Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 1 Blood on the Window ❯ Midnight in the House of the Sun ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Midnight in the House of the Sun

People were glaring again as I led my group of friends up to the V.I.P. side of the entrance, handing over the passes and accepting back the necklaces, turning to hand them to Wufei, Trowa, Miguel, Relena, and Heero before putting the last on myself. We ran up the connecting hall as the music pounded around us again, and I noticed that Wufei had hesitated a few stairs down from the door we had been directed to previously.

The bouncer gave us all confused looks, seeing as the rest of them waited for me to catch up, and after catching Wufei's hand, I led us into the room.

It had a luxurious feel to it as I looked around and took note of the bar.

What really caught my attention, however, was the tiers of seating. We were on the highest level now, and there was another lower section-which was the main floor for the people waiting outside. The floor was packed with people, and I was amused to note that the V.I.P. section was a level higher, and even with the stage, though the floor below took out a large chunk of the center.

"Holy shit." Wufei muttered, intertwining his fingers in mine and grinning, "I've been down there before…a lot, but I never got to see up here."

I flashed a grin at him and he was suddenly yanked after Miguel as Heero, Relena, and Trowa started away from us, leading us to the bar.

"We don't have to pay for drinks," Wufei informed me, having freed his hand from Miguel's, "We just order and tip…and since most of the people who come up here are high rollers…" Wufei's eyes moved longingly to the bar, "I'd love to work here."

I spotted Jun across the opening from us, staring at me with eyes of brimstone and fire, "Even with your smooth-talker?" I asked, indicating him with my head.

Wufei saw him, then looked anywhere but at him, clutching tighter at my hand.

"What can I do you for, Lady?" the bartender asked Relena sweetly, then recognition crossed his face and he focused on Wufei, "Holy shit, what are you doing here?"

Wufei smirked at him, "Not working, that's for sure."

The man's eyes landed on our hands and he studied my eyes with extreme interest.

I grinned at him.

"This is Ryan," Wufei informed us all, "Ryan, you know Relena and Heero. Allow me to introduce you to Duo, Trowa, and Miguel." he indicated us in turn.

"Nice to meet you…how the hell did you get in here?" Ryan demanded of Wufei.

"I know some people," I informed him, "They like making me happy."

Ryan blinked at me for a long moment, then smiled at me, "Well, let me join them. What can I get you?"

"Ladies first!" I protested.

He grinned at me, then focused on Relena.

It didn't take too long for us all to be holding large plastic cups and moving down the stairs in a line. It also didn't take Wufei very long to be pressed tightly against my side, forcing me to walk just behind Miguel.

"What are you doing?" Trowa muttered finally, frowning at him.

"Jun is over there watching us." I informed Trowa, staring back at the guy, being sure my face was devoid of expression. I could only just see him over Miguel's shoulder.

When we reached a table…the closest table to the stage on this side of the room, Wufei suddenly shoved me into the stall as Miguel and Trowa slid after us. I was startled when Wufei was suddenly on my lap kissing me.

It was all I could do to not stop him, looking across the open space at Jun, who was still glaring at me, then closed my eyes and tried to detach myself some from the situation.

"Dude, you planning on raping him?" Heero asked in extreme amusement as he looked down at us.

Wufei laughed, coming up for air and studying Heero a long moment-I could tell he was deciding not to say whatever was on his mind, leaning down to nibble at my ear.

Well, I could see what he meant about me enjoying it-if it had been any female it would have been extremely fun.

I imagined a moment that Kayla was on my lap, leaning forward to kiss Wufei's throat, realizing that there was no way in hell I could pretend Wufei was Kayla and deciding to cope. It wasn't as if Wufei was adverse to this in the slightest, after all. Nor did it hurt me. It would piss off the guy who'd attempted to rape him, and it would make Jesse happy. We were in the middle of a club about to hear a concert by Jacob Leigh, and…

"Duo stop," Wufei muttered suddenly, breaking away to stare at me with a heaving chest.

I blinked at him, realizing that I'd really let myself go there for a while.

