Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Cat's Life ❯ The Handicapped Match ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
AN: I didn't mean sex for this chapter. Just a lot of BLOODY ACTION. Ahahaha. Fun, fun. I hope you like it. If you do, say so! I love to make people happy!

Seer Vixion: A spear? I'd rather he have a gun. But don't worry, he'll learn to fight like the rest soon enough. Trowa's not vicious either! He's just misunderstood. XD Thanks for reviewing, haha.

miku: Oh, you're welcome. That's what reviewing does to you. :D But isn't it common for anime people to bite their lip until blood runs? XD Thanks for reviewing.

Admiral ShadowWolf: I hope I made the fight good enough. I try my hardest. And this chapter I just loved the fighting. It really all just came to me. And, oh, I forgot there are other writers besides me. I sometimes have this complex, it's stupid. I know you're there even if you miss several chapters. And thanks for reminding me and taking your time to read and review.



The Handicapped Match



In the center of the caged arena was the short stocky man as the announcer.

"INTRODUCING! DUKE TREIZE KUSHRENADA! OUR CHAMPION!" the man shouted, and before his echoes could even reach the people, the audience had erupted into a grand clamor of excitement, shaking the cage, clapping their hands, and yelling as loud as they could. Some threw flowers at Treize and his slaves. There were even a few who yelled out the pets names as well, the most popular being Milliardo then Catherine, who waved and blew kisses excitedly.

There were people on either side of the entrance, occluded by caged walls. Some pointed questionably at Quatre, unsure of who he was and how he got there, but the rumor spread that he was the last child of the Winner family, and then they yelled out his name too.

"Isn't this exciting?" Dorothy whispered, holding his clammy hand. "You should save your anxiety for the match. Look at how big Jellyroll is over there!"

Quatre was looking at how big Harry "Steamroller" Jacobs was. Obviously, he had a bit of the mountain giants in him, every limb that could hold at least two of his master. He carried a gigantic axe over his back and was armored from head to toe in thick silver steel. His henchmen were at least Treize's size and they all had similarly large weapons as their leader, mostly guns.

"Hilde, babe, we got them, don't we?" Duo smirked, twirling his Uzi.

"Damn, straight, they won't know what hit 'em."

"I'm chopping the chains," Milliardo said softly.

"Barton," Wufei barked, "What're you doing?"

Unfazed, Trowa said, "I'm going for his eyes."

Though Quatre thought that utter foolishness, he saw that the others were unpreturbed towards what he said. Trowa had no special ability other than his race, and Quatre hoped that was enough. Wufei then said he was going for the armor, but all he had was a weak-looking falchion with intricate inscribed golden designs.

They were chaining Treize to the wall now, and the crowd booed and called imprecations. One side of the cage was them, and the other, half the thirty-foot-long wall taken up by Steamroller, was their opponents. On all the walls hung weapons of various sizes, some still, much to Quatre's sensitivity, covered in dried blood and pieces of human flesh.

The announcer hurried out the cage via one small door opposite the ones the opponents came through. Treize couldn't move in his heavily secured iron chains, and it was almost time for battle. Quatre wanted to throw up, but he only sweated nervously. All Harry had to do was have a well-aimed swing and they would be sliced neatly into pieces. He was so nervous that he didn't know the match had started until Milliardo pulled him and Relena besides Treize. Even tied up, Treize began to instruct them.

"They're after anyone who doesn't fight, Quatre, so if he see one of them aim at you, and they have a clear shot, move, just move as much as possible."

"Why don't they aim for you?"

"Then the match will be over. Not only that, many of these people are my fans. My opponents don't like to disappoint my fans."

"YOU BETTER NOT HURT MY TREIZE! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!" cried one said fan.

Treize nodded, smiling. "My point exactly. Right now, they're too busy with the others."

"It seems they're having trouble," Milliardo murmured, hacking away at Treize's chains. They gave way a chip at a time, but his sword was going through. If he continued for just a quarter of an hour more, he would free Treize.

And it seemed like the time was needed. With the crowd cheering in the background, Trowa and Wufei easily leaped and soared as if birds. As Harry swung his axe frustratedly, one or the other would land on the handle of the axe and make for his face. However, one of the henchmen would have the fortunate eye to see them and begin shooting.

Hilde and Duo's plan to shoot their counterpart shooters wasn't going to well. The other men had the tendency to settle close to Harry's armor, off which the bullets would richochet into the walls.

"AGGGGGH!!! FUCK, FUCK! WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU SHOOTING AT THE GIRL?!" said Harry stentoriously. Catherine had managed to throw a dagger straight into his left eye, after fifteen tries. Now she was the shooters' cynosure, and one managed to blast her through the thigh. Trowa jumped from the cage wall, where he was preparing to leap onto Harry's shoulders, and landed gracefully- Quatre noted- on all fours next to Catherine. He threw her on his back and was running like a jungle cat to their side of the cage, their side. There Sally immediately removed the bullets with a long clean knife, which gave Catherine reason to scream, and Sally began healing her.

