Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 1 Blood on the Window ❯ Holiday Bliss ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Holiday Bliss

Duo came up behind Quatre, who'd cornered Jesse, and grabbed his wrist. I wasn't sure what he did, but it got Quatre's instant attention. He flashed Jesse an evil grin before stepping to Quatre-Quatre gave ground immediately, allowing himself to be backed against the wall as he studied Duo's eyes with baited breath.

If I didn't know Quatre so well, I would never have known he was acting.

I knew my jealousy was pointless, useless, and ridiculous, but couldn't help it all the same. Duo'd only been acting for me before Quatre decided Rob was a sado-mas. Not only that, but I was with Miguel-even though he'd stayed home with the girls today.

"Isn't it a bit early to be starting this game?" Duo asked Quatre sweetly, his mouth not even an inch from the blonde's.

"I suppose it is." Quatre muttered, having snapped out of Rob-mode as he hit the wall, "I was just thinking that would be a pleasant start to our day."

"I think Jesse might have issues with it." Duo muttered, moving slightly toward Quatre's ear.

Quatre's eyes were huge.

I snorted slightly.

Duo pulled away from Quatre with a shit-eating grin, "You're more fun to fuck with than Fei."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Fuck you." Quatre snapped, shoving Duo off, "Don't cut me today. I don't care how appropriate for the situation it is. You're just like Heero, you get off on blood…on drawing blood."

"Why, Quatre!" Duo gasped as if scandalized.

Quatre had to give a grudging grin at that.

"But we can practice," I muttered, moving up against Duo's chest and kissing lightly at his throat.

He laughed evilly, pulling back slightly though he had his hands on my waist.

"We could do more than practice," I added, meeting his eyes in a slightly coy fashion, "Miguel's not here."

That brought a naughtier laugh from him.

I grinned, turning in his grip as he wrapped his arms around me and leaned against the wall.

"How do you do that?" Quatre demanded of him, standing a few feet off from us, "I'm not comfortable with a male in my personal space, let alone one I know wouldn't mind fucking me."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Or getting fucked by you? I guess that could change your perspective on it."

Quatre blushed very slightly, giving me a look.

"I guess it might," Duo conceded, running his hand along my pant-line.

I froze, turning my head to look at him.

He sniggered, nibbling at my ear.

"Don't turn me on." I snapped.

He laughed delightedly, his arms moving back to their normal spot, though he still had his mouth at my ear.

Quatre had a skeptical look at this, he was studying Duo.

"You realize he knows you're studying him, right?" I demanded, "That's why he's doing this, and if he turns me on, his ass won't be the only one I kick."

Quatre grinned, meeting my eyes.

You have no idea how frustrating this can be, do you?

"I might do more than kick it, too." I added, "Because I know you don't only play at being turned on when Duo's dominating you."

Quatre's cheeks flushed at that, not quite a blush, "What?"

I laughed, shaking my head.

"You guys are entertaining." Heero informed us from where he was sitting with Trowa, Relena, and Hilde.

"Endlessly." Duo muttered, still at my ear.

"Duo!"

He pulled away from my ear quickly, "Sorry! I forgot."

I snorted.

"Anyway," Duo muttered, focusing on Quatre, "Didn't your dad ever hold you? I could have sworn I saw a picture of him with an arm around you."

"That's not the same," Quatre muttered, looking startled, "I mean…"

"But you can hug us like nothing?" Heero sounded skeptical.

"Well…it's just…"

"I'm bi." I finished for him, "It makes some kind of difference." I studied Quatre's eyes, "Do I make you uncomfortable?" I muttered, pulling away from Duo to move into his personal space, "Do I make you think dirty thoughts?"

He laughed, raising his hands to press at my chest so I didn't get in any further, "I don't think I'll answer that…but that's not my point. You two are always touching…"

"It's like kids," Relena muttered vaguely, "Think how Lea always wants on your lap, or she'll sit next to you…she loves you and wants to be with you all the time."

We'd all focused on her.

"This topic is...not fun." Trowa said loudly, "It's almost Christmas. Let's think of brighter things…like how we get to fuck with Justin in a matter of minutes."

The doorbell rang almost on cue and Jesse disappeared.

Tro's words brought a grin to my face. He had a point.

I blinked in confusion when I felt hands on my hips, turning to look at Duo-who'd moved forward the two steps between us. He pulled slightly, so I moved backwards until he was against the wall again and had his arms around me. I raised my left hand to caress his face-and he nuzzled my hand, then paused.

"Hm?" I muttered, starting to lower my hand.

He grabbed my wrist before I could pull it away, blinking at my…ring.

I realized very suddenly that it was his ring, not my ring…I started to take it off, figuring it was probably time I gave it back to him. I didn't want to, but it was his ring, after all.

I could hear voices in the foyer.