He blushed and looked away from my eyes, grinning and sliding off my lap.

Heero chuckled, leaning to my ear, "The lord forgives all sin." he reminded me.

I laughed, smacking him slightly as Wufei cuddled against my side and grabbed his drink.

"Your attention, please," a man said, coming out onto the stage.

Cheering started.

"It is our extreme pleasure tonight…to have for your listening pleasure…our favorite second-degree pain, your favorite torture…" the man laughed, "And everyone's favorite money-maker…Jacob Leigh!"

It was as if someone had cranked up the volume, Jacob Leigh himself strode onto the stage with a huge grin, draping an arm over the guy's shoulders, "You know better than that," he muttered, taking the mic from him, "You really do." he had a nondescript accent and bright blue eyes-and suddenly was meeting mine, grinning at me.

I laughed. I hadn't really realized how close to the stage we were.

"I would never, ever," Jacob muttered, walking backwards slowly, "Torture the ladies!"

Female voice after female voice rose to greet this statement as Jacob laughed, "Though a man or two…" again his eyes met mine, "They seem to rather enjoy it."

Wufei was amongst the males cheering for this…and Miguel.

I sniggered, meeting Heero's eyes since Jacob seemed rather interested in me. My friend picked a napkin up after glancing at my throat and pressed it to one side.

I blinked at him, taking it from him and pulling it away…it was bloody.

Heero smirked even more at me.

Music started rolling as the curtain raised, "Now, I hope you're ready for this," Jacob muttered, moving forward again, "Because we're ready to do this thing all…night…long!"
.

For the dancers on the dance floor-there was one below and the edges of both the upper floor sides, Leigh had gone into a slower love song. Heero had long before disappeared with Relena onto the dance floor, and I knew that I should probably get Wufei out there to further our little charade. Wufei, however, had made me stop again, and was sitting next to me without being quite so lovey-dovey this time.

"Let's dance," Miguel muttered to Trowa, tugging at him.

Trowa made a slight face, shaking his head.

"Oh get over it," Miguel muttered, "I know we're just friends and I want to dance."

Trowa gave me a look before following Miguel onto the floor.

"We should probably dance," I informed Wufei.

"If you touch me right now I will hurt you." Wufei replied easily.

"Did I do something?" I demanded, turning to meet his eyes, "You've been annoyed with me for the last ten minutes."

"Do you even realize what you do?" he snapped, glaring at me, "You don't, do you? No wonder Kayla says you're such a good fuck."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Go get me another drink," he ordered, "Then we can dance."

I sighed, sliding out of the booth and starting up the tiers to the bar-and spotted Jun.

I sniggered to myself, leaning against the bar next to him, bouncing to the music.

"You're bleeding." he informed me in his crisp tone.

I turned my head to blink at him, then grinned, "Oh, hi! How are you?" I laughed, grabbing a napkin and pressing it to my throat, "Wufei is a bit…" I smirked at him and let that drop as Ryan came up to me.

"Baron's Blood and…" I considered my knowledge of drinks-which had grown some since joining Wufei in the bar, "I dunno, your favorite." I smiled at the guy.

He flashed me a grin and started pulling out all kinds of alcohol.

I'd fulfilled my promise to Jesse, I could leave Jun with that-but the fact that he'd propositioned Wufei at all pissed me off, and the issue with his gun…

I met his eyes-and he looked away from mine, "You enjoying yourself?" I asked sweetly.

"I've had better nights." he replied.

I smiled at him as the first drink was passed to me, "I don't know, I'm having more fun tonight…" I glanced over my shoulder at Wufei, who was watching me, then at Heero as strobe-lights began flashing and the music became heavier, "I guess if this isn't your type of music, though…" I smiled at Jun as the second glass was passed to me, narrowing my eyes at him to remind him that our story was just a story and I really was not happy with him.

"Good day, Duo…I mean, Tailor."

I smirked at him, "If you know my name, you know my past," I muttered in his ear, "If you know my past, you know my vices. If you know my vices, you know that you'd best leave me the fuck alone."

