Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
Not mine!!

Authoress Note: Aya-chan is working hard!! Getting chapters out fast!! Now Moonkitty-chan must write more too!! Or Godzilla-Relena will chomp Moonkitty-chan!! Aya-chan writes, Moonkitty-chan writes!!

But...Ayanami has more to do then write... Ayanami has to make a Miaka Yuuki costume for AnimeExpo next weekend... and Ayanami has the Diablo 2 Expansion Pack!!! WAHAHAHA!!!

* * * * *

A Normal Life: Chapter 12

* * * * *

Heero Yuy jerked awake as a high pitched ringing invaded his ears. He groggily lifted his head, and offered a glare at Relena, who was laughing at him.

"Heero, do you do anything but sleep at school?" she asked, tauntingly.

He quirked an eyebrow, then crinkled him brow, thinking. Then, with a shrug, he stood up and turned to face her. "No, not really."

She laughed out loud at his response, and slung her backpack over her shoulder. "Well, where to next?"

"Food!" he replied, happily. The two of them left the classroom and headed for the cafeteria. On the way there, they bumped into Karou.

"Hey, Lena, come on!" She grabbed Relena's hand and tugged on it. Relena let herself be led by the girl, when Heero caught ahold of her other hand.

"I don't think so... you stay with me." he said, no, he ordered.

"Come on, Heero," Karou whined, just to aggravate him. "Lena and I need to talk! Alone!"

"I know you better than that. If it's something that you don't want me to hear, it's something I should hear. Now, come on, you two." he growled, not happy with the situation he was in. Karou was right with her prediction before. He was being Overprotective SOB Supreme, and he meant to keep it that way.

"What're you so worried about, Heero?" she asked, tauntingly. Heero dropped Relena's hand and glared at the mischievous teen before him. Which was exactly what she was waiting for. She tugged sharply on Relena's arm, and set off running, Relena on her heels.

They dashed down the hall, until it opened up into the large walkway that ran down the center of the school. Relena turned left and ran with as much speed as she could muster, and Karou turned to the right, running off herself. Within seconds, both of them were lost in the crowds of hungry teenagers.

Relena ducked around a corner into a hallway, the thought of testing Heero like this foremost in her mind. She was enjoying this game very much, although she doubted Heero felt the same. Pausing to catch her breath, she checked her location. She was standing in a dark hallway, with the stairs to the second story right across from her. Good, I'm right where I'm supposed to be.

From her vantage point in the shadows, she glanced all the way down the hall to where the other flight of stairs were. She saw movement and smiled; all was in place. Looking back the way she came, she saw Heero walk past the hallway's mouth. At this, she bolted for the stairs, the sudden movement alerting Heero to her presence.

He growled low in his throat, and followed her. What the hell is she doing? Without me or Duo to protect her, she might- he cut off the thought before it could finish, and simply resolved to find Relena, and make Karou pay for this.

Heero followed Relena up the stairs, only to see the both of them disappear into the girls bathroom. He narrowed his eyes, and took up a post next to the door, glaring at anything and everything around him.

Inside the bathroom, Relena and Karou collapsed to the floor, panting. Neither wore grins or felt good about evading Heero.

"Well, Lena, you were right." Karou stood up, and turned on the sink, splashing her face with cold water.

"He heard." Relena said, coldly. She felt like she was going to do one of two things: One, break down and cry, or Two, march right out there and give Heero a piece of her mind. "He heard. He knows. Everything."

"Not everything." Karou looked over at her. "We whispered. He couldn't have been close enough to hear that." she turned her eyes to gaze sadly at the door, where he surely stood, waiting.

Relena's eyes widened, and her jaw dropped, as she remembered the whispered part of their earlier conversation. "He.... he thinks... that..." she quickly stood up on legs that were suddenly shaky, and made her way towards the door.

"Lena, what're you doing?" Karou asked, moving in front of her.

"We... we can't let him think that..." he voice trailed off, and she just looked at her.

"It's too late. If you tell him that now, he'll think your only trying to make him feel better. He'll take that even worse!" she said. "Look at it form his point of view. He's probably already mad because you didn't confide in him before you told me. Then you try to make him feel better, which he'll think is a lie-"

"So he hates me now?" she asked softly, a tear spilling from her eye. She pressed her back to the wall, and slowly slid to the ground, sobbing. She was already stressed out and afraid over the events of the past week, but this pushed it over the edge. Being with Heero made me feel safe, but if he hates me now... he'll still protect me... but he... how could he ever love me now?

Karou bent down next to her, and tried to comfort her, but Relena just slapped her hands away. "Lena...?"

"Just go away!" Relena said, sharply. "Go tell Heero, or don't tell him, or whatever. Just go." she ordered.

"OK, Lena. I'll be outside." she slowly stood up and walked towards the door. She pushed the door open, and stepped out, quickly closing it behind her, but not quick enough. A sob drifted though the air, to the ears of the man waiting for them.

"Heero." she said, forestalling anything he might have wanted to say. "Just don't ask. I'll answer, but you won't like what you hear."

His eyes narrowed, and he ignored her advise. "Why did you run away from me? This isn't a game-"

"Does it look like we're playing a game?" Karou demanded, angrily. "We wanted to know if you had heard or not." she said, not specifying what he had or hadn't heard. She didn't need to; he already knew.

"Why didn't you just ask me?" he asked, angry that they hadn't.

"Would you have told us the truth?" she returned, making his pause. No, he wouldn't have.

'Why didn't she tell me before?" he asked, somewhat weakly.

"I don't know. I guess it's just easier to tell a girl than a guy. I bet her brother doesn't even know. Maybe his wife, what's-her-name, Noin or whatever, knows. It's just easier to talk to girls." she shrugged, and waited for his next question.

"Why...?" he gestured towards the door.

"Why is she crying?" she asked, and he nodded. "Because she thinks you hate her now." she answered simply, and turned to leave. But she didn't turn fast enough. She caught the look in his eye, the one showed his smashed and beaten heart suffer another hard blow.

"Why?" he asked again, his heart pounding.

"I can't tell you that. Ask her. It's only the girls bathroom."

* * * * *

Well, do you like it? Another chapter out soon, I promise!! *hugs*

* * * * *

-Ayanami_Chan
ayanami_rei@softhome.net
http://go.to/aya nami_shrine