Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 1 Blood on the Window ❯ Name Games ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Name Games

I closed my eyes as the warm spatters of blood sprayed across my face, grinning slightly. Sometimes it disturbed me how these little details pleased me. Sometimes I didn't care, and at the moment, I was focused on the blood on Duo's face. He grinned evilly at me, moving around me and grabbing a paper towel, wiping his face before coming up to me. When I moved to take it from him, he gave me a reprimanding look, avoiding my hand.

I grinned at him as he carefully cleaned the blood off my face, "So what do you think?" he asked, wadding that up and tucking it into his pocket.

"About what?" I asked, gathering my casing and the bullet itself, which was mushroomed against the wall.

"About Quatre and his little friend." Duo replied, watching me pocket those and pull out my handful of ones.

"I don't know yet," I returned, smiling at him, "I really like him."

"He's…interesting." Duo agreed, smirking at me.

I studied his eyes a long moment, "You have more than a passing interest, so why don't you tell me what you think?"

"Because that'd likely get me in trouble," he replied, chuckling evilly as he started for the door, cracking it very slightly and looking around outside.

"I think saying that by itself got you in trouble." I returned, looking around the room to make sure we hadn't left any serious evidence.

"I think that your telling someone I said it will get you into trouble." he replied, smiling easily as he started into the hall.

I shut the door behind myself, following him silently as I thought that over.

"Kayla was irritated with me." he added, "When I answered the phone."

"Who else would be calling you at this time of night?" I demanded, looking to my watch. It was four o'clock in the fucking morning.

"Wufei…Miguel, Jesse…Quatre…Relena every now and again. The only one of you lot who actually cares about the time is Trowa, and that's more because I think he and Hilde fuck all night."

I laughed at that, startled.

"Don't they call you?"

I shrugged, "Not after midnight. It's just as well, Relena and I have been fucking all night lately."

He laughed at that, "It doesn't seem like it'd be as much fun without people there to hear it."

"While I can't deny that making you jackasses listen to us is fun, there's more to it than annoying my brethren."

"You use a condom?"

I blinked at him, taken aback.

"Seriously, have you stopped using condoms yet?" he studied my eyes a moment, "Is she on the pill?"

"She has been for a while now." I muttered, frowning slightly, "Why?"

"I got the serious impression that Relena wants to get pregnant, buddy." he replied, his eyes shining, "Which says to me that if you're not ready to be a father, then you'd better start taking your own precautions."

I smirked at him.

He shrugged, sliding into the car, "So…now where?"

"Back to Wufei's?" I suggested, "Hang out a bit?"

"Nah…I'll just get my car and head home."

"She's not trying to cut you off from us, is she?" I demanded, suddenly wondering how possessive and controlling Kayla was. Our relationship had been something else entirely, so we hadn't gotten down to the nitty-gritty.

"No. I'm tired." he explained, shrugging, "And we were in the middle of fucking when you called."

I started laughing, not able to meet his eyes.

"I'm sure you understand," he added.

"I do." I agreed, grinning at him, "I won't take my time, now."

He grinned at me.

.

I frowned as I moved back toward Kayla. I'd been getting a drink and when I'd turned around, I'd seen the man had pinned my girl against a wall. Kayla looked upset, but not scared. She kept shaking her head no.

"Who is that man, Duo?" Jacob asked me, sliding up beside me, "Kayla keeps telling him to leave her alone."

"I have no idea." I said darkly, narrowing my eyes.

Jacob laughed slightly, not enough to catch my attention, though, "He seems to know her. Are you sure your little princess is what she seems?"

I gave him a look before speeding up and resting a hand on the guy's shoulder, "Hey, Buddy, leave my girl alone."

Kayla's eyes registered fear very suddenly.

I narrowed my eyes at the man when he looked at me.

"Can't you see the lady's not interested?" I demanded, shoving back at his arm, "Who the hell are you?"

"Donovan Charles." he informed me coldly.

My blood turned to ice as I looked straight into the face of the leader of Gray Day-I couldn't help but grin.

"What's going on?" Jesse asked, moving up behind me, "Donovan, what's the problem?"

Donovan met his eyes, "This peon thinks he's tough."

I reached for my knife, but Jesse had his hand on my wrist in an instant.

Donovan blinked at me.

"This peon," Jacob purred, "Should kick your ass."

Quatre moved up to us then, his expression curious, "What's going on?"

"This bastard cornered Kayla," I replied without looking at the blond, "And now wants me to slit his fucking throat."

"Ooh, are you gonna fight?" Quatre seemed a bit too eager.