He pulled away, narrowing his eyes at me, "I haven't messed with you. Not once."

I smiled at him again, "Well, not since we met," I agreed, "But I figure it doesn't harm to warn people."

"You have an unfortunate knack for intimidation," he informed me, studying my eyes seriously, "That leads to serious problems with some people. I do not like being intimidated."

I leaned to his ear again, "And I don't like people who feel that their rank or station means they can force themselves on people, so I think we're about even."

"Hm." this was neither agreement nor disagreement, "But you must admit…he's worth it, eh?" he looked toward Wufei, who was watching Leigh again.

I studied Wufei a long moment, then met Jun's eyes again, "Just watch your ass." I informed him, "I don't really want to kill again, but like I told you before, I'm willing to make that sacrifice."

He nodded cordially at me, "I have no intentions of crossing you or the assassin. I'm fully aware that you are both mad as the March Hare at six-o-clock tea time."

I smiled sweetly at him again, then started down the stairs.

.

Duo was more than impossible. I'd known this for an age, true, but tonight it seemed more prevalent. I hadn't expected him to exuberantly commit to the task we'd agreed to with Jesse, but he was more than willing to keep up the charade all night long. He'd dance too close and go too far, he seemed to know my body in ways that I didn't even know and…

I couldn't let him keep up any of what he was doing, though I wanted to badly enough. If I could have justified it in some way, I would have, but I knew that Duo was not truly interested in me.

I pulled away as he gasped and I tasted blood again, meeting his eyes. He hadn't once told me to stop, and shouldn't that really have been the set up? I was bi, he was straight, he should be telling me no.

"You're quite the vampire." he informed me, smirking and kissing me.

"What?" I asked, sitting back to wipe my lips and seeing blood on my hands.

"I don't mind," he muttered in my ear, shifting us so I was sitting where he had been and starting to work on my throat.

"Duo…" I muttered, wondering if he realized what he was doing, "Come on…just…" I hissed as his teeth sank slightly into my throat.

"So you're going to rape him, now?"

We both turned to look at Heero, who had lifted my cup and was drinking from it as he kneeled at the end of the bench. His eyes were sparkling pleasantly at me.

"You can't rape the willing." I informed him.

His laughter was evil, "You're willing?" he asked in amusement, "I could have sworn saying no meant that you weren't," he smirked, "You realize that he probably hasn't ever been told no before, right?"

Duo laughed, pulling away from me and picking up his glass, drinking deeply from it.

"Come dance, Duo," Relena insisted, tugging at the back of his jeans, "You're putting Wufei through hell, so leave him alone a few minutes and dance with me."

Duo winked at me as he allowed the woman to drag him backwards, then disappeared with her into the crowd.

Heero laughed again, studying my eyes, "You can thank me later."

I watched him disappear before sliding out of the booth myself, taking a deep breath and spotting Miguel, who was dancing with Trowa again. They were both gesturing for me to join them.

.

I was amused to see Duo dancing with Relena, and I could sense something about Wufei that I'd never noticed before as he took over dancing with Miguel. I moved and collapsed onto the bench, taking a deep breath before pulling myself up and starting for the bar for another drink.

I felt horrible now, that Hilde hadn't come, but when I'd told her she may as well go since I didn't have a babysitter, she insisted on taking Alexia for the night. She claimed it could be a girl's sleep over, and in ten minutes time, Alex had been packed. This meant that she wasn't bringing her home until tomorrow some time.

I considered the situation as I waited for that guy…Ryan…to make my drink, digging out a handful of bills without really considering it. My job had been transferred, since all I needed for it was my lap-top and a connection to the network.

The past month had been interesting. I had no issues, because half the time Alexia would crawl into bed with me anyway, but I'd expected Duo to have said something by now. Watching him with Wufei tonight, however, was making me wonder if we all knew something he didn't even know.

Of course, he was normally at Kayla's house until three or four in the morning, so he didn't spend much time in bed with Wufei, did he?