He caught my right hand before I could take it off, kissing both my finger and the ring, folding my fingers into a fist and lowering the hand out of immediate attention.

"I'm so glad you could make it!" Jesse was saying happily as he led Justin and the man Blake into the room with us, "Especially with the fog…."

.

"A very merry un-birthday to me, to me, a very merry un-birthday to you…" Relena was singing the song happily as she set presents under the Christmas tree with Alex and Lea's complete attention. They were scrambling through boxes, not touching anything, but looking at everything…well, they had been until Relena started singing, "Now blow the candles out, my dear, and make your dreams come true…"

"It's snowing," I muttered in sing-song as I stood at the living room window, looking out at the large flakes that had started to drift from the sky.

"Really?" it was Wufei who answered me, though, dashing through the kitchen to jump at my back as he also looked out the window, "It's snowing! Alexia, Marlea! Eda!"

Alex started to giggle as she and Lea both came across the living room, picking up on Wufei's excitement, "You're funny, Uncle." Alex informed him.

"Am I?" Wufei asked her in mock sincerity.

She giggled more.

"Daddy!" Lea shouted up the stairs, moving to the end, "Daddy!"

"What?" Quatre's voice was at the top of the stairs.

"It's snowing, Daddy!" she said, beaming up the stairs, "Are we gonna play in it?"

"Is it?" he asked, starting to hop down the stairs, scooping his girl into his arms as he moved toward the window, "It's about time."

Lea giggled, "Yeah!"

"It's hardly even dusted the ground!" Quatre protested to her, "We have to wait for it to cover the ground. That way we can have a snow-ball fight."

Lea giggled more.

"And make snow men!" Alex added, hopping slightly in her spot.

"And make snow angels," Relena added, moving up behind us.

"But you're already angels," I said seriously to her, giving her a confused look, "If you all made snow angels…I wouldn't know what to do with that many angels."

Alex and Lea started giggling, even Relena smiled in a flattered fashion.

"You'll have to show me how you do that some time," Quatre informed me, "I haven't been able to get a smile out of her since I got here."

Relena laughed, smacking his arm, "You two are impossible!"

"But we love you anyway," Quatre muttered, his eyes sparkling as he studied her.

Relena giggled helplessly-sounding incredibly like my daughter did when she was overcome, then shook her head, starting back to the presents.

"See, you don't need my help," I muttered to Quatre conversationally, "You're very good at it."

I'm still not sure how the pillow missed me.

.

I yawned largely as I moved down the stairs, hearing Relena singing in the kitchen.

Our Christmas tree was sparkling as the lights wrapped around it flashed, the presents under it seemed to be bred of rabbits. The pile had doubled overnight, and I couldn't even begin to say who might have done it.

"Good morning, baby!" Relena said, dancing across the room to throw her arms around my neck and kiss me sweetly as she studied my eyes, "How are you?"

I really loved seeing her this happy, I loved the way she almost seemed to glow-her every movement was liquid joy, and when she spoke to me…her words were for me.

"I love you." I replied.

She beamed at me, throwing her arms around my neck again as I hugged her back.

I smiled, breathing in her scent and wondering again if I really wanted to ask her to marry me. I knew I did…but…

"Christmas agrees with you." she informed me finally, pulling away to kiss me on the lips and move toward the stove again.

I laughed, moving to sit at the table, "I'm happy." I muttered, realizing she'd asked, "I don't have to contend with everyone leaving in a few days time."

She nodded, then stepped to the door, listening a moment, "Who is going to be Santa tomorrow?"

"Whoever put more presents out last night?" I asked, "I didn't even wake up."

"I did that," she muttered, grinning at me, "After you'd fallen asleep."

I laughed, thinking the night over before meeting her eyes and shaking my head, "The one time I woke up, you were right there."

"I know. That was after I'd laid down again…and then you pulled me to you."

"You smell good," I defended myself.

She giggled, smiling at me.

I smiled back, "Did I mention that I loved you?"

"I believe you did," she muttered, considering the matter before crossing back to me and sitting in my lap, clasping her hands behind my neck as she studied my eyes seriously, "But you can say it again, if you want to."

.

I studied Duo's ring-or was it my ring? Duo hadn't said anything to me about it since that little party. When I'd brought it to his attention while we were leaving, he'd ignored the attempt and grabbed my hand.

As far as I could tell, he'd given it to me…but, he hadn't told me it was mine yet.

"What is it with you and that ring, tu?" Miguel muttered, grabbing my wrist, causing me to jump. I hadn't heard him enter the kitchen.

Relena and Heero were sitting on the couch together talking quietly about god-knows what, and had both told me good morning when I'd entered the living room. As far as I could tell, no one else was up. When I'd come downstairs, Miguel had been sleeping in his blankets at the foot of my and Duo's bed. If people got up before he was ready to be awake, he'd do that.