"I think it'd be considered murder." I replied.

"You will not." Jesse said sharply, keeping his grip on my wrist, "Donovan, get out of here. Don't fuck with my people."

"I'm not your people," I replied easily, "And I'm not too horribly worried about Gray Day losing face…or leadership."

Donovan straightened.

Jesse sighed, letting me go and stepping back.

"What's up? I can feel the electricity," Heero muttered, coming up behind Quatre with a grin.

Donovan met his eyes and froze.

Heero smirked at him, "What did you do? Kayla left you, stay out of her face. Do you want the Cheshire Cat to go psycho on your ass?"

I laughed.

Donovan suddenly focused on me and stepped back.

I licked my lips as I studied his eyes, then offered him my glass.

He fled.

"Clean cup, move down!" Heero started laughing.

"You guys," Jesse muttered seriously, "Don't fuck with him, okay? I haven't got any agreements with him. I can't keep you safe if he decides to come after you."

"He wouldn't dare," Heero muttered dismissively, "He tried to get me to do a job for him a couple years ago and I refused, so he sent someone after me." Heero's grin flashed evilly in the strobe-lights, "He's scared of me now."

"Everyone in their right mind is scared of you, Tony." Jesse muttered dryly.

"What did you do?" Jacob asked completely focused on the guy.

"I taught him a lesson." Heero returned, meeting his eyes, "And before you start getting any fantastic ides, it wasn't anything to get excited over. There was a knife and a lot of blood."

Jacob's eyes flashed.

Heero leaned in to his ear, his eyes almost smoldering, "And a lot of pain."

Jacob hiccupped out something like a giggle.

"Are you all right?" I demanded of Kayla, suddenly realizing what had started the entire issue, meeting her eyes.

"I'm fine." she muttered, clinging to me and burying her face in my throat.

"What did Heero mean, you left him?" I added, frowning at her after a second.

She shook her head, not meeting my eyes.

"She was with him before she met me." Heero replied carefully, sidestepping whatever followed her meeting him, "Before we stopped…being…friends," he added, searching carefully for his words, "She left him out-right."

"Was he threatening you?" I demanded, thinking of her expression.

Kayla didn't say anything, just clung more to me.

That was answer enough.

"Jesse," I muttered, turning my head to look at him, "You may want to warn him. The next time I see him, it's off with his head."

Jesse shook his head, looking away from me as Jacob focused on him.

"Come on, baby-girl," Heero added, tugging Kayla away from me, "I want to dance, and if we're all over you all night, he'll get the hint that he can't fuck with you anymore." he flashed me an evil grin, "Besides, I want to dance."

.

I watched Heero as he muttered into Jacob's ear, wondering what he kept saying to the guy. It was very obvious that Heero was playing off our new little friend, and just as obvious that whatever Heero was saying was turning Jacob on. His blue eyes would get wide sometimes, as if he were a child hearing something he'd never imagined. Quite frequently, he'd raise both his hands to Heero's biceps and just hold on to him as if for support.

Jacob had come as something of a shock to me. Quatre had told us about him before, but I'd always figured Quatre was playing up his friends. The fact that he'd downplayed Jacob startled me.

Jacob was suddenly meeting my eyes, a slow smile spreading across his face.

Heero pulled away from him, taking a drink of his glass and winking at me before standing and starting away. Jacob watched him go before meeting my eyes, "He's fuckin' evil."

"He prides himself." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"So he knows he's turning me on?" Jacob was sincerely curious.

"He's more than aware of the fact." I replied, wondering how the guy kissed.

Jacob smirked slightly, his eyes moving past me, then he sighed, "He's engaged, though."

"Also straight." I muttered, "Believe me, I know."

He laughed at that, tilting his head at me, "Did he do this stuff to you?"

"He does other things," I replied, still studying the guy, "Or so I'm assuming. What's he keep telling you?"

Jacob ran one hand down his face as he thought about that, then met my eyes, "I think he makes half of it up."

"Depends on the subject matter."

Jacob laughed that breathless laugh again, "What he can do to me."

"There's an entire spectrum of topics that he can cover there," I returned.

He looked away from my eyes, "He's strong."

"He is." I agreed, wondering what Heero was saying. The guy was obvious very taken with the idea.

Jacob shook his head suddenly, his eyes flashing evilly a moment, "I think he's saying it just for me, so I'll keep it to myself."

I laughed, wondering if Heero would tell me what he was saying.

"Dude," Quatre came up behind the guy, wrapping his hands around his neck, "Jun is here."

I froze.

"What?" Jacob asked, looking up to Quatre.

