Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Night's Redemption ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own either Gundam Wing

"blah" speaking

/blah/ thoughts

`blah' telepathy

 

-

 

`He smells of a Night Walkers power, but not of their blood.' Thor walked over to Shiva. `We should ask the Elders why that could be so.'

 

Ma'at nuzzled Duets hand, causing it to twitch. `We won't have to wait much longer; Bright Star is waking up now.' She sat up, Freya copying her motions. Duets hand continued to twitch as it curled into a fist before flexing and laying flat on the ground. A groan escaped Duets lips as she opened her eyes. `Greetings Bright Star.' Ma'at nuzzled the extended hand once more.

 

Duet pushed herself up until she was crouching before the two gray female cats. `Greetings Ma'at, Freya. Thank you for coming.' The two cats purred. Duet glanced at Sally. `Who is this?'

 

Ma'at walked forward, brushing up against Sally. `She smelt of medicine so I let her close to you to make sure nothing was wrong.'

 

Duet frowned, eyes flickering around as she looked at everyone else. A spurt of fear erupted in her again when she looked at one of the people from her dream. `And the others?'

 

`They have no malicious intentions towards you.' Ma'at walked over to Quatre. `And this one shares some of your blood.'

 

Duets eyes widened in surprise. "Oh really?" she blurted out loud.

 

"Well, she can speak," Duo drawled, walking over to Duet. He held out his hand. "Name's Duo Maxwell. I run, I hide, but I never tell a lie. That's Heero, Trowa, Quatre, Wufei and Sally." Duo pointed at everyone as he introduced them. "Now, why don't you tell us why those cats are acting like they're intelligent and just what the hell they are doing."

 

Duet stared at his hand before gingerly shaking it. "They're not cats, they're ame-neko and they are intelligent. And they're here because I called them." She released Duo's hand as she stood up. "You were the one on the roof, weren't you." Duet looked straight at Quatre.

 

Quatre started, surprised. "Yes, I was. How did you know?" Ma'at was now sitting before him, eyes intent on his face.

 

Duet ignored his question. "Ma'at says you have the same heritage as me. Now, tell me why you were tracking me."

 

"Ma'at? Whose Ma'at?" Quatre asked, confused.

 

At the same time Quatre was speaking Heero said, "To protect you, like I said earlier."

 

Duet glanced at Heero, staring at him, before transferring her gaze to Duo. She suddenly smiled, a weight lifting off of her. "My apologies. At least you were the ones to find me first. And that," she pointed at the small gray cat, "is Ma'at." Duet pointed at the others, introducing them as well. "This is Shiva, Freya, Thor, Horus, Hermes and Ares."

 

Wufei cleared his throat. "And you have no objections to coming with us, right?" He looked pointedly at her, tone implying that she better not have a problem with it.

 

Duet arched an eyebrow at him. "Ma'at, I thought you said that they have no malicious intentions."

 

"We don't," Sally shot Wufei a look. "Just that I'm sure it's been awhile since you could take a shower and we really ought to continue this conversation elsewhere. The logical place would be our hotel room."

 

Duet looked at Sally, a dreamy expression on her face. "A real shower, one where I can take my time. Oh, that sounds heavenly. Alright, you've convinced me, I'll go with…" Duet suddenly looked up, all of the ame-neko, with the exception of Ma'at, copied her. A few seconds later a falcon swooped down and perched on the railing to the fire escape.

 

-

 

"You're certain that these humans will be able to protect her?" Lady Une looked up with a sigh; her visitor still hadn't left and she had plenty of work to do. The fact that her visitor was of noble blood didn't impress her in the least.

 

"They're my best agents. If they can't do it then no human can protect her. Have some faith, Lord Mikael." Mikael snorted and continued his pacing, long blond hair swaying, his ame-neko bondmate watching with undisguised mirth.

 

`Tempest Calm, You'll wear a hole in the floor if you keep that up long enough. This human knows her job, just as you do.' Mikael stopped his pacing.

 

"I suppose you're right, Tyr. It's just that we've waited so long for her to show up and now that she's here the Night Walkers have sent her own father to kill her." He paused, shaking his head in wonder. "I knew those beings could be ruthless, but still!"

 

Lady Une sighed again. "Look, I know how to contact you when my agents report in. Please Lord Mikael, return to your hotel room. I have a lot of work to do." Une glared at her tall visitor. /You'd almost think he was Milliardo, but he at least would have left by now!/ She sorted a few more papers, reading through some and adding her signature to the ones that needed it. Hearing the door to her office open and close, she put the papers down, folding her arms atop them. /Ah love, what would you have made of this situation?/

 

-

 

`Have the unbonded ame-neko in New York reported back yet?' Lord Mikael walked through the streets, Tyr perched on his right shoulder.

 

`They've caught up with Bright Star; she's unharmed.' Tyr rubbed his cheek against Mikael's. `And one of the people near her is a hanbun. Ma'at is trying to determine his name. One more thing; according to Thor, one of the humans smells of a Night Walker's powers but doesn't carry the stench of the blood. I've asked Mimir about it.'

 

"Hmmm." Mikael's long strides quickly brought him to the plush hotel he and his cousin, Milliardo Peacecraft, or as the ame-neko named him, Wind Warrior, were staying at. Zephyrus was waiting for them once Mikael and Tyr reached their suite.

 

`The sun smile on you.' Zephyrus padded forward, rubbing his face against Mikael's legs. Mikael reached down, running a hand through Zephyrus's soft fur, Tyr using the opportunity to jump down.

 

`May her arms always embrace you.' Mikael straightened up. "Any luck?"

 

Milliardo looked up from the computer, pushing back to allow his bondmate to jump onto his lap. "Nothing yet." He absently started running a hand through Zephyrus's fur. "Then again, it's not that surprising. My sister did have good reasons for proposing the blanket pardon, but it does make investigating rather tedious."

 

"Lady Une didn't have anything to add; she seemed rather upset." Mikael walked over to stand next to his cousin, pushing a few loose strands of hair behind an ear, exposing the delicately pointed tip. "Are all humans so impatient?"

 

Milliardo let out a soft chuckle. "I keep forgetting; you haven't had much experience in dealing with humans have you? Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Probably faster than my sister and I did to learning we weren't fully human." The computer let out a beep, interrupting whatever Milliardo was about to add. "Looks like we finally found something."