"Ya llege," Duo informed me, smacking me upside the head as Ryan hesitated to give me a drink so I could smack him back, "You havin' fun?" he added.

I grinned at him, "I'm having a blast, actually." I laughed, "You wouldn't think that dancing with a guy would be very entertaining, but Miguel makes it interesting."

"Yeah," he muttered, making a gesture to Ryan, "I know what you mean."

"Do you?" I asked, "You seem to be making the night interesting for Fei."

He flashed me an evil grin, "The lord forgives all sin, no?"

I studied his eyes a long moment, then shook my head.

He laughed again, taking the drink from Ryan and disappearing.

This would seriously be a night to remember.

.

I laughed as Duo started dancing with me, leaning to my ear, "Next time I start going overboard with Wufei, make me stop." he ordered.

"Why? It's so very amusing to see Wufei give in and panic…"

He gave me a look.

"You're not drunk," I noted, "Why aren't you drunk?"

"Because I've only had three drinks tonight." he explained, then thought a moment, "Am I still bleeding?"

"Yeah."

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom and clean that up, all right?"

"No." I muttered, keeping my arms around his waist-amused that he hadn't noticed me rest them there.

"Why not?"

"Because I find blood endlessly amusing, especially if I cause it…" I ran my nails over one of the wounds. They weren't very large, any of the several, but they bled like they were.

He hissed, gritting his teeth, "Sick ass."

I grinned at him, running my thumbnail over one at the center of his throat and watching the blood slowly well up, then start to trail down his skin when he swallowed.

His laughter sounded evil.

I met his eyes again.

He was smirking as he held my eyes, his head tilted back slightly so the blood was very evident under the flashing of the strobe lights, "The lord forgives all sin, Heero," he said, smirking at me, "Why don't you taste it?"

I let go of him and he laughed in a pleased fashion, winking at me in a way that suggested he'd just won something, then disappeared up the stairs.

Trowa was smirking as I noticed him beside me, and when I met his eyes he smiled openly, "One point, Duo."

.

"You're the devil incarnate, come to torture man, aren't you?"

I turned to look at Jun, blinking at him, "Excuse me?"

"You show up one day and take Wufei from me like nothing…and now you're all over him constantly like you're marking your territory…but let me warn you," Jun's eyes were deadly serious as I stood in front of the mirrors in the brightly lit bathroom, blinking at his reflection, "Wufei is not one to be smothered long. He craves air. He's a free spirit. You can't hope to give him the life he deserves, and you'll suffer for it in the end."

I blinked at the guy in disbelief.

"What do you think you can give him?" he added as if this had all been eating at him for some time, "All you have is blood on your hands and lies on your tongue!"

"I can give him love and friendship," I snapped, turning to actually look at him, "And above all, the reassurance that when he says no I will stop!"

Jun shifted away from me like I'd hit him, his eyes narrowing.

"The assurance that time with him is not something to put a price on…the fact that he has pride and it suits him very well! You come in here, preaching at me like some schoolmaster…and you don't even know your subject! Do you have any clue what Wufei's favorite color is? How about his favorite drink? His favorite shirt? Would he like to spend a rainy day curled up in your arms or making love in the shower? Can you tell me any of that? Can you tell me the name of his last boyfriend? His last girlfriend? Do you think she should have left him for kissing another chick under the mistletoe? Do you think he feels bad for it?" I moved to stand in his face again studying his eyes, "Before anything else, Wufei is my friend. Yes. I've lied, but not to him. No, money doesn't grow on trees…but he knows he can rely on me. I'm not just some fair-weather friend. I'm not gonna lose interest because he hasn't learned any new tricks, and I'm certainly not going to go chase down his new boyfriend if he should decide to leave me."

Jun had his jaw clenched as he glared directly into my eyes.

"Is…there a problem?"

I didn't bother looking to Heero when Jun jumped.

"I'm going to wait out here…" Wufei started.

"No, it's fine, Fei," I muttered, meeting his eyes, "Jun was just leaving."

