detail later.”

“Damn, I knew you were capable of anything thing but that proved it.” Duo exclaimed. He watched Heero head off to the target range. “Where are you going?”

“To sight in my new weapon, of course.” Heero cheerfully answered as he headed off.

Duo shivered at the tone of Heero’s voice. I never though I lived to see the day that Heero would be happy about anything. He though as he entered Yagami’s hold.



***

Mericous and Vay-8 were sparring with Zechs to prepare them for the upcoming battle. The seen was intense as Mericous was going saber to saber with Zechs, they were going so fast it was almost a blur. Vay-8 stood in the far corner waiting for the time to attack with his buster rifle. His finger was slowly scratching the trigger hoping to cure his insane itching trigger finger. Suddenly Mericous was out of his line of fire and pulled the trigger sending the blast of intense beam of plasma at Zechs.

Zechs dodged in time but he knew that it was the end of the match.

Mericous was poised to strike at Zechs as soon as he dodged Vay-8’s blast. When Zechs stopped, Mericous gave the disabling thrust at Zechs beam saber energy cord stopping before he cut it. “Your defenseless.” He finally said as he returned to normal.

“You’ve improved greatly.” Zechs said after returning to normal, “Now it’s a waiting game, and that wait won’t be long. You think you can handle a knight, a prince and a lone gundam pilot.”

A servant entered the room and stammered out. “Umm…your majesty you mean two princes and a gundam pilot. The knight you knew as Andrew is a crown price also.”

Zechs looked at the servant in shock. How could he hide it from me? He thought then replied, “How could someone like him hide that information from me.”

“With the Juri Power sire.” The servant answered somewhat scared.

“Shit.” Zechs cursed, “This is something that wasn’t expected, but the other prince, Tenchi Masaki, I feel that his power is greater than any Juri prince ever from what I’ve read about him and his duel with Kagato he over powered him. He could probably take one of us out easily so you better be careful.”

Vay-8 and Mericous kneeled before Zechs, “As you command sire.”

Zechs sent the servant away and said to himself. “Let the games begin.”

End Chapter 8

Light: Now that wasn’t too bad.

Duo: [holding an icepack] Speak for yourself. Did you have to have that guy hit me?

Light: Now do you want me to give you the long story or the condensed version.

Duo: [extremely annoyed] How about the short one.

Light: In a phrase ‘Character Bashing’

Every character besides Relena: I though that was only for certain characters.

Light: [now in a professor’s outfit] Not really. The term means to bash a certain that is your favorite but in most cases it’s quite the opposite.

Gundam pilots, Tenchi and the girls: [sweatdrop]

[Light turns to the readers]

Light: People I could sure use your suggestions, just drop me e-mail or post it as a review thanks see ya next chapter.