Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
Not mine!!

Authoress Note: Wow, I got this one out quick! Thanks goes to Moonkitty-chan and her Godzilla-Relena for tormenting me until I finished! *hugs Heero-Plushie* Mine, all mine!! ^_^

* * * * *

A Normal Life: Chapter 11

* * * * *

"Rena, Rena!!" came a high pitched voice. "It's time to go to school!!" Aiko bounced into her room at the ungodly hour of six in the morning.

Heero followed the child in, and picked her up. "Come on, Aiko, let's let her sleep some more."

Relena rolled over in her sleep as a reply.

* * * * *

At about 7:30 everyone was ready to go.

"What do you do with them?" Duo pointed towards the two girls playing hide and seek.

"You'll see, we have to go." Heero replied, shouldering his backpack. "Come on girls, it's time to go."

They all left the house, and opened the garage. The three motorcycles were parked there, ready to be driven to school. Somehow, probably with some meddling on Duo's part, Relena wound up riding with Heero again, not that she was complaining about it.

They drove to the high school, where they locked up the bikes in the large parking lot.

"I'll take Aiko to school." Karou offered, and walked the girl to the elementary school a block down the road.

Heero gave the rest of them a quick tour of the school, including a stop by the child psychology room, where he dropped Ayame off. "Mrs. Callin uses her as a tool in teaching about the way kids think. Leaving Ayame with her benefits everyone." he explained.

They walked by the main office to finish up the registration, and then Heero finished the tour next to their first period class, Spanish 2.

All three of them had enough knowledge of the Spanish language to enroll in the second year class. Relena had taken Spanish 1 at her old school, before the Eve Wars. Duo had picked up some during his time on the streets.

"Where's Karou at?" Relena asked softly. She was sort of intimidated by the Land of Untamed Hormones that was public high school.

"She's a sophomore, so she has different classes. You'll see her next period, in band, while you, Duo, go to Mrs. Kim's room, for Chem." he said.

"OK." she replied, as they walked into the classroom. Soon, the bell rang, and the teacher called Duo and Relena up to the front.

"Tenemos dos estudiantes nuevos, Duo Maxwell y Relena Darlian." (1) she introduced them to the class. The teacher then send them back to their seats, and began the day's lesson, which was on a new verb form, el imperfecto.

"Aw, crap, another one?" Heero moaned, holding his head in his hands. The rest of the class either laughed, or moaned and groaned with him.

"Si, Senor Yuy, un otro." she responded. "Pero, es una forma de verbos muy facil. Hay solomente tres verbos irregular." (2)

Duo and Relena were quite lost, but Heero perked up. "Only three? Cool!"(3)

Soon after she began her lecture on el imperfecto, Relena spared a glance at Heero. What she saw surprised her, as she never thought to see the Perfect Solder in such a position. Heero seemed to be wilting in his seat, and within moments he was asleep, a thin line of drool connecting his mouth to the desk.

An odd, and rather malicious, look crossed her face, and she held up her pencil. She carefully reached over, and poked him in the side.

He jerked awake, and made a face at Relena. She muffled her laughter and went back to taking notes, as Heero went back to his nap.

* * * * *

Duo walked off to find his next class as Heero and Relena met up with Karou and went to the band room. They opened the door to come face to face with Rose. Rose and her 72-oz. Gulp cup, filled to the brim with Pepsi. Rose was very, very hyper.

Heero left Relena with them, and went to talk to Mr. B. Rose and Karou led her up to the pit box, and introduced her to everyone there.

"This is Nick, he's just a freak. That's Caroline. She's cool. That's Andrew. He's an asshole. That's Richard, watch out, he's a major flirt." Rose rambled on about everyone there, until Relena had met the entire drum line. She then took another swig from her Gulp cup, and made a face. "Oh, Mommie's gotta go to the bathroom, be right back!" she said as she dashed out the door.

Relena sat down in one of the free seats and pulled out a book from her backpack. As she began to read, Richard sat down next to her. He yawned, and stretched out his arms. He then brought one of his arms down around her shoulders. She stiffened, and looked right at him. It was obvious he was only playing, but...

She quickly got up and stepped away, but then she bumped into Andrew. "Hey, watch where you're going, bitch." he shoved her away. Relena eyes widened, and she began to panic. She backed away from Andrew, who was now ignoring her, and then bolted out the door. She ran as fast as she could until she turned a corner and fell to her knees, sobbing.