Jun glared at me, then at Heero, then stormed to the door, brushing against Wufei and glaring at him as he left the room.

"You look a little riled." Heero noted, studying my eyes curiously.

I grinned at him.

Wufei frowned at me, "What was that?"

I grinned at him as well, "I've got blood on my hands and lies on my tongue." I explained, "I couldn't possibly give you the life you deserve."

Heero's face split into an evil grin as he looked me over.

Wufei grinned as well, moving past me to the urinals.

"What?" I asked Heero, wanting to know what he had to say.

"Nothing." he muttered, moving past me as well, "I didn't say anything."

"You don't have to, I can see it in your eyes."

He laughed, "Then you shouldn't have to ask me what I mean."

.

"Duo, I am going to kill you in the morning." Wufei informed Duo as Duo sat back, resting his head against the back of the booth and Wufei just leaned against him, running the nails of his left hand over Duo's chest.

"You know, I never realized you were a romantic," Heero muttered to him suddenly.

"What?" Duo asked, turning his head to blink.

"Not you, Wufei."

Wufei blinked up at him, "Huh?"

"You didn't hear half of what Duo had to say to Jun," Heero explained with a smirk, thinking a moment, "You heard the part about him always being your friend…but that wasn't even half of it."

"Heero, spare me that, would you?" Duo asked, raising his head to look at the guy.

"No, I'm curious now." Wufei muttered, "I was gonna let it all slide…but…"

Heero grinned down at him a moment, "Were you just saying shit to shut Jun up, or did you mean what you said?"

"A bit of both." Duo replied, studying Heero a long moment.

"Hm," Heero considered that, sitting back, and looking to the ceiling of the booth.

"What happened?" I asked, blinking at them all.

"Jun accosted me in the bathroom," Duo explained, meeting my eyes, "Told me that I wasn't worthy of Fei."

"But he can buy me," Fei said irritably.

"Or something." Duo agreed.

"And he can intimidate me." Fei added.

Duo didn't comment on that.

"And evidently I'm not worth a true courting."

"That's bull-shit and you know it." I muttered, irritated by the note of truth in his tone-it sounded like he believed it, "If I weren't straight I'd be all over you."

"Hell," Miguel muttered, "Duo was straight before…and he is all over you. And this goes above and beyond his call to duty."

Wufei grinned, nuzzling Duo's chest, "Don't remind him or he'll stop."

Duo chuckled, sitting up, "It's getting late." he noted.

"You D.D.?" Heero asked

"One of'em," Duo agreed, "I may be talented, but I'm not that good."

Heero chuckled and sighed, "I can drive."

"We can't leave yet!" Relena protested, gesturing toward the stage, "He's not even done yet!"

I looked around the V.I.P. area, noticing that there was a noticeably smaller amount of people present.

"It's four in the morning, Relena." Heero said calmly, "I'm getting tired, and if Duo and Wufei carry out this charade any more, they'll end up fucking."

"You have a problem with that?" Relena asked him, her eyes curious.

"I don't." Wufei muttered.

"I'm sleeping on the couch." Duo informed no one in particular.

Heero laughed, pushing Relena off the bench, "I'm sorry to end your fun early, but I'd like to sleep some time tonight."

She sighed, waiting for the rest of us as Miguel slid out. Duo was the last, rubbing his eyes and shaking his head.

"I'm gonna get one for the road," I muttered, moving up the stairs.

"You don't have to sleep on the couch," Wufei muttered to Duo, when I glanced back they were still holding hands, but Duo was shaking his head.

Miguel laughed a naughty sounding laugh, meeting my eyes a moment-and my own mind recognized what Duo was probably doing.

I sniggered.

"What?" Relena asked, blinking up at us.

"Nothing," I muttered, gesturing Miguel to move along quickly, "We'll meet you out at the cars."

Miguel joined me at the bar and I ordered, waiting until my friends were out of hearing range, "Dude, do you like him or what?" I demanded of my brother in law, "Because I think now would be a good time to get laid."

Miguel smacked me upside the head.