Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Days of Drabble ❯ Day 22: Pop Goes the Relena ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I tried to avoid the cliché and not go with what I went with for this prompt, but the idea was so fixed in my brain that I couldn't think of anything else. The characters are Relena and Duo again. I can't help it! They play together so nicely. ^_^ [Rules for this challenge are in chapter one.]


Day: 22
Date: March 3, 2010
Prompt: eructation /ih-ruhk-TAY-shuhn/, noun; The act of belching; a belch.
Fandom: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Characters: Relena & Duo
Disclaimer: Bandai, Sotsu and Sunrise own Gundam Wing. I just use the characters for my own amusement and with any luck at all, your amusement as well.


Pop Goes the Relena

The belch was so loud it reverberated off the tiled wall of the small kitchen. The young girl seated at the table quickly mumbled an apology and then slapped both hands over her mouth in an attempt to prevent another of the foul things from escaping. The hands did nothing to hide the blush spreading from her cheeks all the way down to her neck. She knew she shouldn't have consumed the entire bottle but it was so sweet and fizzy and just plain fun that she couldn't help herself after the first sip.

"Nice," complimented the boy sitting directly across the table from her just before he chugged the last of his own soft drink and then proceeded to produce an emission nearly as loud. His had a foamy-bubbly quality to it that softened the harshness of the sound. "So, I take it, you like?"

Aside from the innate wrongness of the grammar in that question, Relena wasn't sure if he was asking about the drink or about his own contribution. She wasn't even sure if he was being serious or not. Chances were he was messing with her. She was not inclined to play his game so she "assumed" the question referred to the soda. "Yes, it was quite nice. Thank you."

He clearly didn't buy her act as he grinned knowingly and then handed her another bottle. "Now, let's see if we can improve that technique. The first rule of a good belch is not to apologize."

- End -