Karou, who had seen her run away, was right behind her, panicked. Did she see an assassin in there?

"Relena, what's wrong, what is it?" she asked, putting a hand on Relena's shoulder.

"Those...those guys..." she managed to get out between sobs.

"What guys? Andrew and Richard?" she knelt beside her. Relena nodded. "But, those two are harmless, what's the problem?" Relena just shook her head. "Come on, you have to tell me, or I can't help you." When she received no answer but a strangled sob, she took a different path. "I promise not to tell Heero."

Relena looked up. "You can't tell him. Ever." she whispered softly. Karou nodded, offering a comforting smile.

"OK, sit down, and we'll talk. Everything said here stays here."

"At the attack..." Relena launched into her story, "I was giving a speech. They shot me in the arm, and I ran for the wings of the stage, where my guards were. They.... they were all dead." Relena took a deep breath. "One of the assassins grabbed me from behind, and shoved me into a small side room and... and...he... he ripped off my clothes." she collapsed into another set of sobs.

Karou put her arm around her friend's shoulders, and gently rocked her back and forth. "It's OK, it's OK, Relena." After Relena had calmed down a bit more, Karou whispered. "Did he...?"

Relena slowly shook her head. "No. I... I proved a bit too uncooperative, and he just shot me in the stomach and left me to die." she whispered back, wanting no one to accidentally overhear the conversation.

Karou suddenly stood up, and offered a hand to Relena. "Come on, lets go to the bathroom and get you cleaned up. Relena nodded and took Karou's hand. After pulling her up, the two of them left for the bathrooms, Karou skillfully changing the subject.

"You really aren't going to tell Heero? Really?" Relena asked once they were in the bathroom.

"No, telling him wouldn't be a good idea." she said.

"Why not? Would he... would he not care about me anymore?" she asked, staring into the mirror. She was far from beautiful, especially with her cheeks tear-stained as they were. She had no idea why he would love her, but she knew he did.

"No! As acting little sister, I know these things!" (4) she announced. "Rather than dump you, he'd never let you go!"

"That sounds like a good thing to me." Relena retorted.

"No, I mean never let you go. As in, 'You want to go to bathroom by yourself? Fat chance!' He'll fricking stand there in the stall with you! This is Heero we're talking about. Overprotective SOB Supreme."

Relena burst out laughing at her antics, and marveled at how true they rang. She could imagine Heero doing that. She could also imagine herself shooting him for it.

"You're right, telling him is not a good idea." she smiled, and rubbed the last of the tear stains from her cheeks.

* * * * *

After the two girls had left, a near by tree rustled slightly, and a dark figure dropped out silently to the ground. The man stuck his hands in his pockets, and walked slowly away. He had missed the whispered part of the conversation, but he had heard enough.

The brooding teenager was lost in his thoughts. He knew that this terrorist organization was going down, but they wanted to go out with a bang. If it was a bang they wanted, then Heero Yuy would provide.

* * * * * * *

Sorry if my spanish sucks. I only took 2 years of it.

(1)We have two new students, Duo Maxwell and Relena Darlian.
(2)Yes, Mr. Yuy, another one. But, it's a very easy verb form. There are only three irregular verbs.
(3)In spanish there are about a million different forms for each verb, and each form follows a pattern. Unfortunately, most verbs DON'T follow this pattern, and are called irregular. *shudder*

(4)Karou is his cousin, but acts like his little sister.

I hope ya'll liked it!! Yay, the mystery is solved!! But-- huh? Heero, what are you doing here?

Heero: *brooding* Should I use C4? Nah, too weak. Oh, Ayanami-chan, what'd you say?

Ayanami: Heero-kun, what's up?

Heero: Nothing much I'm just trying to figure out how I should kill those terrorists... hmm.... I got some pipe bombs under my bed, I could use those... hmm.... *walks off*

Ayanami: Right.... I think I'll stick with my Heero-Plushie and Tama-neko-chan. They're much less dangerous. *hugs for Heero-Plushie and Tama-neko*

Heero-Plushie: *deathglare*

Tama-neko: *begs for mercy*

Ayanami: Kawaii!!! *glomps onto both of them*

Tama-neko: How does she do that?

Heero-Plushie: *shrug*

Ayanami: ^_^

*hugs for all*

* * * * *

-Ayanami_Chan
ayanami_rei@softhome.net
http://go.to/aya nami_shrine