"It's just…" I muttered, studying his hand, "I dunno…if the light hits it right, it catches my attention."

"Oh." he grinned, leaning forward to kiss my cheek, "Are you hungry? I'll make us breakfast."

"Sure." I muttered, drying my hands and wondering if this little lie made me a bad person or something. The ring had been in my possession before Miguel had even come into the picture, so he'd never known where it had originated-sort of like I still didn't know where Duo had gotten it.

And then there was the issue of where I wore it. On my ring finger, on my left hand-like an engagement ring or a wedding ring. That, above all else, was why I didn't want to tell Miguel where the ring had come from. He'd do the math instantly and probably get annoyed. I did, after all, always wear it. Always. I doubted the thing had been off my finger more than once or twice since Duo'd first let me steal it from him.

I sighed, hanging the hand-towel again and moving out of my lover's way, "You okay?" he asked, frowning slightly at me.

"I'm fine." I muttered, shrugging, "Not all the way awake yet."

He smiled at me again, leaning in for a kiss, "Go sit down, I've got this under control."

I nodded, moving to sit at the table.

.

"And a carrot for the nose!" Relena was saying happily to Alex and Lea, shoving a carrot into the front of their snowman's face-the guys were laughing as they targeted each other with snowballs, even going out into the street. Overnight, the snow had fallen so thickly that the roads were impassable. Our neighbors had seen us at playing and scooped any snow they moved into large piles. Duo had taken over the one across the street as a snow fort, so he Miguel and Wufei were targeting Quatre and Trowa.

"I told you," I muttered to the guy on the phone, "It's a holiday. I don't work this holiday."

"I will double the fee," he said almost desperately, "Just…I can't stand Christmas with her!"

I growled slightly, turning my back to the panorama of Christmas cheer in my front yard, "No. I refuse. Get ahold of the lunatic."

"He's already refused." the guy sounded pouty, "How would I get ahold of the Cheshire Cat?"

"He's my partner," I snapped, turning to look at the guy as his stocking-hat fell off behind him from a well-aimed snowball, "He'd probably go after you for asking him to do it on Christmas Eve."

The man sobbed slightly.

"Why don't you try and make up with her? It's Christmas, get her a present. You'd hate yourself if you managed to get us to do it."

"You think I should?" he asked very suddenly, latching on to that.

I rolled my eyes, "I think you should. Apologize for what you did…or tell her you forgive her for what she did, whatever. I don't care. Don't call people around Christmas to kill for you."

He sniffled slightly, "She's been cheating on me."

"That bites," I muttered, getting bored, "So…wait until after new years, then we can talk again."

"You gonna kill her for me?"

"I dunno. You can tell me around the third of January. Hell, you can call the lunatic. I don't care. It's a holiday and my fiancé wants me outside with them…you know, even if I would be willing to do this, I wouldn't be able to get away from here. Have you looked outside?"

The man was silent a long moment before he made a noise of agreement, "It's beautiful."

"So get wrapped up and go on a walk." I ordered him, "I'm hanging up now."

"Merry Christmas."

.

The expression on Heero's face warned us all not to fuck with him yet. He came out of the house, slamming the door behind himself and rolling his eyes when Relena gave him a confused look.

"Tio!" Alex called happily, running across the snow to pull at his arm, "Come look at our snow-man, Uncle!"

It amused me, how much of the Spanish had dropped from Alexia's speech, though some words seemed ingrained deeper beyond anything. Miguel would speak to her in plain Spanish, just to keep her into the language.

"All right," Heero conceded, allowing himself to be led to Relena's side before admiring the lop-sided thing and grinning, "It's wonderful." he told my daughter, "I love it."

Alex giggled, "I made the big bottom part!"

"I helped!" Lea protested.

I grinned at Duo-and promptly ducked. As soon as I'd met his eyes, he'd lobbed a snow-ball at me, I grabbed another and threw one back at him, which got Wufei's attention on us again.

I didn't have time for contemplation after that. My brethren all had ridiculously good aim.

.

I blew on my hands as I watched Duo bouncing from cupboard to stove. After a hard day of playing in the snow, my hands were decidedly frozen. Not only that but my legs were beginning to itch and tingle.

Lea came into the kitchen, wrapped in her pajamas and her bath-robe. Her hair was up in a towel, and she was smiling at me, "Hi, Papa." she muttered, leaning against one of my legs.

"Hi, angel." I returned, leaning down to kiss her cheek.

She squealed, "You're cold!"

I laughed at her, "I just came inside! Silly-goose."

She giggled, raising one of her tiny warm hands to grab mine, her eyes wide as she ran her tiny hands over my skin, "You're really really cold, Daddy." she said seriously, "You should go take a shower. That's what Relena had me and Alex do."

"I'll be fine." I reassured her, rubbing my hands together, "Uncle's making cocoa." I added, indicating Duo.

