Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Night's Redemption ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own either Gundam Wing

"blah" speaking

/blah/ thoughts

`blah' telepathy

 

-

 

Duet bent slightly at the waist, bowing to the falcon. `Greetings Lord Dalibor. What brings you here?'

 

The falcon swiveled its head, one eye staring at her, unblinking. `Greetings Bright Star. I saw something interesting in my flights, something my mother told me of when I was a hatchling.' He fluffed his feathers before continuing. `There are wolves walking the streets.'

 

Ares laid his ears flat against his skull, a low growl beginning deep in his chest. `So their hunter has come.' He slunk forward, belly fur just brushing the ground as he headed to the spot where Duet had lain. `Shiva, you and Thor should go with Bright Star, the rest of us can cover her scent and lead these wolves awry.'

 

`You'd better warn them Bright Star,' Shiva cautioned Duet.

 

`Wait.' Ma'at finally moved, rubbing her face against Quatre's leg. `Greetings Golden Gift,' she purred. The other ame-neko surrounded him, each giving their welcome.

 

"What is going on?" Quatre looked down, puzzled, unable to move without stepping on an ame-neko. Duet bowed again to Lord Dalibor, who bobbed his head and took to wing, before turning around, an amused expression on her face.

 

"They're giving their greetings; Ma'at just determined what your name is." Duet walked over, extending her hand. "Greetings Golden Gift. My name is Bright Star." Quatre shook her hand, still baffled.

 

"Once we get you to the hotel room, there will be an explanation, right?" Duo pointedly looked at Duet, arms crossed.

 

"Of course. We'd better move through; there are some," she paused, "rather unsavory beings looking for me." Shiva and Thor moved to stand on either side of Duet while the other ame-neko slunk over to the stop she had fallen, rolling all over the spot to cover her scent with theirs. "Um," Duet looked down at her feet, hands fidgeting with the bottom hem of her shirt. "Shiva and Thor will be going with me."

 

Wufei stared at the two ame-neko. "And what are they supposed to do? Help us?"

 

Duet looked over at him. "Well, yes."

 

Wufei snorted. "And just how much help can they be like that?" He gestured towards them. "They can't exactly go into the hotel."

 

Duet looked at him, a slow smile forming. "Really?" she asked, feigning amazement. "Then I guess they'll just have to change, now won't they." Eyes sparkling, her lips quirked into a mischievous smile, one which Wufei had only ever seen on Duo. Wufei stared at her, only to let out a startled gasp; Thor and Shiva were now glowing, so brightly that they hurt the eyes. As the bright light faded, two men were now standing where the ame-neko had been. The one standing to her left had dusky skin, short black hair, golden slit-pupil eyes, a chakra in the middle of his forehead, and was wearing a black, high collared sleeveless shirt, dark blue jeans and sandals. The other had blonde hair cut close to his skull, a faint red tinged beard decorated his chin, blue slit-pupil eyes and was wearing a white, long sleeved t shirt with an embroidered hammer over the heart, faded jeans and hiking boots. Duet's grin widened. "Are they acceptable now?" She looked at the various expressions on everyone and started to giggle.

 

"You didn't warn them, did you Bright Star?" The man standing to Duets left spoke up, his voice faintly musical. Duet broke out into a full bellied laugh, doubling over with mirth. The blond looked down at her, shaking his head.

 

"I believe that would be a no." He looked at Wufei. "Bright Star was supposed to warn you that we would be changing our forms; I'm Thor and this," he gestured to the black haired man, "is Shiva." Thor looked down at Duet again, frowning when he saw that her laughter wasn't letting up anytime soon. Without warning, he grabbed her around the waist, hoisting her over his shoulder. "Please lead the way."

 

Duet started struggling, pounding her fists against Thor's back. "Let me down Thor!"

 

Duo walked over to Heero, draping one arm over a should. "You know," he said, his cobalt blue eyes twinkling, "it's too bad we didn't think of doing that earlier. It'd have saved us a lot of hassle." Sally smothered a chuckle of her own as they walked out of the alley, Duet's protests still singeing the air.

 

-

 

"Well this is interesting." Milliardo read through the information the computer had found. "Seems shortly after he became the leader of the Special Forces, Treize put this standing order out." He handed the printout to Mikael. "This is one order that even I didn't know about."

 

"Could he have somehow known about Bright Star?" Mikael read through the order, one that explicitly stated that any sightings of people displaying above human capabilities were to be reported to Treize immediately and directly, no objections, no delay.

 

"I don't see how." Milliardo stood up, pacing around the living room as he thought. "I mean, it wasn't until you told me that I knew about her. Unless Treize had the same heritage as Relena and myself." He glanced over at his cousin.

 

"Not that I'm aware of. Tyr? Do you know?" Mikael looked over to his bondmate.

 

`No, the human you are discussing does not share the same heritage as Wind Warrior or Serenity Dreamer.' Tyr stretched and jumped up onto Mikael's shoulder. `Tempest Calm, you really ought to ask the Night Walkers about him. Ask the head of the Klamert clan, he should be able to help you.'

 

"Ask the Night Walkers about him?" Mikael looked at Milliardo, eyes widening in surprise. "The Night Walkers have never taken an interest in humans, except as food. What could they have to do with a human that's now dead?"

 

`You are mistaken.' Zephyrus jumped onto Milliardo's shoulder. `That human is not dead.' Milliardo stared at Mikael.

 

"But, that's impossible!" He blurted out. "I saw his suit explode; there was no way he could have survived! How can he still be alive?" Mikael shook his head, bewildered.

 

-

 

Sebastian fell into his favorite chair, exhausted. He had just spent the last several hours in a spell trance. But his efforts were about to pay off; his nephew was now completely healed. /Of course, a Silven would have healed him faster, but they would have asked too many questions./ He ran a hand through his hair, the damp locks falling limply back as his hand passed over them. It had taken a number of years, ones he normally wouldn't have noticed, but in a few hours his nephew would wake up. Sebastian got back up, walking over to where the blüt was stored. Taking a deep drink, he walked over to his library, pausing to look in on his nephew. /Soon, very soon. Then my clan can be reunited and we can stop this charade./ His nephew rolled over, dark blond hair falling over his finally chiseled face.