But now Trowa's jump was ruined, and the shooters, whose aim, as one may have noticed, were atrocious. Still, they kept the pack away so easily it was unrealistic. Between Harry's axe, and their half-circle formation, no one could get close.

"Come to my blind side, come to my blind side," Harry was saying as he moved forward. "I'm kill all you little bitches. Except three of course." The part-giant looked up, and the rest of them followed his eyes to see Theodore watching in rapt attention.

"I want the cat-demon, Harry! Keep him alive! And Milliardo! He's going to be my number one love slave!" Theodore called maliciously.

"The hell I will," Milliardo seethed, breathing harshly with his efforts. "Keep them back. Good gods! Keep them back!"

Quatre had the sudden notion that he couldn't stand there doing nothing, but he couldn't figure out what to do. Relena braided her hair nervously, backing herself to the cage. She then suddenly grabbed an hatchet and began to help Milliardo set Treize free. Her swings came clumsily and dangerous, but she and Milliardo were too nervous about Harry's proximity to care. Treize didn't seem to mind either, impatiently moving and jiggling his chains whenever he could.

Then Quatre had a plan. He noticed that whenever one his slavemates began their almost-flying jumps, they immediately became the center of the shooters' attention, or if they climbed the gate. They shot from between Harry's steel legs and around his hips like he was nothing but a stone wall.

The blonde pulled Trowa from his futile dodging and told him his plan. At first, Trowa simply said, "No," then with Quatre's insistence finally nodded.

"Don't get killed."

Quatre nodded, then began climbing the gate as quickly as he could. Trowa ran to Duo and Hilde to tell them their part, then to Dorothy, then to Wufei. Une wasn't in the match. She wasn't exactly a pet by society's standard, but a mistress, and she yelled to Quatre from just outside the gates in the stands, "Get down this instant! If you die, three more will have to leave! Get down, Quatre!"

But he ignored her, nearly pissing himself as bullets bounced happily near his clinging fingers or past the hairs in his head. One slightly grazed his arm, and he slipped down three feet, but still he maneuvered around the weapons and continued upwards, further and further from the pathetic group of Harry's shooters.

The crowd erupted into ecstatic cheers. One of the shooters were taken down by Wufei's fiery breath, literally. Quatre had turned around to see the giant burst of flame pour from his lips, his sword shining red and gold, which sliced through the man, who had strayed too far from Harry's side to get a better shot at Quatre. Wufei quickly retreated when they began firing at him. Quatre kept going

More congratulatory applauding came as Trowa leaped on the other side of Harry and ripped another man's throat clean from his neck, blood squirting onto his torso and face. His bloody body rolled away with the gun, shooting haphazardly at a heavily armored opponent, but luckily shot at the exposed and unprotected groin, making that man double over in excruciating pain.

Harry, desperate, began swinging his ax willy-nilly, but he was slow and hadn't realized what was going on. Still the two dimwitted sidekicks left aimed and shot at the innocent Quatre as if he was the one attacking them.

Catherine, back on her feet, and Dorothy, Hilde, and Duo were now behind Harry's group. Having had slid past them while they focused on Quatre, Wufei, and Trowa, they easily took out the rest of the smaller men. Heero, in front, shot single-mindedly at Harry's visor, straight in front of him, and only moved when the crazily swung ax was aimed at him. He shot quickly, missing that perfect shot into the eyeholes each time. Steamroller no longer cared that his shooters were dead, only that he knew that he had yet to kill any of the slaves, and he wouldn't get his bonus pay for defeating Treize and helping Theodore.

"QUATRE! QUATRE! QUATRE!" The crowd was chanting, even after he had served his purpose, and he was shot in the arm and the leg- Harry's men were better shooters than they thought- and had trouble going down.

Harry was now swinging around and down in one place; Treize's group was all over him now. Though they couldn't get past his armor, they succeded in bewildering and distracting him as Milliardo and Relena chopped Treize free at last. The crowd made a deafening roar as he broke through the rest of his chains easily, now chanting his name as he reached for a weapon, a broadsword nearly twelve feet in length and Quatre could guess it weighed more than a hundred pounds. Treize held it in one hand.

"Everyone move! Treize got the rest!" called Milliardo, throwing down his sword and resting, a huge grin plastered on his face. His sister sat next to him, her arms jelly.

Treize more than had the rest. His first swing into Jellyroll's abdominous girth slid through armor, skin, fat, and organs, which all spilled onto Harry's feet. Delerious with pain, Harry screamed and swung down only to be parried by Treize's broadsword, which cracked as it came into contact with the ax. The duke pushed off the ax like it was nothing but an oversized tree branch, and he easily pulled himself up to Harry's arm by the man's wrist and ran quickly to his neck. Without shooters to stop him, and Harry too injured to shrug him off, Treize had a clean cutting off of Harry's head. The blood gushed like fountain, and Harry's severed head flew onto the floor.

"The winner is.... TREIZE KUSHRENADA!"

Quatre puked.