Quatre was studying me, "He just came into the room, he hasn't seen you yet."

"Where's Duo?" I demanded, rising slightly to look around.

"He took Kayla home a bit ago," Quatre muttered, looking worried, "Scootch over to the corner," he added, gesturing at me and frowning before looking to Jacob, "Come with me."

I watched the pair of them go, wishing that Miguel weren't out dancing…hell, that one of them could sit with me. I felt very naked at the table alone.

Suddenly Heero was there, his phone to his ear, "Where are you? Jun is here. I'm with Fei. We're at the table."

Relief flashed through me.

Heero laughed evilly, "Quatre took Jacob to go play…if you want to see what happens, I suggest you hurry up." he hung up, focusing up the stairs behind me, "I can't wait to see what Jacob thinks of Rob."

.

I moved up behind Jun with Jacob behind me, running my hands down his sides as I studied his ass.

"Rob!" Jun squawked, jumping off the stool he'd been sitting on, "What are you doing here? I thought you left?"

"I moved back." I replied, studying his eyes with a smile as I licked my lips.

Jacob was staring at me now.

"I'd like you to meet my…friend," I met Jacob's eyes, smirking slightly, "Steve."

Jacob smiled at the guy-I'd had the time to brief him on what the syndicates knew of us and what they didn't, and we'd come up with a pseudonym for him as well. He hadn't believed anyone when they told him how Rob acted, so this would be amusing to see what he thought.

"Hi." Jacob muttered, running a hand down Jun's face and hissing slightly, meeting my eyes, "He'd be fun."

That was completely Jacob. He was not acting.

"I know." I agreed, smirking slightly, "He refuses to play, though." I pouted at the guy, moving closer and touching his arm, "How about tonight? Are you busy?"

"Yes." Jun gasped out, his eyes huge as they flickered between us.

"We can play right here," Jacob muttered to me, moving in as well.

Jun's hand went to his hip, "I'm armed, gentlemen." he muttered, looking from one of us to the other, "And the leader of a syndicate. If you insist on this, I'll have to kill you."

"You're joking, aren't you?" I asked sweetly, meeting his eyes, "I'm best friends with the assassin and make love to the Cheshire Cat, if you even look at me wrong, then you're dead."

Jun was staring at me now, "All the same…"

It occurred to me suddenly that Jacob had not known Heero was an assassin.

"You never learn, do you?" Duo purred, moving up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, "You can't force yourself on someone."

"I can't," I agreed, pressing back into him and wondering when he'd gotten in, "But we can." I flashed a grin at Jacob.

Jacob was studying Duo and I with slightly shocked eyes.

"Can't we?" I muttered, reaching across to pull my hand down his face. I hadn't ever thought that Jacob wouldn't know how to pretend he wasn't shocked at something. The fact that he may not be able to keep up my charade had never crossed my mind.

"We can," he muttered, catching on suddenly and nuzzling my hand, "We will."

"Mr. Johnson," Jun said coldly-his voice didn't mask his fear, though, "I suggest you control your priests."

"Why should I bother?" Duo asked sweetly, "It's not my fault you caught their attention."

"Priests?" I asked, pulling away from Duo to study Jun's face again.

"I don't know if you're aware," Jun said stiffly to me, "But Mr. Johnson here is the notorious Gundam Pilot, Duo Maxwell-also known as Shinigami. The god of death."

I giggled at him, which startled even me.

"I suppose I may as well control them." Duo said thoughtfully, then grabbed my chin and forced me to meet his eyes, "Do not rape Mr. Martin."

I pouted at him, "But…"

"No."

I pouted even more, looking away from him like any sulky lover might, submitting to the dominant partner.

"And you," Duo purred, moving away from me to pin Jacob to the bar-Jacob was staring at him, obviously expectant, "I want you to behave yourself," Duo purred, kissing at Jacob's ear, "All right?" Jacob didn't respond, so Duo grabbed the fly of his jeans, pulling him against himself, "All right?" that was more dangerous.

Jacob let out a gasp, "All right," he conceded, breathless and staring at Duo's lips. I had to feel sorry for him. He was genuinely turned on by this action whereas I was only acting.

A smile-a genuine smile, flickered across Duo's lips and he kissed Jacob carefully, meeting his eyes as he pulled away before meeting eyes with Jun again, "It just occurred to me that I should warn you of something." he noted.

"And what would that be?" Jun asked, trying to remain confident.

"If one more shot is directed at Wufei, I won't rest until you're dead in a back alley."

"Like Trevor Tellan?" Jun asked, a smirk flitting across his face.