"'kay," she muttered, looking to him a moment before focusing on my leg and running her hand over that, "You're cold all over, Daddy." her eyes were concerned.

"I'm fine." I reassured her, "I was just outside for hours and hours."

She smiled slightly at me, then squatted at my feet, starting to untie my shoe.

"Angel, let me…" I muttered, pulling it away. My shoes were wet and dirty, and the laces were covered with ice.

"Daddy, you need to go put warm clothes on." she informed me, standing up again and looking at her fingers with a frown.

"Go in the bathroom and wash your hands." I instructed, using one shoe to shove the other off, "And then I'll go change."

"All right." she disappeared.

I smiled, looking to Duo.

He smiled back at me.

"When are you going to have kids?" I demanded of him, prying the other shoe off, "You'd be an excellent father."

"I don't know yet." he returned, focusing back on the hot-chocolate, "I'll have to see when Kayla wants to. She's not even twenty-one yet, you know?"

"True." I muttered, grinning slightly at that. I had a feeling he didn't realize what he'd said, and that the fact that I was seventeen when I became a father seemed to have completely slipped his mind.

"Where are you going?" he asked, startled when I stood.

Marlea was waiting for me at the kitchen door.

He noticed her, then met my eyes again, startled.

I gave him a look, "I'll be down in a few minutes."

.

I shrugged, "I don't know. He said his girl was cheating on him and wanted us to take her out."

"We aren't going to, are we?" Duo asked me, his eyes vaguely perturbed.

"How long ago did I get the call?" I returned, giving him a look, "And how long does it normally take for me to respond to these things?"

He nodded, focusing on the box he was wrapping again.

"When is Relena gonna start dinner?" Wufei asked, he'd been curled in a ball on the upper half of his side of the bed since I moved into the room.

"Probably around…two." I muttered, thinking over the way she'd done it in the past. "Of course, if you guys are going to be helping again…" I left it hanging, wondering if they'd call me for not helping.

I wasn't one to cook, it was that simple.

"Yeah, it should take an hour off…so maybe around three." Duo muttered, lifting the tape-dispenser and extending it toward me since he was holding paper down with his other hand.

"I'll ask her tonight," I muttered, ripping a piece off for him, "I'll tell you in the morning, since she's been sleeping in."

"Tomorrow is Christmas day, Heero." Wufei muttered, pushing himself up by the arms, "We won't sleep a moment past when one of the girls get up."

Miguel was yawning as she shoved the door to the room open, looking at the three of us as he tossed his blankets and pillow on the floor, shutting the door.

"Who is sleeping where?" I asked, looking to Duo.

Duo paused in his taping only briefly-enough so that I didn't think Fei even noticed, shrugging without meeting my eyes.

I smirked at him, "Let's think about this." I muttered quietly in Japanese, using uncommon words that I doubted Wufei would know, hoping Duo did know them, "You're going to split up a guy and his boyfriend because…you want the bed? You're aware that it seems like you're jealous?"

Duo actually paused in his work, mouthing some of the words I'd said and mouthing more. I couldn't quite read his lips, so I figured he wasn't forming the words properly. He finally looked up at me, "Say that again?"

"I don't think he needs to." Wufei said evenly, narrowing his eyes at me, "He doesn't want me to know what he just said."

I winked at Wufei.

"You're a considerable pain in the ass, Mr. Yuy." Miguel muttered.

"Shh! You said you wouldn't tell him!" I snapped at the guy.

His expression remained uncomprehending for a matter of moments before a look of shock and disbelief took its place, "Heero!" he shouted at me.

"Oh…you weren't…telling…" I muttered as if I was realizing what he'd said.

"You let Heero fuck you?" Wufei demanded of the guy-and I had to wonder if Miguel realized that Wufei knew better.

"No!" Miguel protested instantly, and when I met his eyes he was blushing furiously, staring at me in something like horror.

"You did so! I can tell you did!" Wufei snapped, though it sounded more openly amused, "Why else would he say it?"

Miguel looked between us helplessly, meeting Wufei's eyes and shaking his head, "I didn't…I wouldn't…I…Heero!"

I gave him a mock-scared look.

Wufei cracked. He leaned forward as he started laughing.

Miguel blinked at him, then focused on me again, his expression changing slowly toward irritation.

Duo suddenly focused on me, "Netama…" he started, his mind suddenly clicking in on it, "I'm not jealous!" he snapped at me.

We all blinked at him.

Duo blinked back a moment before meeting my eyes, "It's not like I don't have Kay. You and Relena don't even hold a candle to us."

I smirked at him.

"What did you say?" Wufei asked, focusing back on me.

I grinned even more as I studied his eyes, then winked, moving off the bed and stretching languidly, "I didn't want you to understand me, Wufei." I grinned at him, "Why would I tell you now?"