"Not exactly," Duo muttered, moving up to be in Jun's face, "You'll be missing body parts…and no one will figure it was just for your money."

Jun looked away from his eyes.

Duo pulled back, looking from me to Jacob and nodding slightly, moving away from us.

I smiled sweetly at Jun when he also looked to us, "Now, where were we?"

.

"I'm going to kill you, Quatre." Jacob muttered to the guy, rocking back and forth in his seat with his hands pressed between his legs.

Quatre laughed, "I told you I did that shit to the guy."

"You both are fuckin' bastards." he added.

"I am so glad it's not that easy to turn me on," I noted, not really realizing I said it out loud.

"You're the fuckin' devil." Jacob pouted.

"Come to torment man," I agreed, grinning at him through the mirror.

He laughed, giving me a look, "You realize I'm serious, don't you?" he appealed, sitting forward between the seats to study my face, "I'm yours?"

"I'm sorry, Jacob." I muttered, glancing at him, "I really am."

He sighed, resting his head against Quatre's seat before studying Quatre a moment, "Lea's staying over at Trowa's, right?"

"She is." Quatre agreed, looking curiously to the guy a moment. When Jacob didn't say anything more, Quatre actually thought about what that meant, starting to blush, "Jacob!"

Jacob laughed delightedly, sitting back in the seat.

"You need to look into some constructive seduction." I noted.

"Everything is constructive with you," Quatre muttered, "The only time it's ever really seemed to fit was when it's constructive sin."

I laughed even more at that, meeting Quatre's eyes and flashing my eyes toward Jacob without letting the guy see, "The lord forgives all sin."

"Duo!"

.

I watched Quatre curiously as he came into my house and his daughter instantly pounced on him. Trowa had brought both Alex and Lea over before he went to work since Hilde also worked. Not long after he'd left, Duo had shown up and told me that Jacob had seemed sincerely interested in seducing Quatre. Duo was no in the kitchen, getting the girls drinks since I'd bought a wading pool for them and set it up out back. The late June weather was getting remarkably hot.

"What?" Quatre asked me, instantly noticing my study as Jacob moved in behind him. Neither had any identifiable marks, but they were both extremely relaxed.

"Hey, Heero." Jacob muttered, looking around.

"Duo's in the kitchen." I explained.

"Ah." Jacob disappeared.

I smirked at Quatre.

Quatre narrowed his eyes at me.

I sniggered, "How are you?" I shut the door.

"I'm fine." Quatre replied easily, tucking his keys into his pockets, "Have the girls been good?"

"They're angels." I returned, studying the way he walked. I really wanted to know if he'd fucked Jacob or not, damn it.

He turned to look at me again, his eyes disbelieving, "You don't honestly think…"

I laughed.

"Heero!"

Duo was starting to laugh now.

Quatre stormed into the kitchen, giving Duo something of a death-glare.

Jacob was smiling at me as I moved into the room, looking almost coy. The guy was too fuckin' fun, really.

"I'm going to barbeque tonight," I added, "I got the girls a pool, so if you have anything you need to do you can leave them here."

"Are you trying to steal my daughter from me?" Quatre asked skeptically.

"You have no idea how much I miss having a little girl underfoot!" I protested, "For almost a year Alex lived here, and then suddenly she's gone! I miss them."

He smiled at me, nodding, "I can understand that."

"Didn't you say Tim was coming this weekend?" Duo asked curiously.

"Yeah, he'll be here in a few hours." Quatre muttered, waving a dismissive hand.

"Where's Kayla?" Jacob asked, his eyes intently on Duo.

"At her parents' place." Duo replied, blinking and looking to his watch, "Well, in an hour or so."

"Oh…" Jacob tilted his head at Duo, his eyes considerate.

"Don't make me fuck with you," Duo warned him, "I can really make your life hell if I want to."

Jacob sniggered, moving to the fridge and pulling out a drink, "I'll go watch the girls."

"All right." Quatre watched him leave before turning and starting to beat on Duo.

Duo died laughing, defending himself only marginally.

"What, now?" I asked, blinking at the pair of them.

"Before Duo left our place," Quatre muttered in a slightly pouty tone, "He cornered Jacob and got him all fired up again. Do you realize how cruel that is?" he demanded of Duo, "Anyway, Jacob was following me around begging me all night."

I smirked at him.

"It's not funny." he snapped, "And it's not fair. What right do you lot have to fuck with his affections?"

That sobered Duo, though I still thought the situation was hilarious, "So," I muttered, "Did you give in?"

Quatre's eyes narrowed at me.

Duo sniggered, "I suggest you run, Heero…far and fast."